Start by marking “Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)

Moonrise

(Warriors: The New Prophecy #2)

Erin Hunter's #1 nationally bestselling Warriors series continues in Warriors: The New Prophecy--now featuring fierce new art. The second book in this second series, Warriors: The New Prophecy #2: Moonrise, brings more adventure, intrigue, and thrilling battles to the epic world of the warrior Clans.

Moons have passed since six cats set out on a journey to save their Clans.
Published March 17th 2015 by HarperCollins (first published July 25th 2005)

Janeen-san
The six cats chosen from the four wild Clans of the forest--ThunderClan, ShadowClan,RiverClan and WindClan--are finally on their way back home!

In the first book of the New Prophecy, Midnight, the new warrior Bramleclaw gets a disturbing dream from StarClan telling him to join up with three other cats and "listen to what midnight tells you."
They travel to the Sun-Drown-Place (the sea) and find "midnight".
Midnight the BADGER!
She gives them a warning that they must follow, or it will mean the qui
Kayla
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the drama that is in this series! Don't get me wrong there was plenty of drama with Firestars adventures.... But Squirrelflight is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. Her personality if funny, but she is quick tempered with a retort when needed. She's a lot like me. :-)

I am rewriting this review because the old one was pathetic. I like how the Erins are flip flopping between characters in the rest of their series. It adds a different perspective to the warriors world. :-)

Th
Allie
Nalle
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cada vez que comienzo un libro de estas sagas me pasa lo mismo. Me atrapan de inmediato y me rompen el morado corazón. Siguiendo la narrativa de su antecesor, la historia es contada a dos voces y en dos lugares distintos. El campamento del clan del trueno que la está pasando muy mal a causa de los dos patas y unas cuevas en las montañas, dónde habita una tribu de gatos distinta pero con muchas cosas en común con los clanes que ya conocemos. Este libro está lleno de momentos de tensión, realmente ...more
~♥~ happinesslife

Este segundo libro me ha gustado más, ya que podemos ver como la travesía de nuestros gatos no es todo camino de rosas, se van encontrando con peligros y adversidades que tendrán que aprender a superar juntos, la más curiosa es cuando aparece un nueva profecía de una tribu de las montañas, donde uno de los gatos tendrá que afrontar su destino.
JJ
Sep 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9-12 year olds who like cats, or fantasy
Shelves: cat_books, fantasy
Pant Pant Pant ooooooooooooooooo...
Regina
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes cats and everyone who wants a good plot!
Shelves: cats, 5-stars
Willemijn
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
De katten zijn op de terugweg van hun reis naar Middernacht. Onderweg sluiten ze tijdelijk aan bij wilde katten. Ze spreken net een andere taal, maar ze kunnen elkaar goed verstaan. De wilde katten wonen op de rotsen in de bergen, ze wonen in een grote achter een waterval. Zij zien Stormvacht als hun redder. Maar waarvoor eigenlijk? Dat wordt niet meteen duidelijk voor de katten uit het woud.

In het woud gaat het ook niet goed, alle clans hebben minder prooi en dat terwijl het nog bladkaal moet w
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first 2/3 of this one was just as slow as the first book was, but thankfully around the 200 page mark it picked up and brought back the magic of the series that I fell in love with - in all of its action and heartbreaking brutality! I'm so glad, too, because I was starting to wonder if maybe the second series wasn't for me and that maybe I was falling out of love with the series. The last 100 pages reminded me why I fell in love in the first place!

The first book may have been on the boring s
Deborah Pickstone
Leafpool gets very annoying constantly wittering about whether to tell her father about where the questing cats have gone. Someone stole Greystripe, one of the best characters and it don't look like he's coming back. This volume left me proper grumpy and out of sorts - and the the Tribe of Rushing Water had their own concept of xenophobia. Tsk!
Rogue
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I forgot how devastating the last twenty pages are.
Anton
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had some dull moments, but the switching perspectives are still refreshing and interesting. The exciting bits were just epic!
Anne M
Good but not my favorite

This book is good yes I will say that but out of all the warriors books I have read (43) this one has been my least favorite so compared to other books it’s great but... just didn’t fit up to the warriors standard. Keep up the good work I will always be a fan! GO LEAFPAW
Parker
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good, but sad. It almost made me cry, but MOST of it was really really good! THE other warriors books i kinda feel the same about. Anyway, this book was amazing to read. It was pretty quick too, but nice.
Aurora Dimitre
tho it's mean, i'm kinda glad that (view spoiler) cause i was getting kind of bored of those evangelist speeches and whatnot. excited to continue, this one started getting better abt halfway thru.
Wolf Doge
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is good tho i like survivors more because they have dogs
warriors is a good series and new and hunter puts more ideas for us and stories we will love
the fandom is trash but hunter books are amazing .
Brydon Devolder
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was good because when they discover Midnight is a badger and they go back to the forest and everything is demolished.
Lanie
This is crap. I hate these characters so freaking much! I just..... Yeah, I just hate them! I miss firestars bravery. I miss Greystripe's snarky sidekick role. I miss dustplet & sandstorm picking on Firestar then slowly growing to like him. I miss yellowfang.

Here, in this 2nd series I have to deal with a painful collection of characters who make me want to rip my hair out & put a bullet in my head. (Not really, but it's still pretty bad.)

