Start by marking “365 Goddess: A Daily Guide to the Magic and Inspiration of the Goddess” as Want to Read:
365 Goddess: A Daily Guide to the Magic and Inspiration of the Goddess

365 Goddess: A Daily Guide to the Magic and Inspiration of the Goddess

Goddess wisdom for every day of the year

Bring life-affirming magic and empowerment into every day of your life with this unique and useful guide to the goddess. Through the ages, people have celebrated the role of goddesses in maintaining the fl
Published October 21st 1998 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about 365 Goddess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 365 Goddess

Tlh
Aug 03, 2011 Tlh rated it did not like it
Telesco really messed up in a couple of places in this book, and if she did so here, I hate to imagine where else she messed up. OK first of all - she writes, at the end of July, about a Goddess called "Voluspa." There is no such Goddess. The Voluspa is a poem, not a Goddess. It is found in a book called "The Poetic Edda." It is the first poem in that book. It talks about how Odin sought information from a dead seeress ("volva") about the origins of the Nordic Nine Worlds, about the Ragnarok, et ...more
Sanna
Feb 27, 2014 Sanna rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
I like Telesco's writing style a lot, but this book is terrible. First of all, there's a lot of inaccurate information. For example, I found the quote "Fauna's power lives on in the botanical terminology, her name having been given to vegetation" absolutely incredible. Fauna means the animal life, not vegetation. Considering all the mistakes I noticed I hate to think about the ones I missed. Secondly, this book is fluffy bunny wicca that screams cultural appropriation to your face. Now, there is ...more
Allison
Mar 18, 2008 Allison rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: goddess fans, mythology fans, pagans
This is a really handy little book! It is well organized so that you can find info on different goddesses. You can also use it as a sort of divinitory tool, open it to a random page to see which goddess you get or check out your "goddess of the day".
Olga
May 19, 2009 Olga rated it did not like it
Doesn't look like a well researched or well written source.
Crystal Vassil
Jan 29, 2008 Crystal Vassil rated it liked it
Shelves: religion
Great for the first year. Learn about a lot of different Goddesses. Some I had never even heard of before.
stella
Mar 04, 2007 stella rated it liked it
a little writing for every day... a little esoteric, but fun if you want some divine input on your day.
Yvonne
Feb 14, 2017 Yvonne rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality, goddess
This book was assigned to me to read. I enjoyed it but I'd caution the reader to do some cross referencing with regards to some of the goddesses Telesco mentions.
Jessie
This is not my favorite daybook, even though Patricia Telesco is a favorite pagan author. There are many incorrect dates but through the years, I've made annotations and usually find an appropriate reading for the day. I've used this book annually since about 1999.

12/09/11 page 375 87.0% "Tonatzin (Mexico) Themes: Religious Devotion, Blessing Carry a seed and soil wrapped in green cloth with you today."
10/07/11 page 280 65.0% "Wieben Frauen - Listen closely to the voices of the trees and see if
Lisa Mason
Jun 08, 2012 Lisa Mason rated it it was amazing
Pure delight! Patricia Telesco has researched goddesses from around the world, posting them on the day people celebrate them. A goddess for every day of the year. She provides the name of the festival day, the goddess celebrated, her themes, symbols, and a description of who and what she is. Then Telesco suggests little ceremonies to perform, clothing to wear or food to eat in honor of the goddess. Finally, she suggests an incantation. The day I’m writing this, June 8, is Dragon Boat Festival in ...more
C.J. Prince
Nov 11, 2014 C.J. Prince rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent reference book. Did you imagine 365 goddesses? After reading this book, I'm sure there are more. Wonderful to imagine. After all, she got such little press for lo these many years. Now you can read a goddess a day, plan a party on a goddess's day of your choice or just spend an afternoon in front of the fire browsing.

