Start by marking “Forbidden Awakening (Awakenings #1)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Awakening (Awakenings #1)

Forbidden Awakening

(Awakenings #1)

Elle Reid and Sadie Williams are best friends, turned lovers. Always considering themselves to be friends with benefits, they opt to let loose and celebrate after landing a high-profile project with the best architecture firm in San Francisco.

Callum Davis and Derek Flores have been best friends since they met at college. While they've admitted their attraction to each othe
Paperback, first
Published (first published December 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Awakening

Jennifer Garcia
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, arc
This is a great journey about Elle and Sadie who are not only in love with each other, but they fall in love with two other men, making them a four person relationship. Elle is afraid and in doubt of a lot of things, but Sadie, Callum, and Derek show her she deserves to be loved and happy. They take us through the disapproval of parents to gathering some understanding.

The characters are well done and I loved them all. And the romance ... It's steamy and hot and sweet and not overly done at all.
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Forbidden Awakenings is the first book in the Awakenings series and is a very unconventional romance. Elle Reid & Sadie Williams are best friends and lovers for the last 10 years. They meet Callum Davis and Derek Flores at a club. That night changes their lives because they all end up together in this relationship.

I loved that both Callum and Derek have supportive parents. I was upset that both Elle and Sadie didn’t. I think our children should be loved unconditionally but we don’t always g
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Lisa Bilbrey for providing an ARC of this amazing story. I have been a fan of Lisa's for a few years as a fanfiction writer, so I knew once she decided to write original fiction, I would be a supporter of hers. This hasn't changed one bit. Lisa surprised me by including me in the acknowledgements and I cried of course! Lisa has also been a huge supporter of this blog and for that, I thank her!

I am usually not a reader of slash (m/m or f/f) romances, but there are a few authors that ca
Wendy
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MELODY
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Bilbrey brings you a very different kind of story. Elle and Sadie have been friends forever, lovers not as long. They have been there through the ups and downs of life. Trying to get their design firm off the ground they make and land a profitable project with one of the most prestigious architecture firms in San Francisco. They go out to celebrate their good fortune and meet Callum and Derek. An mind blushing encounter with them happens. The twist when they got to the firm on Monday turns ...more
Noles
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Awakenings By Lisa Bilbrey is well worth the price you pay for it and it definitely deserves more than 5 Stars !!!

Trust me when i say this though .. & that is that this book is full of gooey goodness .. wrapped up in a delicious package ..

The love between Elle, Sadie, Callum & Derek is simply beautiful ... With these four no bars are held ..

No stone is left unturned when it comes to expressing every inch of their love .. and they make no apologizes for it either ...

They have
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
The typos were distracting but I'm flouncing because this just isn't my preferred genre.
Vampiremama
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I was provided an advanced copy for an honest review.

If you’re looking for a steamy book, this one checks all the boxes. When writing sex scenes for a group of four it can be easy to get lost in the who is doing what and miss the feel, this is a trap that Lisa avoids very well. Each encounter brings something different without becoming a :fit two pegs into two holes how to.

The plot line was simple and straight forward and entertaining. All in all a good summer read.
Danielle Goodwin
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lisa Bilbrey's "Forbidden Awakenings" is the first tale in the Awakenings Series. This is a hot M/M/F/F polyamory tale. Lots of hot sexy combos. I think the M/M stuff was my fave. Family drama and stress infused with lots of sexy lovin'. Ha - and they work together! I can't wait to read #2.
Liz
Jul 30, 2015 added it
I read this as fanfiction and couldn't finish it. The writing is horrible and Im glad it was free. Simply hit the X and find something better.
lemon
rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2016
Caitlin Buchanan
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
all I can say is that this book was so very steamy...
Marsha
  • Under These Restless Skies
  • Caught in the Middle
  • Wide Awake
  • Over the Edge
  • Surreal (The Divine Trilogy, #3)
  • Rm w/a Vu (Rm w/a Vu, #1)
  • The Blessing and the Curse
  • Mistletoe Magic
  • The Trouble with Dating a Movie Star (The Red Carpet. #1)
  • The Beaches and Brides Romance Collection: 5 Historical Romances Buoyed by the Sea
  • Leave the Lights On
  • The University of Edward Masen
  • A Favorite Son
  • Perhaps I've Said Too Much (A Great Big Book of Messing with People)
  • Unexpected Circumstances
  • The Perfect Tree (The Forbidden Room, #1.5)
  • Millicent Marie Is Not My Name
  • Taunting Lips (A Teasing Hands Accompaniment)
Obsessive, compulsive, slightly crazed, but enough about her personality. First and foremost, Lisa Bilbrey is a mom to three and a wife to one. She loves to write, and spends the majority of everyday writing. It's who she is, and what she's meant to be doing. Words are her life, the air she breathes, and the nutrients of her soul.

Finding a love in the written word, Lisa Bilbrey started writing as

Awakenings (2 books)
  • Forgotten Awakenings (Awakenings #2)