Start by marking “The Ultimate Morpheus Collection, Volume 11 (Sherlock Holmes)” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Morpheus Collection, Volume 11 (Sherlock Holmes)

The Ultimate Morpheus Collection, Volume 11

(Sherlock Holmes)

SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE. Ten Compelling Sherlock Holmes Crime Mysteries In One Complete Book: VOLUME TWO. STORY ONE: Double Trouble in York. Upon hearing that I had to consciously resist the temptation that I had to peek through the drapes to see if I could catch a glimpse of that scoundrel. "Holmes continued, it is time, Watson." "Time for what?" "Time for you to be vi ...more
Published June 25th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Morpheus Collection, Volume 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Morpheus Collection, Volume 11

Suzanne Steffes O'Neil
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful collection of short stories about different cases involving that famous detective duo—Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson. It’s an enjoyable read, especially if you are a fan of the limited works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and his most famous protagonists. The stories showcase Holmes deductive reasoning and cast Watson as a foil for much of Holmes’ efforts. The book would also serve as a good introduction to the genre for younger readers. It will capture their imagination a ...more
Tamara Philip
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Now I just want to state up front that I'm not a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes. I can't even bother to watch Elementary or BBC's Sherlock regardless of how much I adore Benedict Cumberbatch and Lucy Liu, so when I started reading Ms.Cartawick's book, I didn't expect anything.
Instead I found myself pleasantly surprised.
I enjoyed snarky Sherlock and ever devoted Watson. I let the author's writing carry me away into each perfectly described scene. She captured the voice of Sherlock for me along with
Ron Voigts
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Penny May Cartawick has presented ten more short stores involving the astute Sherlock Holmes and his devoted companion, John Watson. The brilliant duo take on cases from a petty thief at an orphanage to stolen emerald pennant to arsenic poisoning to a serial killer. Their travels take them from historic York, through the streets of London, to the countryside of Scotland and the beauty of the Swiss Alps. Ms. Cartawick has capture the essence of this titanic team in SHERLOCK HOLMES: The Ultimate M ...more
Jerome Brooke
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cartawick writes of the adventures of Holmes, recording cases not otherwise known. The tales are free of crude and distasteful elements found in modern books of like nature. The Holmes stories have elements of a novel. The caracters and setting is the same. Thus, they resemble episodes of a TV series. However, less time is spent than with a true novel. Good work. Good read!
Cyma Khan
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You'll enjoy this one if you think of it as a fantasy based on Sherlock Holmes instead of comparing it with the original. The author's writing was flowing and compelling and the stories were certainly entertaining. Fun, witty, mysterious collection of stories that pay homage to the writings of Arthur Conan Doyle.
Jen
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book before I even read it and now that I read it, I want to read it again! Shes an excellent writter and now I have to go and read all of her other books! :)
Ian Hunter
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I loved the color illustrations, photos, and artwork accompanying the text. It’s a minor point, perhaps, but it made me wonder why all books don’t come this way, because it really classes things up. It seems to particularly suit a vintage character like Sherlock Holmes and a collection of his tales.