If you honor the divine feminine in any way, you will want this book as a reference. Enjoy!!!
Rena Sherwood
Jun 17, 2015 Rena Sherwood rated it really liked it
I was a witch for about ten years. Now I'm an atheist looking back on some of my favorite "witchy" books from that time. One of my favorite authors was Telesco for reasons I cannot remember now. This was my first book by her and was once my most treasured. I enjoyed the mythology and fun suggestions for what to do on those days. I cannot for the life of me remember what happened to my copy of this book. I'm not going to repurchase it, though. I don't miss it THAT much.
Bark's Book Nonsense
I haven't picked up this book to reference since May of 2004 probably because it wasn't exactly the book I was looking for when I purchased it. It's a decent book if you want to learn little snippets about the different goddesses worshiped around the world but it's far from comprehensive and doesn't go into nearly as much detail as I was expecting.
Quinn
Jan 12, 2011 Quinn rated it liked it
This is a fascinating book for anyone interested in deities or mythology. It's set up day by day, so any given day you can flip to that date and find out what goddess was historically honored that day. Look up your birthday, your anniversary, and bring a little of that goddess to your special day.
Meg
May 06, 2011 Meg rated it it was amazing
i read this in sooner than a year lol it was so good but still use daily. I recommend for anyone child of the goddess.
Patti
Aug 24, 2009 Patti rated it really liked it
Another daily meditation book that I love. Each day has a different Goddess and ideas for getting in touch with Her.
Julie
Apr 11, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I will keep it around for some time as a reference. It is also fun to just open it up and see who you found.
Heather
Jan 17, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
Nice little snippits about a large variety of goddesses and holidays throughout the world. I was introduced to this book in 2007 and still occasionally pick it up.
Audra (Unabridged Chick)
Dec 28, 2009 Audra (Unabridged Chick) rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual, goddesses
A lovely small book, a kind of book-of-hours for pagans. Varied goddesses.
Jaina Bee
Jun 10, 2013 Jaina Bee rated it really liked it
Another great resource by Telesco. She shows how to bring magick and reverence into everyday life, with playful innovation and by using whatever you have on hand.
Tabitha Chamberlain
Mar 17, 2014 Tabitha Chamberlain rated it liked it
Good day to day meditation/activities for those that want to get into touch with the Goddess aspect.
Madge
Mar 14, 2011 Madge rated it really liked it
Really interesting little book. Good "food for thought."
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Yvonne Walchle
Yvonne Walchle rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Ravyn Shadowdrake
Ravyn Shadowdrake rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2008
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2009
Nicole Kapise-Perkins
Nicole Kapise-Perkins rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Melissa Fernandez
Melissa Fernandez rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Alda
Alda rated it really liked it
May 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Bad Information 1 5 Aug 03, 2011 06:14AM
  • Lost Goddesses of Early Greece: A Collection of Pre-Hellenic Myths
  • Maiden, Mother, Crone: The Myth & Reality of the Triple Goddess
  • Celtic Women's Spirituality: Accessing the Cauldron of Life
  • The Witches' God
  • The Grandmother of Time: A Woman's Book of Celebrations, Spells, and Sacred Objects for Every Month of the Year
  • The Goddess Path: Myths, Invocations, and Rituals
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • Witchcraft Today
  • To Ride a Silver Broomstick: New Generation Witchcraft
  • Ancient Mirrors of Womanhood: A Treasury of Goddess and Heroine Lore from Around the World
  • Beltane: Springtime Rituals, Lore & Celebration
  • Midsummer: Magical Celebrations of the Summer Solstice
  • Handfasting and Wedding Rituals: Welcoming Hera's Blessing
  • Advanced Candle Magick: More Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Book of Shadows
  • True Magick: A Beginner's Guide
  • A Druid's Herbal for the Sacred Earth Year
Patricia "Trish" Telesco is a professional author with more than 50 metaphysical titles on the market.

Trish considers herself a kitchen witch whose love of folkore (and a bit of Strega) flavor every spell and ritual. Her strongest beliefs lie in following personal vision, being tolerant of other traditions, making life an act of worship, and being the magic!

Trish travels minimally twice per mont
More about Patricia J. Telesco...