Start by marking “Because She Loves Me” as Want to Read:
Because She Loves Me

Because She Loves Me

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  17,454 ratings  ·  1,093 reviews
A gripping tale of jealousy, obsession and murder, from the No.1 Bestselling author of The Magpies.

When Andrew Sumner meets beautiful, edgy Charlie, he is certain his run of bad luck has finally come to an end.

But as the two of them embark on an intense affair, Andrew wonders if his grasp on reality is slipping. Items go missing in his apartment. Somebody appears to be fol

Published September 2nd 2014 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Because She Loves Me, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Imogen Orlova
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  17,454 ratings  ·  1,093 reviews

Start your review of Because She Loves Me
Dita
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

1. A character named Dita!!

2. A balls-on nuts girlfriend.

3. Very stabby.

4. Fantastic ending.

5. Anything by Mark Edwards!

My fave of all his books!
Delee
I loved this book...until I didn't...

BECAUSE SHE LOVED ME is one of those books -in my opinion- that suffered from the author thinking that it needed a twisty ending. Not all books need a twisty ending! PLEASE AUTHORS...you don't always have to stump the readers. For hundreds of years people wrote books without "WTF" endings. Don't get me wrong- I love endings with a hidden surprise..but only if it is well done- this one not so much...

photo f92ccafd-f3ae-461e-b238-57dad45b8a55_zps1962c1ad.jpg

When Andrew Sumner meets the beautiful and feisty Charlie- he
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holly sh*t! What a roller coaster ride I just climbed out and took deep breaths! Breathe in! Breathe out! More water please, nope, please somebody bring me the wine bottle or something stronger!

I had a great time because I read this book which is so NASTY, DISTURBING, MIND NERVING, SOUL SHAKING, DARK, CREEPY! And of course I finished to binge watch You’s season 2 at the same day. So yes, I think from now on, I’m gonna be most septic, dubious person on the earth and I cannot judge everything with
Judith
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** 5 Stars ***

This is so good.....

I've had this on my Kindle for ages and I've no idea why I waited so long to read it.

This just captivated me straight away.I love a story of deep obsession.....think of the films Fatal Attraction and Misery and if you've read You by Caroline Kepnes, you'll probably get me.

Andrew is a little bit jaded.He's a bit of an introvert.
He's at the hospital one day having treatment when he bumps into the beautiful Charlie....
Is it a coincidence or something more???
They f
Lisa
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so torn.

The first 90% of this book gets 5 stars. The last 10% DOES NOT.

But that's just me.

I'm giving this one 4 stars because Mark Edwards really had me caught up in his world. I couldn't wait to get back to this book and find out more, more, more. But then THAT happens. My forehead hit the table. I just was not a fan of THAT happening.

Maybe you'll think the ending was amazing. I've read the reviews and plenty 'o readers do. But of course I have to be difficult and NOT like that ending. Le
Sue
"Because She Loves You" is a psychological thriller by Mark Edwards, (the best selling author of "The Magpies"),and is my first book by Mark Edwards. It is hard to write a review for this novel, without spoilers, so I will try to limit my comments.

This thriller novel is an emotional rollercoaster,coverings a real gambit of emotions ranging from emotional abuse, insecurities, manipulation, relationships, control, obsession, betrayal , trust and most of all JEALOUSY.

This was a gripping thriller w
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone, Psychological Thriller Fans
Superb! Another brilliant psychological thriller that will keep you guessing from the pen of Mark Edwards. Very well written twists and turns in this novel. I had a few moments of my eyebrows being raised and making shocked sounds. All readers like to be clever to work out what's going on in books, well I was not so clever reading this one as it got me. But I love that. The book won!

What's the book about?

Christine
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Because She Loves Me is the first book by Mark Edwards that I have read. This is a very compelling read of psychological suspense.

The set up encompasses the first 15% of the book and moves along nicely. The suspense factor starts to creep in at that point and slowly builds to a crescendo over the last 85% of the book. I love that steady even progression of tension; I think Mr. Edwards pulls this off better than anyone else I have read in the last year. The protagonist, Andrew, is a good guy, bu
Bibi
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Didn't believe the resolution. I'm bummed cos I was really hoping for something similar to *Misery*.

Sigh.
Patrice Hoffman
I am hovering between a 2 and 3-star rating. My initial reasoning for the 2-star rating is based on the fact that Because She Loves Me by Mark Edwards is just like every other novel based on obsessive love connections.

