Start by marking “Eruption (Eruption #1)” as Want to Read:
Eruption (Eruption #1)

Eruption

(Eruption #1)

Jace Vega has finally landed her dream jobworking for Omnibus, an up-and-coming tech firm. But a mysterious message from her future self sets Jace and her old friend Corey racing to piece together clues before Omnibus destroys their futureand their past. This fast-paced thriller will keep you guessing till the very last page. ...more
Published January 13th 2015 by Cedar Fort Publishing & Media (first published January 11th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Eruption, please sign up.

Start your review of Eruption (Eruption #1)
Adrienne Quintana
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote this book and I love it like a newborn baby. But I rated Jane Eyre 5 stars. I'm just keepin' it real.
Phil Quintana
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A few thoughts/likes from this book:
1. The cover is very cool.
2. The story is fast paced and keeps moving along and building as the book progresses.
3. I learn about and can picture the key characters and settings from clues given throughout the story (e.g. Jace looks like Camilla Belle.....to me)
4. I want to punch Victor in the face.
5. I think that even though this fits into a category that primarily appeals to females, there is enough action, intrigue and other stuff that a guy can read it and
Marnae
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Okay, so I'm a little bit biased. But Eruption is really awesome.

If you like fast-paced thrillers with lots of twists and turns, this book is for you. If you like time-travel, this book is for you. If you like really interesting and complex relationships, this book is for you. If you like dynamic characters with thought-out back-stories, this book is for you. If you like to look for clues and symbolism, this book is for you. If you like strong, brilliant, active, and relatable protagonists,
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I'm trying to put my thoughts together after finishing Eruption. I have so many questions. Did he know when he ran into her and, if he did, what parts were staged? What happened in that short period that she can't remember? Where are all the missing pieces? Let me just say one thing that I don't have any questions about... This story ended in a spectacularly intense, crazy mess with a twist when I thought the twists were done. It was a fabulous ending and I am literally dying to get my hands on ...more
Melanie
(4.5 stars) Jace finds a tablet while she's out running one morning. She tries to find the owner but can't see anyone anywhere. Then she notices that it has her company's logo on it so she decides to take it to their tech department so they can figure out who it belongs to. She soon realizes that she might want to keep this a secret for now and the plot just gets more complex from there.

There's so much to say yet I don't want to spoil anything so I'll keep this brief. I liked Jace but she
Katie W
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jace works for a great new company and is finally starting to settle into the kind of life she craves. One day, which she was out running, she finds a tablet. When she notices that it belongs to her company, she is set to turn it in...until she discovers a message from herself and an old college friend--a message from the future, which makes her think twice. After that, it's a race against time to figure out what's going on.

I like Jace. She isn't close to her father and her mother died. She has
Shauna
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! There are some really great books coming out this year and this is DEFINITELY ONE OF THEM!

Starting from the very first page you will be pulled into the story and your mind will actively try to figure out how any of it, if not all of it, could possibly be possible.

While out for a morning run, Jace comes across a tablet.

Who is the owner and how can she get it back to them?

As she looks it over she realizes that it has her company's symbol on it.

Taking it to work to turn it in and showing it to
Tristan
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Overall well done! Fun to read.

Other thoughts:
-Pacing was good - felt a little rushed in spots, particularly the end. I finished in only a few days, which means it kept my interest very well and I cared to know what happened next. (I'm used to long-winded sci-fi fantasy writers).
-Story idea was fun and clever, reminded me of the TV show Continuum, and movie Inception. But different at the same time (there's a volcano involved).
-Had flashbacks of love triangles (one girl, two guys) in other
Read for your future!
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read Cindi's 5 STAR Review here:
Nicole
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have waited eagerly for almost a year to get the published copy of this book into my hands. It was completely worth the wait. If only I didn't have to wait for the next book now!

Eruption is unique in many ways; I love that Jace Vega is not an annoying teenager still trying to figure out how to not care what the cheerleaders will think of her. She is a young professional with smarts and drive and confidence. Of course there are some deep-rooted issues that she is trying to figure out, otherwise
Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-print
3.5 star review: Jace Vega likes to go on morning runs. On one of these runs, Jace comes across a tablet, left alone on the grass. She notices it has the Omnibus logo, which is the company she works. She decides to take it with her and show it to someone at work. When shes at home, and says her name while on a phone call, the tablet recognizes her voice and it turns on. Later on, she starts going through the files and notices a picture where she is with a man named Corey and she sets out to find ...more
Paul Young
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adrienne Quintana did an amazing job writing this book. From the beginning, I had questions about how certain things were related, who was being honest, and what was going to happen next. It has a feeling of 1963's Charade, where the main character doesn't know the full intentions of everyone around her and has to put her trust in them, hoping things turn out well.
Her modern setting and her use of social media make readers easily connect to her characters.
I strongly recommend this book to
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lots of fun - lots of action. I was hooked pretty close to beginning. There is a YA novel feel to it, but not something that kept me from reading (YA is not my favorite genre). I have some questions about the way in which the author explained the phenomena (I didn't really understand it), but in a novel like this sometimes I just go with it. The ending was good and left me wanting more!
Lisa
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a super fun book. It's a quick, easy read and is very entertaining. It has a few plot twists that really make you think. The ending really threw me for a loop, and I can't wait for the second book to come out. This is definitely a book I will read more than once.
Memory
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So this is the 2nd time reading this book. I love it! I noticed more patterns this time around. The first time I read it, it was before her major edits and publishing. It is very polished. I love it and recommend it highly! I cannot wait for the sequel!
Melissa.e
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The consensus here is that there should definitely be a sequel.
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Eruption
By Adrienne Quintana

They control the world
BUT she controls the future...

