Start by marking “Secrets of Zynpagua: Return of the Princess” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Zynpagua: Return of the Princess

Secrets of Zynpagua: Return of the Princess

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The Moon Is Calling: Read the Stars! This is a story of a cursed land called Zynpagua. Not many years ago, Zynpagua was a part of the Earth. It was ruled by King Soto and Queen Sussaina. The queen possessed supernatural powers, which she used to bring happiness and prosperity to her people. Zynpagua thus was a very happy land. But an evil eye was watching it. It was the ey ...more
Published June 20th 2014 by Partridge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Zynpagua, please sign up.
Ilika Ranjan Dear Em,

The third book Secrets of Zynpagua: Birth of Mystery child is releasing in the last week of October.
Thank you soooo much!!

Gehna
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kids!!
2.5 stars rounded up to 3!!

This book wasn't bad. Not bad at all. But it is only meant for kids, I guess. it had all the elements a Children's book should have, but it lacked the execution and placement of its magical and paranormal elements. This book had a lot of loopholes, and hence I found it to be a little incomplete.

The book is about a cursed land, Zynpagua, where the evil king Drudan rules. The real Princess of the kingdom is in India. Her brother comes to take her to her land, so that s
Nishtha
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fine read. The plot was riveting. Amazing characters and story. Exhilarating and exciting.

Sarath Babu
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book has been written excellently well by the author. I would say this is pretty apt for kids though adults may also read it and tell the story to their kids, niece, nephew.

This is the first installment of the series and there is another part after this. I am sure once you finish reading this you would be waiting for the release of the next book.

To me, this book was going through a fantasy world combining the movies of Avatar and Harry Potter along with Lord of the Rings though this differs
Jayashree R
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: my friends childern
As it is rightly said, First things first! I would like to thank you Ilika, for extending your book for a read!

The book starts with a thanks to so many many people... and me being a person that likes to read a book from page 1 to page "The end".. just had to go through the whole(rather seemed very long and could have been crispier)... however I did feel one thing... putting up year of born, etc.. would not be a good thing in this cyber cruel world... just not safe to put such an important piece
Harshita Nair
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Secret of Zynpagua: Return of the Princes" is a nice read, with a sort of fantasy and mysterious elements throughout.

I liked two characters, Femina and Anika; Femina the most, as the girl is brave enough to fight against the evil.

Zynpagua, the cursed dark planet, is a very interesting setting for the story. All the characters have different supernatural powers. The author's creativity in developing the situations and characters are appreciable.

The beginning, before all characters are presented,
Kalyan Panja
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The reader can approach the novel with two different approaches and can choose to read a story that will entertain pleasantly for a few hours, thanks to its irony, the original and bizarre characters or may prefer a deeper reading, taking a few steps to better observe what is going on and find out the irony hides the fear and that the lies are a way to avoid facing the truth, and that reality needs a lot of courage. A novel for teenagers, lighthearted and touching at the same time.
Sahil
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

I really loved the story! Great effort by the author. The book had me hooked on to it from the first chapter and I couldn't put it down till the end! Really amusing interpretations and explanations as well - I'm sure that if I enjoyed reading this so much, children would love it too!
Aishwarya
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in good reads first reads give away.
A good story! The author is indeed gifted in her ability to convey the story in a way that kids can imagine and understand. It had thrill, suspense, disappointment and happiness. Really liked it!
Phani Raj
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I got this book as the part of goodreads giveaway.

It was a pleasant read.

There were few loopholes in the story due to which only 4 stars.
Mansi
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Secrets of Zynpagua is a very exciting and adventurouss book to read , speacially for kids. the author Ilika Ranjan have really written it with a lot of imagination and have come up with a very intresting topic. All characters have been magicaly described and very convincing. A very creative story have been written.I would encourage you to read it.
Em
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Both the books are amazing!!! These books deserve a medal or somthing... The adventures of Anika, Vivian, Femina, Leo and Fredrick are too good. This series is a must read for anyone who likes Fantasy, Adventure and obviously a LOT OF FUN!!!
P.shreya
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most fairytales follow the concept of “the damsel in distress” where the princess needs to be rescued, but here in Zynpagua, it is the princess who has to rescue her kingdom. This book takes the readers on a journey into Zynpagua’s world of fantasy, adventure and mystery; and has many lyrical prophecies. It aims at getting children and young adults to get back in the habit of reading fiction. In fact, a few publishers had rejected the book saying that, nowadays, children are not into reading fai ...more
Sushmita Keeliputti
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: supriya k
Recommended to Sushmita by: shreya
Secrets of zynpagua: Return of the Princess

By- Ilika Ranjan

This is a really amazing book. In this book, every page unfolds a mystery, which has been skilfully mixed with the story to render a wonderful read to the readers. Readers like me, would love reading this book as it is very thrilling and adventurous. Ilika ranjan has presented the story very beautifully. The language in the book used, would help children improve in their command over the language.

This story tells us about a cursed land
Anamica
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaway-reads
The 10 year old little girl who saved ZYNPAGUA and her family of Zynpagua.

**** I received this book as a giveaway from the author******

She would rise, From the coyness of her existence, To let the world shine with brilliance,To challenge the stones, the stars, the air, and the clouds,To clean the muck her people would never be proud,Yes, my girl will return to question Drudan for his crime, And give back the most beautiful time.
A Read to Review by Ilika Ranjan (via Goodreads.com): Thankyou for t
Riddhi Joshi
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A day will come
when the Moon will be milky white.
The Sun,Venus and Mars will be ready to fight
to destroy the shadow
And rescue our mother.
You can do it, no other.
Impress Sun,Venus and Mars.
They are eager to use their powers.
Our freedom lies in the hands of stars.
They will shower their blessings like flowers....

