Start by marking “Must Love Breeches (Must Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Must Love Breeches (Must Love, #1)

Must Love Breeches (Must Love #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  759 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
She's finally met the man of her dreams. Only one problem: he lives in a different century.

HOW FAR WOULD YOU TRAVEL FOR LOVE?

A mysterious artifact zaps Isabelle Rochon to pre-Victorian England, and suddenly her love of historical authenticity collides with the reality that she’s a modern-day girl. But when a thief steals her card case, she determines to retrieve the time-t
Published September 3rd 2014 by Angela Trigg

To ask other readers questions about Must Love Breeches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must Love Breeches

Ally
Under normal circumstances, I have a no Time Travel rule

Some rules are made to be broken and celebrated!

tyrion dancing

NOTE: read for 2017 Historical Romance Reading Challenge, Time Travel category, doh!.

Setting / Time / Genre: London current and 1850ish

Series: Yes

Sexy times: a few times. Normal stuff. Easy peasy.

Plan on reading more by the author: Most certainly.

Synopsis Typical TT. Heroine goes back in time...etc. What makes this a wee bit different is that this book starts none other than Ada Lovelace -
*Avonna
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am always so excited when I come across a well written romantic historical time travel; from serious, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon to my favorite humorous time travel romance, A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. If you agree, add Angela Quarles’ MUST LOVE BREECHES to your list!

Isabelle Rochon has moved to London from Atlanta to work as an intern at the British Museum and is trying to get her life back on track after a failed relationship and the loss of her family. Dressed for a costume
Twinsie Talk Angie J
check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.FAcebook.com/twinsietalk
@twinsietalk

I recevied this book from the author for an honest opinion.

*Taps screen* Hey you!! Come closer I gotta tell you a secret. *lowers voice to a whisper* I freaking love historical romances. However, I dont get the chance to read a lot of them AND I kinda get teased for my love for them. *nods head* ok back away so we dont look like we are conspiring to take over the world...which we are of course.....

So th
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I'm a huge sucker for a time-travel book. HUGE.

My favorite book? Outlander. My first "romance" book? A Knight in Shining Armor. So you see, for me time-travel books are my happy place. For that reason alone, I was predisposed to like this book.

Must Love Breeches is a sort of classic time-travel romance with a fish out of water plot line as heroine Isabelle finds herself zapped back in time to pre-Victorian England. Trouble and antics ensue.

What was great about this book was the modernity of it
Kiltsandswords
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing

The moment I started reading this book I immediately thought of Outlander by Diana Gabaladon and Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Vierra Rigler. The concept of time travelling to one of my favourite time periods. I immediately fell in love with the concept and the plot! This book was amazing! A definite top ten contender and I can’t wait to re-read it as I breathlessly read as fast as I could to learn what would happen next.
Isabelle is a modern day American who has moved to London f
Miranda
MY REVIEW: 4 captivating stars!

photo yay3_zpsc6875ecb.gif

Ms. Quarles has a tremendous talent for writing. This time travel historical romance makes for a captivating read. It left me wishing the book went on forever. The dialogue, all the charming wit, and amazing sex scenes make the story a page turner. Her name should be beside Karen Marie Moning and Diana Gabaldon.

The suddenness of the kiss stunned Isabelle. His strong hands, cradling her face firmly. His body, pinning her to the wall.
Whoa.
Probably the sexiest thing
Trish R.
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Trish by: Tracy T.
Read again as I listened to it. What a difference. Almost perfect narration.

I found myself laughing every few pages. And it was mentioned on page 19 that Phineas had 2 different color eyes, but I forgot about that since it was not mentioned again until page 60, but then his eyes were mentioned a few more times, so it made sense.

It was a really good story. I liked the players: Ada, Katy, Mrs. Somerville. I liked that Isabelle kicked the bad guy’s a**.

