Start by marking “Broken Open (The Hurley Boys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Broken Open (The Hurley Boys, #2)

Broken Open

(The Hurley Boys #2)

Beyond passion. And beyond their control…

Five years ago, Tuesday Eastwood's life collapsed and left her devastated. After an empty, nomadic existence, she's finally pieced her life back together in the small Oregon town of Hood River. Now Tuesday has everything sorted out. Just so long as men are kept for sex, and only sex…

Then she met him.

Musician and rancher Ezra Hurl

Published December 1st 2014 by Harlequin HQN (first published November 25th 2014)

Auntee
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of hot contemporaries; fans of interracial couples
Yum! Ezra Hurley is delicious!

A quote from the book: "Holy crap, that's Ezra? He's like a nuclear Testosterone bomb wrapped in velvety smooth hot man skin."
 photo e4db4fae-e7e2-4857-9801-dc856426beed_zpsaee87389.jpg

A little background: Broken Open is the second book in Lauren Dane's Hurley Boys series, and it's another winner. This one focuses on oldest Hurley brother Ezra (how's that for an original hero name?) Ezra's a 30-something former rock star turned rancher. Ezra had a bad drug addiction (heroin) during his rock star days, but has been clean an
The BookChick
Once again Lauren Dane has crafted a superbly evocative and sexy story with unique and engaging characters. I really enjoyed The Best Kind of Trouble and didn't possibly think the series could get any better. Well, how wrong I was in that assumption. Broken Open definitely ups the ante with two characters who are perfect together in their brokenness.

Tuesday Eastwood and Ezra Hurley were well thought out and well-rounded as individuals and as a couple. They were both saddled by past experiences
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Second chances at love is not for everyone. For someone who loved their husband deeply, Tuesday is longing for the closeness of her lost beloved. It is years, but for her, it seems like just yesterday her best friend and lover left her to a world coloured in shades of gray. When a chance meeting with Ezra Hurley results in a kiss, Tuesday's world cracks open just a little bit to let in some colour. Ezra is no saint. He's alienated family and friends in the past and he's still paying for his sins ...more
Tina

I was very much anticipating this book just on the meeting of this couple from the first book The Best Kind of Trouble.

I loved the first book in the series. It was a good, solid book that looked at the building of a relationship from the inside. No real external conflict, just the struggles and issues that a pair of grown ups with lives and a past have. It also did a great job of drawing a picture of a big, complex family as well as a fantastic friendship between two friends, Natalie (t
Jen
Review to come; as soon as I get some more time! Great read though! I love all of the Hurley Bros but Ezra is extra special and sexy to me!!! He's my fave!!
Dali
She makes his heart sing. He makes her heart come alive. A passionate, sweet and touching romance about two people that help each other heal past wounds and look the a future filled with happiness and primal intensity.
“We’re both broken in multiple ways. And yet we found one another. My broken pieces fit with yours.”

Tuesday Eastwood has been putting the pieces of her life back together. After losing her husband she became a shadow of herself, drifting aimlessly from one place to another. Bu
Bookbeauty
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
I think the author ends the plot in 50% of the file and the rest drag. I noticed this in the other books in the series.
The hero is in doubt up to 95% of the story and I was already pissed off because nothing happened.
I think the most interesting thing was to see the evolution of the story about Kelly and Vaughan and how badly she was treated by the mother-in-law of hell.
========================

“I get caught up in it. It’s like he gets near and all my parts samba. He’s powerful. He takes up oxyge
Darkdamsel
5 Stars
I love this book!
MrsJoseph

4.5 Stars

"No more living in blacks and grays. Loving Ezra has left me broken open. I can't pull myself back together if he walks away. He's my missing piece. Don't get me wrong - if he comes back and says he can't give me what I need, I'll survive. That's how life goes. But I want to move forward with him."
-page 251

Dee
4.5 Stars

Tuesday's story was very sad and she was a pretty amazing woman but Ezra was definately the star of the show, drool worthy and I absolutely adored him.
Monica **can't read fast enough**
A good steady romance, but one that I didn't feel especially sucked into. I'll probably read more in the series eventually.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

"I'm ferocious. I'm dark and broody and broken."
-Sweet Hollow Ranch

♥ TUESDAY & EZRA ♥

We all remember Tuesday & Ezra from the first book in the Hurley Boys series - where Ezra's brother Paddy found Natalie again, who he had a thing with ages ago...

And now it's time for Nat's best friend and roommate Tuesday to fall in love with Ezra.

Ezra, who used to be THE rock god the world loved.....

description

...until he couldn't withstand the temptations of the Rock'n'Roll lifestyle and became a heroin addi
Sassafrass
I had to read this once I finished the first book. This one had such a different feel than that first, but that was completely appropriate. Both Ezra and Tuesday had these really dark things inside of them so that should have been reflected in the tone.

I really loved Ezra and Tuesday together. I wouldn't have thought it at the beginning of the first book, but they fit. And all the dirty sexy times didn't hurt either. Whew! Ezra was a mad man between the sheets. YUM.

I appreciated the fact that ra
Jessica
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely my least favorite lauren dane book and it makes me really sad to say negative things when i love her as an author so much (and rereading the Brown sibling series finally gave me the courage to go get my nips pierced). So for the first half or so of this book I just really really didn't like it. Like so much so I didn't pick it up for about three days to finally finish. At first it was the writing. It was oddly repetitive. I think I counted five references to Natalie as "Ezra's ...more
Adrienh1
I'm a huge fan of this author and she did not disappoint. This was a very smartly written story.
Marcia
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those stories that reads so realistic (If you run in the circles of rock star ranchers that is) you just fall in love with the hero, heroine, their friends and families. You want to believe people like this exists balancing out those *holes you run into, hopefully not on a daily basis. Erza is a strong alpha male who thrives on being the go to guy, captain save’em and a lil freaky dominant between the sheets he was a perfect match for the confident Tuesday.

