Start by marking “Until Midnight (Alienated, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Until Midnight (Alienated, #1.5)

Until Midnight

(Alienated #1.5)

Don't miss the *free* romantic holiday story that connects ALIENATED and INVADED!

Cara and Aelyx only have one day to spend together before he returns to earth and she travels to Aelyx's home planet, L'eihr. Homesick and worried about the upcoming year apart, Cara is desperate to make these final hours count. Worst of all, Cara is missing Christmas, stuck on board an alien
Published December 23rd 2014 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Until Midnight, please sign up.
Melissa Landers This is a free short story that you'll be able to download onto nearly any device on December 23, 2014. Ebook only, no print. And free. Did I mention…moreThis is a free short story that you'll be able to download onto nearly any device on December 23, 2014. Ebook only, no print. And free. Did I mention that? ;)(less)

Lola
Jan 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lola by: Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
“If I remember correctly,” he said, “Satan won’t come until you’re asleep.”
“Satan?” Cara burst out laughing. “Thanks for the warning. I’ll keep my eyes wide open so as not to summon the devil.”
Aelyx’s smile flatlined. He arched both hands in front of his stom¬ach. “That’s not the obese man who sneaks into your house and leaves behind lumps of mineralized carbon for fuel?”

Aelyx might possibly be the best thing about this series for me. His humour is so darn hard to resist and he possesses
Melissa Landers
Jul 02, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Last update (for real): Some of you have told me Scribd is banned in your country, so I added the story to Wattpad for you. But please use Wattpad as a last resort, because the formatting/spacing is jacked up, and that sort of thing drives me crazy.

Update: it's here! You can now download UNTIL MIDNIGHT for free from your favorite e-tailer. If you're outside the US/Canada, I've uploaded the story to Scribd for you. The only downside is it won't include the bonus chapters from INVADED. (Technical
Sally906
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A quick 40 page short story linking Alienated by Melissa Landers to her upcoming release Invaded .

It is almost Christmas and Cara will be sent to the planet of L'eihr for a year while her new alien boyfriend Aelyx is going to Earth. Aelyx has less than 24 hours to research what Christmas is and try and create it for Cara - of course even though his heart is in the right place you know it is going to not quite there.

Loved it - can't wait for February :)
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: covergasm
In this very short story, Aelyx proves to Cara just how much she means to him. Despite being from a different planet and not knowing anything about our customs here on earth, Aelyx puts together a mini Christmas celebration for Cara--and making a mess of it all. In an adorable way, of course.

While for some reason I wasn't able to connect with the characters in this one (since it's just under a hundred pages), I really liked the cuteness and sweetness of this one. You could clearly see Aelyx's ef
Maria Kaye
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, romance
TAKE ME TO YOUR PLANET ;-;

This little novella was short and sweet. I really love Aelyx and Caahhhhhh-raaaaa (hehe), his whole effort at recreating Christmas was so adorable. I can't wait for Invaded (the second book in the Alienated series) to come out in February

And ah! Eager to see some more Jaxen
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I actually think I might have liked this more than the first book. It was such a sweet show of how much Cara and Aleyx mean to each other and how much they are going to struggle being apart in book two. Makes me excited to read it and a little sad that they are going to be so far apart from on another.
Lainey
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
So short man, SO short.
I am officially ready for the sequel!
Steysha Kravits
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I missed that series! Sweet and funny, now I can't wait to read the sequel!
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very cute story! Since the 2nd book lacks romance with them separated it was nice to get this extra story. Loved how Aelyx tried to give her Christmas.
Audrey
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5
I read this a little while ago as a free ebook but I am just now writing a brief review of my overall thoughts on it. I gave this novella a 3.5 star rating out of 5 stars and I believe I gave Alienated (book one in the this series) a 3 star rating. I enjoyed alienated but I didn't find it to be spectacular or extraordinary and I realized I had quite a few problems with the book.

This novella was similar in the fact that the story was simple and a bit predictable but still very enjoyable. Whil
Danielle

Merry Christmas to us! A free Alienated short to hold us fans over until Invaded.

This is a super sweet short story that takes place between Alienated and Invaded. Aelyx is trying to plan a surprise Christmas celebration for the homesick Cara, but with the limited supplies on board it proves difficult. As with most short stories, it’s not long enough for me, but it reminded me just how much I love Cara and her humor. And who wouldn’t love Aelyx? It’s definitely a nice tease of the things to com
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars
Very sweet! Looking forward to more Aelyx and Cara in Invaded. :)

Featured on my 2014 REC IT post.
Marie the Librarian
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very cute Christmassy novella!
 LEAH⇢
“I know something must be very wrong, or just possibly very right?”

Shortest novella ever, it says that it's 112 pages long...most of that is taken up with previews of Alienated and Invaded.

Oh well, I'm starting Invaded on Audio next.
Stef
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of my Christmas presents this year! It was a really adorable/cute short story! It had funny parts (who knew Aelyx would think Satan is Santa?) and it definitely got me more excited for the sequel. I can't wait to read Invaded next year!
mahana (moved accounts. i’m not active stop adding me)
Advertised as a cute romantic novella. Wasn't.
Aurélie
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of 'Alienated'
Recommended to Aurélie by: Melissa Landers
Shelves: 2015
More reviews on my blog, Exploring Pages.
Faith.
That was her Christmas gift to him--to both of them, really.

