Start by marking “Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1)” as Want to Read:
Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1)

Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  23,155 Ratings  ·  2,016 Reviews
Nikolai Leokov never thought he'd fall in love with the only girl he's ever befriended.

Valentina Tomic has issues with commitment after the ultimate betrayal.

When Tina decides to make broody Nik's day better, she never thought she would end up friends with the hard man.

Nik has never had a woman be so affectionate to him without expecting something in return.

Nik and Tin
Published 2014 (first published April 12th 2013)

Lisa
May 21, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I stare at her, a frown forming at my mouth.

Did I…? Did I just get Friend-zoned?

I look over again to see Tina nodding vigorously and smiling brightly.

Wow, this has never happened to me before.

Friend-zoned by Belle Aurora is a funny, charming, sweet, romantic, steamy book with an array of wonderful characters and a delightful HEA.

Nikolai Leokov:

Angels must have broken out in song when this man was born. I feel like breaking out in song. He is so handso
Rachel
Jan 29, 2014 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I GIVE! I SURRENDER! I can't take it anymore!

UGH! Okay here's a list:

1. The writing is juvenile. Seriously.

2. The MC cries over everything, slut shames, and acts ridiculous. She feels like a teenager and is supposed to be 28. Also, she's supposed to have lost her daughter, and I just don't feel that at all. It feels like a plot device, which is all it is.

3. Nik is a woman with a penis. Enough said.

4. This quote: "When Mimi told me she was bi-sexual I was shocked. She didn't look the type. Don't
Christy
Jul 23, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Lets Be Friends stars!!!!
 photo cad5d151-a524-415b-bffe-d33d7eeed505_zpsc557c664.jpg

After all the intense, emotional books I’ve read lately, I needed a pick me up- a feel good read... this had some touching and emotional moments, but overall it was hilarious, charming, sweet, sexy and EXACTLY what I needed!

Tina is a store owner in NYC. After a heartbreaking few years in California, she wanted a fresh start. Tina is funny, sweet, loving and kind. A fabulous heroine.

Nik owns the club across the street from Tina’s store. He is oh so sexy! Tina notic
Belle Aurora
Hey there,
I won't be reviewing my own work but ask that you take a minute after you read Friend-zoned to leave an honest review.
Thanks so much for your support.
Love,

Belle x
Jill
Jun 02, 2013 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jill by: Jen

"So we can be friends, right?"
I stare at her, a frown forming at my mouth.
Did I...? Did I just get Friend-zoned?

Funny, cute, well-written.

Here's my friend, Jen's wonderful review with actual words, and she says everything that I think of this one.

Thanks Jen!
Lisa Jayne
4 STARS.

description

"Did I ... ? Did I just get friend - zoned?"

There was plenty to love about 'Friend zoned' in fact for the first 55% I had that feeling of 'best book of 2013', but unfortunately this went a little south around the 60% mark and I felt a little conflicted about my initial love for the book, I think my main issue was the differing story lines, was I reading a light weight romance, or action suspense story? Nevertheless I would definitely recommend 'Friend -Zoned' to those that love chick l
Pearl Angeli
(Buddyread with Allie. Check out her full review. :))

Friend-Zoned is one of those books you would gladly read for pleasure. It's hilarious and practically delightful. Belle Aurora laced this book with humor and pure entertainment that readers will surely laugh out loud.

This book is actually a decent NA read. But while I didn't hate it or anything, it left quite me unsatisfied because I was expecting something different. I loved the story. The plot was simple and interesting but I wasn't convince
Didi
I tend to love friends to lovers stories. They're so honest and relatable if ever you found yourself in a similar situation from times past.

But, I didn't love this one.

To be honest, I actually contemplated shelving it about 65% in. Why?

Tina. It was all Tina's fault, hehe!

The plot was cool. The secondary characters were cool, especially Ghost. There was just something about him. I found myself wanting to know his story and luckily book #2 will be about him and Natalie--if I decide to read it-- Bu
Catarina
5 Friend-Zoned Stars!

Tina is a broken girl who tries to see the good in everything. So when trough the glass of her store she can see her handsome but broody neighbor that never smiles, she knows that she has to do something. So she sends him candy and a note. Eventually he finds out who she is and they form some kind of friendship. Being a broken girl who refused to give her heart again she only wants friendship with him. But one his past gets in the way and they get closer, maybe friendship i
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Yes I did finish this, because clearly miracles actually happen!

description

What the fuck did I just read, someone please explain to me how the fuck so many people gave this book 5 stars. The only reasoning I can come to is that they were drunk and on some really trippy drugs because this was just a whole load of stupid.

This heroine is supposed to be 28?! Really? I mean REALLY? I thought she was 12 because this bitch was the most immature character I have ever read about. I wanted to slap her so hard her w
Jen
"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"

A funny, not to mention SEXY, friends to lovers story gets me every damned time. Tina and Nik were so perfect together, from the moment she meets him by sending him candy wax lips in the hopes she'd finally see him smile until their eventual HEA. Luckily there's a large and entertaining set of supporting characters that managed to add to the story rather than convoluting it.