Everyone knows the type of story I'm referring to. Boy meets insatiable girl who warps his mind with sex, more sex, better sex, and even better sex. He's so wrapped up in this woman's love (and legs) that he can't see straight and that's besides the fact he's initially dealing with
Matt
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Returning with another stellar thriller, akin to THE MAGPIES, Edwards helps readers forget his blip that had fans staring at the skies and asking that the former author be returned to earth. Andrew Sumner has been through a great deal at a young age: some significant relationships turning sour and a major eye operation that almost left him blind. When Charlotte (Charlie) appears at a vending machine, Andrew is left to wonder from where this ginger-haired goddess came and how he might see her aga ...more
Erin (from Long Island, NY)
Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh the frustration!! I can’t say all the ways I loved this book without giving spoilers.. But I enjoyed it more than anything I’ve read in a long time! From the beginning to the end, & all in between! (& did I mention that ending??!) Wow!! If you like these types of books, please read it. (Btw, this was my first by this author & im ALL in!) SO good!!

PS. Thanks Dita, you were spot-on!!
David Staniforth
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having finished this book, I find myself torn when it comes to rating it. On one hand it was gripping throughout, especially the latter third, upon which I struggled to put it down. And, the characters were well drawn and strikingly individual. On the other hand, for such a top selling author, I found elements of the writing a little amateurish and dotted with errors.

The twisty ending came as a big surprise. Not that there would be a twist, but in the direction that the twist went, as it wasn’t
Tracie
Aug 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, suspense
Gary
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had heard a lot of good things about Mark Edwards novels from my Goodread friends so I decided to see for myself.
I instantly liked this book, so much that I read it in one sitting and then started on the other book I had of his straight after. Great characters, excellently developed plot that is well paced and twists and turns to keep you guessing.
A psychological thriller that is so well written you will struggle to put it down as I found to my cost.
You just want to keep reading to find out
Bren
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All fans of twisted Thrillers.
Recommended to Bren by: Dita
“In the old days – or so I’ve heard – you could go round someone’s place and rifle through their record collection, take a look at their bookcases. Now you have to scroll through their iTunes or click on their Kindle.”
― Mark Edwards, Because She Loves Me

Dita is my favorite character in this book.

So I have read the reviews. Seen the differing opinions and point of views. I am going in the direction of team "Yes! This is GREAT!!". I must say this was such an addictive read.

I am to tired to do a p
Joya
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Loved it...until I didn't.

This book was kind of like eating an ice cream cone that was soooo amazing and when you get to the cone you find out it's made of cardboard instead of sweet waffle cone goodness.
Sue
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I have given this book my precious reserved 5 stars, its so well laid out and so addictive [as was the characters] holding my attention that it cannot be any less [for me]

I rarely give 5 stars these days, border on 3's and 4's, BUT if a book really does get that 'addictive' feel in my hands, holding my attention, not wanting to put it down, taking my kindle everywhere I go, going to sleep begrudgingly when all I want to do is read yet my eye lids are closing......then its definitely a 5!

I cannot
Liz Barnsley
So another madly addictive and excellent thriller from the pen of Mark Edwards who is fast becoming a favourite of mine when it comes to adult psychological fiction with those lovely little twists and turns and mad misdirection that make a reading experience so much fun.

In this novel we meet Andrew who believes he MAY have found the love of his life. But all is not right and as more and more things go wrong around him, he begins to wonder just who it is he has become involved with…

Another diffic
Lisa
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

So I read my friend's reviews for this psychological thriller and every one alluded to the ending of this book. Naturally I had to know what they were talking about...but...

photo Curiosity_zpsqrzehtje.jpg

And of course everybody was right!
This is the story of Andrew who has had a hard time in life. He meets Charlie and they embark on an intense love affair but then things start to go wrong.

photo green-eyed-monster_zpsknect45u.jpg

Charlie is incredibly jealous (view spoiler)
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
**2.5 STARS **

. . . Nuff said.

** Mark Edwards, I'm sorry this story didn't work for me. I wish you much continued success. **
Stefanie
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 4.5
This is the first book I have read by Mark Edwards and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This was also the first time I read with a buddy so I think that increased my enjoyment of the whole experience. There is no doubt that Edwards is a talented writer and the mystery unfolded with just the right pace. He wasn't excruciatingly slow to build the tension and he didn't throw it all at the reader in the last chapter. For each mysterious occurrence there were at least two possibilities (if not mor
Ova - Excuse My Reading
Well written, but I didn't like the ending. It was suspenseful, I wish the end was a bit different!
Review will be on my blog soon: www.excusemyreading.com
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
WOW!

