Start by marking “Murderous Lies” as Want to Read:
Murderous Lies

Murderous Lies

Imprisoned for murders he didn’t commit, Max Kensington is exonerated after eight years when a new witness steps forward. He returns to his hometown and no one’s happy to see him, least of all his ex-fiancée, Rosemary Spelling.

Max’s return forces Rose to confront her feelings about the past. The day he killed her sister ruined Rose’s life, destroying her family and
Published June 24th 2014 (first published June 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Murderous Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murderous Lies

Start your review of Murderous Lies
Rachelle Ayala
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first page, tension sizzled as Max meets Rose after being jailed many years for her sister's murder. Rose is not sure what to make of Max, but all the unresolved feelings make it hard for her to ignore him.

Add an overprotective sheriff and a town full of potential suspects, and we're off on a wild ride to figure out who REALLY murdered Rose's sister and who is after Rose right now.

The action is fast and nonstop, gluing me to the pages until the wee hours of the night. What I liked about
The Author Visits
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Note: A copy of this book was provided by Chantel Rhondeau in return for an honest review by The Author Visits team.

Murderous Lies, the latest installment from author, Chantel Rhondeau is my first foray into the romantic suspense genre. I enjoyed the adventure.

Max Kensington, falsely accused of a string of murders, is finally absolved of his crimes and released from prison. It’s been a tough eight years but returning home is no walk in the park, receiving a less than stellar reception from his
Nancy Stopper
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3 1/2 stars for Murderous Lies. I really enjoyed reading Murderous Lies by Chantel Rhondeau. This is my first book by this author. I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The author creates a compelling introduction to the story, capturing the reader's interest from the first page and keeping them interested until the final shots are fired! The author crafts captivating suspense throughout the story and keeps the reader guessing until the villain is ultimately revealed - its ...more
Lisi Cabrera
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that my eyes hurt because I couldn't put this book down until I found out who the murderer was. I loved how I suspected different people throughout the story. Poor Max sent to jail for a crime he didn't commit & wasn't released until almost 8 years later when someone finally stepped up with testimony that cleared him. Then there's poor Rose who loved Max but lost her trust in him when he was charged with killing her sister. Will Rose finally believe in Max's innocence? ...more
Barb VanderWel
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Anne Kulasa
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! This was one Intense, Suspenseful, steamy book!!! I couldn't put it down. Max and Rose had this amazing love and bond that even being falsely accused of murder of her sister, time spent in prison and then released couldn't break it. Now that Max is back, murders are happening again, and again they are looking at him, but Rose will not let him go down. Together they fight for their love and to find the true murderer. There are so many twists and turns, you don't know who it is until the ...more
Cynthia
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lies

Max was convicted for killing his girlfriend's sister 8 years earlier. Someone finally admitted they know he didn't do it. He is out and wants to find out who. Rose finally believes he didn't do it. She still loves him and helps him find out who did.
Alicia
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a truly amazing novel!! I was hooked and engaged from the very beginning.

With such an in-depth plot that takes many twists and turns, and strong character development, the reader is easily caught up in the story and has a hard time disengaging if necessary.

"Murderous Lies," is a definitely a "not able to put down read." I put it down once, when it was so late at night I could barely keep my eyes open. But I was right back at it as I soon as I awoke. I couldn't wait to see how it ended...

Rebecca Austin
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Max Kensington is back in town after being in jail for murders he did not commit, including the murder of his high school girlfriend's sister, Sage Spelling.

Rosemary Spelling knows in her heart that Max did not kill Sage, but when murders start happening in town when he shows back up, she must decide what to do.

Max and Rosemary are still in love but realize they can not move ahead with him branded as a murderer. Will Max and Rosemary be able to find out the truth before either one of them get
Kerry
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great book by Chantel! When Max gets released from prison, he immediately goes to find Rose. Max was accused of murdering Rose's sister, but he gets acquitted when new evidence comes to light. Rose had given into the town gossip that Max committed the murder, but after being with him again she is not so sure. I just loved this book, and Max and Rose were great together. Even though it was a quick read, there was great character development. Very enjoyable!
Evelyn Nathalia
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story is full of suspense, murders and lies. A perfect title for the book. An amazing cover with an amazing story inside it. Expect the unexpected. You can feel the characters inside the book while reading it, making this book more and more astounding.
A perfect story for mystery reader who loves discovery. This story makes me forget everything in the outer world.

A 5.5 out of 5 stars if I can give it.
Breanna Eichhorn
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that this is one of my favorite books. I was hooked from the first page. It's very well written and the characters were very well developed. This is one book that I know I will be able to read again and again. This is my first book by Chantel Rhondeau and it wont be my last.
Chantel Rhondeau
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Coming July 11, 2014, my latest stand-alone romantic suspense mystery. I loved writing Rose and Max's story, and look forward to sharing!
Teresa