Start by marking “Trust the Focus (In Focus #1)” as Want to Read:
Trust the Focus (In Focus #1)

Trust the Focus (In Focus #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  3,073 Ratings  ·  608 Reviews
With his college graduation gown expertly pitched into the trash, Justin Akron is ready for the road trip he planned with his best friend Landry— and ready for one last summer of escape from his mother’s controlling grip. Climbing into the Winnebago his father left him, they set out across America in search of the sites his father had captured through the lens of his Nikon ...more
Published March 17th 2015 by Intermix

To ask other readers questions about Trust the Focus, please sign up.
Trishh Yes it does, that's why it says "out-and-proud"

Jenn
Feb 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: angst-drama, i-own, kindle, m-m
This will not be a popular opinion. Clearly.

I buddy read this book with high expectations and tons of excitement. We ALL were so looking forward to this book, but sadly, it fell short in so many areas, and all of us would have given this...well less than stellar ratings or reviews.

This might be stated as NA, it might have aimed for NA, but it felt really YA. The characters, the arguments and the entire experience read like two 17 year olds rather than two college graduated twenty-two year olds.
Heidi Cullinan
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I keep trying to write reviews lately but my brain is not present to win, so we're sticking with bulleted highlights.

• Sweet. It's sexy, but it's SWEET. This is the book for when you want to snuggle, to have feels but with cushions around you.
• Friends-to-lovers. As in, friends since sixth grade lovers. It's not gay for you, it's one guy out & the other trying-not-to-be-out-but-I-can't-say-no-to-you gay.
• Very firmly new adult. I know we're all still working out what the genre is, but the s
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
Gigi

I absolutely adored this story of MC Justin and MC Landry's tour across America in Justin's RV "Sally".

Best friends Justin and Landry are off for a summer of visiting Justin's father's favorite photographic landmarks. Justin's beloved father died and willed his Winnebago to Justin and Justin feels the best way to honor his memory is to visit the landmarks and scatter his father's ashes in each of these US locations. Landry tags along and blogs their adventure for their friends and family to enjo
Kade Boehme
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this so much. I loved the friends-to-lovers, i liked that even though it was a road trip book, I didn't feel like I was reading a travel brochure for each stop--a common mistake with these books--and I liked that when the inevitable 70% hiccup in the story occurs, it wasn't all dumped on the closet-case (as is also common in these stories) and Landry was adult enough to accept he pushed too hard. We have such a shame culture that we dump on closet cases and I like when an author is under ...more
Trisha Harrington
5 amazing stars!

I love this book! I love it so much, I’m not sure why I didn’t read it sooner.

Trust the Focus can be frustrating at times. It’s angsty. And drove me a little crazy at times. But it felt real. Everything from the friendship between Justin and Landry to the struggle Justin had with coming out and finally, the eventual romantic relationship that developed between them.

Justin isn’t the easiest character to like at times. He says some things that really hurt Landry. But I found it imp
.Lili.
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I went into this book with really high expectations...

But unfortunately they were not totally met. Now that doesn't mean it was bad- far from it. I had just hyped up this book in my head too much, I think. I was so excited- a road trip, best friends to lovers, OFY! HOT DAMN!

Sadly, for the first 75% of this book this was a 3 Star read. 3 Stars isn't bad- it means I like it, but I wanted that giddy awesome feeling, and I actually did get it- from 75% to 88%.

(view spoiler)
J *deep in the heart of Texas*

I don't even know what to say here. But I didn't much care for this one. I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that either

(a) this was this author's first MM book? Because...hello Strong Signal and Fast Connection...LOVED those. And I even liked books 2 and 3 of this series.

or

(b) because I read books 2 and 3 first this one wasn't as good for me? Maybe had I read the series in the proper order I would have liked it more.

And I didn't hate it, it was okay. But there was some definite skimming goi
Vanessa North
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a terrible buddy reader. I was just going to read a couple of pages because it was five in the morning and i couldn't sleep, and I read the whole book.

Sure, i felt guilty. A little. Sorry, Boo. I really did mean to wait.

But i couldn't, you see. Because i started reading, and then i started crying, and then i couldn't stop. Either. I read and i cried and i cried and i read until the very last page. I loved justin and landry and their stupid mistakes and everything.

Megan Erickson, i am so, so
Sheziss
***DNF 78%***

I want to finish it but I don't feel like it now.

I'm very a little frustrated with this book. At first it was beautiful, that raw longing, that hidden love, that desperate and hopeless emptiness. The author was so good in her style of writing. The characters were so well defined and interesting they could tell a hundred stories together. There was magic and mystery there, and a pain for fulfilling the space with light where nothingness ruled. Seriously, I thought this would be one o
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.75 Stars***

"I wouldn't change it, you know. The girls, the other boys, everything we experienced before this moment. Because that was all wrong. And I think we needed to feel what was wrong to know what's right."

That gif pretty much says it all.

Since I'm one of the last people to read this, I'll just give you some quick hits (well as quick as my wordy ass knows how to be).

♥ Justin & Landry - I can't even tell you when's the last time that I read a book where I was so connected to
Ami
(view spoiler) ...more
Santino Hassell
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is one of the sweetest books I have read since How To Repair A Mechanical Heart by JC Lillis. Sweet and refreshing in a way that is often rare in M/M Romance.

I loved the affectionate nature of the friendship between Justin and Landry. I loved the brutal honesty between them, the love they both had for Justin's father, their history, and the bumpy ride they had on the way to finding common ground and a shared future.

This is a road trip book that gave me the itch to explore this beautiful co
Meags
4 stars

Not to sound dramatic or anything but Erickson's writing, here, spoke to my soul. This story and the emotions it evoked were breathtaking. There were so many passages that moved me. I highlighted like a mad woman and often reread sections twice (or more) before I could read on.

