Start by marking “101 Amazing Facts” as Want to Read:
101 Amazing Facts

101 Amazing Facts

Did you know that Shakespeare wrote the world’s first ever knock knock joke? How much of a ribbon worm’s own body can it eat and still survive if it gets a little hungry? What unusual lost property has been handed in on the London Underground? And what surprising kind of song is the American national anthem based on? This absolutely fascinating book contains over one hundr ...more
Published July 3rd 2014 by AUK Authors

Charles  van Buren
Oct 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Not dependable

Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: 101 Amazing Facts (Kindle Edition)

Over the years so many books of "facts" have proved to contain information that is incomplete, anecdotal, or actually spurious, that I spot check the entries. One of the entries in this book claims that if you were told that Christians were fed to lions in the Colosseum, you were lied to. Lied to is strong language. The author also claims that the Colosseum was built after the earliest Christian p
Thom Swennes
Jul 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-e-book
This is a compilation of trivia and facts. Some of them are quite remarkable. With the world as its source the subjects are quite diverse. The book has ten subheadings: Animals, War, Capitol Cities, Ancient Civilizations, TV and Film. Royalty, Mysteries, Music and Everything Else. This is the perfect companion for the toilet. No, I’m not suggesting you throw it away but it is perfect for those restful moments you must spend while answering nature’s call.
For a number of years a serial killer roam
Ravi Prakash
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
A quick read. All the facts given in the book are not satisfactory and convincing. Some rumours are also in this book.
Kaylie Sudlow
This was great for a quick read. Some of the facts were really random and I hadn't read them before. The only thing that stopped me from giving a 4 star review was the ad's...far too many! However, if you have a spare 10 minutes it's worth a read.
Pooja
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Certainly a quick and easy read. It was hard to ignore the grammatical and spelling errors though, and a bit strange to find several of them throughout the book.
Santino Maulucci
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was pretty interesting. The facts are quite different from each other. I didn't know most of them. But most of them are simply very interesting.
Stephy
Sep 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
I Want My Time Back

This book is not just boring, it is boring and stupid. I could better have spent my time soaking my feet in a foot bath, followed by a pedicure and at the end, painting my toenails a color called " Missy Tombstone Green. " Don't make the mistake I did, of thinking a little trivia might be fun. It is not!
Donna
Just finished reading “AMAZING FACTS” by D. L. NAGLE. A fascinating array of facts and figures about people, places and events. 19 illustrated pages....trivia.
Tara Brown
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**This is a review for the audiobook version on Audible**

A Book for Everyone!

The audiobook 101 Amazing Facts by Jack Goldstein, Narrated by J. Scott Bennett is great for people who love trivia and random facts! I'm a teacher, and I hold trivia challenges for my high school students each week, so I was super excited when I saw this fun listen! The book is organized well. It is broken up into themes (see below) and each theme includes 10 facts. As each fact is presented, the narrator reads the fac
BETTY HARTY
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly interesting and very unusual!

Fascinating very entertaining really enjoyed it. Highly recommend this book for pleasure.Especially if you like trivia and want to win at trivia pursuit.
Erin
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not that amazing. I knew most of these facts. Needs an edit, lots of typos, and I think there were more ads than content. Oh well, it was free on Amazon when I got it...
Rhiannon D'Averc
Poorly written

Very short and littered with spelling and grammar mistakes. Not all facts are very interesting or well explained enough to be satisfying.
Les
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting, fascinating and daft at times, but, enjoyable none the less
Rabid Reader
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you want to read an on the edge of your seat with your heart in your throat, can't put it down type story then this third book in the series is for you, it's the best one yet. It is exciting, full of action, battles, danger, sorrow, love and beauty. I'm not going to rehash the story because you can read that in the blurb and it would be hard not to give anything away because there is a lot that happens and some really great twists. The characters lodge in your heart and the author makes you f ...more
Larry Hostetler
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Quick read. Too many advertisements for other books. Some of the facts were questionable, but none did I know to be untrue.

Organized by subject matter, there were obscure facts and interesting items, but I would have appreciated more information than just a short paragraph on each. Nonetheless, interesting reading and a good diversion.
David
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is part of a series titled “101 Amazing Facts About...” of which I have read several. They are all relatively short and quick reads but packed with interesting facts. This one titled “101 Amazing Facts” touches on a great variety of topics and may be the first, or one of the first, in the series. If only I could remember half of the facts I just read!
Ketan Ramteke
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some very interesting facts.

Book is devided in various topics and lot of unknown facts about each of these topics. Though facts are not that detailed if you want to know more about them you need to dig around on Wikipedia. It's a fun casual read. After reading this book you will rarely run out of topics and facts while engaging in Smalltalk.
Hope Diamond
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very informative read! Love how there were different sections on topics instead of just one topic throughout the book. This is a must read for any fact lover.

Mary Elizabeth
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Written in an informative, researched and interesting narrative, Jack Goldstein makes it easy for any reader to grasp these 101 unknown facts. Truly, this book is fast way pass the time or simply to gain more general knowledge.
Rutvik Phatak
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Good but too short

It's a good book containing many good facts but it's too small! So small that I finished it in half an hour! Hence the one deducted start otherwise it's a good book
Ken Mennell
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick Read

Good book, quick read. I learned a few things that I had not known. Quite enjoyed it. I Would recommend it to friends.
Grace Ormerod
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some very interesting stuff here
Andre
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Goor reas

This book is very very interesting I found on my Amazon Kindle. It is a real page turner. Please enjoy
Denise Zehnder
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Quirky tidbits.

Quick fun read. I enjoyed breezing through the resourcefulness in this book. I was surprised that I knew so few of the facts.
Huong
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Better if it is 1000 facts.
Virinchi Sharma
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From here I studied everything thank you regards Virinchi

I like it because I studied everything . Thank you for your co orporation . Bye see you later in your other book
Gits Sharma
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Didn't read the book at the moment. Nothing to say.

Didn't read the book at the moment. Nothing to say.
We will rate again just after completing the book.This should be enough
Jessica
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
nice book
CR
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Vignette from different books of 101 Amazing Facts

Approximately 10 facts in different categories in 1 book.
This is the 8 words obligatory from Amazon to post review.
Madhu N
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow i learnt so much from this book i think i contracted ocgd (obessive compulsive googling disorder..yes i googled that too!).

Fun quick read.
  • Everyday Foods in War Time
  • Secret Europe: 50 truly unforgettable experiences to inspire your next trip
  • Old Indian Legends
  • 223 Amazing Science Facts, Tidbits and Quotes
  • D-Day: Minute by Minute
  • Understanding Human Communication
  • A History of the Japanese People From the Earliest Times to the End of the Meiji Era
  • State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America
  • A History of Korea: From Antiquity to the Present
  • Supernatural 6
  • Genetically Modified Foods vs. Sustainability
  • Favorite Christmas Cookies
“sea otters hold each other’s paws whilst they are asleep so they don’t drift apart from each other.” 3 likes
“The original title for The Lion King was King of the Jungle - until someone pointed out that Lions don’t actually live in the jungle.” 2 likes