Start by marking “Elusive Memories (The Hunted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Elusive Memories (The Hunted, #1)

Elusive Memories

(The Hunted #1)

One false move—or trusting the wrong person—can turn the Gifted into the hunted.

Captured by the Northern Alliance Betterment Society, a group more dedicated to murder than betterment, memory-bringer Sam Benson’s in trouble. She doesn’t know where she is or, more importantly, who she is. With her memories gone, she must piece together the details of her life before they tak
Published June 13th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published May 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Elusive Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elusive Memories

Christi Snow
My Review:
This book was so different from most everything else out there right now, but I loved it. Honestly, I began reading it at the hair salon on a day when I had a hundred and one things to get done...and I kept sneaking my kindle back on so I could read just a few more pages. This story is riveting. I needed to know what was going to happen next.

It's a completely different world and as the reader, you have no idea what is going on at first. The author did an incredible job of slowly reveal
Chris
Shelves: favorites, 2014, 2015
Loved Elusive Memories! Started reading and it grabbed me tight. Sam is a feisty tough girl with a smart mouth, and I liked that. The story unspools quickly, and I just did not want to stop reading. I read some of it slowly so I could begin to build a vision of Sam's world in my head, and then fast and then faster because I needed to know Right Now what was going to happen. Then Kindle is telling me I am ninety per cent done, and I do not want to be done.

There are plenty of unanswered questions
Shirley
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know it's a good read when you keep flipping back and forth at the end to make sure it's really over because you really, really, really want more!

The paperback release party for Elusive Memories gave me just the incentive I needed to finally get to this book. Now I could kick myself for waiting so long. *sigh*

The world created in Elusive Memories was harsh, but outside the walls of The Northern Alliance Betterment Society it was a lot like our own. That kind of made it even more frightenin
Dustin Morley
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
A bit of a disclaimer: I'm part of a writing group that the author, Amanda Shofner, leads.

The story didn't pull me in right away - it begins with Sam stuck in a prison of sorts. She doesn't really know what's going on. I've always had a hard time reading claustrophobic stories, as I enjoy adventure and mysteries in grand settings.

However, once Sam began to figure out what was going on, the book became an absolute page turner. There was mystery, adventure, urban fantasy, science fiction, and roma
Kristin
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, kindle, own
Straight up great UF. I have this song stuck in my head, "Let's get this army started..." (sung to a certain Black Eyed Peas song). I sure hope there's more to this world! Full review soon...
Leonardo Dearie
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought of you

Somewhat different from other authors and their storylines we can get together and live up to its promise and make it a reality
Krystle Lewallen
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elusive Memories had a very strong story line that kept me completely enthralled. I wasn't so sure about it at first because, unlike other books, it doesn't tell you much about why everything is going on right away. It kind of worked backwards through this one. But I liked that. It worked with the story line. I actually would much rather read a book with more thought and dialogue then a book that does nothing but describe what everything and everyone looked like in so much detail that it didn't ...more
Lou
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Elusive Memories we meet Sam; who has found that she is locked in a compound with no memory. Sam is slowly learning what may have happened from someone else who is being held in the compound too. She has also begun experiencing memories; these memories aren't necessarily always her own either. You see Sam is gifted, she is what is known as a Memory Bringer. Her family have been Memory Bringer Elders in the past.

Whilst in this compound Sam has witnessed and experienced some of the methods the
Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
First reviewed at Once Upon a Chapter

Elusive Memories by Amanda Shofner was exactly the paranormal break I needed! I picked up this book because I have read both of Shofner’s non-fiction blog related works. I found them both immensely useful and I wanted to give her ficiton debut a go.

Elusive Memories has a lot going for it. So many of the elements of the story worked for me. I enjoyed both Sam and Coop. Their personalities played well off each other. In fiact I liked all the characters, even th
Brittany
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read-books
Likes:

1) Character Development

One of my favorite aspects of the books is that you get to learn about Sam as she tries to regain her memories. This type of character development allows the reader a really in depth look into the character. Sam does not remember anything in the beginning and is stuck in a cell with little to no provisions. She learns about her past and present through reappearing memories.
2) Human characters

The characters are not perfect, thank you Amanda Shofner! I am getting so s
Melissa I
Elusive Memories (The Hunted, #1) by Amanda Shofner by Amanda Shofner

Thank you Goodreads and author Amanda Shofner for the chance to read "Elusive Memories" from the Goodreads First Reads Program for an honest review. A Fantastic read. I look forward to continuing reading the Series and would definitely recommend. I liked the novella, "The Unexpected Gift" (The Hunted #1.5"), at the end as well.

Full review to come asap....

Juli Manz
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Confusing at first but push through!

What an interesting concept for a book. The beginning starts out rough -- better suited to visual than the written word, perhaps, until Readers become more acclimated to the oddity of the prose, because the setting and characters are very unclear.

As the story and memories progress, the plot unfolds in a unique and captivating story to create what this society considers the Utopian dream for them.

Twists and turns, as well as betrayals, make for a quick fun read
TheGeekyBlogger
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read for Fun (Kindle)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 3.75
Story Rating: 4.25

First Thoughts when Finished: Elusive Memories by Amanda Shofner was a unique (can't stress that enough) story that pulled me and didn't let me go. (Read in one afternoon). I enjoyed the mix of suspenseful storytelling and fringe paranormal. This is one of those series that will catch you off guard and make you want more! What can I say I am ready for the next one :)

Part of the Read It, Rate It, File It, Done Revie
Stacey
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. I was immediately pulled into the world and the characters. It's well written and engaging.

Great choice for a summer read (or anytime).

description
Hitzuji
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was really surprised of how good this book is. I got it because it was free in amazon that day and had no expectatives. Since the very beggining it got me inmersed and intrigued. I really liked Sam, the protagonist, such a good character. The story is really good, as well. I enjoyed so much reading it and flew through it.
Tèo Sip
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: free
Good book but I can't help feeling that it lacks something...
Gabby Martinez
Dec 04, 2014
Krista
Apr 14, 2014

• Mercy, A Gargoyle Story
  • Served Cold (Best Revenge, #1)
  • Almost Broken Up (Almost Bad Boys, #1.5)
  • Want It (Rule Breakers, #3)
  • One Week (HaleStorm #1)
  • The Vengeance of the Vampire Bride (Vampire Bride, #2)
  • Once a Hero
  • Hunted
  • Adrian Lessons
  • That Voodoo You Do (That Old Black Magic, #1)
  • The Demon Of Synar (Forced To Serve, #1)
  • Day of the Dragon
  • Shift (Realms, #1)
  • The Tale of Atterberry (The Faire Pendant Series, #1)
  • In Bed with Her Boss / Rich Man's Fake Fiancee
  • The Kingdom
  • The Man (The Firebird Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Sacrifice (Dark Paradise #2)
Amanda Shofner explores the connections between family, friends, and lovers in contemporary romance. When she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading, investigating the Twin Cities with her dog Scarlet, adventuring to new restaurants, drinking coffee, or declaring, "There's a Futurama episode for that."

The Hunted (2 books)
  • Hidden Illusions (The Hunted, #2)