Start by marking “Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)

Breaking Dawn

(Twilight #4)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  1,212,913 ratings  ·  45,486 reviews
To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her ...more
Audio CD, Unabridged, 21 pages
Published August 2nd 2008 by Listening Library

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Dawn, please sign up.
Lora Swafford He imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you…moreHe imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you imprint on someone, it's not as much as a falling in love, as it is wanting to be with that person forever, and wanting to protect them and make sure they are safe. And it's not "EW" he isn't going to do anything until she is A LOT older. He will be like an older brother to her until she is older. (less)

·  1,212,913 ratings  ·  45,486 reviews

Start your review of Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
Karene
Aug 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jenne
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
oh yes, so VERY many spoilers! and unladylike language, sorry.

p.1: god help me. Here we go.

p.8: yep, Edward is already "going overboard" protecting Bella.

p.20: Her parents think it's a good idea for her to marry this weirdo at 18? They never think ANYTHING is a good idea.

p.33: Vampire babies! creepy! in a good way.

p.58: Jacob!

p.72: I swear Bella never just goes anywhere, you always have to DRAG her like a toddler.

p.85: I think they just had sex!! OMG!!

p.86: now of course we have to suffer
Miranda Reads
description
Oh the memories. The angsty teen memories. They're all flooding back.

It should come as no surprise that I have a dark and dangerous past - I was a Twihard.

I loved this series with every beat of my teenage heart. I had a poster, I had a vegetarian vampire shirt, I had a themed birthday party, and (worst of all) I did this to a book:
description
I can't even open it anymore for fear of the pages falling out and the spine splintering...yet I can't bear to throw it away.

And now (ten years later), I'm
Annalisa
Aug 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls who like a happy ending at all cost
I was so disenchanted with Eclipse I wasn't excited for this read, but I had to know how it ends. I held off judgment in hopes that the conclusion would redeem the series. The verdict? Hard-to-swallow soap opera. A car crash you can't stop staring at in hopes that something salvageable comes out of the wreckage. But nothing does. So bad I started taking notes on all the plot holes because I couldn't keep track. What happened to the story that captured the hearts of girls everywhere?

You can't
Jillian
Feb 23, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to spoon their eyes out
Natalie Monroe
Robert Pattinson hates Twilight so much, it's hysterical.

Interviewer: “Millions of Twilight fans, they cannot wait to see this, it’s almost heartbreaking because they don’t want it to be over. It’s a little bittersweet, isn’t it?”

That look on his face is pure, unadulterated joy.

And let's not forget this:

From the mouth of the guy who plays him.

Or these:

And of course, the rest of the cast:

Janae
Jun 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die-Hard Twilight Fans, not appropriate for young teens.
James
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-fantasy
Reviewer update Aug 2009: I have demoted the book from 5 to 4 stars. My confession/explanation is at the end of the original, unedited review.
___

Yes, I gave it 5-stars. This is partly because I was so pleased by it compared to the last two books in the series that I overreacted. But I also approve of her approach to the book and have rated it so highly in order to counteract those reviewers out there who hated it because they felt Bella was a bad example to young girls.

***THESE TWO PARAGRAPHS
SR
Page 318 - Had her body changed because she was a werewolf? Or had she become a werewolf because her body was wrong? The only female werewolf in the history of forever. Was that because she wasn't as female as she should be?

Okay, it's always been obvious that the only things Smeyer finds important in life are marriage and babies, the younger the better, but what the fuck, y'all. I am beyond disgusted at this. (edit - this is kind of unclear, mostly because at the time of typing I was too angry
Lissa
This is a direct quote from Seth, Stephenie Meyer's brother and the person who runs her website.

"In an attempt to keep the books clean and not make young girls think about things that they don't need to think about, no other book mentioned anything about reproductive systems."

Hear that, girls?

You're not supposed to think about things.

Especially not sex.

Don't think about sex. Ever.

Or you will be thinking about things you shouldn't be thinking about.

Don't think about boys. Thinking about boys
Abby
Aug 06, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Teresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that would jump off a bridge just to meet Edward
****For you dumbasses people that look up to Bella Swan and think she's an inspiration (if such people exist in the world), read this:

12 Things That The Twilight Series Taught Me

1. It's okay to abandon your parents after graduation (literally)

2. When a vampire wants to kill you, hide out on a mountain and run for your life while your boyfriend's family fight to protect you.

