Start by marking “Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)” as Want to Read:
Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)

Sunset

(Warriors: The New Prophecy #6)

Erin Hunter's #1 nationally bestselling Warriors series continues in Warriors: The New Prophecy--now featuring fierce new art. The sixth book in this second series, Warriors: The New Prophecy #6: Sunset, brings more adventure, intrigue, and thrilling battles to the epic world of the warrior Clans.

As shadows of the past continue to plague the forest, Brambleclaw is haunted
Published March 17th 2015 by HarperCollins (first published December 12th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sunset, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Hazel Tigerstar wants to train Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost because they are alive and in the waking world. By training his sons and persuading them to be on…moreTigerstar wants to train Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost because they are alive and in the waking world. By training his sons and persuading them to be on his side, he can conquer the lake Clans through his sons.(less)
Hazel
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Christina
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
Fitting end to the second series. I like how things were wrapped up into a semi-neat bow with enough dangling threads to keep us wanting the third series. These books are addicting!!
Sella Malin
Oct 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aoife
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All warrior fans! Read them in order everyone! :)
Thumbs up! I'm greedy for warriors and this ends the arc in an awesome way. A great addicting read, with love, action, adventure and suspense, what more could you want? Character's that you become really attached too make this story even more amazing. I find these stories very believable and moving. A troubled tom cat must choose between power and loyalty to his clan and the cat he loves. A very exciting ending, loved the ending - did not know what was going to happen next. Weird reincarnation t ...more
Micheline
Courtney8-22
Dec 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves cats and a good series
Author: Erin Hunter
Genre: Fantacy/Adventure

This is the sixth book in the second series of Warriors. Brambleclaw is a loyal Thunderclan cat with a bad past. Firestar is the leader of Thunderclan, and has two daughters.When Brambleclaw is faced with the promise of power and contol he has a tough decision to make. Will he follow in his father's path or will he choose to break away. There is one prophecy that has been ongoing;before there is peace,blood will spill blood and the lake will run red.
Lee
Jul 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great installment in the 2nd Warriors series. I was never bored, the pacing was steady and interesting; although the ending had a very rushed feeling. Despite that, it much less predictable than many of the earlier books.

The continueing drama of the intertwined lives of Tigerstar and Firestar and their families is really well-played in this book; and the glimpses of StarClan and the shadowy forest are especially intriguing and satisfying for those of us interested in the Warriors' world.

Can'
Kmaria
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leafpool is now mediciene cat of Thunderclan, while Squirrelflight falls in love with Brambleclaw and Brambleclaw figures out that power isn't always a great thing.
Kate Matson
Summary:
Soon after the cats reached their new home by the lake, ThunderClan's medicine cat Leafpool received an ominous warning from StarClan: Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red. As the Clan slowly recovers from a devastating badger attack, Leafpool can't help but wonder . . . do her prophetic dreams mean there are even worse dangers still in store for the warrior cats?
HanjingW_C2
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've finished this book for the THIRD time, and it was as good as ever. This just proves that good books don't get boring. I think the theme I got was about the balance of kinship (blood relations like your cousin, relative, sibling etc) and justice. In the story, one of the main characters, Brambleclaw, was conflicted because his power-hungry father and half-brother would do anything to make him the leader of his clan. While Brambleclaw was loyal to his clan and the present leader, he also didn ...more
Naomi Willard
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads review of Warriors-The new prophecy: Sunset by Erin Hunter
Review by: Naomi Willard

Sunset is probably one of the more intense warriors books, showing the aftermath of the badger attack and what happens to ThunderClan afterwards and which clashes with other clans happen. After the badgers are fought off by ThunderClan, Stormfur and Brook Where Small Fish Swim journey to ThunderClan and arrive immediately after the last badger has left. (Besides Midnight) Shocked at what has happened, th
Carol
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡Que manera de terminar la serie! Me ha tenido pegada al libro todo el tiempo, y si no hubieran decidido seguir las traducciones, ya me veía con los libros en inglés y buscando los nombres de los gatos para identificarlos.
Me encantó. Me ha roto el corazón pensar que no volveré a ver a Látigo Gris, pero sabíamos que sucedería, el pobre lleva desaparecido toda la serie. Zarzoso me había estado dando mala espina desde sus reuniones con Estrella de Tigre, pero vaya, no me esperaba ese final en lo a
David
Mar 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was a good last book of the series to finsh the series and wrap it all up
I liked that tigerstar came into hawkfrost and brambleclaws dreams and their got to talk to each other
but i fell out of my seat whe hawkfrost leaded firestar into the fox trap and they got into a fight

Kayla
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Wow, just wait until the prophesy is fulfilled. Before there is peace blood will spill blood and the lake will run red.
You can never go wrong with the Warriors series. :-)
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
3.5/5

Overall, this series was SO SLOW in comparison to the first one. I will say that I really liked getting to know the younger characters more as we followed their journey, and I did enjoy the last couple of books a bit more. But the final verdict is that it still didn't have the magic that the first series had. Sad face.