"Ceecee, we are ladies and princesses, and we do not say b i t c
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Clap your hands, plastic lips and penis Tetris...

None of which will make sense until you read Friend-Zoned, but I'm giddy. Slap your ass giddy! Hallelujah, amen a book that finally killed insta-love with sexual tension. A book that knows how to make us wait, tease us, draw it out, tickle our fancy. By the way "Fancy" is the name of my....never mind.

Sexual tension is the elixir of life, the nectar of the gods...a smooth shot of tequila!! My thirst has been quenched. Nik and Tina's sexually charg
Stephanie
The amount of great reviews for this book is mind-boggling. Is this the first book all these 4 and 5-star reviewers have ever read and, thus, they don't know any better? Are all of these 4 and 5-star reviewers naive 11-year olds?

DNF at page 61 and here are the reasons why:
1. Simplistic and juvenile writing (and that's me being kind because it was pretty crappy) that read like bad fanfiction. The constant switching between POVs didn't help with this either and I usually love dual POVs;
2. Horribl
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 28, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

Friend Zoned brought out so many emotions in me. This book was quirky and funny, sad and tragic, action packed and exciting.

Tina Tomic is the owner of Safira clothing store. She left her life in California for a new start two years ago. While looking out her store window, she notices the gorgeous owner of The White Rabbit night club across the street Nikolai Leokov taking smoke breaks.

Tina works with two great girls, Lola and Meems. Her best friend, Nan is expected to move in with her and star
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

♥♥♥ 4 Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I stare at her, a frown forming at my mouth.
Did I…? Did I just get Friend-zoned?
I look over again to see Tina nodding vigorously and smiling brightly.
Wow, this has never happened to me before.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book was so awesome! It had a little bit of everything. I think it's the perfect book if you don't want a read that has over the top angst. I
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
3.5-4 stars

So...

This book started off totally awesome!
I was ecstatic! It reminded me so much of Wallbanger because it was just so funny.

Valentina (Tina) and Nikolai (Nik) are neighbours.
Not literally but Tina their businesses are opposite each other.

Tina owns a clothing store and Nik owns a club across the road.
Tina sees Nik outside smoking but never smiling or happy so she sends him candy with a note saying he should smile though.
When Tina does something sweet and selfless for Nik he is shocked
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I think I may have encephalitis, because I can't think of any other reason for reading this and not DNF-ing it. It sucked Donkey Kong's pixelated balls.

Let's go over how this sucked:
1. The writing style.
A)It is one of the most annoying and disjointed. Instead of the usual block paragraphs, it's a collection of one or two sentence paragraphs. It's written like a text message conversation most of the time.
B) Beyond overly descriptive and not in a purple prose way. It tells step by step what the
Jamie
Apr 27, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Wow!!! What A Sexy Sweet Story! LOVED IT

I got exactly what I was looking for with this book.. a sweet steamy romance with very little angst, a whole lot of chemistry and steam, a little suspense, and an HEA!! The chemistry between Nik and Tina was amazing and I loved how they started out as friends--even though they were both extreamly attracted to each other from the beginning. Throw in his friends and family and her friends and this book was so much fun! I started this book late Thursday a
Srikari Downey Jr.
EDIT[4/2/15] well I didn't like this as much as my first time. It was too too suger coated!! But I am not going to change my main review, just the rating..

4.5 Stars!
Ahh, the power of candy. Who knew it could be the beginning of something this beautiful?
I actually find this really surprising, I have been reading NA books one after another and each of them ended up disappointing me more and more, but this book! Oh sweet Jesus this book! Its done something to me! It twisted my heart , playe gam
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5 Stars

I want to protect her from everything that’s bad in the world. I want her to need me. But we’re friends. And friends don’t do shit like that.

I love, Love, LOVE friends to lover type stories, and this story is as awesome as it gets. This was so freaking cute! I had such a toothache from smiling so much. OMG, this story has everything: Strong Alpha Hero, a loveable-non-annoying heroine, a wonderful cast of supporting characters (whom I can easily see myself being friends with, too), ton
Shay
Sep 30, 2013 Shay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-read-again
First, I don't think I've ever disagreed more strongly with my book friends than I do about this book!! I also feel that if anyone gives a 1 or 2 star rating, it deserves an explanation. Especially since I've read some of Belle's other work and really loved it!! And I will continue to read her books, I just really didn't like this one and there are several reasons.

1. Too many grammatical errors. This reads like unedited fan fiction. ("date rate drug", "we're" instead of "were", there were others
.Lili.
Jul 22, 2013 .Lili. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Friend-Zoned is the very cute story of Tina and Nik. Tina has been in been in New York for the past couple of years. She's moved there to have a fresh start after having gone through some very painful experiences. While there she has opened her own clothing store and it is while working that she first sees a very sullen Nik take his smoke breaks. Since she hates to see anyone sad, one day she writes him an anonymous note with a piece of candy and that is where our story begins.

