Start by marking “Puddle Jumping (Puddle Jumping, #1)” as Want to Read:
Puddle Jumping (Puddle Jumping, #1)

Puddle Jumping

(Puddle Jumping #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  9,858 ratings  ·  1,898 reviews
When it comes to love there’s no such thing as conventional.

Everyone thinks Colton Neely is special.

Lilly Evans just thinks he’s fascinating.

Once friends when they were younger, their bond is cut short due to her accident prone nature and they go their separate ways. Years later, they meet again and Lilly learns that there is something special about the boy she once kne
Published June 29th 2014 by Self Pub

To ask other readers questions about Puddle Jumping, please sign up.
Sarah Christiansen Its a form of autism, which means you Work a Little differently and are more sensitive about certain Things. It varies a lot and some have a harder…moreIts a form of autism, which means you Work a Little differently and are more sensitive about certain Things. It varies a lot and some have a harder time than others. But no Colton isnt crazy.(less)

·  9,858 ratings  ·  1,898 reviews

Lola
I don't believe there's such thing as conventional love. Love is bending. Love is breaking. Love is constantly learning about the other person until you go crazy because it will never be perfect, but there's no fault in trying.

description

I could quote the whole book. That’s how beautiful it is. Meaning: the story, writing, characters, themes, and everything else…
This isn't your run-to-the-mill fairy tale. It's not some Harlequin romance.

Because I'm not the kind of person to fall in love.

And neither is
Christy
5 Stars!!!

photo 3497f57e-465f-4c08-a611-37fbe122f745_zps625bc075.jpg

I love stories like this. Stories that make me feel, make me think, make me love and leave my heart happy. Acceptance, friendship, beauty and love. Puddle Jumping was a fantastic tale of two childhood friends named Colton and Lilly.

photo 2584d6d6-73db-44bb-b369-802367893442_zpsddb95a20.jpg

Lilly is such an endearing character. Even from her childhood, she’s fun and spunk
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Melissa (Ever So Mela) and April

“Love is constantly learning about the other person until you go crazy because it will never be perfect but there’s no fault in trying.”

The first time I met my friend, Melissa a lot of months ago, she urged me to read Puddle Jumping and one other book which I can’t remember (sorry, Melissa). I didn’t bother reading this then because I thought this was another cheesy romantic novel (sorry again, Melissa^^) but then recently, I have met a new friend, April, and she said if there’s one book tha
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
God, this book was so damn beautiful. I loved it too much. Such a sweet and innocent love story. You should read it asap! :)

"This emptiness inside of me here,” he placed my hand on his chest, “means I love you. When you’re not here, I can’t focus. It’s too loud . . . But my heartbeat does this when you’re close.”
Under my palm, the erratic cadence was more apparent than I’d ever noticed before.
His eyes found m
Brandi
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Brandi by: Jennifer Kyle
"You’re my beautiful Lilly. The one who makes everything right in my world."

description

I don't know how to express how much I loved this story. Puddle Jumping is a beautiful, sweet, unique and enduring story. A beautiful portrayal of a young girl who falls in love with a boy, who may is considered a little different, but is perfect to her.

"It begins with a boy and it ends with a boy, but what story doesn't?"

Lilly first meets Colton when she is asked to babysit him. She finds it a little strange since
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
'Love, for those lucky enough to experience it, is extraordinary.'

How the hell do I put into words what this book did to me? Here goes.. this was an amazingly, astoundingly, lovable and the cutest love story ever, that twisted my emotions and heart into whichever direction it chose.
Lily and Colton are the cutest, strongest, most supportive and understanding, plus loving couple I think I have ever read about. Ever since they were kids Lily was the accident prone daredevil and Colton was the quie
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"Love is bending. Love is breaking. Love is constantly learning about the other person until you go crazy because it will never be perfect, but there's no fault in trying."

Amber L. Johnson delivered a wonderful story about Lily and Colton. This story is a well written tale of love and friendship.

description

Lily and Colton had a friendship as children and when their paths cross in their high school senior year, they embark on a relationship. What makes this story a tad different from other young love stor
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
5 stars!!

description

How the author packed so much in so little pages truly astounds me. I think this is one of the few times I can say I loved this book from cover to cover: Qwen Salsbury’s quote on the front gave me shivers and the dedication and acknowledgments had me tearing up all over again. The story itself is like a diamond of the first water. Strip away all the drama and other unnecessary plot twists and you get this book – the most heartfelt, touching, and purest kind of romance all girls dream of
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
(Full review posted)

*5 Stars* … A beautiful love story with a refreshingly unique plot!

photo e7c544ab-00dd-4300-b971-44d3feae5243_zps4354e6b5.jpg

It’s been a while since I’ve read a book in one sitting. Puddle Jumping was fairly short, but it held so much power in its minimal pages—I was barely able to put it down.

I knew after the first line that I was going to love this read:

It begins with a boy and it ends with a boy, but what story doesn’t?

I’ve felt that way a few times before, only to end up eating my words, but in this case, it was true. I ad
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** Full-review#3 of Eda's US Trip Reads **

** 10+++ “You’re my quiet, Lilly.” STARS **

“Why do you like me?”