Hola amiga!
Remember we met at crossword in the month of January?
You told us; labdhi n me to attend the mono play of your book but for some school work we could not. Apologies for that. R
Shwetha H.S.
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
This book is a refreshing break from other books that deal with complicated and materialistic adult life. Ilika Ranjan has shown that Indian authors too can take on writing fiction for children by simply swirling their own magic wands called pen. The colourful and well-illustrated cover and a character introduction card with a lined up pictures of all the main characters on it and the best part is it can be used as a bookmark too.

Secrets of Zynpagua: Return of the Princess is the first book in t
Doctor
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ostensibly written for children, this fantasy is a success in its objective.Characters like Anika, Sussaina and Leo are people with magical powers/gifted powers.They are pitted against a scientific giant who uses his findings for destructive purposes, for defeating his enemies, and for building his dictatorial empire:"I hate to see people laugh in my kingdom. Only I have the right to laugh." (P.94).In their effort to counter the evil designs of Drudan, they get the help and blessings of nature, ...more
Ananya Jain
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
The secrets of zympagua is a pretty good novel and a treat to read for children.
It's the story about the adventure of a girl Anika who at the age of 10 finds out that she is the daughter of King Soto and Queen Sussaina who ruled the kingdom of Zynpagua. But an evil scientist named Drudan created fatal violet rays that separated Zynpagua from Earth making it a cursed land.
Now it's up to her to revive the curse and save her mother.
The poems and characters are interesting and inculcate great values
Mounika Lakkakula
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: give-aways
First of all,I won this book throught Goodreads First Reads.I'm thanksful to the zynpagua team for sending me this wonderful book.I enjoyed reading this book.All the character s have been wonderfully described and the plot too is great.The entire book enchants us to completely read it over and again for nearly...many times.And Last,me Mounika loved Anika a lot.So cute and determined..Absolutely wonderful story
Megha Goyal
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
****** FIRST READS WINNER ******

Secrets of Zynpagua is the gorgeous and magical story of 10-year old princess trying to save her family and kingdom from the clutches of evil. It fills one's heart with fear, love and valour.

The author's writing style is exceptional and keeps you intrigued.

A great work... Must Read....
Swati
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AN innocent interesting plot woven with great care for Indian values with the inclusion of right principles and Shlokas and based on the concept of regards for the planetay neighbours. A book all kids would enjoy!
Manpreet Bhamra
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wonderful book for kids....the author is indeed gifted in her ability to convey the story in a way that kids can imagine and understand.Takes you back to your childhood days when simple and innocent stories kept children entertained. Loved it!
Saravanan Pandi
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book "Secrets of Zynpagua: Return of the Princess" is definitely for kids. Kids would definitely love this fantasy story. Parents can read this book to their children before going to bed.

At the end when you finish reading this book, you would get an urge to read this books sequel.
Sagar Shirodkar
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you for the author and GoodReads for the book.

Just to sum it up and keep the review simple

I just wished this was released a few years ago, would have loved it more as a teenager :)
Great read
Shaaer
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book through first-reads. Thannks Ilika & Goodreads.
This is a nice read and invokes the very child in an adult. Good work.
Mutturaj
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, first-reads, other
Grate Read! must read for all the children and Adults for children.
Aman Mittal
Jun 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Secrets of Zynpagua: Return of the Princess by Ilika Ranjan was a fun read for me. The book is meant for children or early teenagers and in their perspective it is quite a good read. It has all elements of a children’s book and I would to has more than the elements.

The book is about Zyanpagua, a fantasy land separated from Earth where an evil king regulates who has captured the queen of Zyanpagua with his magic and has vanished the king, again with the help of his magic whom he calls violet. Th
Amit Mishra
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
**** I received this book as a giveaway from the author******

It was after many years, that I have read a book with pictures in it.

The story happens at a place called Zynpagua and follows the attempts of a group of kids and teenagers, to get rid of the evil there.

I was very exited to read the premise of the book, but found that the actual story is little more than what the premise says. The author seemed to be in a lot of hurry to get the characters , and so we do not see a proper development of
Anand Koppar
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
The book is not extra ordinary as such. The story is unique and can be compared to the Harry Potter series. But there are way too many repetitions and the author goes around in circles explaining the same thing again and again. It becomes a tad cumbersome to read the middle part of the book.
But still its a good book for children to read, to understand the basics of Spanish and to enjoy the story.
krysh skylar
Mar 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The book was okayish , maybe i'd have enjoyed it more if i was a kid!
« previous 1 3 next »
The author, Ilika Ranjan is an MBA from Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune-India, an ex banker and an entrepreneur. Secrets of Zynpagua: Return of the Princess is her second book.

Her debut book ‘Puppet on the Fast track, is a satire on the multinational banks.

Ilika Ranjan has proved her fascination for fantasy by creating' Secrets of Zynpagua: Return of the Princess'.

The book is

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
  • We'll Always Have Paris: Stories
  • The Hidden Flower
  • Greyhound
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Take Two (Above the Line, #2)
  • The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances
  • Where We Belong
    $5.99 $1.49
  • Cashelmara
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
  • The Sisterhood of Blackberry Corner
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Gates of Rome (Emperor, #1)
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things