Start by marking “What I Love About You” as Want to Read:
What I Love About You

What I Love About You (Military Men #3)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  3,243 Ratings  ·  311 Reviews

New York Times bestselling author Rachel Gibson returns to your favourite sexy SEAL twins - this time telling the story of Blake.

Once upon a time, Natalie Cooper had it all - as a high school cheerleader she could shake her pom-poms with the best of them. But several years down the line, she's paying the price of popularity when her husband runs off with a twenty-year-o

Published August 28th 2014 by Transworld Digital (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about What I Love About You, please sign up.
Cynthia Yes. A lot of her series are pretty location based. In fact the 2nd book of this series is part of another series of hers. And this book has…moreYes. A lot of her series are pretty location based. In fact the 2nd book of this series is part of another series of hers. And this book has connections to her Texas series. But she writes them so that they can be read as stand alone books.

But I do recommend reading them just because they're good books!(less)

Jill
Sep 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jill by: Michelle [Helen Geek]

This wasn't too bad. Well-written, likeable characters, some great scenes with the hero doing his job, wonderful child character, etc, etc. But....

O Romance, Romance! wherefore art thou Romance?

Yes, there was sex ...and it was good. But there was a distinct lack of romance, sexual tension. What I Love About You isn't the first or only romance novel lately that has substituted sex for romance. But I'm tiring of these novels in the romance genre, particularly contemporary romance, that offe
Jamie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this was a really super cute easy read with just about zero angst.. I do however have a problem with the ending! It was wrapped up super quick and THERE WAS NO F'KING EPILOGUE! DAMMIT! I NEEDED AN EPILOGUE. READERS LOVE EPILOGUE'S! DON'T YOU ALWAYS WANT AN EPILOGUE!?? Unless it's a cliffhanger.. then come on... Oh well. Besides THAT.. I did enjoy it.

Andrea
** 4.5 stars **

Thank goodness for What I Love About You!

When I picked this book up, I was coming off a run of underwhelming books. As a true lover of romance, I was so disappointed that I wasn't falling in love with, well, two people falling in love. I wasn't feeling the spark, the fun and passion that comes with two characters falling in love.

Me: "Is it just me?"
Husband:
"Is what just you?"
Me:
"I don't like anything I'm reading. I don't feel anything for these characters and to be honest, the
Jacob Proffitt
This is third in two separate series. The Truly, Idaho books don't really play a role in this one, for all it takes place in Truly. The other couples don't show up at all and that's probably for the best. The Military Men series, on the other hand, featured Blake's brother and he not only shows up, but plays kind of a pivotal role. So I recommend you read that one before this, if you can.

And I'm half-tempted to tell you to skip this one. I'm trying to come up with things to recommend it and I ha
Katrina Mills
I am not too happy with the past two books I have read by Mrs. Gibson. Although I did laugh out loud a few times, it felt like there was no genuine build up between the two main characters. And the way she kept throwing in pregnancy hints.... I was just waiting to find out the heroine was accidentally knocked up- which would ultimately bring him to his senses about loving her...so on and so on. If I would have found out she was pregnant, I would have stopped reading the book because that M.O. ha ...more
Anita
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Gibson has a real talent to write the type of romance that I love to read. Humor and hilarious situations and hot steamy romance make her books such fun to read. Not a drop of angst in the whole book.

On meeting retired SEAL Blake Junger divorced mother Natalie Cooper promptly declares him "A raging a**hole." She isn't off by much with that description. Blake is a lot of things, a recovering alcoholic, a sufferer of PTSD, and avoider of any sort of a relationship with a woman. He also is a
Lisa Filipe
I Will Never Again Look at a Hoss the same...Bow Tie....Soooooo cute!!

Let me start by saying, WHAT I LOVE ABOUT YOU, has one of the funniest opening scene's I have ever read... Blake and Bow Tie STEAL the show! Chapter One will lighten your heart, have you cracking up, and will keep you turning pages until you are done! Oh...and sexy Blake isn't so bad on the eyes either.

Natalie was a heroine that you can relate to, and one that you, like her best friend Lilah Markham (I know...Tommy's sister...
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: C-

I’m going to hit the highs and lows of what I enjoyed and what didn’t work for me with this latest offering from Rachel Gibson. I find her books to be easy, fun reads that I can zip through in a day and What I Love About You fits that description as well. I enjoyed the heroine Natalie and her drive after having the rug pulled out from under her by her (now) ex-husband. She’s a single mom, running her own business and trying to move past all
Michelle [Helen Geek]

Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Mild
384 pages

Very disappointed. Incredibly disappointed. I love this author. What the hell
Robin
Struggling alcoholic Blake Junger has moved to Truly, Idaho, to change his ways and keep himself out of bars. But when he meets his next door neighbor Natalie Cooper, his new struggle is to keep is hands off of her. Natalie isn't interested in a relationship. She has a four year old daughter who takes up most of her time. She also has an ex-husband who will be getting out of prison shortly and wants to meet his daughter. Natalie's sexy neighbor is a distraction she doesn't need right now.

I usua
KatLynne

A sexy as sin ex-Navy Seal, a divorced, independent heroine, an adorable five year old along with an abandoned pup made this an enjoyable read. Blake Junger is more than delicious, however I needed a little more groveling from him at the end. And while Blake and Natalie's romance is certainly steamy, I wished for a more romantic feel for their relationship.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
3.5 'wish there was an epilogue' stars

This is a cute, easy read. While the H suffers from PTSD and commitment issues, he is charming and the H/h are attracted to each other. The h is strong - single-mother. Her ex left her for a younger woman after swindling a bunch of money from his clients - yes, he was in prison for a few years. I wish there had been an epilogue.
L.W.
Aug 30, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I am getting really turned off by this genre these days. I used to read Rachael Gibson for the witty conversations the funny situations and the story line. The romance came naturally through the chase and it usually made for a great read.

This book was all about sex, or dare I even say it smut. All the leading male character thought about was getting her into bed...what a great guy. I guess the major disappointment was...in the past this author has had multi dimensional characters.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Military Men series and the third book in the Truly, Idaho series by Rachel Gibson. Blake Junger just wants to be left alone. But a young girl wanders over to his property and disrupts his life. And then there is the girl's mom, Natalie Cooper. Natalie is trying to make a life for her and her daughter and doesn't need any distractions. And Blake is a big distraction.

Nice and fun read. I think Natalie's daughter, Charlotte, and the dog, Sparky, really added to the story. Yes
Wanderlust
Actual rating, 3.5, needed an epilogue so badly, not even a joke.
P.s I am mad at myself for reading out of order by accident but thankfully it didnt matter!
Keri
I don't think the hero groveled enough for how he handled the kiss off. Also the PTSD wasn't really addressed IMO. Ending was way to short and font way to big. Could have been as good as Beau's book, but just wasn't.
Aly is so frigging bored
4.5*
That's why I enjoy every Rachel Gibson book, the woman just writes them right.
Lauren
What I Love About You
3.5 Stars

All Blake Junger wants is some peace and quiet to recover from his demons after years of service overseas. Unfortunately, Blake's new neighbor, Natalie Cooper, is proving to be a significant distraction with her luscious curves, sweet nature and precocious daughter. In the aftermath of her ex-husband's betrayal, Natalie has her hands full running a business and caring for a young child. She has no interest in a rude, overbearing and grouchy neighbor. Now, if she can
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
I have whiplash from how quickly this wrapped up
Cheri
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about the other twin...Blake. He was as hard to warm up to as his twin brother Beau. I did though,lol! Romantic, steamy, and casually funny. The dog, Charlotte, Mabel, all good for a belly laugh :)
Sep 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I debated whether or not to read this after reading some negative reviews on it. I was a fan of this authors earlier books but in the last few years her stories have disappointed. I decided to give this one a try after reading and enjoying the sample.