“I don’t understand the question. You’re my Lilly. You’ve always been my Lilly.”

My heart was his forever when he spoke those words. HOW COULD IT NOT BE?
~ LILLY

description

I have a 12-year-old cousin that loves playing volleyball. But only if the ball is green.

I have a 12-year-old cousin that loves eating chocolate-chip ice-cream. But only with his silver spoon with white stripes on it.

I have a 12-
Aestas Book Blog
Shelves: favorites

"It begins with a boy and it ends with a boy, but what story doesn't?"

Wow!! What an incredible story! It took me by surprise in the best of ways and definitely was one of the most beautiful love stories I've read!

This is a mature YA standalone romance about two childhood friends, Colton and Lilly, who are reunited in the senior year of high school. Early on in the story, we discover that Colton has Asperger's and we also see that Lilly loves him unconditionally for who he is. This is their
Mysza
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read

This one reminded me Reclaiming the Sand very much, but it was much softer and sweeter. If you'ver read it and liked it then you'll probably be a fan of Puddle Jumping too.

I'm sitting here, thinking, what should I write to make you see how fabulous this book was? Sure, I could say that the characters were wonderful, that their love was beautiful, no matter what and in spite of their differences, that the story was captivating, etc..... But still, it wouldn't do it justice. So, instead of writing
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“Love, for those lucky enough to experience it, is extraordinary.”

Chicago commercial photographers

I’m pretty sure I have a cavity from all of the sweetness that was contained within the pages of Puddle Jumping. This is the story of Lilly and Colton who met when their mothers arranged a playdate. At said playdate Lilly proceeded to tell Colton he should color in the lines . . . and then encouraged him to go outside to play in a thunderstorm where she was promptly s
♥Sharon♥
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Sweet and Amazing Stars

photo puddlecollage_zps071c8229.jpg

This was such an amazing story and I just loved it. Though it is a YA, something I don’t read too often, I found Colton and Lilly’s love story touching and passionate in a way of their own.

"I'm Lilly Grace Evans and this is the true account of how I ended up falling for a boy who made me believe love is anything but conventional. Love, for those lucky enough to experience it, is extraordinary.”

Lilly meets Colton at the young age of 9. Lilly is 10. Even at that young age
destini mia
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to destini mia by: ♡Esra♡
*cracks knuckles and does finger dance over keyboard* let's begin . . .

And maybe some people would say that I loved him too much and forgot myself in the process, but from what I've seen of relationships, there's always that one person who does.

This was the cutest, sweetest, most precious book I've had the pleasure of reading ♥
____________________________________________

When it comes to love there’s no such thing as conventional.

Everyone thinks Colton Neely is special.

Lilly Evans just t
Natalie
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary

And what would you paint from your childhood?" I asked, simply a whisper [...]
He looked over at me with that smile. Slight. Meaningful. "You."

I'm still a little overwhelmed right now to be honest. Of how much I loved this book. And the writing really blew me away, I fell in love with this book from page one. Books like these are the reason I am reading and I doubt I had found it without goodreads.This is a well hidden pearl that I hope won't stay hidden for very long. I want everyone to read t
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
4.5 Stars
'Being with Colton is not easy. It's hard. It's work. But if I think about my life before him, and my life with him... the struggle and work is worth all of it.'

Genre: YA characters intended for an older audience
Cover: 7/10
Writing: 9/10
Heroine: 9/10
Hero: 9/10
Humour: 5/10
Hotness: 2/10
Romance: 9/10
Extra book Details: Approx 130 kindle pages. Heroine POV; 1st person. Stand-alone.

Lilly meets Colton when she's about 10 years old; paid to be his 'buddy', when he moves home, though gone, s
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
5 stars

photo 20140709_174711-kdcollage_zpsb4sywxwt.jpg

Colton and Lilly are childhood friends turn lovers. Its not your typical high school romance though, because Colton has Aspergers.

I loved it. From the face paced story, the writing and the main characters to Coltons condition and their struggle. Individually Lilly was awesome n funny, Colton was adorable and blunt, together they were just too freaking cute!!!

Overall it was a quick unforgettable novella with amazing characters. How can a book be so sweet but hurt my heart at the same time
Dee Montoya
*****10+++++ Extraordinary Stars******

(BR with Mel & Patty)

This remarkable novel has giving me an infinite amount of hope and inspiration. My vision is still a bit blurry from all the tears I've shed while reading this story, but I'll tell you, best tears I've cried this year. I will never, ever forget the beauty and simplicity of Colton and Lilly's story... This precious book is truly a MUST READ!

Lilly and Colton met when they were kids, she was apointed as his babysitter which to her at th
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**

Lilly is only a little child when she meets Colton. She's set to babysit him and she's too young to understand why she needs to babysit a child barely a year younger than her. A clumsy moving danger, Lilly loses her chance to remain friends with Colton after a while. She didn't know then that Colton was special, but she find out several years later when they meet again in an art exhibition of his, where she finds out that he has Asperger.

Now at 17 Colton attends her school and is no longer home
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
Beautiful, just beautiful. Colton's story really made me think how difficult is for people to accept diversity, but above all this is about how Love can find us all.

