Start by marking “Moment of Impact (Moments In Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moment of Impact (Moments In Time, #1)

Moment of Impact (Moments In Time #1)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  740 Ratings  ·  179 Reviews
Outside Collin Fitzpatrick’s dorm room is a dangerous place. Beyond his door the students of his small, conservative college think he’s straight, as does his Catholic family who'd disown him if they learned the truth. Inside, he’s safe with his incredibly sexy roommate Tanner D’Amico. Their room makes a perfect place to hide away and fall in love. The moment they cross the ...more
Published January 7th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Moment of Impact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moment of Impact

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

I didn't mean to see Tanner D'Amico's cock. I really didn't.

And BAM! Just like that I'm hooked after the first sentence.

Unfortunately, the story didn't fully live up to its opening potential.

Collin and Tanner are college roommates. They've been friends for a couple years, although we don't see much camaraderie or interaction between them.

Tanner is bi and madly crushing on Collin.

So how does Tanner woo Collin?

Every Monday night he fucks his female friend with benefits in the dorm roo
SheReadsALot
FOUR HEARTS--I can speak for only myself, but I'm wary of MF writers who suddenly start writing MM Romance. I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm nobody's gatekeeper. But I am a frustrated reader when I see bad, telly MF writing that gets refurbished into a MM package. They are popular (good for you if you love them) but they can't fool me. I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to this type of writing after reading however many books in the romance genre (of the MM and MF variety).

This book passes
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4 stars!

I must say, I quite enjoyed this one.

Yes, it was a novella so there wasn't a lot of character and story development. But I thought it was fun.

Tanner and Collin are roommates. Because every Monday Tanner brings Wendy home to have sex with her in their room, Collin assumes Tanner is straight.

This particular Monday, Tanner shows up alone. But while he may be alone, he still gives Collin quite the show!

"I didn't mean to see Tanner D'Amico's cock. I really didn't."

And so the story beg
Meags

New Adult college romances are a favourite sub-category of mine within the M/M genre and this particular story was one of the more enjoyable ones I’ve read recently.

I enjoy the idea of two roommates falling in love and sharing their sexual awakenings together behind closed doors. Collin and Tanner were in equal parts sweet and hot together, with their intimate scenes reading as tender and sensual, as opposed to the more steamier (kinkier) levels of similar books, like His Roommate's Pl
Sheziss
It all began with the first sentence:

I didn't mean to see Tanner D'Amico's cock. I really didn't.

You just CAN'T do that to a girl! Lucky for me, estrogens protected my heart. Thank you, estrogens. Never leave me, please.

I knew I wanted the book just by the looks. It's just that, I fell in love with the cover. And call me crazy, but I always thought this was a story in the 50s. Maybe that vintage sort of picture, maybe the James Dean looks, maybe the John Travolta's toupee. I just, plain and s
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 Stars***

This was an enjoyable, quick, roommates to lovers read that sucked me in from the first sentence...

I didn't mean to see Tanner D'Amico's cock. I really didn't.

With this being novella length, there wasn't much development in the history of Tanner and Collin's friendship, so I'm not sold on the depth of their connection yet, but it's clear that the two really care about each other.

I'm really interested in seeing where Tanner and Collin's relationship goes.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Huh? I found that pretty enjoyable actually. I could tell you what was missing or what was needed or a million other things, but really, I liked it a lot and I'll leave it at that.

I do have to do a better job at reading blurbs, this wasn't at all what I thought it would be but today, it worked.

March looks like it brings the angst. God how I hate angst.
Sarina Bowen
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I loved this, and I can't wait to read book #2. (Note: this book does NOT end on a cliffhanger, though!)

This was so well written, and the dialogue is fresh and believable. (I'm kind of a dialogue nut, so that's important to me.) It's a cute college story, and I was hooked from page one.

