Start by marking “Five-Point Play: The Story of Duke's Amazing 2000-2001 Championship Season” as Want to Read:
Five-Point Play: The Story of Duke's Amazing 2000-2001 Championship Season

Five-Point Play: The Story of Duke's Amazing 2000-2001 Championship Season

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  152 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The story of Duke University's 2000-2001 championship basketball season is one of a young inexperienced team, insurmountable odds, and the visionary coach that brought them to victory.
Published November 1st 2001 by Warner Books

To ask other readers questions about Five-Point Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five-Point Play

Connor Plunkett
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five-Point Play ,by Mike Krzyzewski, is a excellent story of a team that in the face of adversity was able to stick together and become more than National Champions. Viewed as one of the best basketball coaches to ever live, Coach K gives you an inside look into his locker room that has never been seen before. This book gives the reader the ability to understand just what makes Coach K such great coach. From his motivational techniques to his game time strategy you will be amazed by what goes th ...more
David Ward
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: north-carolina
Five Point Play: The Story of Duke's Amazing 2000-2001 Championship Season by Mike Krzyzewski (Warner Books 2001)(796.32363). This is the story of the 2001 national championship season when the Blue Devils, led by Shane Battier and Jason Williams, beat Arizona for the national crown. This was also the year that I saw the most improbable comeback of all time by Duke: at Maryland, Duke came back from ten points down with 51 seconds to go to force overtime and win the game. My rating: 7/10, finishe ...more
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this because it described everything that the team and coaching staff did. It also described their feelings and emotions very well, especially when the team was down or not doing good coach K described what it was like for them and everything they went through. It shared what everyone thought about each other which was very interesting. My favorite part was when they were in the NCAA tournament because there was so much excitement. I recommend this to any body that likes basketbal ...more
Philip Jon
Mar 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
This is an okay book recalling Duke University's 2001 NCAA Championship run. The writing style is bearable, but the book itself is full of platitudes and cliches. I didn't find the book particularly inspiring. However, it is an easy read and while I would obviously recommend this book more to Duke basketball fans or Dick Vitale, NCAA fans in general will enjoy this book that gives you some insight into Coach K and his how his philosophy extends beyond the court and into real life.
Logan Wolf
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Five-Point Play was a great book about Dukes 2000-2001 Championship season. They have many ups and downs including leaving their correct uniforms at home. At some points the book was a little boring and slow but when he was describing the games it felt like he was coaching me. I really enjoyed reading this book and I think others would like it too.
Jun 17, 2007 rated it really liked it
An amazing look at the mental and social aspects of coaching. This book focuses on Duke's 2000-2001 season, with the ups and downs facing Coach K and his players in their championship run. For more than just basketball fans.
Jason Yarborough
Mar 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Collective Responsibility, Communication, Caring, Pride, and Trust. I think some of those might be redundant...
Ela Period
Nov 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ela-9-period5
I almost cried when I met Coach K at an Army/Duke football game. He is my hero.
Dequan Cade
Jun 03, 2009 is currently reading it
i think the book is good .Basketball is my passion so i like the book

I dont know why im reading this book considering im a north carolina fan and duke is our arch rivals

GO TAR HEEELS!!!!!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
basketball 1 3 Jun 03, 2009 09:00AM
  • A March to Madness: A View from the Floor in the Atlantic Coast Conference
  • A Coach's Life
  • Coaching the Mental Game: Leadership Philosophies and Strategies for Peak Performance in Sports--And Everyday Life
  • The Miracle of St. Anthony: A Season with Coach Bob Hurley and Basketball's Most Improbable Dynasty
  • It's Not about the Truth: The Untold Story of the Duke Lacrosse Case and the Lives It Shattered
  • InSideOut Coaching: How Sports Can Transform Lives
  • The Life You Imagine: Life Lessons for Achieving Your Dreams
  • My Personal Best: Life Lessons from an All-American Journey
  • When the Game Stands Tall, Special Movie Edition: The Story of the De La Salle Spartans and Football's Longest Winning Streak
  • More than a Game
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
  • Blue Blood: Duke-Carolina: Inside the Most Storied Rivalry in College Hoops
  • Second Coming: The Strange Odyssey Of Michael Jordan  From Courtside To Home Plate And Back Again
  • Season of Life: A Football Star, a Boy, a Journey to Manhood
  • The City Assembled
  • The Man Who Swam the Amazon: 3,274 Miles on the World's Deadliest River
  • The Shark Chronicles: A Scientist Tracks the Consummate Predator
  • Volcano Cowboys: The Rocky Evolution of a Dangerous Science
Mike Krzyzewski has been the basketball coach of the Duke Blue Devils for twenty-seven years, winning three NCAA championships and twelve national Coach of the Year awards. He is revered and respected by sports fans and business leaders everywhere. Coach K. lives with his family in Durham, North Carolina.
More about Mike Krzyzewski...