3. It is the most romantic and beautiful thing in the world when a guy you barely know oils your bedroom window to watch
Ann
Aug 04, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Lauren
Aug 04, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Ahmad Sharabiani
Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4), Stephenie Meyer
Breaking Dawn is the fourth and final novel in The Twilight Saga by American author Stephenie Meyer. Divided into three parts, the first and third sections are written from Bella Swan's perspective and the second is written from the perspective of Jacob Black. The novel directly follows the events of the previous novel, Eclipse, as Bella and Edward Cullen get married, leaving behind a heartbroken Jacob. When Bella faces unexpected and life-threatening
Fabian
Aug 22, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only those who have read the first three
Recommended to Fabian by: Someone who obviously didn't know my taste
You read the first 200 pages & tell yourself: Cronenberg could be proud. Am I witnessing the biggest twist in literature history? This was the equivalent of Frodo Baggins losing the ring or Hannibal Lecter coming out of the closet! The book begins in foreign, even (gasp!) exciting territory... something so outlandish... in the right hands it just might have worked. Or at least redeemed the three prior mediocre novels. Meyer does neither.

This belonging in the long, half-assed written series
Denys L.H.
May 25, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crackheads
The last book of the series. You would think this would all get better, eh? It hasn't for the most part. But yeah, there is a happy ending (no doubt about it). Yeah, they DO IT (Bitchface and Edtard). Yeah, Bella turns into a vampire. How come I'm not surprised? The novel ended all too neat and too predictable. But in the middle of the book, there was a whole load of unfortunate and turning events going on. And no, I didn't see THAT one coming...

In the beginning of the book, Bella is bitching
Meredith
Jul 06, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a masochist and a moron
Recommended to Meredith by: I'm going to shoot them in the face
Shelves: ya
Mari
The fact that this has an above 3 rating on this website is a travesty.

It's taken Snark Squad over a year to read and recap this book, in large part because it was actively awful. Listen, this isn't hating on a popular series because it's cheesy or a love story or any of that other nonsense. This is an actual garbage story.

First, it's PROBLEMATIC, which is consistent from the previous entries. Bella and Edward "can't" have sex while she's a human, because if they have sex, Bella will probably
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Manny
There's a nice progression here, anyway. I lent Twilight to Cate-across-the-road; we gave her New Moon as a present, and she lent it back to me; most recently, she bought Eclipse, and I borrowed it after she finished. I suggested to her father that the logical next step would be for me to sneak in through her bedroom window and steal Breaking Dawn. I'm not entirely sure he found this funny.

____________________________________________

I am shocked, dismayed, not surprised at all to discover from
Syl
Aug 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Airheads
Elizabeth
Mar 25, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ramona
The first book from this series comes with a great and unique story line that will leave you hanging until the last pages, but believe me, the torture will be worth it.

I am a big fan of the series and of the movies, but the books always had a special place in my heart because it is impossible to capture all the details of the plot in just 2 hours of shooting.
So, because of this, the book rock and give you a complete image of the Twilight universe.

In Breaking Dawn, we have the great moment we all
K.
Honestly, if I could give this garbage a rating of negative seven trillion stars, I would. Because that's how awful it is.

I'm sorry if you love this book and this series, but friend? You need to read this book CRITICALLY, because it is a fucking trainwreck. Let's break this down because I have a lot of thoughts.

THIS BOOK NEEDS EDITING LIKE WHOA
- Seriously, the writing is so bad. So clunky. So drawn out.
- This thing is 756 pages long. It could have been half that length and still covered
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“I want you, and I want you forever. One lifetime is simply not enough for me.”

I want to start this review with reminiscing my good old days when I was a teenager and had been waiting the movies to come out. Twilight was more than just my childhood imagination, it was likely my second world to escape the truth and live my life in the small town where supernatural creatures are real. Everyone wants to be someone important for those you love. This book also answered each question that I've kept
Aishu Rehman
At last, Bella and Edward are getting married. When Jacob finds out that Bella wants to spend her honeymoon as a human, he is horrified -- for Edward's passion could accidentally kill her. Bella does indeed survive her honeymoon, but a new complication arises when she discovers that she's pregnant -- and the child is growing at an alarming rate. The pregnancy sets the wolves against Bella and Edward, but Jacob vows to protect his friend.

Bella awakes -- as a vampire -- from her life-threatening
Bella’s Transformation and Jaspers Ignorance to Pain 1 5 Oct 20, 2019 08:12PM
Who thinks Bella should have ended up with Jacob? 261 668 Sep 03, 2019 10:38AM
the whole "vampires can't have babies" issue. 242 1971 Jun 07, 2019 06:19AM
Is the ending pathetic or what? 111 578 Apr 28, 2019 02:09AM
What happens when vampires drink blood from a drunk/high person? 6 23 Jan 02, 2019 11:39AM
i hate reneseme ! 406 1510 Oct 29, 2018 07:35AM
Charlie and Sue? 27 128 Apr 21, 2018 08:49PM

• Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
  • The Notebook (The Notebook, #1)
  • The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to ...more

Twilight (4 books)
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
“Did you know that 'I told you so' has a brother,Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up'.” 3089 likes
“Hey, Rosalie? Do you know how to drown a blonde? Stick a mirror to the bottom of a pool.” 1873 likes