Okay, onward to what matters most, a critique of the stories themselves. The most striking feature right off the bat is how well the author captured the original voices of Holmes and Watson, the feeli
Evida Suntoyo
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As part of a generation who grew up before the internet and gadget era, I was on who would make regular visits to the local library, my number one read? Sherlock Holmes of course! That’s why I pounced at the chance to read this book like a cat on a fresh piece of tuna.
This book is a compilation of 10 short stories on our timeless, iconic and beloved mystery solving duo; Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. This is a must read for any avid Holmes fans.
Brilliantly told and engaging, the author Pennie M
Andy Lacroix
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I’ve read by Pennie Mae in her Sherlock Holmes mystery series and again I am impressed. I am so happy to see that there is more in the series for me to read. Pennie Mae’s writing style is captivating and will keep you hooked until that last word. If you’re looking for a thrilling story, written in a creative way, that all comes together in the end, then look no further than this book and the rest of the Sherlock Holmes mystery series books. This book and the series will e ...more
Timothy McLendon
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of stories that really make you wonder what's going to happen next. Holmes and Watson always seem to get entangled in unsolvable mysteries, but claw their way out every time with deduction and reasoning. Their dialogue is entertaining and put a smile on my face. The Author presents some of these stories from Watson's point of view, and others from Holmes's, keeping each story entertaining and fresh. This brought me back to my high school days, when I liked to read short witt ...more
S.L. Bynum
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great set of tales from the famous detective, Sherlock Holmes, and his sidekick, Watson. From the tale of Watson's "twin" to the disease curse put on Holmes, the stories went right along with the strange and interesting mysteries that these two are always trying to solve. The few grammar problems in this book is what kept me from giving it five stars, but the personalities of the characters were spot on. It was an exciting read.
Rose Gluck
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The detective style dialogue and plot was really fun to read. Particularly, the voice of the narrator which was true to the genre, from start to end with deductive questioning and tongue-in-cheek references. Holmes & Watson's mysteries took us all over world: the back streets of London, the French Alps, across countries in trains and more! Each of the stories introduced a new case. It was a fun and engaging read!
Sophia Stafford
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! I'd never read any Sherlock Holmes stories, I've seen films and TV shows but never read anything, I'm so glad I've read this book! For a world and characters that have re-created so many times in the past I thought this author did an amazing job of bringing it back and putting her own stamp on things. I was gripped all the way through even though I don't normally read this genre. All in all I loved it!
Lena Belle
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sherlock Holmes the Ultimate Morpheus Collection follows the adventure of Holmes and Watson as they investigate everything from jewel thieves to assassins.

I found these stories intriguing and compelling. I very much enjoyed the perspective in which the stories are told.The stories keep you guessing until the very end. The stories are well-thought out and action packed.

I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to those who like to read mystery, action, and suspense.
Adam Webber
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully well crafted set of Sherlock Holmes short stories. Having never read a book about Sherlock Holmes I bought this on a whim, a whim that didn't disappoint. The proper use of English in the interaction between Holmes and Watson was endearing and the adventures mysterious, overall being a great introduction to the genre that I'll be visiting again soon!
Latoya Godwin
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love a little bit of mystery, and this volume definitely has it. Sherlock Holmes and and Doctor Watson are a great team as they do what they do best, work together. The author does an excellent job of drawing the reader in, and keeping the reading wondering whats going to happen next. I must say I was impressed with the story line of the book. I love the set up, great read!
Rima
Mar 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Gave up. Total crap. I noticed that the five star reviews were by people who said they never liked the Sherlock Holmes stories. That makes sense now. I'm sure Mrs. Hudson would be very surprised to know that Holmes had hired a "serving woman, Mrs. Quigley" to answer her door.
Pennie
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
kelly
Jul 21, 2014
Caroline Anastasia Mccaskill
Jul 23, 2014
Born: Catherine Cartawick.
Pennie Mae Cartawick is a best selling author of both fiction and nonfiction books. Her work is based on a variety of subjects including weight management and nutrition, recipe books, horror novelettes, and short Sherlock Holmes mysteries.
She was born in the city of Sheffield in South Yorkshire, England and emigrated to Florida in 1993.

Sherlock Holmes (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Case of the missing Mayan Codices (Sherlock Holmes #1)
  • The Case of the Cracked Mirror (Sherlock Holmes)
  • A Strange Affair with the Woman on the Tracks (Sherlock Holmes)
  • The Heist (Sherlock Holmes)
  • Mystery Chronicles of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Curse of a Native (Sherlock Holmes)
  • The Game of Cat and Mouse (Sherlock Holmes)
  • In Murders on the Voyage to India (Sherlock Holmes)
  • The Hex of a Gypsy Woman (Sherlock Holmes)
  • Season Tickets to a Crime Carnival (Sherlock Holmes)