And? It's hottttttt.
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆ by: Pam
I was hooked from page 1. That was a pleasant surprize start.
I did start getting a little nervous that it was gonna end up strait PWP (with no butt sex ahhhhh). There didn't seem to be a lot going on story wise...but then it switched gears.
The story portion got a little bit rushed, but I still liked it. I'll be reading book 2 for sure.
I really did enjoy it.
Amy
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Collin and Tanner! College roommates (one of whom is very inexperienced) secretly crushing on each other, finally getting their feelings out in the open. There is some minor angst and some major family drama, but it all worked for me. Can't wait to read the next one!
MaDoReader
Oct 28, 2016 marked it as nope-por-una-buena-razón
Quito reseña y rating
Taya
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2-review
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Tanner D'Amico is a messy dude.

There I said It.

Before i go in on Tanner, lets meet the boys.

Collin Fitzpatrick is very much in the closet. He was raised by overbearing mother who believes the Bible is law. She guilts her children to live by her standards of morality. Collin has a crush "straight" roommate Tanner and precede to pretend to be asleep on the nights his roommate brings his "girlfriend" to their room for sex. Collin lives
T.M. Smith
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Collin Fitzpatrick was raised by a devoutly Catholic mother with some odd rules on how to keep her kids on the straight and narrow. Even away from his mom, his family and the church, Collin still feels strange expressing himself in certain ways. He never really thought about another guy in that way until he watches his roommate and best friend Tanner one night, alone in their dorm room, in the dark.

In just one night, everything changes, and while Collin knows how he feels about Tanner, he doesn’
Bitchie™
This was cute, but seeing that there are three short novellas making up one couple's story, I really wish the author had just published it that way- as one complete novel. Now I have to track down the other two in the series, just to get a complete story.

This was sex heavy, but it was meaningful, with a Catholic boy dealing with not only a major case of general Catholic guilt over sex and masturbation (he doesn't even get nude until he's totally ready to shower!), he's also dealing with guilt ov
Elsbeth
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it

I liked this story... I liked Tanner and Collin.

Loved the "roommates becoming lovers"!

Not much going on in this story other than Collin coming to grip with his sexuality.
Coming from a Catholic home, it was difficult for Collin to be comfortable with his own body.
Tanner was good for him and showed him it was okay to have these desires.

description

"There's nothing to fix. I'm gay, not broken. And I am in love with Tanner"

Although I've been warned for the sequel that "There's gray-area cheating here" , I'
Maiko-chan
Dropped at 49%

Really hot sex and a mostly PWP college boys story. I definitely was enjoying this and I'm not dropping because it's bad but religion is not a theme I enjoy in my stories, not something I want to deal with unless I absolutely have to. Religion isn't (at least so far) a major theme in this book, but there's more focus on it than I want and care to read about, which is to say it's more prevalent than a passing comment here and there. I get that it's something to give the book more pl
Shile loves books
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed reading this, Collin and Tanner have really great chemistry and the book was short and hot, Collin was sooo paranoid it was hilarious sometimes and annoying at the same time. Overall It was an easy read with really hot make out sessions.

description
* N aka Nikki
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Cute and likeable enough!
Helena Stone
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
“I didn’t mean to see Tanner D’Amico’s cock. I really didn’t.”

The quote above has to be one of the best opening lines in a book I’ve ever come across. It certainly made sure the story had my attention from the very first moment. And the rest of the story kept me captivated. It would be hard, if not impossible, to not get sucked into Collin’s turmoil as he comes out of his shell and learns to admit to the feelings he’s been hiding from the world for years.

This is a story-line all of us have read
Veronica of V's Reads
Collin is a closeted gay man who has a secret crush on his roommate, Tanner. They are both juniors in college and have been friends for two years. Collin feels really awful about his sexual attraction, not only because he doesn't believe Tanner would welcome his interest; Collin was raised by his uber-conservative, uber-Catholic mother to believe all sex (even self-love) was bad, unless it was sanctioned by marriage. And homosexual marriage does not qualify.