I reacted on instinct and grabbed Landry’s hair, pressing our foreheads together while I clamped my other hand where his neck met his shoulder. I stared into his eyes and willed his breath to match mine. He gripp
Debra
This book was super sweet, like my teeth hurt by the end. That isn't a criticism because I really enjoyed reading it, but I kept thinking that it was like a sanitized YA/NA take on one of my all time favorites, Heidi Cullinan's Special Delivery. Again, not a bad thing.

Both Landry and Justin were endearing in their own ways. Best friends to lovers is always a pleasing story for me and it wasn't all that easy for the two to make the transition. They've grown up together, but their pasts are very
Alisa
Review removed because the author may have supported/encouraged another author who may have misrepresented themselves as ownvoices and accepted cash gifts from fans under potentially false pretenses.”
Amy
Jan 26, 2015 added it
Rating and review removed.
Megan Erickson
Dec 01, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books, m-m
Frankly, this is one of my favorite books I've written to date. #JusLan Forever

If you want to read a blog post where I share a little bit about this book, as well as the Pinterest board and a playlist, you can find that here: A Little about #JusLan

Thank you so, so much to everyone who is taking a chance on this book.

If you want to be notified when this book releases and get up-to-date news on all of my books, you can sign up for my newsletter here. You'll also have the chance to enter exclusive
Lori
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All the stars, this book gets all the stars.

It is fair to say I devoured this book, after reading a couple of BDSM orientated books this was exactly what I wanted to read. My favourite ever storyline in any book, show, film etc is friends to more. There is something so special about two people who have that basis of friendship, of trust and love, to letting things - or needing things - to move a step further. I can't explain how much I love it. When the friendship is there first and it's not all
Kaje Harper
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is a story about two young guys, one gay and out, the other in a closet so tight he can't see a way to escape it. Justin has always done what was expected of him - by his conservative, political candidate mother, by his baseball teammates in high-school and college. And that never included being anything more than a good buddy to his best friend Landry, who has been out and proud since junior high.

In his silent moments, Justin has imagined what it would be like to be out, to be with Landry
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

A road trip. A homage. A chance to defy the rules and ultimately break them.

Justin has barely been living under the thumb of his well intentioned mother. He’s been in the closet and in love with his best friend Landry for years, and he’s scared shitless to do anything about it. On said road trip to honor his dead father, stress and grief come to a head, and the truth comes out with unsurprisingly, a lot of consequences.

Despite some upsetting angst, the writing here is what gives this extr
Dalia
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-na, m-m
Two friends, one road trip and twelve important sites to visit. #JusLan

Justin and his best friend Landry just graduated from college. They go on a road trip across the country to spread Justin's father, Charlie, ashes and take photos of him at all twelve locations from his calendar.

Justin has been living in the closet for years, because of his conservative mother. He never wanted to dissapoint her nor hurt her political career, so he let her pressure him to study in a major he detested and acted
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
I keep staring at my screen trying to come up with a review that will show my feelings towards this book.
Megan Erikson is a great author. The way she spins her words left me feeling in awe. I mean at 12% in I cried.
There is so much to like in this book and some people will even love love love this book.
And I did, love some aspects of this book.
But
Other aspects left me torn.

Maybe it's because it should be college age but I felt like I was reading a YA book.

I'll sit on it for a few more days.
Maria (Big City Bookworm)
Big City Bookworm

Now, I definitely wouldn’t describe myself as someone who enjoys reading New Adult novels. They are just not typically my cup of tea. However, once in a while I just feel like reading something a little fluffier, that doesn’t require too much thinking. A quick, enjoyable read to break a heavy reading slump.

I have definitely been going through a bit of a slump and I decided to look for something a little more fun and upbeat, such as a new adult novel that could potentially break the spell. As I w
BWT (Belen)
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2015
1.5 Stars

Clearly I'm in the minority with this opinion. I'm okay with that.

This did not work for me on many levels.

I did not like Justin for most of this story and his redemption in the end, for me, came too little too late.

Justin lying to Landry, Landry lying to Justin...you know what?

This was mostly a big miscommunication story. It was annoying.

The kittens and rainbows ending? Seemed contrived after all the angst the author had built up.

No, this didn't entertain me, it felt like work to read a
Focus Zx1 1 1 Nov 29, 2017 09:59PM
memory improvement 1 3 Apr 25, 2017 11:17PM
The Backlot Gay B...: Trust the Focus, by Megan Erickson 1 15 Jun 20, 2015 07:29PM
  • Lima Oscar Victor Echo and The Truth About Everything
  • Superhero
  • Spectacularly Broken (Spectacularly Broken, #1)
  • Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
  • Semper Fi
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Sunset Park (Five Boroughs, #2)
  • Silent
  • rock
  • My Mate Jack (Heated Beat #1)
  • fawn
  • Brandon Mills versus the V-Card (Prescott College, #2)
  • When Adam Kissed Me (Inseparable, #2)
  • Fall Into the Sun (Alejo and Bobby, #1)
  • Off Campus (Bend or Break, #1)
  • Helping Hand (Housemates, #1)
  • Catch My Breath
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized
More about Megan Erickson

In Focus (4 books)
  • Focus on Me (In Focus #2)
  • Out of Frame (In Focus #3)
  • Overexposed (In Focus, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I wouldn't change it you know," he said, his breath raising goose bumps on the skin of my neck. "The girls, the other boys, everything we experienced before this moment. Because that was all wrong. And I think we needed to feel what was wrong to know what's right.” 12 likes
“I get that, and I deserve it. But I'm telling you, Landry Jacobs, I have loved you, I do love you, and I will love you for the rest of my life. And if you can't believe that yet, I'll spend every minute of our lives proving it to you.” 12 likes