Start by marking “The Road to Yesterday” as Want to Read:
The Road to Yesterday

The Road to Yesterday

Sometimes you can go home again. Dave Burke cannot forget his past. Nor can he forgive himself for the tragedy that cost him everything he ever loved, a tragedy he may have prevented. Now, two years later, strange things are happening, things that suggest there may be hope for him after all. The power of love. Is it strong enough to conquer time itself?
Published 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Road to Yesterday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road to Yesterday

Start your review of The Road to Yesterday
Rosie Amber
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Randy's books he writes all sorts and I really enjoy the ones I've read which have a little magic as they cross the thin veil between this life and the next. In this book we meet Dave Burke, grieving husband and father. It's been two years since he lost his family in a house fire. He lost it all and turned to drink. He's now been dry for seventy-eight days, he has changed his job and he goes to friends who are "safe".

There are still huge social mine-fields that Dave avoids and
Dani
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This little novella was an absolute heart-breaker.

A contemporary with an edging of what I would call magic realism, we follow our protagonist, Dave Burke, who is living with not only terrible loss but the guilt that he did nothing to prevent it.

This very much character-oriented story is told sensitively with graceful flashbacks and an accessible writing style. That said, what really makes this story is the characters.

Mixter's characters feel so credible despite the short space into which they'r
Georgia Rose
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Randy Mixter for gifting me a copy of this book and although this was the first book I have read by this author and it won’t be the last. Dave Burke cannot forget his past. Nor can he forgive himself for the tragedy that cost him everything he ever loved, a tragedy he may have prevented. Now, two years later, strange things are happening, things that suggest there may be hope for him after all. The power of love. Is it strong enough to conquer time itself?

Mixter does an exc
Cathy Ryan
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

Dave Burke is going through hell, a recovering alcoholic, guilt and loss his constant companions. His story is a sad and tragic one. But all is not as it appears.

This is a very moving and compelling piece written with much feeling and delicacy and, even though it’s a relatively short novella, I found it very easy to become involved in Dave’s life and feel for the pain he is suffering. His character is skilfully written and believable, as are the secondary characters.

The author’s narrati
Jeffrey Miller
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The ability to capture a reader's interest and hold it throughout a short story or novel is something all author's struggle with when they sit down and write that short story or novel. And of course, it takes much more than just keeping a reader's interest. You also have to be a good story teller.

In Randy Mixter's The Road to Yesterday, he not only captures your interest from the very first page, he also tells a remarkable and heartwarming story that you can stop reading once your start. Mixter
Blanche Wegman
Aug 04, 2016
Mona Miles
Feb 24, 2019
Randy Mixter
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nneka
Aug 31, 2020
David Lemon
is currently reading it
Nov 14, 2020
Author Randy Mixter lives in Pasadena, Maryland, with his wife Veronica and their five cats. He writes in a variety of genres including Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Mysteries, and Suspense Thrillers. He currently has several novels and short stories available, with more on the way.

Find out about new releases, special discounts, and free book promotions at https://sites.google.com/site/randymi...

Chec