This is one of the most romantic stories I've read in while. I love how sweet the romance was and how much the characters cared for each other. The story is quite short, I flew through it in a couple of hours.

There was one thing I didn't like. Colton's mom not telling Lilly what was going on and thinking that Lilly would be okay to u
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy ⚓️ by: ❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
4+ Stars

This was a short and sweet story with a cool premise and engaging characters. It's one of those ones I know I will probably never re-read, but I really enjoyed it and would recommend to anyone looking for a shorter YA romance that really packs a punch for its size.
Stephanie Alexander
When ten year old Lilly is asked to babysit her neighbor Colton, all she sees is a sweet little boy who fascinates her. But after getting electrocuted (amongst other misadventures) and unintentionally putting Colton in danger, their friendship is abruptly severed...

Until years later, when Colton walks into her high school, and something in Lilly stirs.

Colton is still the extraordinary boy he was when they were little, only now he’s all grown up and Lilly really wants to know him better. After sh
Kathie (katmom)
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
OH MY GOSH!!! PUDDLE JUMPING is a nominee in the GOODREADS CHOICE AWARDS!!!! If you read it and loved it, please consider VOTING FOR it! https://www.goodreads.com/choiceaward...

I was blessed to be an editor for Puddle Jumping. Have to confess that I had to keep going back and rereading because I'd forget that I was EDITING...and would just READ. That's the sign of a good book, at least in my opinion!

Colton is an artist. He's one of those genius artists that start young, and improve even more ov
*****4.5 Watercolor Stars*****
(BR with Melissa & Dee)

Lilly Evans and Colton Neely met when they were just ten and nine years old, when she was given the job as his baby sitter.
She never understood why she was given the job of baby sitting since they were so close in age.
But these two formed a strong bond.
She was his companion and the one to bring excitement into his life, which often times landed her in the hospital.
Lilly was very accident prone.
So Colton's mom decides to end Lilly's service
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) by: ❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Shelves: 2014
5 ‘Emotional Watercolory Journey’ Stars

description

Life is meant to be lived, and if you’re offered the chance to experience exceptional things with an extraordinary person, then there isn’t one reason in the world to say no.

My God it’s after such a long time that I’ve cried over a book this much. This is my first book by Amber L. Johnson and I’m definitely going to check more of her works. The story is narrated by Lily and I love her way of thinking, she is funny, silly and interact with the readers i
Sydney Logan
I was so excited to receive an ARC copy of Puddle Jumping. While I love to read, it's been a long time since I've sat down and read a book, even a novella, all in one day. I couldn't put this down until I'd read every last word.

Puddle Jumping, at its heart, is the story of a boy and a girl. Simple, right? But love is never simple, and it can be even more complicated when Autism and Asperger's come into play. Love is supposed to be patient and kind, and that was definitely the case with Lilly and
Nihan
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves
Çok yanlış zamanda okudum. Okuma diye uyardılar, kendim kaşındım. :)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“Love is bending. Love is breaking. Love is constantly learning about the other person until you go crazy because it will never be perfect, but there’s no fault in trying. “

description

This was such a beautiful, emotional and heartwarming story!!! This story is real, this story will make you feel, this story will show you what true love is. "Puddle Jumping" is about love, friendship and acceptance.

Lilly and Colton meet when Lilly is 10 and Colton is 9. Lilly knows from the beginning Colton is differ
Chele
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different Not Less
Let's face it no one is normal.
What is that anyway ?
Just how certain people perceive themselves and others around them.
Puddle Jumping is the story of a girl that meets a boy .
It's happened before ,it will happen again.
But each story is different just as the people are different.
Lily, just a girl who goes about life thinking one way until she meets a boy.
Colton, just a boy who goes about life thinking his way and he meets a girl,that comes to mean more to him than anyone
A Million More Pages: Puddle Jumping: Jan 3 95 55 Jan 29, 2015 04:49PM
Crazy for Young A...: Puddle Jumping, by Amber L. Johnson → Start Date: January 10, 2015 23 32 Jan 11, 2015 08:07PM
Young Adult Conte...: Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson starting Jan. 5, 2015 25 20 Jan 06, 2015 12:23PM
others? 14 168 Dec 02, 2014 06:53AM
Buddy Read Zone: Puddle Jumping 239 43 Aug 26, 2014 04:55PM
  • Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)
  • Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love, #2)
  • Win Some, Lose Some
  • Honeysuckle Love
  • Loving Mr. Daniels
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • True Love Way
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • Playing in the Rain
  • Snowflakes & Fire Escapes
  • Say the Word
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • With This Heart
  • Fighting Redemption

Puddle Jumping (2 books)
  • A Million Drops of Rain (Puddle Jumping, #2)
“I have to ask. Why do you like me?”
He shifted away from me then, his brows pulled together making him look even cuter, if that was possible. “I don’t understand the question.” His hands were squeezing mine tightly as he looked down at them. “You’re my Lilly. You’ve always been my Lilly.”
124 likes
“I dream of you. And I don’t like it when I can’t talk to you or see you or touch you.” His eyes found mine again. “That’s love.” 93 likes