Start by marking “Law & Order, Crime & Chaos (Always Cambridge, #4)” as Want to Read:
Law & Order, Crime & Chaos (Always Cambridge, #4)

Law & Order, Crime & Chaos

(Always Cambridge #1)

In the next highly charged installment of the Always Cambridge Family Saga Series, all the men in Holly’s life come together in one common goal—to keep the woman they love alive.

Special Agent Alex Orton of the FBI prepares Holly for the rigorous court proceedings to come, where she will testify not only against her own family, but also against the Mayhue crime family, incl
Published July 1st 2014 by eXtasy Books (first published April 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Law & Order, Crime & Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Law & Order, Crime & Chaos

Mary Waibel
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been looking forward to reading this series since I first heard about it releasing.

HK Carlton takes you on a gripping journey of discovery and growing up as you follow Holly, daughter of a mobster, from childhood into adulthood.

In this first book, you follow Holly from pre-teen to college student. You watch as she falls in love and learns about the world around her. You hurt with her as she suffers loss and realizes she will never be able to lead a normal life.

HK brings Holly, Randy, and
Naksed
I was a bit on the fence after reading the first book of the series, Always Cambridge, unsure whether I would continue with Book 2. After reading Running, I am SO GLAD that I stuck with it. I absolutely loved it and I can't wait to read the third installment Misfortune of Birth.

The thing that I don't like in general about series is that the sequels are not really an organic continuation of the original but merely repetition. A lot of them feel a bit like a cynical attempt to cash in on the popul
Naksed
I am really digging this series about a woman trying to escape the legacy of violence and crime that she was born into. As I mentioned in my earlier review of Book 2 of the Always Cambridge series, Running, this is not the same story told from another POV or a superficially changed plot, as many series in the genre seem to be. With each installment, the reader gets a true, organic continuation of the story and there is a certain amount of unpredictability that makes it a real pleasure to read.

T
Christina
3 Stars - 4 Flames

If you're looking for a quick, "it is what it is", kind of read, then this is for you. If you're a commuter, I'd recommend this. That being said, this didn't quite do it for "me".

While working undercover to take down the head of the mafia, Vivienne (aka Kate undercover) and her partner infiltrate the strip club owned by their mark, hoping to find a way to get that arrest. While working, Viv can't help but stare at the head dancer, Carly. She's hot and can turn anyone on, even
Ruthie Taylor
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This may be really short, but it manages to pack a punch - both romantically and also with the mafia plot. There were a few times when I thought that surely Kate and Mike would be unable to talk so openly whilst undercover, but it served the purpose of getting us up to speed quickly.

The descriptions of the onstage dance between Carly and Vivi is super hot, and it certainly doesn't stop there. The twists in the plot were
Helen
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story it is hot steamy and very sensual as Jason and Lainey go on a wonderful journey to a HEA. Jason was a rock star but he grew tired of the life he lead and gave it all up to become a teacher and a good one he gets on great with his students, Lainey is going through a messy divorce from a football star they had been together since school and have a teenage daughter who is taught by Jason. Lainey and Jason's first meeting has sparks flying Jason has never felt this with a ...more
Jennifer Wright
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book, and am kicking myself for not finding the time to read it sooner. Now I'm off to buy the next one!
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens when Chef Sesto Théodore and erotic Author Ms Syn Fully.” Collide on the set of his Pilot series Protégés? The Attraction is so strong it left them both confused, breathless and they could of burns the kitchen down. It’s a wild ride! If you like lust, hot sex and humor; this 📖 is for you.
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own-books
As a Book Reviewer I have a policy to only review books I’ve won through giveaways and books written by members of an internet support group I belong to. Having read/reviewed two other wonderful books by this author which I’ve won, you can imagine how I felt when I won this novelette. The following as always is my honest review.

For those of you who’ve watched any of the ghost hunter genre of programs on cable you already know what happens when you enter the realm of spirits who’ve been held eart
Gabbi
This is a difficult review to rate and to write. On one hand Better than Another Man is a very thought-provoking, well-written story between two best friends, (one gay and one straight) who decide to explore the love and affection they have for each other. On the other hand, one of the reasons why I read romance is because I want the two heroes to work through their issues and find their happy ending together. