Start by marking “Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)

Midnight

(Warriors: The New Prophecy #1)

Darkness, air, water, and sky will come together... and shake the forest to its roots.
The next generation of warrior cats faces a peril that threatens the whole forest in this exciting spin-off series starring the children of the original Warriors heroes.
Packed with riveting suspense, compelling new characters, and classic themes of epic fantasy, this is an adventure not t
Published March 17th 2015 by HarperCollins (first published May 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight, please sign up.
Jojo I don't think 7-year-olds would be mature enough to read the books. The first time I actually took a quick glance into the book was when i was 8, and…moreI don't think 7-year-olds would be mature enough to read the books. The first time I actually took a quick glance into the book was when i was 8, and I found it hard to understand the vocabulary, and the type of "style" in which I mean the 'paws, 'stars, and 'kits. I also think that they wouldn't understand that the series isn't just some fun fantasy. It also includes death and violence, which I don't quite think is allowed to be shown to small kids.(less)
Isabella Katniss Bluestar Tris Well, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or,…moreWell, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or, as many people say the continue of the super edition Firestar's Quest but u don't have to read Firestar's Quest first.
It worths every single nanosecond of reading this, trust me.(less)

Natalie
I love the warriors series. But in this one absolutely NOTHING HAPPENED!
It was just like..
(sing to the tune of "Follow the Leader")
"WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY
WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY, OR ELSE OUR CLANS WILL DIE!"
and even thought they all new the clans were in trouble, the six cats on the journey were in no apparent hurry to get home.

Well ok, something did happen.
They found midnight.
thats it...:)

My favorite character in this book was Squirrelpaw. She kinda reminded me of the ann
haley
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alrighty! I finally re-read all the New Prophecy books, with the exception of Moonrise as I don't own a copy and was too lazy to go to the library.
I'm currently re-reading the entire series so I can write new, updated reviews.

So note that this review is for ALL of the New Prophecy books (Midnight-Sunset). Also, another thing. Names change throughout the series as the cats grow up (a sort of Rite of Passage). For the sake of simplicity, I will refer to characters with the names they have in the f
Emily
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cried for a really long time when I realized this new series was no longer in firestar's pov. Middle school me was devastated
Elin (Tickmicks bokblogg)
4,5 stars
Willemijn
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Van te voren wist ik al dat we in serie 2 niet meer door de ogen van Vuurster kijken, maar door andere katten in de DonderClan. Waar ik verbaasd en blij over was, is dat je door de ogen van twee verschillende katten kijkt. Terwijl er eigenlijk drie katten de hoofdrol hebben.

De meeste tijd kijk je door de ogen van Braamklauw, hij is inmiddels krijger bij de DonderClan. Andere delen van het boek zie je door de ogen van Loofpoot, een van de dochters van Vuurster. De derde hoofdpersoon in het boek i
Deborah Pickstone
The start of the second series. A new prophecy seems to be leading the cats out of the forest as it is about to be destroyed by humans. New set of POVs with younger cats taking the limelight. Remains very readable.
Kirsti
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt like this book was set to be a bit of a letdown; after the ending to the first Warriors series, I really don't see how anything could compare. This definitely felt like an introduction, but still kept some of the same aspects and situations as the first series so as not to scare long time readers. There are also more 'travel' scenes, reminiscent of all the camping that goes on in 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. You know they're all headed towards something, and you can't wait to g ...more
~♥~ happinesslife

Este libro me daba un poco de cosilla por si fuera demasiado infantil para mí, pero la verdad es que la historia engancha y se lee en seguida, el libro es muy fácil de leer y nos adentramos en los clanes junto a los gatos mientras cazan y resuelven sus disputas.
El libro es bastante introductorio, podemos conocer a gatos del Clan del trueno y del río , mientras que los otros clanes quedan un poco relegados.
Me ha gustado mucho la personalidad de Zarzoso y E
Ariel
Aug 28, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Re-reading this reminds me why this is my least favorite of the Warriors series.

I hate Squirrelpaw. If there were at least some legitimate reason why she was a jerk the whole time then I could at least tolerate her, but there is absolutely no reason for her behavior. I'm sorry if I can't relate or sympathize with a character who yells at everyone for no reason, has no respect for anyone, constantly talks backs, and gets herself into dangerous situations after being warned and then acts like it's
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
3.5/5

Okay, this one didn't quite have the magic that the first series held for me. But I still enjoyed stepping back into the world of the cat Clans just the same!

Compared to the first series, this book was rather slow. In fact, nothing really happened. There was a lot of talk about prophecy, a lot of traveling, and not much action. There were only a few scenes where the cats were in any danger. I think the bar was set too high by the last series, which delivered tons of action, harrowing danger
Nalle
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reto-2017
Estos libros tienen la habilidad de engancharme sin que me de cuenta, cuando menos lo espero ya voy a más de la mitad. Ahora me arrepiento de no haberlo leído antes.Al inicio fue complicado por los personajes nuevos y el cambio de voces protagonistas, pero Zarzoso, Hojarasca, Esquirolina y hasta Puma se metieron ya en mi morado corazón igual que lo hicieron Látigo Gris, Carbonilla y Estrella de Fuego en su momento.
El libro puede sentirse lento porque nos cuenta como cuatro gatos, uno de cada cla
Aurora Dimitre
This was the first warrior cat book I ever read, and it's kind of amazing that I got as into this as I did, because while this is a good, necessary book that not only sets up the rest of this series but the rest of the series after this one, it is s l o w. But I'm pumped to keep going--and tbh, little Brambleclaw, tiny aggressive Crowpaw , and also Jesus-lover-Feathertail... good times.
Hunter K
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary
Warriors is a series that is very exciting and adventurous. This book is about how six cats go on a journey to find midnight. They meet Purdy, a kitty pet who makes him their guide on their journey. He tries to lead them in the direction of the sea but gets lost. Then when they’re in the up walkers territory they get ambushed by rats and Tawnypelt gets injured bad.