Because She Loves Me is an extremely tense psychological thriller which totally shocked me.

Andrew is just a typical average guy whose life takes a turn for the worse when he meets the beautiful Charlie. Andrew first meets Charlie at the hospital where he is being seen for a problem he has had with his eye. Thinking he will never see her again, he is over joyed to see her at the train station. From that point on, the pair are literally never apart.

From the start Andrew and Charlie's relation
Rachael
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the way Mark Edwards writes men. They are flawed, but they aren’t all cheating, lying, arrogant, chauvinists.

I love the way he writes women. They are flawed, but they aren’t all helpless, blameless, stupid victims.

I’ve had huge problems with thrillers where both sexes are written in such a stereo typical way. In a lot of thrillers I’ve read lately, the men are all evil and the woman are pure as driven snow, but even if a woman were a serial killer, she’s still a beautiful, fragile, victim
Kristin

A-Z and PopSugar Challenge with Karly and Jess

A book with a love triangle - Because She Loves Me
E = Edwards, Mark

3 stars

First I want to state that this was a quick, enjoyable read that kept me interested. Edwards' writing flows really smoothly and for the most part, you really feel apart of Andrew's world.

Unfortunately this book suffers from bad ending-itis. It's not the worst I have ever read but it felt thrown in as an afterthought, to add a twist to keep it exciting. The problem was that it
Elaine
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like-it-like-it
When Andrew meets Charlie he thinks all his romantic ships have come in. They seem the perfect couple. But, what follows, is a tale of obsessive love and twisted jealousy which moves at a cracking unputdownable pace with plenty of twists and turns in it, towards a climax that will come as a surprise. It is best not to know too much about the plot, so as not to spoil the read, but if you like dark psychological fiction that keeps you guessing and not knowing who exactly can be trusted, then this ...more
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
An interesting tale of jealousy, obsession, and murder.

Andrew Sumner has not led a charmed life, so when he meets beautiful, edgy Charlie, he is certain his run of bad luck has finally come to an end.

But as the two of them embark on an intense affair, Andrew wonders if his grasp on reality is slipping. Items go missing from his apartment. Somebody appears to be following him. And as misfortune and tragedy strike his friends and loved ones, Andrew is forced to wonder is Charlie really the girl of
Kandice
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? I'm not Catholic, but I think Andrew and his sister need to be blessed by a priest because they are seriously cursed! Yup, nobody has said that yet.

P.S. I really enjoyed The Magpies and I love the little "shout outs" Mark Edwards gives to Lucy in this book.
Carla Palmeiro
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot of ‘Because she Loves me” is surprisingly, or maybe not so much, straightforward and somewhat clichéd : lonely and boring boy meets apparently wonderful but mysterious girl. They have great chemistry and lots of steamy sex. They start a relationship. Strange things start to happen affecting all the boy’s closest (female) friends, co-workers and past lovers. She seems very controlling and possessive is she to blame for the boy’s sudden out of control life?!

At some point I thought to myse

• The Blissfully Dead (Detective Lennon Thriller, #2)
  • From the Cradle (Detective Lennon Thriller, #1)
  • Killing Cupid
  • The Perfect Life
  • Forward Slash
  • One Shot (Detective Patrick Lennon #2.5)
  • The Guest: A psychological thriller with a shocking twist
  • Should Have Known Better
  • The Venus Trap
  • The Other Wife
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • His Wife's Sister
  • Right Behind You (DCI Tom Douglas, #9)
  • 4 Riverside Close
  • The Apartment
  • Before I Die: A psychological thriller full of twists and turns
  • All Fall Down (Kate Maddox, #2)
  • What Lies Between Us
Mark Edwards writes psychological thrillers in which scary things happen to ordinary people.

He loves love hearing from readers and always responds. Mark can be contacted in the following ways:
Email: mark@markedwardsauthor.com
Twitter @mredwards
Facebook: www.facebook.com/markedwardsbooks

You can download a free box set of 'Short Sharp Shockers' by visiting www.markedwardsauthor.com/free

Mark has sold