One reviewer gave this book 2 stars and mentio
Angela Quarles
Jun 25, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For more information, visit: http://angelaquarles.com/books/must-l...
Victoria
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I LOVED THIS SO MUCH
It's the first time that GR recommends me a book and actually nails it! I didn't know the author but I fell in love with her writing.
The sexual tension HOLY SHIT Isabelle and Phineas had off the chart chemistry. I love them!
A modern person travelling into the past is always hilarious and a trope that I love. I'll most likely read more from Quarles.
Beth
Take a fantastical ride back in time and experience Must Love Breeches.

What would you do if you met the perfect guy but he’s from a totally different century?

When Isabelle Rochon is transported back in time, she finds herself in the pre-Victorian England. When she realizes that she has been sent back in time she finds an unlikely ally. Lord Montagu, also known as the Vicious Vicount, and his cousin come to her rescue.

Trying to traverse the precarious circumstances, Isabelle finds herself comple
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a nice change for this type of book - a time travel romp - for it to be set in England rather than the Highlands. Not that I don't love my rugged Highlanders (and you know I do - rawr!), but a stilted, stoic yet sinfully sexy British gentleman is an excellent alternative to a sword-weilding Scot any day of the week. And why should those north of the border get the monopoly on all of the stunningly beautiful damsels that accidentally fall through time anyway, hmm? Seems a little unfair to me ...more
Courtney
Re-read May 16, 2016
Read September 17, 2014

This book came to my attention as a goodreads giveaway that I entered, but didn't win. And, I should probably say that the title and cover art are what caught my eye. But, there are so many elements of this story that I love. First off, I love that the heroine is from Mobile and works in museums. Add in the time travel, romance, brushes with famous figures from history, and something not set in Jane Austin's time period and OMG, YES. It is funny, sweet,
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
This was a thoroughly charming read! I really enjoyed it. It was rather light, with a few well done steamy scenes. Intelligently written with a nice twist near the end that I didn't see coming. I had never read anything by Angela Quarles before, but I'll definitely read the next in the series. I was pleasantly surprised by this read!
Linda
A delightful historical time travel romance and a deliciously fun start to the series!!!!

If only she had lived back then... experienced a real ball... not this play-acting. "Wouldn't that be amazing to truly be at this ball in 1834?" she whispered. The silver under her thumb flared with heat. The room spun. The air, colors and sounds muted as if she was inside an abstract color painting.

MUST LOVE BREECHES by Angela Quarles is a delightful historical time travel romance and a deliciously fun st
Kari
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Richardson
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I liked this book and I really liked both the hero and the heroine. It was nice to read about a heroine that ended up back in time and had what I think was an appropriate response to the phenomenon. Isabelle is at a period ball for work, she found a silver card case and a journal in the floorboards of her home. She brought the calling card case with her and while rubbing the case, wished that she was actually at a ball in the 1830's. To her surprise, she wakes up at the ball, in the 1 ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Isabelle Rochon loves working at British Museum. She especially loves reenactment ball. Isabelle discovers that the current hottie she's lusting after is a complete and utter dawg. Isabelle loves silver card case she found and journal. Isabelle is using the silver card case when she suddenly ends up in 1834. Isabelle makes the acquaintance of Ada Bryon Lovelace and Lord Phineas Montagu. Isabelle can't believe she's back in time yet she must face facts as there are. The silver card case has been ...more
Debbie
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I picked up this book as a recommendation from my cousin, and I think it was the case of the right book at the right time. I really enjoyed it.

A few disclaimers: I don't read fluffy writing much, and this is fluffy. I love time travel romances, but I prefer ones that stay close to my life time, like Time Traveler's Wife and Time After Time (the YA series). Also, I don't generally read historical fiction or sexy romances - just not normally my thing.

However. I really liked this book - enough to b
Tracy T.
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun Time Travel- Great Narration by Mary Jane Wells (audible review)
This was such a fun book to read/listen to. Love a good LOL time travel story,
I really enjoyed both the hero and heroine. They made a great couple and had some good chemistry together. She was a strong female character and really gave you some LOL moments. He was a bit stuffy but in a good way.

