Start by marking “The Last Challenge (Northern Witches #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last Challenge (Northern Witches #1)

The Last Challenge

(Northern Witches #1)

I thought I was normal, I really did, aside from the fact I had a penchant for naming the many facets of my personality. I was unlucky, I'll grant you, but other than that, just your average twenty-five year old virgin. Then my long dead ancestor turned up with a four-hundred year appetite, a passion for G-strings, and a scorching hot, male witch in tow. Throw in an unadul ...more
Published June 19th 2014 (first published June 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Challenge, please sign up.
Sharon Sorry Kimberley, I only just noticed this question today! Selina isn't a natural witch, she is taught by Agnes and Daniel and there are only certain…moreSorry Kimberley, I only just noticed this question today! Selina isn't a natural witch, she is taught by Agnes and Daniel and there are only certain things she can do. Most of her powers come from her potions (she is a chef, after all!).
Hope this answers your question!
All the best,
Sharon(less)

Sally Sparrow
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be perfectly honest, it was not love at first page for this book and me. The first chapter is a bit clunky, with the main character speaking to the reader from an after-the-fact perspective. She also names the different aspects of her personality, and gives similar billing to the different aspects of luck. All in all, it didn’t immediately appeal to me.

Feeling indulgent, I stuck it out for a few more chapters. After all, this is a new author and beginnings can be tough… By the start of chapte
Heather Kuebler
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of The Last Challenge: A Paranormal Romantic Comedy (Northern Witches Series), by Sharon Karaa

Let me start off by saying how much I truly enjoyed reading this book. It had everything I look for in a book; there was comedy, an intriguing plot, great sex, and very memorable characters!
This book centers on Lauren, a 25-year old virgin who finds out she is a witch, and has her 16 times removed Grandmother, who is a ghost, watching over her. And she is the last in line of her family that has
Sky
Just in time for Halloween, we have a perfect dose of adventure, romance and a supernatural adventure to indulge on. So hide your candy and turn off the porch-light to detour the trick-or-treaters and grab this book and be prepared to laugh and swoon!
Oh, where to begin? Not sure where to start on why I loved this book so much, but what I can easily divulge is that this was a non-stop, hilarious and adventurous read!
Every character has their own lovable quirks and just about jump right off the
Paranormal Tendencies
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I like a book that will make me laugh out loud. When the author contacted me and asked if her book sounded like something I would like to read, I jumped at her offer. What’s better than a book with a snarky/funny main character, sexy witch and a familiar that is 6 inches tall and cusses like a sailor?? Not much! This book will have you laughing out loud. I think at one part I even snorted/choked. But let me start at the beginning.
Lauren was just a normal woman with a normal job, a great best fr
Relina Skye
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
"The Last Challenge" by Sharon Karaa is a coming of age story. Lauren, the main protagonist, is pretty much alone in the world save for her best friend Selena and her Cat. A computer programmer by trade, she considers herself to be fairly average except in the luck and love departments. Emotionally and psychologically still a teenager, in a twenty-five year old's body, she has a few hang ups to work through. All she needs is a push, and that comes in the package of a hunk named Daniel and a gran ...more
Marinda
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love a light hearted romance mixed with comedy, cross dressing witches, a 400 year old ghost, a hunky guardian and a giant rat familiar. Lauren doesn't know she's a witch, she thinks she's just a computer programer who Mr. Bad Luck follows around. She sure doesn't know she has evil souls out to kill her. She thinks she's losing her mind when she meets Agnes, a 400 year old ghost and Daniel a witch who can appear and disappear at will. This is a well written and fun read, fast paced a ...more
Theresa
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed
First time I've picked up anything by this author and I've quickly grown to love her style of writing. Her story is intriguing, comedic, and completely grabs you and makes you want to finish it in one sitting. Word of caution, I actually woke my husband up because I was laughing so hard at some of the things that happened. If you're a fan of paranormal, romance, or comedy in general do yourself a favor and pick this up.
Ian
Something of a mixed bag.
It feels like a first novel.
I mean, it's like the author has thrown everything into this book up to and including the kitchen sink.
It doesn't always work.
There are moments where the author's talent cuts through, there are moments that are just out and out funny. But there really is too much going on in this book. I can't help but feel there is a 5 Star novel hiding in the pages but it needs a ruthless edit to bring it out.
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Last Challenge

This book kept me going constantly. There was a lot of humor constantly in the book, my favorite. Lauren and Jolene were my favorite characters. You will have to read the book to understand why. I recommend this to all my reader friends. I already have the next book waiting on me to 'read. Kudos to you, Sharon.
Zoe
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very funny and tongue in cheek story. The characters are fabulous. A really well written story I can't wait to start the second. It was great balance on wit, romance, heat, passion, emotion and an absolutely stand out plot. Fab!
billiehatfield
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully entertaining

This book made me hold my breath during love scenes, laugh out loud, and almost cry (I tried real hard not too bc I was reading in public). I encourage any fan of paranormal romances to give it a try. Wonderfully!
Shelley Wells
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Modern, sexy, with a little witchcraft

I don't like books with sex but everything else about this was a good read. Nice that it was set in England.
Heather Kuebler
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Patricia Smith
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A romantic, slightly naughty, story which is bound in magic, filled with colourful characters and will keep you intrigued to the end.
Gordon Howard
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recipe for a good book.