Jace Vega has landed the job of her dreams. She's up-and-coming in an up-and-coming tech firm.

But there is a cloud hanging over the future she sees for herself. She's getting flashes of memories, memories she can't remember. And the only thing Jace can't remember is the is a period of time when she was kindergarten.

When she finds a advanced piece of Omnibus technology that shouldn't exist she is sent on a path she
Melissa
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, first-reads
Nate
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book serves as proof that there can still be plot originality in sci-fi novels. We've seen books where the protagonist fights against an evil corporation that has taken over, but I have never seen such a plot that centers around the protagonist's tablet.

The writing feels fresh, and the environment is contemporary and quite realistic. One example of this is the focus on social media, which is a huge part of the average young American's life these days, and a big part of the protagonist's
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Do you love time travel books? Dr. Who kind of TV shows and movies? If you do, you will probably really enjoy this book. For me, time travel books are usually just confusing. I have a really hard time keeping everything straight in my head. I gave up watching Dr. Who but my husband and kids love it. The one time travel movie I love is Somewhere in Time. ha. And even that one confused me to some degree.

So, yeah. I was a bit confused in this book. There is a lot of jumping around through memories
Kristi Young
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I seriously loved this book! I'm dying for the second one. I thoroughly enjoyed the thought-provoking thrill ride, and I love love LOVE how clean it is! The fantastic twist at the end has left my mind reeling. I already have all these crazy theories about the rest of the series. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.
From page one I was asking all kinds of questions that kept me spellbound. I highly recommend this for a super fun read!
P.S. Damien had my heart from the beginning. Sorry Corey
Debbie
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I needed a good book to read on my trip up to Oregon. I remembered seeing that Eruption was out so I purchased it on my Kindle. I usually don't finish books in two days, but the suspense pulled me in and carried me on a rollercoaster of twists and turns that surprised even me! I love the character, Jace Vega, she is a someone who is easy to admire. I love the concept of the time travel and the flow of the story kept me engaged to the end. I'm looking forward to the sequel!
Rebecca
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book GRIPED me from the first page and thrilled through each twist and turn and ended in a most unexpected way that had me thinking for days afterwards! Jace is intriguing, warm and relatable character and relevant to the modern woman caught in the complicated crosshairs of career, family, insecurities, love and...social media. This book will have you thinking deeply but reads fast and light enough to read over a weekend, vacation or rainy afternoon.
Judy Kitchen
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The mind of an author always amazes me......this book held my attention. I followed it and it took a lot of pondering to come to conclusions I came up with. A very fascinating book. The only down side is leaving a few question unanswered and having to wait for the next book. I guess that is true success is leaving the reader wanting more.
Brock Booher
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fast-paced story with a lot of intrigue and enjoyable characters. It kept me guessing right up to the very ending. The writing style is easy to read and the plot has multiple layers. The ending seemed a bit abrupt, but it sets up nicely for book #2!
Elaine
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Love the characters, the action, the humor, the suspense, the writing style. I love the inside jokes and the Dr. Who reference. Eruption is just an all around good story! Can't wait for the next book!
Emily Bates
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Fast-paced and heart-pounding! The mystery drew me in, and the climax completely blew me away. I loved the tension between the characters, and I loved how strong and capable Jace is in the face of deep personal conflicts. Great read! I can't wait for the second one!
Kim
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. I don't normally go for an action thriller but loved this. The writing style was a pleasure to read, the characters endearing and the book kept a good pace. Looking forward to more great reads from Adrienne Quintana.
Alisha
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
It took me no time at all to get through this book. As the story progressed, the writing became stronger and it kept me up into the wee hours of the night while keeping me guessing at every turn. I would definitely recommend it.
Jessie
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The pacing on this book was amazing. I loved it. Storyline, characters, movement were all excellent in fact my only complaint was the abrupt halt!! Where's the next book!!??!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Second Wife (The Second Wife #1)
  • Tuf Voyaging
  • Triumphant (The Genesis Fleet, #3)
  • Shattered Spear (The Lost Stars, #4)
  • Vanguard (The Genesis Fleet, #1)
  • Ascendant (The Genesis Fleet, #2)
  • Kris Longknife's Maid Goes on Strike & Other Short Stories: Vignettes from Kris Longknife's World
  • Indomitable (Kris Longknife, #18)
  • Relic
  • A Pillar of Fire by Night (Carerra Series Book 7)
  • Diamond Fire: The Forbidden Gems Trilogy Book 2
  • ONE LAST KILL
  • Gathering Water (Gathering Water, #1)
  • Just Different Devils (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #7)
  • Blind Justice
  • Rough Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Quantum Time (Quantum, #3)
  • Lunar Discovery: Let the Space Race Begin (Discovery Series Book 1)
Adrienne Quintana is the author of Eruption as well as several childrens books. When she isn't writing, Adrienne enjoys running, hiking, and matchmaking (Are you single? She probably knows someone perfect for you.) She lives in Arizona with her husband and four children, who give her love, support, and plenty of good material for Instagram. ...more

Eruption (2 books)
  • Reclamation (Eruption, #2)