Start by marking “Nearly Found (Nearly Gone, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nearly Found (Nearly Gone, #2)

Nearly Found

(Nearly Boswell #2)

AFTER HELPING TO CATCH A SERIAL KILLER last spring, Nearly Boswell isn't looking for her internship in a crime lab to be anything more than an edge on her college applications. She's determined to get out of Sunny View trailer park and prove to herself that she's nothing like her con man father.

But on her first day, a girl from the trailer park turns up dead and an old
Published June 2nd 2015 by Kathy Dawson Books

To ask other readers questions about Nearly Found, please sign up.
Elle Cosimano For now, NEARLY GONE and NEARLY FOUND are the only two books in the series.…moreFor now, NEARLY GONE and NEARLY FOUND are the only two books in the series. (less)
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny HanThe Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie WestAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenSaint Anything by Sarah DessenMy Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
2015 Contemporary YA
255 books — 1,384 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerEnd of Days by Susan Ee
YA Novels of 2015
1,466 books — 8,921 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Nearly Found (Nearly Gone, #2)
Juhina
This was the sequel to Nearly Gone, my favorite young adult mystery thriller that I read in 2014. Nearly Found picks up right where Nearly Gone ends, with more trouble following Nearly Boswell. You would think after what she was put through, from people she knew being murdered as a revenge plot for her to almost get killed herself that she would finally be able to catch her breath and get a break? no. Boswell gets thrown deep into another mystery that seems to be connected with what happened to ...more
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Nearly Found is a fantastic follow up to Nearly Gone, but not quite as stellar. While this book kept me guessing like its predecessor, it lacks the hyped up excitement I felt while reading the first one.

Not a perfect story, but still an enjoyable and intriguing kind. Mini review to come.
i.
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not nearly as good as Nearly Gone , the first book by the author. I liked reading about Nearly Boswell again but I expected much more.
The story revolves around her father's past and I found it nearly boring. Thanks to her internship in a crime lab this amateur sleuth has access to evidence in a murder investigation and even if I understand this is a work of fiction the low security in that lab seems quite (not nearly) unbelievable.
Perhaps due to my lack of sense of humour when reading the novel
Cierrah Riewski
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you like reading books that has your attention and you are always wanting to know what happens next? If so, this is the perfect book for you. Elle Cosimano is the author of, Nearly Found, a sequel to Nearly Gone. She has also written, The Suffering Tree and Holding Smoke. She won Edgar Award for Best Young Adult. Her style is more of a thriller and mystery. There are a few paranormal fiction books, which will make you always make you turn the pages to find out what is next.

The genre of,
Aria C
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: intrigued, mystery, unique
The cover. the description. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
i absolutely loved the first book. Elle wrote an amazing mystery novel and I did not expect the ending in "Nearly Gone"
The cover is beautiful. the description is beautiful. I hope the actual book will be beautiful as well.
Cindee
I loved this book it was even better than the first one and I really liked that book I loved all aspects from the characters to the story. I really liked the characters even more than before I really liked Nearly more than before though she is called Leigh most of the book I really loved her romance with Reece so much more than before even with the conflict that happens it made them just that much closer than before. I really enjoyed the story I love the mystery and the thriller aspect of this ...more
Jessica (a GREAT read)
I received this ARC from a local indie bookstore on Independent Book Store Day, I was in no way compensated for this review.

WARNING: There will be spoilers from Nearly Gone in this review! Read at your own risk if you haven't read Nearly Gone yet!

Elle Cosimano's Nearly Found is the companion to her stellar debut Nearly Gone! I don't know if this is meant to be a series, trilogy, or a duology, but I must say that I enjoyed this one just as much as the first!

I will warn you that despite this being
Cesar
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it

3 stars

*whew* This one sure had it's twists and turns. Nearly Found was an improvement from the first book, Nearly Gone and surprisingly had a much better story. Mind you, there were some flaws with it as well as unnecessary drama involved, but I liked the story as a whole.

A few months have passed since the events of the previous book. Nearly, who had failed to earn her scholarship, is now taking an internship at a forensics crime lab so it'll look good on college applications. She finally
Lex
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Finally done reading Nearly Found. I liked it because of all the mysterious things going on and the suspense. And I liked Lonny. Lol.
Arie ☂
3 stars. Enjoyable, but nowhere near as compelling as the first book.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Nearly Gone surprised me by being a mystery with strong voice. I ate it up. Nearly Found on the other hand, I tripped through in stops and starts. I finished four other books before I made it through this one. I wasn’t in the mood, and it didn’t suck me in the way the first book did. Where I hoped Nearly Found would improve on Nearly Gone, I feel like it was a big backwards step in terms of believability.

Right at the beginning, I became concerned for Nearly Found. Though Nearly’s voice is still
Katie
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nearly Found is a solid sequel to Nearly Gone. While I didn’t love it as much as it’s predecessor, it captured my attention and kept me guessing until the very end.

Nearly Boswell is back and better than ever. With her tormentor behind bars her life should be on it’s way back to normal. However, that is not the case. She, along with many people in her life, have started receiving messages in places that should not be accessible to people; locked cars, bedrooms, and other private places. It’s up
Jaime Arkin
Nearly Found is the second in a duology… I think that’s all there will be. I really ended up loving the first book in this series so I was excited to get my hands on the ARC of book 2.

This picks up shortly after book 1 ends and I liked that there wasn’t a huge gap in time here. As I read, I found that while enjoyable and suspenseful… it just didn’t keep me invested in the story quite as much as the first book did.

First of all, Nearly and Reece… I really adored these two together and with their
Roxanne
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I love Nearly and I am more than a little sad this is over especially since we still have no real answers about her dad. I will say I didn't love Reece as much in this one. I still want more though!!!! Waa...
Stacie
Oh my. I need about a week to get my feelings in order before I write my review. This series gives me so many feels!!!! I love it. I need more.
Catherine
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought the first book, Nearly Gone, was better, but this was still an intriguing read.