Start off with an empty cauldron (every witch needs one). Now add Lauren Rutherford (she's the computer programmer that hasn't a clue that she is the last decedent of a powerful family of witches. Then add Agnes (she's the 400 year old Grandmother of Lauren and hasn't a clue about technological advancements over the last 400 years. Now add Daniel Hunter to the mix. You can tell that your recipe is coming along if Lauren's ears and other bodily parts start to smoke when sh
Laura Reading
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unlike any other witchy or light paranormal novel I have read.
This series has comedic, dangerous, mystery, and romantic elements.
Being first of the series, the author has to introduce all of the main characters.
Some are endearing, others frustrating, a couple intentionally unlikeable.
Given my preference I am sure I would have chosen different forms for the familiars.
One in particular seemed only to have one redeeming quality.
A view of the otherworlds unlike other authors have written.
Pay close
Le Anne
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was a little worried that I would not like this book once I started to read it. I bought the audio copy and it did take a moment to adjust to the ascent. I would have glazed over that if I was reading the book, but I ended up loving it. By the end of the book I was using the word knickers. I loved the the chemistry between Lauren and Daniel. I loved how he always drank out of her coffee cup. It was the little details like that that made the story more realistic to me. It was not just someone e ...more
PJ Lea
Shelves: paranormal, humorous
An hilarious paranormal romantic comedy!
The characters are all crazy and make Lauren's life way more interesting, with witches, familiars, demons and the occasional normal person.
The friendships and interactions of the characters are so well described that I felt I knew these people and some of them I would love to have as friends.
A great story with so much going on that you'll be lucky if your head doesn't spin! It is intricately woven with a great ending, but has plenty left unsaid to pull you
Belinda Remmers
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I received this book for an honest review. I absolutely love this book. The dialogue between the characters is the best. It's witty and fun and intriguing. You just can't stop when you start reading. Lauren, unknown to her, is a witch by family DNA and when acts of revenge begin, and things around her start to become unexplainable an ancestor shows up to explain it to her. Which takes things to a whole other level. It's got it all humor, great banter between friends, the funny dialogue of an anc
Stacy
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick and funny read

There was one sentence somewhere around the beginning of the sample that was weird, and I mean weird enough that I almost didn't purchase the book, but the story was funny and the characters were very likeable. I'm glad I paid to continue the story and will read more from this author. To be honest though after reading Natalia's story preview I thought there would be something going on with Selina and Natalie which would have been unexpected but interesting. I look forward to
✦⟣Kelly⟢✦
A very enjoyable story with a dash of intrigue, suspense, mystery, and British humor ( the best kind). Sharon Karaa did a fantastic job of bringing her characters to life and made the implausible seem plausible. The only complaint I really had was the tidily quick ending. I listened to the narration (immersion)audible book. The narrator did an excellent job with the voices. I will definitely be reading more from Ms. Karaa.
Kristin
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
A decent read. Most of the Elements I liked I have seen before, but I still enjoyed the story. I liked that there was sex but that it didn't dominate the story, although that is because she spent most of the beginning worrying about her virginity. But still I liked it, but then pnr is one of my preferred genres.

Susan
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up because it had two of my favorite things, humor & romance! Add paranormal and I've got the trifecta! Lots of great characters that you love and want to know better. Won't disappoint.
Jennifer Anne Blake
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cheeky fun

I enjoyed the British humor and rich characters in this story. The book keeps you interested all the way through one interesting twist to the next. I am looking forward to reading more from this series!
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was thoroughly entertaining. The characters drew me in from the beginning & kept me laughing all the way till the end. It did take a little adjusting to the UK terms used but it didn't take long to pick up.
Etta Crocker
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love your dialogue. Laugh out loud haven't laughed that much since evanovich keep up the good work yes I have

Recommended books one and two to many of my friends and relatives
Thank you I'm looking forward to more witches of the north
Karla White
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and funny.... A very enjoyable read
Adrienne Testa
off beat and quirky, with interesting characters. For a virgin, she was experienced enough to satisfy her man. Not for everyone, but will tickle your funny bone.
Donna
Funny and sweet

Great characters, gripping story. This book had me laughing. Couldn't put it down once I started reading it. Can't wait to read the next.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #146 - The Last Challenge 1 2 Jul 28, 2016 02:22PM
  • Dreams of Perfection (Dreams Come True, #1)
  • Obsession and Sacrifice (The Alaskan Heart Saga, #2)
  • Senior Year Bites (The Clanless, #1)
  • I'll Be Damned (Anna Wolfe #1)
  • Green (Clashing Colors #3)
  • Luck of the Devil (Speak of the Devil, #1)
  • Black Moon (Black Moon Saga, #1)
  • Destine (Watcher's Trilogy, #1)
  • The Coven (The Crystal Coast Series 1)
  • The Ghosts of Rue Dumaine
  • Banished Spirits (My Demonic Ghost, #1)
  • Created Darkly (Kris Chase, #1)
  • The Cat's Meow (Witch's Brew, #1)
  • Beautiful Lies
  • Empyreal Illusions (The Inferno Unleashed #1)
  • Death Embraces (Mortis, #2)
  • Closure
  • A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost
Join me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/authorsharon...

Tweet to me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/sharonkaraa

Follow me on Pinterest - https://uk.pinterest.com/skaraa2/

Sharon Karaa is a mass of contradictions but two facets of her character have always battled for supremacy; her logical self (let's call him Frank) and her artistic side (lets her call Misty).

Until recently, Frank won every

Northern Witches (3 books)
  • A Familiar Problem (Northern Witches #2)
  • What Goes Around (Northern Witches, #3)
“This is Margaret Brown; boy did she put on a show!” Agnes” 3 likes
“Daniel transported you, which is another reason you feel so sickly.  It can make you feel crappy if you aren’t used to it.  First time I did it, it was coming out of both ends for a good three hours afterwards. ” 2 likes