Start by marking “Underneath It All (The Walsh Series)” as Want to Read:
Underneath It All (The Walsh Series)

Underneath It All

(The Walshes #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6,363 ratings  ·  745 reviews
If I had known I'd have a hot architect balls deep inside of me before the end of the weekend, I'd have made time for a pedicure.

Lauren
It's all the little things—the action plans, the long-kept promises—that started falling apart when my life slipped into controlled chaos.

After I met Matthew Walsh.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to run screaming or rip his pants off, an
Published October 21st 2014 by Vesper Press (first published October 19th 2014)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Christy
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 2797a605-a605-4c17-b660-5e98756097a4_zps58a1671f.jpg

When I start a book and the very first line is-
It’s always a good sign!

Lauren has spent the last year of her life working non-stop to follow her dream. Opening her own school. It’s been tireless and never-ending, but she’s almost there. She just needs to find a location. That’s where Matthew enters. He’s an architect and willing to help Lauren. Matt is als
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

"Before you say no," he said, holding up a hand. "Just say yes instead."

Lauren is a curvy 28 years old woman who is ready to do anything to make her biggest dream come true. She wants to open a school and she needs a location and an architect. And Matthew is the man for her. Matthew and his family runs their own business. He’s successful, good looking and like Lauren a workaholic. When Matthew meets Lauren he is drawn to her immediately, even if she’s not his type at all. There’s something a
Duchess Nicole
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Duchess Nicole by: Vallsykes
4.5 STARS!! AND CURRENTLY FREE ON KOBO, BARNES AND NOBLE, AND ITUNES!!!!!!!!!!!! oNE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES

"Before you say no," he said, holding up a hand. "Just say yes instead."

Books like this should be read...they should make their way through the piles of junk that come through the feeds and clog the home pages. Kate Canterbary has a fresh, lively, and above all...unique voice. Her characters are unapologetically themselves. They don't conform to whatever FSoG castoff is currently po
Catarina
4 Sweet Stars.

Lauren has no time for a relationship. She is busy building and creating her own private school and she has no time for anything else, so even less for someone else. But then she meets Matthew, the architect she hired for creating her school. And immediately attracted to each other, they soon fall in each other's arms. She claims having no time even for casual relationships. He claims she's wrong. And could the sexy architect make the busy teacher cange her mind about love?

Okay thi
Wil Loves Books!
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one for the most part. Matthew Walsh is all sorts of amazing, definitely an instant favorite book boyfriends!!! It's not a 5 star because of Lauren. She annoyed me and frustrated the heck out of me at times. Matthew and his family made the book. I loved the ending! I can't wait to read more books in this series!!!
Erika
Well.....I am sad to say that this book was a big ol failure for me. The reason why? Lauren. Wow did she suck!!! Out of the last 30 or so books I have read, she is my least favorite heroine. She is definitely one of my top 10 least favorite heroines ever. To be fair though, maybe it wasn't her personality exactly, it was more that she had zero desire to be in a relationship, which doesn't work well when you are one of two main characters in a ROMANCE novel. Other than two chapters 3/4 of the way ...more
Sarah Toussaint
I really liked the two main characters. Like LOVED them!

I feel like the author could have done more with them but instead, she kept them in a tight box and never elaborated or pursued anything particularly exciting with them.☹

I still enjoyed the plot, although it was a bit confusing a lot of the times, the two characters and their chemistry saved this book from getting a one-star from me.

Another thing I enjoyed while reading/listening to this book, were the locations mentioned throughout.

I live
Dilek VT
A hero to die for and a heroine who is as annoying as f*ck!

Pardon my French but I've lost count of the times I wanted to strangle her. I didn't want her to end up with our hero because he deserved someone so much better than her!

All along the book, she is like that: "Oh I have plans, I will rise in my career first, I will achieve this and I will achieve that and when the right time comes, I will have time and place for a husband in my life. So now, you can't be my priority, I don't need a distra
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Dysfunction That Works Stars * * * *

Well, I did this backwards... but it still worked for me. I read the second book in the series first and was so taken by the experience... had to read this, the first book about this complicated Walsh Family.

Each of the siblings are distinct and have suffered an abusive father and the loss of their loving mother. Yet, somehow the children have primarily banded together and made their path in the world of architecture.

The main thing to express is the smart
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
3.5**Happy Dance**Stars
 photo unnamed 65_zpsc3f1vzm4.gif
What do you get when a bossy/naughty schoolteacher and a dirty talking/sexy architect paths cross...one HOT and witty story thats guaranteed to keep you entertained. I absolutely adored this one and cant wait to read the next installment in this series!!

ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

Sarah Toussaint
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I really liked the two main characters. Like LOVED them!

I feel like the author could have done more with them but instead she kept a them in a tight box and never elaborated or pursued anything particularly exciting with them.☹

I liv
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

All I can think right now is the phrase “thank you , thank you, thank you” . I needed this type of read like you can’t even imagine. I went in expecting maybe something witty and funny and a whole lot of sexy with that synopsis. What I got was that an so freaking much more. Matthew had me as putty in his hands from the moment he started having x-rated thoughts a
Alaina
Okay, I liked these two and the smut shoved towards my ears but something was missing.

Underneath It All was an okay book. The two MC's had obvious chemistry but they were unbearable at times. They were frustratingly annoying when it came to certain situations. Plus, once they were catching feelings they were like - nope, let's just back it up right now. Ugh, it was annoying.

Now even though I liked the romance coming my way, I just feel like something was missing between these two. Maybe it was t
AJ

4 stars

From the very first line of this book, I knew I was in for a great read! It’s smart, funny, romantic and super sexy. It’s the first book in The Walshes series, and I am already completely hooked.

Lauren is a dedicated, hard-working and career driven woman who is completely caught up in her dream of opening a new school. She needs an architect to help her wit
Vallsykes
“You’re a caveman.”
“You’re bossy. I have to keep up.”
**excuse typos

I had no qualms about giving this novel a 4-star rating. Its formula was simple. Its supporting cast was a cross between hilarious and intriguing. Its conflict was run-of-the-mill, and its hero and heroine's chemistry rockets off the page from the start.

I say that this is contemporary romance, with extra hot sauce, at it's medium-to-high best!
description
First: Tiny blond dynamite, Lauren Halsted, is driven with a passion to open a scho
Nina Levine
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I can't recommend this book enough!! I've only read one Kate Canterbary book, but I am hooked and will be reading every book she ever writes!

If you love romance series that centre around a family, this is the series for you. The Walsh's will make their way into your heart and you'll be hanging off every word they say. Kate has an awesome writing style and weaves character quirks throughout the story. Each character stands out! I can't wait to get to know them all better.
London
description
Title: Underneath it all (The Walshes#1)
Author: Kate Canterbary
Rating: 5 stars!
POV: Dual
HEA: (view spoiler)
Heat/Steam 4/5
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .NO WAY.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

Everyone that knows me on goodreads knows I rarely give out 5 stars. I'm just so damn happy I finally found one after months of mediocre reads.

I loved every
Ally
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who does this woman think she is and, even more importantly, why did I keep reading?

slap

Let me take a moment here to tell you that I have no idea why I liked this book. None. Certain behaviors get all up in my grille.
grille
And one of those grille makers is having weird expectations and simply not being responsible for the people around you? This heroine? She left a bunch of burned out stumps in her path. NOT OK!

Setting / Time / Genre: current

Series: Yep. And I have one more in my tbr / already purchased
maggieandteddy
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this author's writing style. The flow is just perfect. Dual First person POV. love it.
This love story was a big switch up from the norm- the heroine, Lauren had a BIG problem with being tied down. Usually, it's the man that doesn't want to be tied down. Matthew meets Lauren when she is looking for an architectural firm to build her charter school. Matthew and his siblings have a successful firm in Boston. Matthew is immediately attracted to Lauren. She is also attracted to Matthew, but L
Rachel
Overall rating: 4.5 "Sweetness" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

My review:

Lauren Halsted has one goal in mind - to start up a school all on her own after receiving coveted grants and funding for such. She doesn't have time for boys and romance.

"I had an incredible group of friends, and a number of
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: A really good book -- anyone would say the same.
02/04/2016 - 4 Stars

Well, I finally read the first book -- the one that started it all. I enjoyed it. I loved this series and this author and will be looking for anything she writes. She really is that enjoyable.

I like how she isn't afraid to write a vulnerable, alpha -- does that make sense? She tells an intelligent story that has an angsty backstory, but she doesn't let this outshine her character development. Her stories really are about these incredible characters.

I like how, when you read t
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
I usually love a good lad chases the girl story but this just didn't work for me. I have no idea why he was so hung up on her. She was a right pain in the arse.
Becky
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story had such potential. Unusual family dynamics, sibling's who could be amazing, an awesome male lead, hot somewhat alpha, well to everyone but Lauren except in the bedroom. Matthew was every girls dream man to fall in love with, sexy successful man, hot sexcapades, dirty talking male, dependable did I mention hot?!. Lauren to me made him weak, made him grovel and chase her to the point of humiliation. Lauren was a single minded, selfish h. I really disliked her the majority of this book. ...more
Jacqueline
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so damn good.

