Start by marking “Where Are You” as Want to Read:
Where Are You

Where Are You

Lesbian romance author Bella Donnis is back with her latest story of forbidden love.

All her life, Erin has suffered from social anxiety disorder which prevents her from making friends and experiencing life to the full. When the beautiful yet chronically shy Erin begins her degree at the University of Cambridge, she finds herself unable cope with the pressure. Just as she d
Published June 30th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Where Are You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Are You

P. Industry
Gina and Erin met each other on the first day at the University of Cambridge. Erin suffers from social anxiety, and finds it difficult to muster the strength to simply function in society. Regardless, she dreams of becoming a physiotherapist. Gina, a vivacious, friendly and patient Italian, goes out of her way to ease Erin’s fears that first day - they become fast friends, with Gina continuing to help Erin out of her shell. They go to class; they go to bars; they join the rowing club. Things are ...more
Heinerway
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book. It's not that the book is badly written or uninteresting or something. It's simply that I didn't click with the characters, and I also didn't figure out Gianna's decisions. On top of that, I'm not a fan of flashbacks.
Kathryn
Beautiful love story. I enjoyed this very much. However, I would like to have seen more one-on-one time between the two main characters.
Alexis
This was a swing and a miss for me. Although I really liked Trapped and My Summer Romance I just didn't like this book for a multitude of reasons. The biggest one being its structure. The constant flashbacks coupled with it's super slow burn and love triangle only served to get on my nerves. The fact that the main characters are not very likable didn't help either.

The last thing that I was really disappointed by is the fact that all the authors books have the exact same formula. Woman/girl 1 is
Kate
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, I know other reviewers have spoken about not liking the way the book jumps forward and back but I felt the opposite. I liked that a moment or event during Erin's current life brought her back to a memory from her past. I felt it helped the story to develop and me to understand how Erin got to where she was.

The book is well written, the strong relationship between the two main characters is obvious and well developed. Each flashback gets you more and more invested in Erin and
Conrad Phillips
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved Where Are You. You're taken along on a journey with the main character and you share her desire to know what happened to her first love.
Ms Mary E Doyle
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cambridge & Napoli what a backdrop

The story of two women students realising that they are sculpting their lives around each other but skirting the growing attraction & love. One night of passion
Leads to the time slipping through their fingers.

Ten years later in Napoli, for one life had been all too hard & her spirit was broken.Then an accident brought home how much they meant to it other.

But time had to heal them apart for time for them to realise they should never been apart.
charles clayson
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
💥💖AMAZING💖💥
I first just set my voice to text, and listened to this e-book. But before I could fall asleep. I heard enough of the story that convinced me. That I definitely wanted to read this book.
And boy am I glad I did.
One of my favorite endings. They realize where they belong.
Tanyia
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here

Started slow, but really finished strong. I love that these two women get a second chance at loving each other, but also themselves. Honestly, if you could cast aside every fear, and just go for it, where would you be?
Lori Renee
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read 65 pages of this book and it could not grab my interest at all. It was torturous trying to read through enough of it for it to finally get good. Very disappointing.
Linda J
It was an ok read. Seems improbable but hey it’s just a story right?
Gail Goor
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

It was a heart felt good read about love and the obstacles that can happen. Eventually love conquers all . brilliant from start to finish ☺
Candie Kisses
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Torn...

Based on the description I was very excited to read this book... I love opposites attracting and pushing each other to grow and step out of comfort zones but honestly I almost didn't finish this book because I found it be so exasperating and, at times, confusing especially when flipping from past to present with what felt like zero separation. I set the book down multiple times but forced myself to finish it because I always finish a book I start and I always finish it in one day. It's no
moxieBK
Jul 18, 2015 rated it liked it
I fell in love with Bella Donnis' "Trapped" book, so I bought this one site-unseen.

This story is not a strong, or as tight as that first book, but it is still interesting.

The issue that bothered me the most was how easy it was for the protagonist to simply turn away from her true feelings and also how the author drug out why the other character left so unexpectedly. I felt myself rolling my eyes in places....especially near the end when the wayward lover starts making changes, as if those chang
Alicia
First I have to say that I don't typically judge a book based on a few spelling or grammatical errors. But there a lot in this book. Times when the names were mixed up and I had to stop for a second and figure out who she was actually referring to.

As for the story, I was pleasantly surprised to start reading this book. Erin is a young college freshman that has an anxiety disorder causing her to have a difficult time meeting people.

Gianna (Gia) walks in and changes everything for her. The two f
K. Bartholomew
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another enjoyable read from the author and a new approach to the lesbian romance genre.

The first part of the story takes place in Cambridge and cuts between the present and the past where Erin and Gianna meet and fall in love. Gianna disappears and we are kept wondering for a long time what happens.

Part two takes us to the beautiful Napoli in Italy and we also get to see Pompeii that was covered by lava many years ago - The author is not afraid to show unique and awesome locations in her stories
F.K.
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story and plot is good, but unfortunately the amount of typos, errors and at one point the use of the wrong character's name - made me feel like the final draft was rushed and needed a more careful edit.
The characters are variable and in some places inconsistent I felt - they also thought out loud a lot which began to take me out of the reality of their world when it was overused.
I will try other books by this author however as the plotting and pace was good.
Melissa
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Keeps you wondering

This was entertaining till the end. I even enjoyed hearing about the rest of Ben's trip and subsequent love connection. I did think it took too long for Erin and Gia to finally be together, lol. But I guess that's what keeps the reader intrigued. All around entertaining.
Alicia
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay Story

I couldn't get into this story due to the back in forth. one minute you were in the present themselves all of sudden you were back in the past. I would have rather read about the the background first then move into the present day when the two characters finally meet again.
Sandra Johnson
Aug 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Descent deserve any star

A gloomy depressant story , no pleasure gained from reading this at all, hated the main character, straight away, and she didn't improve !
pat goode
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

Wasnt sure at first but persevered and read on,was a lovely story ,w e ll told,would read more by this author
Aspen
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay, although rather implausible
Marie
Aug 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Half of the book is great, the other half sucks....
Heather Henkel
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting story

It was an interesting story but some parts of it were more believable than others. Still it was well written.
Kathryn
Aug 12, 2019
Mic Barrameda
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Karaoke Queen (Music of the Soul #4)
  • Artist's Dream
  • Guilty Hearts
  • Photographs of Claudia
  • Love's Melody Lost
  • How Still My Love
  • Always Alex
  • Game Time (Girls of Summer, #2)
  • Wasted Heart
  • London Calling (London Romance, Book 1)
  • Playing My Love
  • Fresh Tracks
  • Nightingale
  • Seasons of Love
  • A Small Country about to Vanish
  • Winds of Heaven
Librarian note:
Starting from 2018 her books are published (and, in some case, re-published) as Sally Bryan

Bella Donnis took Creative Writing at the University of Cambridge, graduating in 2008. Since then she has worked as a content creator for various websites and publications. Now Bella predominantly writes her own books under her own name in the lesbian romance genre. She splits her time between