Start by marking “Seeking Human Kindness” as Want to Read:
Seeking Human Kindness

Seeking Human Kindness

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
"Seeking Human Kindness" is a collection of inspirational and true short stories gathered from across the globe. The first book in a series by Reading Harbor aims to inspire, uplift, and put a smile on your face.

Featured in this collection are the following 50 stories on acts of human kindness:

A Hero's Heart By Darko from Serbia
A Little Bit of Help by Vanessa Pasco Lobrig
Paperback, First Edition, 292 pages
Published September 6th 2014 by Reading Harbor

To ask other readers questions about Seeking Human Kindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeking Human Kindness

Bubbly
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I had the chance to read the first ARC copy of Seeking Human Kindness, and a lot of these stories are AMAZING.

Stories like "Chasing Down Kindness" by Sharon Fuentes make you laugh out loud, but then there are also stories like "How My Daddy Taught Me How to Be Kind" by Sheila Salyers and "There is a God in All of Us" by Shruti Fatehpuria (my absolute FAVORITE!!) that make you cry.

It was amazingly well-written, and the fact that this was a compilation of TRUE stories is just AWESOME!!
Jericho DeBerziac
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: random-grabs
Seeking Human Kindness is a collective of short stories from authors that weave together a triumphant collection of contemplations about the human struggle and the struggle to do what is right despite all odds. The stories are well written, and entertaining, creating a universally themed progression throughout the collections of stories. These stories are inspirational and touching. They speak to the ever-present instructive power of life. From the more subtle lessons to the more readily availab ...more
Reading Harbor
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
*Disclaimer: Reading Harbor is the publisher of this book.*

In this day and age, there is a lot of negativity in the News and on TV. Drama & depression sell. People like to be shocked. They enjoy 'grit' and 'reality'. It's called truth and realism, but it's unhealthy to focus solely on the bad. Focusing on the shadows is what makes the world a dark place.

Seeking Human Kindness tries to capture what is good about people and what light there is in the world. We took the best stories we could
John
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: I was given an advanced reader copy in exchange for my review.

This is a truly lovely book, full to the brim with uplifting and inspiring stories collated from all around the globe. Another reviewer cited Chicken Soup for the Soul, and that's a good analogy. The stories are short enough that you can read one each morning to give you a little lift, and that's definitely what I would recommend. Personally, I read it start to finish in a single sitting, and I loved it. But I think it works bet
Shawna
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
The book was just okay.
I have met the man on the cover during a recent visit to Boston and I was hoping for his story....so I was disappointed when there is not a word written about him. Always uplifting to read acts of kindness stories.
H.M. Christi
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am so grateful to have received an advanced reader copy of Seeking Human Kindness and felt compelled to share with everyone that this is just a wonderful book that can provide inspiration, enlightenment and positivity to each and every person who is fortunate enough to come across it and give it a try! This book lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face when I really needed it. It is so well compiled and I wanted to devour the entire book in one sitting and I almost did! This author did a f ...more
Sandy Geroux
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is filled with stories of kindness brought about by others, that has helped when we they have, inevitably, had to go through the sad lessons we all must learn as we go through life. Very uplifting!
Christy
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Truly remarkable collection of stories showing compassion and real humanity at its very core. Inspiring me take the extra step to show others genuine consideration and benevolence.
Pat Parkhurst
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a goodreads win. Everyone should read these short stories of lives changed by heartfelt kindness of another human , even in the darkest of times. Inspiring
James Watson
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME Book!!! Extremely courteous!! Highly recommended!!! I was really very happy to read about Human Kindness. Thank you for a very pleasant experience.
Debora Williams
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book.

It was very uplifting. It is nice to know that there are still people who care left in this world.
Lindzi A
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Some stories are really sweet but most are not clear examples of kindness. I was hoping to feel more moved than I did. So, maybe it is me?! The lousy print disturbed me too. It looks as if someone has photocopied the pages. The text is not crisp and the letters look blurred. Unfortunately nothing I can use for my Pay It Forward ESL class. 👎🏻
Demetri
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is good. It's better than Chicken Soup because it is easier to read. The stories are more interesting and unique. And it is cheaper and more affordable than Chicken Soup. It is only $3 on Kindle. And there are stories from all over the world.
Connie
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
FTC Disclosure: I received this book free from Goodreads hoping I would review it.
Matt Ishler
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Three stars, the stories repeated themes and events and I didn't leave the book feeling like I was imagining or envisioning a new future.
Kitty
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just a compilation of very short real-life stories, written by many different people, all focused around random acts of kindness. Happy stories - always a good thing. :-)
Tori
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made my heart happy.
David Fribbins
Jan 18, 2016
Nicholas J Leach
Aug 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Making Connections: 3315. - SEEKING HUMAN KINDNESS by Reading Harbor 3 44 Dec 28, 2014 10:27PM
Shut Up & Read: Seeking Human Kindness 1 10 Sep 05, 2014 08:26PM
Making Connections: "Seeking Human Kindness" 1 11 Sep 05, 2014 08:15PM
Book Haven: WIN FREE COPY OF "SEEKING HUMAN KINDNESS" 1 11 Jul 13, 2014 07:23AM
Amazing acts of kindness 1 8 Jul 12, 2014 07:53PM
Thoughts on the Power of Kindness 1 6 Jul 12, 2014 07:36PM
Human Kindness 2 12 Jul 05, 2014 06:56AM
  • Back to Creative Writing School
  • Small Miracles of the Holocaust: Extraordinary Coincidences of Faith, Hope, and Survival
  • Once Upon A Wish: True Inspirational Stories of Make-A-Wish Children
  • 10 Things We Should Teach You In High School and Usually Don't
  • Life Is a Pack of 52 Cards
  • Faerie Land
  • The Craptastic Guide to Pseudo-Swearing
  • History's Most Insane Rulers: Lunatics, Eccentrics, and Megalomaniacs From Emperor Caligula to Kim Jong Il
  • I'm Sorry I Broke Your Company: When Management Consultants Are the Problem, Not the Solution
  • Bedtime Stories for the Insomniac
  • Someone Wicked: A Written Remains Anthology
  • Half as Happy: stories
  • One Giant Leap
  • Grounded: The Untold Story of Peter Pan & Captain Hook
“Being proud of my work and wanting to nurture this relationship, I never failed in my commitments to her. In general, I make a point of meeting all my deadlines. But, I distinctly remember one time that I couldn’t deliver the job in time…” 1 likes