Blake amused me! He's a typical bachelor. He's not into kids or marriage. When he meets the 5 year old girl Charlotte from next door he's a little rude to her but I found it funny. When he then meets her mother Natalie, he's attracted to her. Blake
Jamie Beck
Really a 3.5. Gosh, I wish they'd allow half-stars!!

First, I LOVE Rachel's writing voice. She's an auto-buy for me, and I've read nearly all of her books. Her sentences are so well-constructed, the plot/pacing always tight and swift. And her stories are largely realistic (they don't go off on quirky tangents or silly twists). Her heroes are alphas, ones I usually like. But that is where this story failed for me.

I just couldn't get into Blake's character. At first I was rapt. His background had m
LaFleurBleue
I really enjoyed reading this book, even though it was finished way too soon, a bit too abruptly and easily. However even imperfect as it was, I enjoyed the read much more than many other comedies from other authors.
I really liked the heroine's character, how she managed to rebuild her life after the debacle of her first marriage. Her slightly deprecating tone and view of her former husband's coming back thinking they might be able to start again seemed true, a bit painful from previous pain and
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
Rachel Gibson never disappoints. I fell for Blake pretty much immediately. I'm not sure what it says about me that the way that he talked to Charlotte made me smile. Sure it probably wasn't appropriate most of the time but it still made me happy. Charlotte and Blake's friendship was my favorite thing about this story.
The story was made even more interesting when Natalie's ex-husband makes and appearance and ends of being more of a two-dimensional character who isn't all that bad. By no means did
Kath S
Rachel está perdiendo el toque.

La vdd esperaba más y algo diferente. Pero la historia terminó siendo igual que tooodos los libros de esta autora. Entretenidos, sí, pero con los mismos clichés y poco desarrollo de siempre. No le doy una calificación más baja porque me entretuvo y los personajes no estuvieron del todo mal.

Martel
This novel had potential... but everything in it was either rushed or unfinished. The general feeling it left me was that the author either wasn't very involved in her story, or that she was on a tight schedule. The ending was quite disappointing, not that it was bad, after all, it was a romance, but it left so many unanswered questions and ongoing situations that I first thought a sequel was to come.
Nevertheless I liked it : a cute dog and a little girl were involved... ;)
Linda Bakker-Zwakhals
2.5-3 stars. I missed the development and build-up between the characters, a little bit more to the story and the ending was kind of abrupt. But it was a cute story to read:)
Thenia
Blake, a recovering alcoholic former SEAL moves in next to Natalie, a single mother of a five year old girl with whom he ends up sharing a puppy.

The two rub each other the wrong way initially, with Blake having trouble with his addiction and Natalie not appreciating his less than friendly attitude towards her daughter, but neither of them can deny the attraction between them.

A relationship isn't something Blake wants and Natalie is hesitant to bring a man in their lives who might take off and br
Marleen
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rachel-gibson
So far, I've only read two previous books by this author, quite a long time ago. To be honest, I was never convinced by her stories and/or talent. But lately I've been craving more lighter reads, and I came across this one. The cover was rather attractive and I thought “Why Not?” - It turns out that this book was exactly what I needed! Not so much for the sex scenes: they were ok but redundant. No - what I appreciated most was the witty dialogue, the banter and the situational comedy feel. This ...more
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • Christmas Brides
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • The Bride Says Maybe (The Brides of Wishmore, #2)
  • Texas Mail Order Bride (Bachelors of Battle Creek, #1)
  • Wyoming Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • In Love with a Wicked Man
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • The Earl's Defiant Wallflower (The Dukes of War, #2)
  • The Devil of Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #1)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a housewife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's
More about Rachel Gibson

Military Men (3 books)
  • Blue By You (Military Men #1)
  • Run to You (Military Men #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be