Start by marking “Falling Like a Rock” as Want to Read:
Falling Like a Rock

Falling Like a Rock

Unloved and unemployed. That’s Elaine Svoboda, after she’s sacked, then flees across country to her boyfriend who drops her flat. Teetering on the abyss of disaster, she calls an old friend who invites her to a tiny mountain town with fresh prospects. There she meets rugged, hunky Joe Richter-Leon, mayor of Falling Rock.

Maybe he can help her find a job. Maybe they can beco
ebook
Published July 16th 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published July 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Falling Like a Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Like a Rock

Kathy
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
3.5 - Good Book
Characters were flawed and had real issues they were dealing with. I didn't really connect with any of them. Some editing errors. Don't regret the time I spent reading it but not a favorite.

Content: Clean (a few sexual references mentioned)
DJ Sakata
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

“No one in Elaine’s circle favored her relationship with Dan Johnson, who was known as ‘CBD’ to the inner circle, or ‘cute-but-dumb’ in the family parlance.”

“I know he’s absolutely gorgeous, what with that blond mop and the spread of those shoulders, but as for me, I’d get tired of a guy who spent more time on personal grooming than I did.”

“I have a suspicion that you and he are like magnets. You’ll either attract or repel one another. As much as he denies an interest, you itch h
Victoria
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again Bonnie McCune has written a witty novel full of the emotions and turmoil of life. She approaches sensitive human circumstances with care and assurance making the characters real and believable.

Elaine Svoboda finds herself in Falling Rock, a small mountain community, without a job, recently dumped by her egotistical boyfriend, and fearing she’ll never measure up to her families’ expectations. One thing Elaine does have going for her, is her honesty.

She digs into the community, secure
Lisa
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Elaine Svoboda’s life feels like one teeter-totter escapade after another. On the hunt for a new position after her hospital marketing job is down-sized, she holes up with her fiance, only to discover he’s planning on ditching her for a new love.

She can’t go home with her tail between her legs, and jumps at the chance to find a new life, or at least lick her wounds for a while, when a college friend offers her a hideout in rural Colorado, a town named Falling Rock, with a mayor whose got tons of
M.J. Evans
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a chick flick in book form! The main character is a self-centered, immature young woman that has trouble taking responsibility for her own actions and spends a great deal of emotional energy blaming others, from her parents, siblings, bosses to boyfriends, for her problems. I don't want to be a spoiler but it does turn out well in the end. Fun airplane or vacation book as it is a quick and easy read.
M.J. Evans, Author
Behind the Mist, Mists of Darkness, The Rising Mist, North Mystic
Sue Sparks
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

An okay read, but Elaine's character really frustrated me because she just accepted things and kept going. I mean first Dan and then Joe constantly disrespected her and he asks her out and she just says Yes. It kind of felt like she was disconnected to reality a bit, which in turn made me feel disconnected to her character.
Renae
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: rom-com
I would give this story 3 1/2 stars as the plot was interesting and I was happy with the conclusion. My only issue was it didn't captivate and hold my attention to the very end.
Jessica
I did recieve this book through a goodreads giveaway and appreciate the opportunity to read it.

If you like Hallmark movies you will like this book. The first half of the book I liked. Then the back and forth with Joe and Elaine needed more. Towards the end the author tried to add things to make the story more enticing hence wild fire, bulimia, house broken into but for me those things were rushed thru within a few pages. One minute they still didn't like eachother and then they were madly in lov
Doriana Fontanella
I have read Falling Like a Rock and Bonnie's previous novel, A Saint Comes Stumbling In. It is so refreshing and inspiring to follow a romance that is based on a true relationship! I cannot wait to read her next novel.
Louise Wardell
I won this book on Goodreads. The message in the story line is good, but the flow of the story is choppy.
Toni
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
The heroine in this novel was not strong enough for my taste.
Bonnie McCune
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gay Lewis
Ann Green
Jessica
Dawn Obrien
  • The Scarlet Cord
  • Murder, Mystery & Dating Mayhem (The Gray-Haired Knitting Detectives Book 1)
  • Front Porch Princess
  • Hidden Storms
  • Code of Justice
  • Meander Scar
  • Mountain of Love and Danger
  • Uncharted Inheritance (Uncharted, #3)
  • The Rancher's Reunion
  • Exposed To Passion (Five Senses, #3)
  • Where Love Once Lived
  • Undercurrent
  • Friday Night Brides (Enchanted Bridal #2)
  • Downward Spiral
  • I Am Ocilla
  • Forever in Love (Billionaires in Love, #4)
  • The Quakers of New Garden
  • Legend of the Emerald Rose
Bonnie McCune lives in Colorado and is the author of novels, novellas and short stories. A writer since the fifth grade, her interest in the craft led to her career in nonprofits doing public and community relations and marketing. Simultaneously, she’s published news and features as a free-lancer.

Her civic involvement includes grass-roots organizations, political campaigns, writers’ and arts’ grou