-- Melissa Landers, Until Midnight

Warning: slight spoilers for Alienated.

In the anticipation of Invaded, the sequel to Melissa Landers's Alienated, I quickly decided to pick up this short and lovely novella. Until Midnight takes place between the two novels during the Christmas holidays. I had come to a point where the need of reading something Christmas-related was too high, and was theref
Kristen Cansler
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Christmas is my most favorite, so whenever I heard that there was a Christmas-y novella starring Cara and Aelyx, I was like why, I do believe I will! I just cannot get over how amazing Melissa Landers' writing is. This is the first time we get a really good look at life on L'eihr. It really made me excited to read Invaded, which is mostly set on L'eihr instead of Earth.

I loved how Cara and Aelyx interacted in this book. It was so warm and fuzzy. I was so sad whenever it was over, but luckily I
Zoe and the Edge
I actually remember really little of the plot and personalities of Alienated.

Aelyx is still quite funny with his cultural differences and awkward vocab.

He backed away and told her to dream of speculums.

Aelyx had allowed Cara to assume he was an excellent kisser by nature, but in truth, he’d googled it.
Extensively.

It's a little weird reading about a couple who are both all googly eyes on each other and I can't remember their story. They seem a little young and puppy love obsessed.

I do like how
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved this short. Actually, it was too short.
I really missed Cara and Aelyx. I'm worried about them parting, though. I hope that things work out so that we get more of them together in Invaded rather than not.
Overall I really loved how Landers gave us a quick view of Aelyx and Cara's relationship through the last hours they spend together before he is transported back to Earth.
I can't wait for Invaded!
franny
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finally got around to read it and it reminded me how great the characters in this world are and how badly I want to live on a new foreign planet.
Can't wait for the 3. book in the Alienated trilogy.
Isa
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: online-ff
3.5
Such a sweet little story which shows how much they love each other! ♡
BookHeroin
That was cute! So excited for Invaded!
Celeste_pewter
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Alienated this year, so I've been looking forward to reading more about Cara and Aelyx's adventures. While Invaded is only months away, Melissa Landers has also written a free (!) lovely short story that's now available, which takes place between the two books and during the Christmas season.

At the end of Alienated, Cara made the decision to go forth with her stay on L'eihr, while Aelyx agreed to return to Earth to help the alliance. Now, as Until Midnight begins, the couple
Ashley
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
Rating: 3.5/5
***Spoilers for book one***

After being told of the exchange program having Cara going to L'eihr and Aelyx going to Earth, the couple are spending their last day on the space ship together before they are separated. Aelyx tries to recreate Christmas on the ship for Cara with some things lost in translation, and they do their best to make the most of the time they have left, but they soon learn it's the little things that matter.

This was a cute little between-books romance that is an
Ariel
Alienated was one of my favorite reads of 2014, so I was super excited to hear that Melissa Landers published a free short story about Aelyx and Cara! I downloaded it the day it came out and read it asap. Trust me when I say it doesn't disappoint. Okay, maybe it does a little just because it ends before you know it, and you're left anxiously waiting for Invaded again. Thankfully, Landers was kind enough to leave an excerpt of Invaded at the end which will hopefully hold me over until February. W ...more
Joood Hooligan
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved Alienated, so I grabbed this short story. Even though it's a Christmas story, I didn't even care. I had to read it. It was fabulous, and hilarious. Aelyx definitely learned you can't just google something and then understand what it is, but it is the thought that counts! I fell for Aelyx and Cara's romance more than I already did. And I cannot wait for the library to inform me that Invaded is ready for me.
Helena
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
4,5
I LOVED IT.
OMG, Aleyx is the sweetest.
Can't wait for February, the preview chapters for Invaded
got me hooked already.
Kirstyn
Such a cute short story! Now I'm even more impatient for Invaded!!

• This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5)
  • Spilling Clarence
  • Origins: The Fire (MILA 2.0, #0.5)
  • Ambition (The Perception Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Proxy (Avalon, #0.5)
  • Vigilante (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2.5)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • Make You Blush (Dumont Bachelors, #0.5)
  • Fatal Abduction (IFICS, #3)
  • Queen of Ashes (Blood of Gods and Royals, #0.6)
  • The Duality Bridge (Singularity #2)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • A Midnight Clear (Fly Me to the Moon, #3.1)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Stars In Her Eyes (Sparkstone Saga #1)
  • Lie for Me (Find Me, #0.5)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
**Receive news, updates, and exclusive excerpts from Melissa by subscribing to her e-newsletter!**

Melissa Landers writes romantic sci-fi & fantasy for teens and the young at heart. The Alienated trilogy (ALIENATED, INVADED, and UNITED) is now complete! STARFLIGHT is available, and its companion novel STARFALL releases in February. Look for BLASTAWAY in July, 2019.

**IMPORTANT** Please do not r

Alienated (3 books)
  • Alienated (Alienated, #1)
  • Invaded (Alienated, #2)
  • United (Alienated, #3)
“These final hours until Aelyx's departure were no more or less important than the millions of other hours they would share over a lifetime.” 5 likes
“He backed away and told her to dream of speculums. She assumed he meant sugarplums.” 2 likes