The plot and story line was great. Well, it is a time travel so what is not good about that storyline! There was a lot of really fantast
Eunice Robertson
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Isabelle works at the British Museum, and has bought a house said to be built in the 1800's. As she is renovating she finds a silver card case and a diary from that period under the floorboards. The discovery of the diary gains her the chance of a permanent post at the museum. At a 1800's re-enactment ball held at the museum, holding the silver card case, she finds herself swept back to that period. And here is where her adventure starts. The theft of the card case, meeting the love of her life, ...more
Ray Perreault
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: complete
I enjoy historical books and I also enjoy an appropriate amount of romance in those novels. I am more inclined to the historical/action direction than the romance direction, I guess it's a guy thing. I still enjoyed this book, primarily because of the quality of the writing and the female character. I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoys historical books.
My only comment is that I'd like to see more action and intrigue. The story line lent itself to more deceit and subterfuge which I think could
Marlene
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any romance fan
Pro's:

1. Strong heroine
2. Honorable hero
3. Hot romance!
4. All the fun and awkwardness that comes with throwing someone way into the past.

Con's:

.... NONE!!!

Isabelle would appreciate this list. :-p

Seriously though, this story was so much fun. It's light-hearted with a ton of romance, intriguing characters, fabulous world-building and really interesting historical facts. I learned things I never knew about that time period. And I got a bunch of warm fuzzies from the fabulously written romantic rel
Lieve
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's the whole time travel aspect of the book that really draw me in and I loved the concept and the plot .
It was so much fun reading Must Love Breeches with this interesting and crazy story line . You gotta love a heroine that ends up back in time while rubbing a silver card case , whishing and waking up at a ball in the 1830 's right in front of Lord Byron's daughter . Too crazy !!
An awesome funny story that I certainly will read over again .
Jess Schira
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
What a fun book. The characters are delightful. Ms. Quarles does a great job jumping from contemporary times to a past era. The story does an excellent job moving forward and has a satisfying climax. The only compliant is that there's one point, which I think is a typo, where the contemporary date gets confusing. The contemporary parts feel like they should be current, but there was some mention about the 1940's.

I'm looking forward to reading more of Ms. Quarles books.
Nakeesha
I really liked the open and I enjoyed the transition into the past for the heroine. Both the hero and heroine got the warm and fuzzies immediately. But they both were standoffish at the exact same time. The open grabbed me, but as I continued to move through the work the story didn't keep a hold of me.

ARC provided by Netgalley
Jenna
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It was so good, I couldn't put it down. The characters are fun and refreshing. I really enjoyed the main character. She is a damsel in distress but she doesn't act like it . if you like romantic time travel novels I definitely recommend giving the story a try.
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
You know I love a good time travel book! Lee is reviewing RITA award winner, Angela Quarles on the blog today - kicking off the series with book 1, Must Love Breeches! 4.5 stars

Charity
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book from the author via goodreads. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Isabelle and Lord Montagu. It was fun following Isabelle along as she tried to cope in a different time from her own. This was a fun read and a great story!
Christina McKnight
Read an earlier draft of Must Love Breeches and it was amazing! Plan to re-read when it is released.
Kimberly
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • Christmas Brides
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • Texas Mail Order Bride (Bachelors of Battle Creek, #1)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • My Brave Highlander (Highland Adventure #3)
  • Her Warrior Slave (MacEgan Brothers, #1)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • The Groom Says Yes (The Brides of Wishmore, #3)
  • In Love with a Wicked Man
An avid reader herself, Angela Quarles writes books she'd like to read--laugh-out-loud, smart romances that suck you into her worlds and won't let you go until you reach The End.

~Newsletter: http://bit.ly/1sde3Qi
~Amazon: http://bit.ly/AngelaQuarles
~BookBub:: http://bit.ly/2xVWY
More about Angela Quarles

Must Love (4 books)
  • Must Love Chainmail (Must Love, #2)
  • Must Love Kilts (Must Love, #3)
  • Must Love More Kilts (Must Love, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“The door opened, held by the butler, and Lord Montagu swept into the room, his presence overwhelming the space. She could swear even the flowers in their vases perked up and listed in his direction. Honest to Pete.” 1 likes
“Yes, especially if the lady is intelligent. I have never been one to tolerate fools, regardless of their sex, so it follows I also appreciate sense, regardless of sex.” 1 likes