While I admire Nearly's (yes, that is her stupid birth name) crazy intelligence, some of her distrust of her boyfriend Reece seemed forced. Heck, their entire relationship is forced. Heteronormativity, am I right?
Kelsey
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. It's a teen mystery, but it was quite enjoyable! I love the twist and turns f this book! Definitely a fun read for adults!
Anna Bubolz
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review
I liked this book a lot. I liked that she fixed her friendship with her best friend and she made some new friends. It was nice to have a happy ending instead of a terrible ending leaving you wanting more, like the previous book. However, I did not like that Nearly was using people to get what she wanted.

Plot
This book is about Nearly Boswell who is still recovering from the deaths of her friends that one of her classmates killed. While on the road to recovery she has the strange feeling
Victoria
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-series
3.5 stars.

I think I would've rated this higher if I had reviewed it closer to having read it. However, looking back both of these books didn't make that much of an impression on me. Cosimano does have a good knack for descriptions though - I did jump a bit a few times.

Nearly wasn't that much of a favorite for me. She had a good head on her shoulders and she acted her age (which is always a huge pet peeve of mine when 17 year olds act 25) but there was always something kind of missing for me.
Anisaa
Nearly Found is an excellent of when the sequel is better than the first book! I loved loved loved this book—like I could read this book twice and a row and still enjoy the ride all over again! Elle Cosimano has become one of my favorite authors and I continuously buy her books.

Heroine: Nearly Boswell (love her name) changed a lot from the first book. She grew as a person while juggling with lots of internal conflict because of what she experienced from the first book. Even so, in this book, she
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
My initial thought was that this was going to be like Barry Lyga's series, but there's less about the serial killer's thoughts than hoped for. There is some forensics, and more would have been great, but mostly this is character and confusion about relationships (especially the relationship between Nearly and Reece, which seems to be forced more for plot purposes than anything else). There was also the completely unnecessary addition of Nearly's ability to sense what people are thinking/feeling ...more
Lisa
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nearly Gone was one of the best books I've ever read, so naturally I was thrilled to hear that there was going to be a sequel. I had high expectations for the sequel that were only partly fulfilled. It started out really great and kept me up all night reading cause I couldn't put it down. Elle Cosimano managed to capture me and keep me on my toes. Unfortunately I didn't feel like the ending did it justice. It just wasn't as thrilling and action packed as the first one and solving of the mystery ...more
Kristi
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, suspense
Not 'Nearly' as good as the first, unfortunately, I had it figured out by the first few chapters. That doesn't take away from the entertainment factor, though. Nearly is still a great character and I do hope there's a third book in the making. I'd definitely read it. I think there's still some unanswered questions and also some new directions the author could take Nearly in.
Page
Mar 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is hard. While I did enjoy this book, I feel like it had less to do with this particular work and more to do with my being invested in Nearly's world. I loved the first book, but this. Meh. For me, the plot was a little too recycled. I

Check out my full review here.
Eden Grey
Breathtaking contemporary thriller with real tension, suspense, and drama. Fantastic writing, powerful characters, and complex plot twists and turns make this mystery sequel just as compelling as the first book, Nearly Gone. Highly recommended for those looking for a hardcore murder mystery or thriller.
Amanda
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ya-mystery
This book was even better than the first one. The mystery is very well thought out and executed. I hope there will be more book in this series. I want to see what Reece makes of his life. I can see him in law enforcement and Nearly working in forensics just like Bones and Booth.
Jane
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Ian Duncan
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! great way to start a franchise. This series should, and very well could, become a successful movie series. This is a must read as long as you've read the first book
Melyssa Winchester
Here we are again.
Where I somehow go on book shopping sprees to the bookstore, so overjoyed with my haul, come home and I start a book, quickly realizing it's a book 2 in a series.
Pretty sure I'm the queen of doing this.
That being said, I still sat down and read this cover to cover. No going back for me, rebel with lack of information that I am.
Strangely enough, given that this wasn't one of the standalone series' variety, I wasn't missing a whole lot here with whatever it had been that took
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars for Nearly Found

Plot and Thoughts

Read the ebook this time around. Also read it a lot slower, over many a lunch break. Second time around I noticed how silly Nearly was about somethings. Particularly when it came to Reese. Getting mad at him AFTER the already talked about what was making her mad...but all in all, it was still a good read the second time around.

Initial review

After reading the first book and enjoying it so much, I was hesitant to read the second. But my students pushed and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Find Me (Find Me, #1)
  • To Right the Wrongs (Erin Blake #2)
  • They All Fall Down
  • The Rules for Disappearing (The Rules for Disappearing, #1)
  • The Girl I Used to Be
  • What You Hide
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • Cut Me Free
  • All In (The Naturals, #3)
  • The Possible
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • To Catch a Killer (Erin Blake #1)
  • Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)
  • Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, #1)
  • Lies I Told (Lies I Told, #1)
  • Zero Day
  • Like Never and Always
  • Forget Me
Author of NEARLY GONE, NEARLY FOUND, HOLDING SMOKE, THE SUFFERING TREE, and SEASONS OF THE STORM (coming June 23, 2020). Represented by Sarah Davies of The Greenhouse Literary Agency.

Nearly Boswell (2 books)
  • Nearly Gone (Nearly Gone, #1)
“And those traces of my father-the pain he'd left behind in the people he'd stolen from, the genes I carried that made me just like him-terrified me.” 2 likes
“But I think maybe we had all found something too. The courage to face the pieces of ourselves that frighten us the most. And the power to realize those demons inside only control us if we let them.” 1 likes