Tanner has a regular Monday night hook
K.D. Wood
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have a chance to read this story in its beta process. First off, MOI will go down on my list of favorite opening lines. From its conception, that first sentence had me. Hook, line and coc....um, I mean, sinker.
These characters are colorful, original and textured perfectly in Karen's unique style of utterly believable individual voices. Collin and Tanner could be your brother, cousin, or friend instantly. Once in the story, you'll feel as if you know them while at the same
Tess
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: college
** 4.25 stars
From other reviews, I was initially worried this was simply going to be a story of two college roommates having sex all of the time. It was more than that as it was also Collin's coming out story and, of course, the story of Collin and Tanner falling in love. As to the physical parts, it wasn't that they rushed into things since they had been friends and roommates for some time. The story just starts at the point when they first act on the attraction. I liked that everything Collin
Trevor
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook
What a great book, I absolutely loved it from the very start, it is well written, and draws you into the very likeable lead characters straight away.

The story has a good pace to it, allowing the characters to develop, but not dragging on with endless unnecessary padding. The sex scenes are well written and believable, which is often not the case. The "moment of impact" towards the end of the story was unexpected and gave a nice twist to the story and lead to its eventual conclusion, which was ve
Ula'ndi Hart
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall book review: 3.5
Audio book: Robert Nieman (Narrator) - 4
Book cover: 3.5

Nice inbtween read. Short and sweet with lots of hooking-up. I think this one could have had potential has a full noval, but all and all I still enjoyed it.
Teri
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Totally what I needed right now
Hot, not too deep. Sweet.
Will read more from this author
Total momo book
Heather C
This guys were HOT! College roommates to lovers is a trope I can read over and over again. I'm glad to see that Collin and Tanner's story will continue into a novella series...
namericanwordcat
3.5

This is a steamy New Adult romance set in a shared dorm room. What makes it interesting is wading through the an Irish Catholic background and the likeability of both heroes.

I wish all the sections of this romance were in one book as it feels a bit like a serial but we end up in a good place.
Penumbra
I was given Moment of Impact by the author through the Goodreads M/M Romance Group’s Don’t Buy My Love program for an honest review. This story is told in first person through the eyes of Collin Fitzpatrick a college student.

(view spoiler)
Maria
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: coa-ya-na, m-m
Outside is scary, inside is terrifying.

Collin Fitzpatrick did NOT have an easy life. Controlled by a fanatically religious mother, the missing locks on his bathroom and bedroom doors were just some of the small things that had a lasting effect on him. Being gay wasn't remotely up for discussion in his family. Even the thought of being intimate with a guy was completely out of the question. Consequently, Collin is living his life with an unhealthy amount of guilt, shame and anxiety mixed in, and
Dreamspinner Press: Moment of Impact by Karen Stivali 1 9 Jan 07, 2015 11:11PM
  • Misinformation
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch
  • The Best Ever
  • If Only in My Dreams
  • My Name is Luka (More Than Friends, #7)
  • Straight Men Can't Cook
  • Slow Burn
  • Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines, # 2)
  • You Belong With Me
  • Busted (Wellington Guys #1)
  • The Strength of a Man
  • Wood, Screws, & Nails (Hard Hats, #1)
  • Lab Rat's Love
  • The Walls Have Ears (College Fun and Gays, #3)
  • Striker (The Valespian Pact #2)
  • Geoff's Teddy (Synchronous Seductions, #3)
  • Einstein's Peep Show
Karen Stivali is a prolific writer, compulsive baker, and chocoholic with a penchant for books, movies, and fictional British men.
More about Karen Stivali

Moments In Time (6 books)
  • Moment of Truth (Moments In Time #2)
  • Moment Of Clarity (Moments In Time #3)
  • Moment Of Doubt (Moments In Time, #3.5)
  • Moment Of Silence (Moments In Time, #4)
  • Moment of Fate (Moments In Time, #5)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)