Tina and Nik alon
Duchess Nicole
3.5 Stars

The Good:
I loved the author's voice. She has that casual writing style (a la Kristen Ashley) that makes you feel like you're a part of the action, best friends with the girls, and either lusting after the men or wanting them to just be in your vicinity to protect you. The women are quirky as hell, each of them with their own set of wacky one liners and silly idiosyncrasies. It's easy to relate to them, because they actually seem like real people.

Tina owns a clothing boutique and love
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

Ummmmmmm.... So, I thought I was getting one thing but got something completely different. DNF 90% btw.

So why did I DNF this?

Super naive heroine that had my eyes rolling repeatedly✔ Ok I admit it's just not my type of heroine, I found it hard to relate.

Bitchy ex-Girlfriend ✔

"OMG it won't fit" moment ✔ (view spoiler)
Sali
Mar 10, 2013 Sali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I FREAKIN LOVED THIS BOOK !!!!

I don't even know how to explain this to u all !!

IT MADE ME FEEL GOOD !!!
No !!! It made me feel GREAT !!!

This book had EVERYTHING I needed right now :)

It was soooooo freaking cute that I wanted to pinch it's cheeks & blow raspberry's on its tummy !!!!

The cast of characters were refreshing & wonderful !!! Each were unique & individual . The girls were funny & sassy .... They were like a mix between watching a friends tv show & kristen Ashley's ro
Sandy Ⓢ
Una estrella es mucho

Mi siguiente comentario será así...

Lo bueno: Nada, un taaanto entretenida y un taaanto divertida (y en cuanto pasan días de haberlo leído, dejan de ser).

Lo malo: ¡Todo! Estaba entre arrancarme la cabeza o arrancársela a la protagonista. En serio chica, ¡deja de dar saltos y comportarte como niña de 9 años, tienes 28, 2-8! ¡Deos!

Ésta fue una loca lectura, me sentí viendo un capitulo de esas historias de hoy día, puras situaciones sin sentido y personalidades fuera de este mu
Zakirrah BookBlogger
May 23, 2013 Zakirrah BookBlogger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Amazing Stars!!

"Oh. My. God.
He is so handsome"

This book had a little bit of everything in it.I was hooked on it the moment i started reading and yes i stayed up late to finish this book and it was soooo worth it!

It is a story about Tina who has moved from California to New York a few years back to get away from the past that still haunts her she owns a boutique opposite a club called The White Rabbit.
Ivana Azap Feješ
Tina Tomic is the owner of Safira clothing store in NYC. She left her life in California for a new start two years ago. Tina has been in been in New York for the past couple of years. After a heartbreaking few years in California, she wanted a fresh start. She's moved there to have a fresh start after having gone through some very painful experiences. While there she has opened her own clothing store and it is while working that she first sees a very sullen Nik take his smoke breaks. Tina is fun ...more
AJ
I love a good friends-to-lovers story, but I suspect I may be too cynical for such a sweet book. While I really liked the premise, and the way that the story played out, I found the heroine irritatingly sweet and thought parts of it were really corny.

Tina sees the best in everybody, she wants to help everybody, she’s affectionate, and loving, and sees the bright side of every situation. Yeah, these are good qualities to have, but it was just a bit much for me. She was so annoyingly perfect, and
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Review @ Under the Covers

Valentina Tomic, Tina to her friends, has watched the unbelievably hunky man who works across the street from her shop come out for his break three times a day, not once has he cracked a smile. She decides to try and brighten up his day. She never knew that some sweets and a note would lead to her actually becoming friends with him, even if what she starts to feel for him does starts to bat him out the friend zone.

I got this book on the off chance, I felt like taking a
Music in books. 4 79 Dec 08, 2014 03:55PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: * Friend-Zoned by Belle Aurora 4 73 Jun 01, 2013 07:25AM
  • The Other C-Word (In Other Words, #1)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8)
  • Sudden Response (EMS, #1)
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • From Rags
  • Be My Baby (Baby Lite, #3)
  • The Missing Link (Marked, #1)
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)
  • Kiss This (The McCallans, #1)
  • The Home Court Advantage (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • Hey There, Delilah (A Taboo Love, #1)
  • Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1)
  • Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge, #1)
  • Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1)
  • The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous, #1)
Belle Aurora is twenty-something-years-old and was born in the land down under.
At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown’s Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance.
Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and humor.
More about Belle Aurora...

Friend-Zoned (4 books)
  • Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned, #2)
  • Sugar Rush (Friend-Zoned, #3)
  • How to Marry an Idiot (Friend-Zoned, #4)

I stare at her, a frown forming at my mouth.
Did I..? Did I just get Friend-zoned?”
112 likes
“Some days are just hard and you want to go asleep and wake up a week from now knowing the problem is gone. Everyone feels like that once in a while.
Life can be overwhelming.”
109 likes