Start by marking “United (The United Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
United (The United Trilogy #1)

United

(The United Trilogy #1)

United America runs like a machine. Everyone has a job and a purpose to make the country run smooth and efficiently. Nothing is left up to chance. The people are under constant monitoring for the good of the Country. After careful consideration every citizen is given their career at the age of sixteen. "Rosaline, come now!" ordered President Vaughn. Sixteen-year-old Rosali ...more
Published June 22nd 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about United, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about United

Start your review of United (The United Trilogy #1)
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

The United States of America has fallen after civilian protest and riots and out of the ashes rises the new and improved United America. In a world where all crimes are controlled with strict laws and punishment that keeps everyone from acting out and cause trouble and it also keeps the people safe and happy.

In the new and improved United America all citizens are watched from the day they are brought
Ginger Snaps
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Jaci Wheeler was so generous to provide a copy of her United trilogy to my 16 year old son, who loves to read. I'm going to let him take over and leave his review of the trilogy here:

Hi, my name is Haven and I'm 16 years old. Thank you Miss Jaci for giving me your books to read. This series really touched my heart in a way that most books don't, and I read a lot of books.
The two main characters are Rosaline (Rose) and Wesley. They aren't from the same family but they are best
Coco.V
Sep 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/13/2019)! 🎁
Jessica Zelkovich
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing book one to what will become a trilogy. After America has an uprising, a new order is created reminiscent of books like the Giver. The new society appears peaceful and above all, United, unlike the previous America. Rosaline is a young girl who has been watched and groomed for her future role but will her role in this society keep it running as is or will she become a driving force for necessary change? A good read with good world building and character development. Absolutely love he ...more
Shelle Perry
Roz Thatcher is a typical 16 year girl for her time and world. She, along with best friends Wes and Molly, are about to be matched with their jobs, and then sent on their way into adulthood. Roz has always known that her job would be chosen for her based on her strengths, for the good of the country, however when she is chosen to be the next president, she enters a world she never dreamed existed.

Upon taking on her new responsibilities she discovers that every citizen is watched and
Bec
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed United, the first book in the trilogy, it was a great dystopian. To start with I thought I was going to be similar to The Giver, with the assigned job roles given to young people, but it was quite different. Roz takes well to her new role as the President - seems her biggest issue is getting people comfortable enough to call her Roz rather than Miss President. She has some great ideas and within her first month in the role initiates some new Acts. I love the relationships Roz ha ...more
Emma Bradley
I wanted this book to be good, but it did very little for me. The story feels like one long first act (maybe a little more but not much). There’s no real conflict until the last chapter because the main character has the power to fix anything she doesn’t like. And the characters are weak because everything we know about them is stated by other characters. People are always telling you what Roz is like, how good she is, and sure you can see it, but never without the narrative point it out.
Glenda Dykstra
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

Taking. Future variable and changing the outcome. Wonderful. Much like Divergent and Mockingjay, it shows a strong female lead while allowing the reader to see that she relies on others without being weak. Roz could be a leader to think about and with Wes and Molly helping, the whole premise the society is built on could actually work.
Maghon Thomas
I'm very upset right now... Because I can't have book two in this instant!! Lol you thought I was gunna say cuz it was bad. No no, this book is great! I loved the relationships and story line the author created! I'm seriously dying for the next book. I see that they are being republished and getting new covers so hopefully I won't have to wait too long. Now let me tell you a few goodies.

Roz seems like a normal girl. She wants to follow rules and get a good career from her government and live a
Kimberly Vanderbloom
This book was recommended to me by a friend.

I'm always on a hunt to find a ya dystopian that makes me fall back in love with the genre. I just found it. It gets back to the basics of the reason why I love this genre. I just can't get over how much I loved it. I think I may shout from the rooftop. For me it ranks in the top 5 dystopian I have read.

This book begins by giving a description of how the world as we know it collapsed. It seems possible. Then we find out how the
Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller)
I find myself a bit torn on this story and the overall rating of it. Let's get to the good things first. The book starts off extremely well with a nice pace and a very interesting storyline. The author does an amazing job at building her world. You are given the back story of how the United States fell and how United America came about. There was a lot of thought put into how this dystopian society functioned and I enjoyed the overall breakdown.

The characters are nicely thought out a
Jennifer Ellis
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a way this book is a dystopian book. It takes place after a civil war in which the people of the United States rose up against the corrupt government. Millions of lives were lost and the capital was destroyed. However the country was rebuilt into a utopia called United America. It is closed off from the rest of the world and completely self sufficient and Eco friendly. Every child is watched from birth and at the age of 16 is placed into their perfect job and given the choice to go to univers ...more
Yvonne Davies
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
This book in set in the future after the USA was in turmoil. A group of idealist got together to form a better life and United America was born. At sixteen each child had to choose what path they wanted to follow, either University or Labour. Once decided they were put into the job that they Ministry thought what was best. The story is about Roz who at 16 is announced as the next President. Taking on this role at a young age she has a lot of prejudice to overcome and a lot to learn but she doesn ...more
Leslie M.
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The United States of America crumbled under civilian protests and riots. A new America, United America, arose from the rubble. In this new country, basic needs, including work, food, healthcare, and shelter, are provided for everyone. This is the only world sixteen-year-old Rosaline (“Roz”) Thatcher and her friends, Wes and Molly, have ever known. They are preparing to learn their future.

When they turn sixteen, all citizens of United America are informed of their chosen career path.
Melissa
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I throughly enjoyed this book. I found the story carried me swiftly into its hold, I could not put it down.
United was taken place with the downfall of United States, then carries the new ways that revived and rebuilt the country. With new leaders, new rules, new boundaries comes a story of how one country chooses to rebuild and within its new rules can the new generation carrying forth the foundation that was built by the founders.
This story brings you into the lives of many interesting charac
Tricia Hardesty
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

I really enjoyed this book. Jack Wheeler really is making a new United States in her book an to me t this point I would love to move straight to this amazing place. Secrets start to come out the further Roz gets in to her new position as President. There are parts of this nation that no one knows about and by keeping the council secret it all comes down on the President and Roz is about to shake everything up!!! With the help of her closest friends Roz is determined to make thus the bes
Portlandgirl
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the people rose up against the corrupt government of the United States a new order was restored. United America. Society seems to thrive under this new order. Every child is watched at birth and at the age of 16 is placed into their perfect job or has the opportunity to go to University. Rosaline is groomed for her future job but will her position change the United and everything the government has worked for? Great characters and amazing sidekicks. Wes her BFF deserves his own book. Great ...more
Amanda Lindsey Bursting Bookshelf Blog
I loved everything about this book! It starts out like a normal book with a high school 16 year old point of view. But then life takes an unexpected turn at the job ceremony for the main character Roz. She has a unique relationship with her guy best friend Wes. United America is literally a whole new world with a big brother aspect. I loved the entire idea behind the story. You'll have to read it to find out what happens next. I loved the characters and the relationships that are built. I can'tw ...more
Lori Hammons
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. On my way after writing this to get the other 2 books. I love the concept of the world created for this story. Young people have such fresh imaginations and Roz and Wesley are intelligent and compassionate, so their imaginations are put to good use in their positions upon turning sixteen, making changes in their country. OMG...I just love Wesley. He could give Sheldon Cooper a run for his idiosyncrasies!
Susan  Morton
United, the first book of the United Trilogy by author Jaci Wheeler, is the first in a series of an amazingly fresh series! Rosaline and her partners in crime simple jump off the page with life as they discover that massive state surveillance has found them worthy to lead the country. The story of young President Rosaline and her friends is suitable -- and enjoyable -- for tweens and middle graders.
Doris
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snark, sass, and work ethic!

I loved reading this!
Roz is the type of character that I want as my friend!
She's snarky, and knows just how to blend life and fun to keep it interesting.
I really enjoy the story and I have to know what the OC is all about!
Roz is going to make some serious changes I am sure!! I'm wondering what The Council is getting at for sure! Stinky Peter is up to something I am sure of it!!!! She should have hugged him.
Love!!
Dowie
Deana
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopian
A dystopian reminiscent of The Giver but far less satisfying. The book had a nice baseline story, but the characters were flat, the action unbelievable and the editing very poor; it reminds me of something my gifted middle school students could have written. Glad this was a free Amazon one. However, being the sucker I am for dystopian trilogies, I will be reading parts two and three since they are also free at Amazon.
Joe Charles
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and am very excited to read the remaining two. Wes is my favorite character EVER!!!!! I wish I had a friend like him, or Roz for that matter. I would say that this story remind me of The Giver, but with real interpersonal relationships and struggles. An optimistic dysptopian with heart! I appreciate when authors leave me wanting more and I can't wait to see what happens to resolve the killer cliffhanger! Well done Ms. Wheeler, keep it up!
Fleur
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, the thought of some teenager taking over as President seems crazy at first but when you think of someone coming in with fresh eyes and not having been influenced by too many of lifes experiences it actually is quiet logical!

I really enjoyed how there were moments when Roz as well as her friends were just who they are ie teenagers !

Looking forward to getting stuck into book 2 :)
Jan farnworth
This book ended up with a 3 star review from me as the concept for the story was excellent but the delivery fell rather flat and dry. The only major excitement for me was at the end and that when i really perked up but then the book was over and felt really let down that all these rather mundane events happened and then the major plot interest was thrown in at the very end.
megan wykle
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world as we know it has disintegrated in this young adult dystopian fantasy. Roz only wants what best for her people. She is wonderful leader who wants to defy the new normal.
The author has created a well written imaginative world. It has well developed characters.I can't wait to read book two.

I received this this book in exchange for an honest review.
Sharon
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Ebook writers may be the death of proper grammar! Proofreading would have gotten this 4 stars. The story is good but there are so many errors that it detracts from the story. "Queue" means to stand in line; "cue" means a signal. Get it right. The story is geared toward young adults.
Candice
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a story that was. It was very intense. Has a lot of things to keep your mind busy thinking. I wish our world was like this in the book i can see how it would be so much better. You can tell that's it's a good book cause it makes you wish it were true.
Bridgett Brown
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fast paced, wonderfully new, exciting story! I can not wait for the rest of the story of Roz and all her companions! I don't want to give anything away but the main character is very strong. This was a great start to a series
Laura Watson
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. This was a great story that kept me entertained. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters were great. This was my first read by this author and it will certainly not be my last.

• Plaguesville, USA
  • The Grower's Gift (Progeny of Time #1)
  • Raft People
  • One Man's Island
  • Cracked Earth (The Journal, #1)
  • Lit (The Alt Apocalypse #2)
  • Voyage (Powerless Nation, #2)
  • Rotter World
  • Grayfall (Outzone Drifter Series, #2)
  • Irradiated (The Tunnel Trilogy, #1)
  • Deluge of the Dead  (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #3)
  • Rise
  • Dead Tide (Dead Tide #1)
  • Slow Burn
  • Switched On (The Borrowed World #6)
  • Dead Meat
  • Winter Fall
  • Sunrise (The Daylight Cycle, #2)

The United Trilogy (3 books)
  • Divided (The United Trilogy, #2)
  • Aligned (United Trilogy #3)