Warning! This will be long, ranting, & possi
E.F Morell
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madre mía, que sufrimiento hasta el último momento, ya haré reseña, estoy pendiente adoptar a Erin Hunter, tanto si me la aceptan como si no la publicaré en tener una respuesta. De momento toca escribirla o algo.
MelanieP
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warriors Moonrise Author: Erin Hunter Genre: Action and adventure
Now that the four chosen cats Brambleclaw, Tawnypelt, Feathertail, Crowpaw along with Stormfur and Squirrelpaw have learned the prophecy of their clans they have to go back the way they came to warn them that great danger is coming. All four clans are going to be destroyed by twolegs if they don't work together and find a new home. All six cats have to make the long journey back home. They want to get back as soon as possible and
Adam Veeser-Johnston
"Warriors: Moonrise" by Erin Hunter

Personal Response: I feel that the book was written very well. The author captures the reader in a series of events and switches groups often throughout chapters. To me the book was a great read and I recommend that anyone read it.

Plot: Some events that take place in the book are as follows. A group of warriors wander through their forest and then through a city to find a prophet of a sort. They reach this prophet to learn that she's actually one of their most
Braintwich
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Basic Synopsis: As the journeying cats return to the forest with the answer to the forest's demise, they are caught once again in another prophecy from a tribe of cats living in the mountains who foretell the destiny of one of the journeying cats.

Sad book. I can say that there have only been a handful of books I've ever cried on: Cages, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Last Dog on Earth, and Warriors: #3 Forest of Secrets. Well, it's not entirely sad, but there's a sad part in it when one of the ch
Maddy Goodwin
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Warriors Moonrise because it has a new style of problems that arise than the older books. The traveling cats have to face a lot of obstacles that they need to solve with teamwork and cooperation rather than get physical and hurt someone. The story is well told as the cats in the forest have to deal with problems that they could not prepare for while the traveling cats strive to help them as soon as they can.
Jhanz Ganub
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moonrise
Amanda
Jul 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cat/animal lovers, anyone :)
I just love these books. :) They're consistently reallly good. At least for me.

The 6 cats chosen by Starclan have made it to the sundrown place, met Midnight, and are on the way back home to let the Clans know that they'll have to leave the forest forever. Darn Twolegs. Instead of going back through Twolegplace like they came, they decide to head back through the mountains, where the Tribe cats dwell. Don't want to spoil too much there, but the Tribe cats are in terrible danger, and they have a
Starfire
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ynwa
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 || Après avoir rencontré Minuit, la petite troupe composée de Nuage d'Ecureuil, Pelage d'Orage, Jolie Plume, Nuage Noir, Griffe de Ronce et Pelage d'Or poursuit sa quête. Ils doivent regagner leurs clans au plus vite afin de les sauver de la menace qui les entoure. Seulement en chemin ils vont devoir faire face à de nombreux obstacles et vont rencontrer une nouvelle Tribu, faut-il les aider? Et à quel prix?

Pendant ce temps dans les différents clans la menace se fait de plus en plus grande e
Claires2
I enjoyed Moonrise. However, it didn’t really live up to my expectations for this series. I found I could relate to Stormfur often; he was the strong but silent type. I also loved the overlapping religions that these cats faced and the two prophecies. But I must say, I think a whole book about their journey in the mountains only to lose a cat and waste time really wasn’t necessary. I’m looking forward more to the next book, when they finally reach the Clans again. I recommend this book to fans o ...more
Maddison
(view spoiler) I legit couldn't remember this book at all. I'm so pleased to be re-reading this series!
And I still find it hard to believe that (view spoiler) Kind of wish we'd had one of their POVs to explain the development of the relationship.
And that ending, with (view spoiler) Something else I didn't know: Sor
Kirsti
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another day, another Warriors book review! This one introduced a new lot of cats, although they form a tribe not a clan. Another prophecy is combating the first, and the traveling cats must decide whether or not to help or hurry back to their own clans. There is more traveling, but the action is up on the first novel. The characters are really starting to come into their own, and their interactions become more fun and meaningful.

I liked the alternating between the Clans and the traveling cats. I
warrior fans only 68 99 Feb 19, 2019 05:12PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Warriors: The New Prophecy #2: Moonrise by Erin Hunter --> Starting 7th Feb 22 12 Feb 15, 2018 06:22PM
Goodreads Librari...: Updated cover 3 19 Feb 10, 2016 07:00PM
why was feathertail the chosen cat? 12 22 Feb 23, 2015 04:06AM
4 Clans? Why? *Warning;May Contain Spoilers* 85 77 Feb 16, 2015 11:12PM
Why is Feathertail so overrated by the other cats? 4 20 Jan 31, 2015 01:00PM
  • The Hatchling (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #7)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Sword Quest (Swordbird, #0)
  • Silverwing (Silverwing, #1)
  • Say Good-Bye (Wild at Heart, #5)
  • The Sight
  • Ratha and Thistle-Chaser (The Named, #3)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natur

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
  • Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)
“Think you have nine lives, do you? I saved you once.... don't make me save you again.” 238 likes
“Crowpaw,I can hear the voices clearly now, this is for me to do.” 96 likes