I was so proud of Brambleclaw in this book! (view spoiler)
Leonor
Reseña

Y llegamos al final de esta nueva saga. Los cuatro clanes ya están totalmente instalados en su nuevo hogar, pero siguen habiendo rencillas que los separan, aunque también elementos que los unen.

El ansia de poder continúa presente en los hijos machos de Estrella de Tigre, Zarzoso y Alcotán. Aunque se nota que Alcotán piensa de forma mucho más parecida a su padre que nuestro querido Zarzoso.

Ahora Hojarasca Acuática es la curandera oficial del Clan del Trueno, y el Clan Estelar le dio la res
Deborah Pickstone
Final volume of this series. Will Brambleclaw catch on that his respected progenitor is bad to the bone? So many hints are dropped to him that it's hard to see how he's so slow.....but he works it out in the end.

The Erins do keep reiterating the obvious at times. Can be annoying.

A story thread continues that compares faith to lack of faith (and, in one instance, blind faith on the part of Firestar) that lasts the rest of this series. My main complaint at this point is that the books end in a way
Aurora Dimitre
i mean, it least it was mostly a brambleclaw pov instead of mostly squirrelflight. still better than moonrise. even if he's dumb.
José
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No le pongo 5 porque dejaron el final muy abierto y ni siquiera sé si se publicará la siguiente saga :/
Christian Kezar
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is really good because i like the on going story behind it. The story line is really great and i am almost done with all of the Warriors series books and i think this one is a good book because it lets a medicine cat learn to help others in a time of need.
Lindsey
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Warriors fans
Okay, this was the best Warriors books so far. 4.5 I wish I could give.

It has the edge on Forest of Secrets mostly because I really love the brothers. I still take issue with some of the overly easy characterization the Erins do, which is why I can't give it a five. But the pace was amazing, the intrigue was great and the character arcs were brilliant. I loved this book. It makes me want to jump right into The Power of Three series, even though I've heard that is... not as good. Characters like
Ash Ebrahim
Jul 29, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
FINALLY I FINISHED THIS DREADFUL SERIES.
Let me say something The first series (The Original) was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and suits any age but this one!!
It started great as good or even better than the first series and I REALLLY enjoyed the first two books but what about the rest? THEY ARE CRAP not all of them only the 6th and the 3rd were DREADFUL in my opinion and the 4th and 5th were just fillers.
What about this one.
It's the WORST Warriors book EVER
The book is 303 pages First 100 pages Leafpool is
Jose Antonio
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creo....
Que le daré un 4.5 de 5.
Bueno, ¿qué puedo decir de este libro?
Acabo de terminarlo hace menos de 5 minutos y literal estoy boquiabierto.
Es un final muuuuuuy bueno para esta segunda saga, esas últimas páginas estuvieron llenas de adrenalina, y en general estoy feliz de que en esta última entrega la historia no haya decaído, se mantuvo con el mismo ritmo.
Los defectos que le veo a esta última entrega es que acabó abruptamente, las últimas páginas como ya dije son buenísimas, pero acaba muy d
Sam
Sep 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Soon after the cats reached their new home by the lake, ThunderClan's medicine cat Leafpool received an ominous warning from StarClan: Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red. As the Clan slowly recovers from a devastating badger attack, Leafpool can't help but wonder... do her prophetic dreams mean there are even worse dangers still in store for the warrior cats?
At the same time, shadows of the past continue to haunt the forest as some old friends struggle to f
Scott
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
A terrific ending to this prophesy ... but I am not sure that Leafpool will be able to count on the outcome to follow blood spilling blood and the lake runnning red. I must admit that Erin Hunter has once again caught me off guard ... and now I will need to move to the third series (The Power of Three). These authors do a masterful job of creating cliffhangers at the end of each book and series. I knew Brambleclaw had it in him ... what a great character. And I am also glad that Squirrelflight c ...more
Cara
Ceci
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Animallover1234
Hawkfrost trapped Firestar, but Brambleclaw killed Hawkfrost, and freed Firestar. There's 4 new kits in the clan, and one of them is called Cinderkit, in memory of Cinderpelt. Brambleclaw is now deputy of ThunderClan. Mothwing of Riverclan has a apperntice, Willowpaw.
Maddison
Meh this one also felt like a bit of a filler, although I am glad of the development that took place in this one, with all of the medicine cat issues and the clean-up after the attack. And a lot of morality issues as well. It felt very middle-grade.
Leafshadow
Mar 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its one of my absoulte favorite books! its awsome how leafpool guides willowpaw in her dreams with feathertail and leafpool says goodbye to crowfeather. brambleclaw kills his own brother to save firestar!
Kayley N.
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Good lesson on loyalty
  • The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #3)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
  • Varjak Paw  (Varjak Paw #1)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natur

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)
  • Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
“Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red.” 290 likes
“Twolegs are mousebrain” 64 likes