Matt's an architect specializing in the restoration of older buildings and Lauren is an ambitious teacher with a naughty side. She's looking for a building convert into a school and so she goes to Matt's family architecture firm for advice.

I loved so many things in this. First the sexual tension between them was off the charts, they talked dirty and the smut was deliciously intense. The pacing worked, the banter was witty and the voyeur in me relished experiencing all of th
Gisele
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars

I loved it!!! It has everything I like in a novel: romance, humor, family, dirty talk, feisty h, sweet and hot H. The only thing that makes me not give it 5 stars is that I wanted to Matt make it harder for Lauren at the end. She made him suffer and pushed him off almost the whole book.. she needed to suffer a bit more, and I wanted a encounter between Matt and her family so bad!!!! But the history is so good, funny and poignant that it didn't ruin the experience for me and I super re
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Audiobook Review

Holy!! I’m not sure I ever blushed as much listening to an audiobook! Matt Walsh has DIIIRRTTTYY MOUTH! Lord, have mercy!

I enjoyed the characters and their chemistry is insane. The heroine annoyed me at moments, and her idea of not being able to have a relationship and her dreams was annoying, as the conflict centered around this. It just rubbed the feminist in my the wrong way, because we can have it all.

It was still fun and enjoyable! I LOVE THE WALSH FMAILY
Gina *loves sunshine*
I love a long series about big families! This book had a lot of favorite topics that came together ~ Brothers, sisters, architects, family business, Boston!! It was a quick easy read and overall I'll give it 3.5 stars - I was immediately drawn into the the chemistry of Matthew and Lauren - it was easy and the banter was great!

I don't say this often, but this really stood out for me - This book had a lot more sex than it did story. Probably because the potential for the depth of the couples stor
Laura Lee
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just got done popping my Kate Canterbary cherry!!!

Underneath It All was just what I needed to read. It was light, funny, totally romantic and best of all a super HOT architect who could totally check out my inner workings!! Lauren though...there were times when I wanted to open a can of wake the heck up on her....

When two very career driven people meet, this story is a tale of how you can attempt to work non stop yet have a very successful sex life. When feeling start to become full blown, con
Stacey is Sassy
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I really, really liked it...

**4.5 stars**

This book had everything I love in a contemporary romance.

The Hero was a hard working, family oriented, healthy, fit and sexy man who thought he didn't need a relationship. He had beasts to fill his needs. I can't say I was that fond of his term "beasts" for athletic chicks he hooked up with when he finished a marathon or triathlon and was on an adrenaline high. Then he saw her, talked to her and even though she wasn't his usual type he really, really lik
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
So here I bought it was going to be a cookie cutter book with a naughty school teacher and a rich businessman...
Oh my word! This book is soooooooo much more than that and there is nothing cookie cutter about it!

The school teacher... Lauren... She is the daughter and baby sister of navy seals and is curvy, fiery, and anything but an immature innocent virgin. She is independent.. Bossy, and funny!!

The hot businessman... Matthew... He is a sought after architect... Real.. Somewhat broken, and cave

• True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Complicated Creatures: Part Two: Hell or High Water
  • Forever & Always (Always & Forever, #2)
  • Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers' Coalition, #1)
  • Rude (House Of Payne, #4)
  • Naughty in Norway
  • Intrigued & Enchanted (Enchanted, #1)
  • The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #0.5)
  • The Alexanders: Volume 1 (The Alexanders, #0.5, 1, 2)
  • Coming Home to You (Rockport Beach series #1)
  • Fire and Ice: An Extended Epilogue (Guardians, #1.6)
  • A Taste of Summer (Beyond the Mathews Family, #1)
  • Daring Attraction
  • Last Call
  • Baby V (Chianti Kisses #1)
  • Fate's Mistake (Los Rancheros #2)
  • Billionaires and Baby Rattles
  • Score
Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is a better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, ...more

The Walshes (8 books)
  • The Space Between (The Walshes, #2)
  • Necessary Restorations (The Walshes, #3)
  • The Cornerstone (The Walshes, #4)
  • Restored (The Walshes, #5)
  • The Spire (The Walshes, #6)
  • Preservation (The Walshes, #7)
  • Thresholds (The Walshes, #8)
“If I had known I’d have a hot architect balls deep inside of me before the end of the weekend, I’d have made time for a pedicure.” 7 likes
“And though I probably couldn’t spell my own name, I knew with absolute certainty this wasn’t straight-up p-in-the-v sex. This was a spiritual event, and I, for one, wouldn’t have been surprised if some druids started chanting behind us.” 7 likes