Start by marking “99 Ways to Open a Beer Bottle Without a Bottle Opener” as Want to Read:
99 Ways to Open a Beer Bottle Without a Bottle Opener

99 Ways to Open a Beer Bottle Without a Bottle Opener

It's the beer lover's worst nightmare, but this book is the solution. Olympic-class bottle opener Brett Stern introduces devotees of the suds to a world that is veritably pulsing with potential openers. Each method is illustrated, accompanied by simple instructions and rated for difficulty.
Published August 19th 2014 by Chronicle Books (CA) (first published February 23rd 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about 99 Ways to Open a Beer Bottle Without a Bottle Opener

Doug
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Got this in a Humble Book Bundle. Decided to read it first. Was slightly disappointed. Then I realized I didn't pay very much for it, so I didn't care. I was hoping for more tips on better ways to do the things I've already tried. Instead, it's just some pictures with mildly funny explanations for the things I've already tried (and succeeded or failed at doing). If you have a brain and like to drink beer, you've no doubt tried most of these things. Except maybe the cop car.
Cale
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Let me summarize - if you don't have a can opener, find a solid object and pry. That's basically all this book says, with 99 photos of beer bottles and lots of admonitions to drink (and not to drive). Maybe if I drank I'd be more interested, but really this is a cheap book that's little more than pictures and occasional snorts of humor in step form. High literature it ain't.
Michael Morrison
Got from Humble Bundle. A silly book that I laughed at least two or three times at.
Andy Luke
Does what it says. A quick fun and silly read, with fitting quality photos. Quite enjoyable, recommended toilet book, or while drinking a beer.
Eric
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Encourages lateral thinking.
George Redding
Jan 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not much to read here, it's basically a picture book with a few short instructions on how to apply the object in each picture to your beer bottle (or vice versa). There's a difficulty rating for each object, ranging from 1 beer bottle (easy) to 3 beer bottles (difficult). The objects range from baby strollers to computers and a myriad of other commonly found objects. It's a hilarious read, great for the coffee table or the bathroom shelf. My favorite object that they suggested? A cop car.
Sean Goh
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it
The clincher: Apple charger.

Give me a large enough lever, and I can move the world (or just a bottle cap).
Benjamin J.