Main characters
Tawnypelt- strong from shadow clan.
Brambleclaw- big powerful tabby from thunder clan.
Stormfur- gray graystri
Sheryl
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have only read the first 3 books of this series due to that fact that I didn't have the money to get the rest of the books. Soon I'll be starting up again.
Like for my reveiw for the 1st book of the original Warriors series, I'm going to bundle my reveiw to those I've read into one. I love this series so far, only a tiny bit less than the orginal Warriors. If I could have given this 4.5 stars I would have.

This book still focuses on Thunderclan but now it focuses on not Firestar, but his forme
Jack
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The New Prophecy - and probably all the other series - isn't as good as the original, in my opinion. I still LOVE the books, but if I'm comparing them, the original is the best, and probably always will be. I still found this book really interesting and I really got into it in the second half. I love the balance between dialogue and description and that makes it good fr all ages. You really get to know most characters and really feel for them and know what they're feeling. I find it really easy ...more
Aoife
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL WARRIOR CAT FANS!! Read the first series first :)
EPIC! Yeah, it's time to follow the next generation of warriors! This is the first book of the 2nd arc, The New Prophecy, WARRIORS. Several peaceful moons (6 months) have passed since the last book - The Darkest Hour. Lot's of exciting stuff happens and we learn a lot, as new characters come into this series. It may be strange to have new main characters at first but you quickly get to love them just as much as Firestar and Graystripe. The book alternated between different viewpoints which is go ...more
Alexz Méndez
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creo que una idea general de lo que va el libro ya se encuentra en la sinopsis por eso mejor dejaré unas opiniones. Este primer libro de la segunda saga me tenía nerviosa y emocionada por lo perfecta que es la primera saga. Me va gustado casi tanto como la anterior y se puede comenzar a leer sin leer la primera porque explican lo necesario. Los personajes que más me gustaron son la gata Esquirolina y en solitario Puma. Casi al final el libro se vuelve algo lento y tedioso, honestamente ahí pensé ...more
Mary
Jun 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
Hmmmmmmmm..... New main character, and what's this???? Switching off from other cats views?? Wow. Having this been the first time reading a book where different chapters had different view points from different characters, it was a little much to comprehend. However, it was a good read, with a new plot, and later in the future revealing that the next series would come together to make the best plot eva!!!
Danny Phanton
Reseña completa en mi blog: La cueva de Danny.

Entretenido, muy introductorio y que le falto mucha acción que espero, con ese final, que el siguiente este mucho mejor que este porque este simplemente es muy lento.
Amy
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I realy wanted to enjoy this book but sadly I didnt. It was a bit to childish for me now and I found it that boring that I couldnt put myself threw finishing it (i didnt even make half way)
If I was you I wouldnt read it! Thanks for reading! :)
Olivia
this book is really good because i'm he kind of person who loves books about animals. This book has lots of adventure in it it's really really good. It makes you want to keep on reading and reading forever.
Sara Jones
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! it was a good book with great new and old characters from the old series. Quite interesting as well.
Yeva
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ця книга неймовірно сподобалася! Ця серія варта уваги з боку прихильників котів і фентезі! Ось мій відгук на неї:
Abby Shaffer
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paola
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inizia una nuova avventura per i gatti dei Clan della foresta, StarClan annuncia un gravissimo pericolo e manda un gruppo di valorosi guerrieri in missione. Stavolta però il protagonista non è il mio amatissimo Firestar, ormai leader del suo clan, ma i guerrieri più giovani tra i quali una delle sue figlie: nonostante questo non sento la mancanza dei vecchi personaggi perché Erin Hunter (pseudonimo sotto cui lavorano 5 scrittori) riesce anche stavolta a creare una storia avvincente e plausibile. ...more
Kleinerrotfuchs
Dec 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Das war richtig langweilig.
Erstmal ist sehr sehr wenig passiert. Und dann war das was passiert ist nicht mal wirklich wichtig.

Eine Mission wird vom Sternenclan aus gesandt, um herauszufinden was in Zukunft mit dem Wald passiert. Zum Schluss erfahren die 6 Katzen, dass eine Autobahn durch den Wald gebaut werden soll und die Clans fliehen müssen.

Soweit so gut.

Gleichzeitig bekommen die Clans im Wald, die Veränderung schon zu spüren!

WARUM MUSSTEN DIE ALSO SO EWIG REISEN?!?!?
Aki1713
Am Anfang habe ich mir noch schwer getan, die Katze zu unterscheiden und die Welt zu verstehen, aber ich muss sagen, so als Kinder- bzw. Jugendbuch ist es nicht schlecht. Ich will sogar wissen wies weitergeht.
Daylen Prather
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is is a good book
sage
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ICONIC!!!
Tennille Wilton
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good, just like the previous series! This first book opens the second series very well and leaves one wanting more!
  • The Siege (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #4)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Grand Escape (Cat Pack #1)
  • Sword Quest (Swordbird, #0)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Mare in the Meadow (Animal Ark, #31)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natur

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
  • Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)
“Yes, O Great One, I shall do as you command. Then when we come back empty-pawed, you'll admit I was right."
- Squirrelflight to Brambleclaw”
103 likes