Start by marking “A Strange Day” as Want to Read:
A Strange Day

A Strange Day

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Skipping school to buy a Cure album, Miles arrives at Media Play parking lot waiting for the store to open. Here he meets Anna, who skipped classes with the same agenda. A free spirit, Anna decides to bring introverted Miles out of his black-clad shell. An original comic about alienation, kindred spirits, friendship, and the lessons they learn.
Published February 22nd 2005 by Alternative Comics

To ask other readers questions about A Strange Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Strange Day

Sooraya Evans
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
For unknown reasons, I didn't want to like this book at first.
Maybe because the beginning seemed mundane.
Maybe because the artwork wasn't at all impressive.
But the connection between Miles and Anna was just too sweet.
Highly unrealistic. Too good to be true. Yada... Yada... But sweet.
Their conversation about old mall-walkers reminded me of a recent episode of Better Call Saul :)
mathilda_craft
Jun 05, 2008 rated it liked it
A very light read I happended upon while browsing through the library. I'm so glad my local library started importing comics and manga (as well as videos, dvds, and cds). I never thought I'd actually like this much.

It reminds me of things I always wanted to do when I was a teenager (skipping school, that is; going driving; skinny dipping; the works). Nothing grand slam by any means. Just simple sentiment.
HeavyReader
Jul 13, 2009 rated it liked it
This is s sweet graphic novel story about two teenagers skipping school and waiting to buy the new CD by The Cure. The Cure isn't the only thing these folks have in common, and it's fun to see them learn about each other.

It was a really quick read; I read the whole thing over breakfast. I definitely enjoyed it.

(And I'm super excited by the fact the art was done by a woman!)
Ruby
Feb 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: graphic novel & Cure lovers, 80's teens
What a cute, triumphant story! Brings back memories of high school. Never thought I'd re-feel those emotions with a sense of nostalgia.

The art does a great job of conveying adolescence, too. The characters are not sloppy, but certainly a little gangly.
Jayde BEERS
Jan 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I found this book a bit strange but in a good way. I like how the characters weren't done up to be sexy and that they just felt real. All in all it was pretty cute and I do recommend it for ppl looking for a story that's just there.
Ann
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A comic book based on a Cure song... Need I say more, friends?
P.
Apr 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, yyay
cute. short. wish it came with a Cure soundtrack/download code for a Cure soundtrack.
Jade
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This just makes me smile.
Marissa
Aug 06, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
Cute little comic book about two teenagers relating to each other through their overwhelming love for the Cure. And really, who doesn't love the Cure?
Clementine
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
So cute! Reminded me of my teen days, however it ended before it should have. :-(
Harry Doble
Nov 23, 2014
Ilfan Akbar
Jun 25, 2016
Paolo Jose
Apr 19, 2012
O.
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh, kinda boring story, cliche youth love story.
Emma
Nov 19, 2017
Steve Bauman
Jan 02, 2012
Ed
Aug 26, 2011
Emily
Jun 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Sweet. This is the kind of thing I always wanted to have happen to me when I was in high school.
Alan Grier
Jan 25, 2011
Tatiana
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Karlyn
Oct 07, 2007
Peanuts
Sep 09, 2013
Sonaksha
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
What a strange experience reading this. The quick pace and the nosy conversations of adolescence came rushing back. That 'hoity-toity I know everything' attitude combined with the 'don’t care’ expressions perfectly sum up adolescence. Though the illustrations and particularly swirly hand lettering style weren’t something I’d usually go for, I loved how well they worked with the story, lyrics and characters. Also have to mention how it took me down the memory lane when we actually lined up outsid ...more
Kelly
Jan 15, 2008
Daniel Milaschewski
Sep 25, 2015
Tim
rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2015