Tuesday a widow had some
Lindy at BookBlinders
Lawsy! Put yourself on lockdown, the Hurleys are back!
This time we are treated to the purely sinful temptation that is Ezra Hurley. Currently running the family ranch, this former rock star has a tortured past of addiction that he wears like it's his skin. Unable to let go of how badly he disappointed his family and let himself down he is really tortured and therefore... delicious!
Of course we need an equally hurt woman and whom else but Tuesday Eastwood would qualify? A widow whose life fell ap
MsKingsPens
Confession: rock stars/singers/musicians rank somewhere between accountants and customer retention reps on my list of sexy jobs. I realize I am in the minority on that, so I usually just skip these types of books. I also cringe when I run into New Adult speak... all the "hot", "damaged", "broken" stuff gets monotonous.
I got this book on a humbug and almost quit in chapter two for the previously stated hang ups. I am really glad that I didn't. Even with all the industry stuff, the plot worked we
Darcy
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
The little that we saw of Tuesday and Ezra in the last book I was very much looking forward to this one and it didn't disappoint.

I loved that Ezra and Tuesday didn't fight their attraction. Yes, the did take things slow when they first met, but it seemed like once they made the choice to start something it was full steam ahead. Each of them had issues from their past that played into their present. It was interesting that it took them so long to talk about then and not dance around them. Once th
Wendy
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nov-14
Broken Open is the second book in the Hurley Boys series by Lauren Dane. As in the first book, Ms. Dane was able to completely envelop me with her writing.
This novel focuses on the eldest Hurley brother Ezra, a recovering heroin addict and Tuesday, a woman whose life was destroyed five years earlier. Both tortured by their past, they meet and an all-consuming craving for each other, far beyond chemistry, totally enraptures them.
Can Ezra fully forgive himself for the pain he caused his loved one
Lisa
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, november
I LOVED THIS BOOK! When it comes to Lauren Dane I turn into a squealing fan-girl.

photo excited_zpsca072db4.gif

I absolutely adored Ezra Hurley and Tuesday Eastwood. Their journey sucked me in from very beginning. This is such a wonderful addition to the Hurley brothers series.

Full review to come.
Jasmin
After enjoying the first book of The Hurley Boys series, The Best Kind of Trouble, Broken Open was a downer. This book could have been cut half short. Story was dragging on for too long.

Don't get me wrong, the characters are likeable. Too much of a good thing usually doesn't work out though.
Dabney
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I DNF'd this book because it just wasn't for me. I'm not rating it because I think it's probably a good book and/or a great read... for someone else.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

"I'm ferocious. I'm dark and broody and broken."
-Sweet Hollow Ranch

♥ TUESDAY & EZRA ♥

Ezra, who used to be THE rock god the world loved.....

Loretta
One thing I absolutely love is that Dane can address some serious issues and hurts with a lot of love and patience. Raw and deep, Dane continues to bring second chances and silver linings to the fore and in a way that wraps your heart in warm fuzzies...
The_Book_Queen
Almost 4 1/2 Stars, really, but I was a bit distracted during some of my listening time -- NOT the book's fault.
MrsJoseph
I loved The Best Kind of Trouble so when Broken Open was announced, I was rather excited. THEN I saw the cover for Broken Open and I swooned. Every once in a while publishers get covers right and this one is pretty much on the money! That BEARD. Her HAIR. Those TATS. Practically perfect, I tell you. I decided that I was pre-ordering this bad boy and I wanted it in DTB. So I did. Due to some (read: LOTS) issues with receiving my pre-order, I also have the ebook version of Broken Open.

“No more l
Kathy
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Broken Open is the second delectably steamy installment in Lauren Dane's hot rocker Hurley Boys series. In this outing, deliciously tortured rancher/rock star Ezra Hurley and sinfully sexy widow Tuesday Eastwood give in to their searing passion and unexpectedly heal the wounds of their respective pasts.

The few glimpses of Ezra and Tuesday in The Best Kind of Trouble hinted at some kind of connection between the couple so it comes as no surprise that their relationship begins pretty much right aw
Fans of Interraci...: Broken Open (The Hurley Boys Series) 5 59 Jul 08, 2018 03:34PM

• Colorblind (Moonlight, #2)
  • Scandalous Heroes Box Set: Sensual Romance
  • Being Plumville
  • All You'll Ever Need
  • You Belong to Me
  • Sunday
  • ZAHIR - Her Ruthless Sheikh: 50 Loving States, New Jersey (Ruthless Tycoons, #2)
  • Juneau Heat (Urban Heat, #1)
  • Before Sunrise
  • The Taming of Katrina (Chevalier Men #3)
  • Three to Tango
  • Broken
  • Poetry Man
  • Connelly's Flame (The Megalodon Team, #3)
  • Sated (Fit Trilogy, #3)
  • Kiss of Fire (St. James Family #2)
  • The Sweetest Taboo: An Unconventional Romance
  • Incarcerated (Love and War #1)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,

The Hurley Boys (3 books)
  • The Best Kind of Trouble (The Hurley Boys, #1)
  • Back to You (The Hurley Boys, #3)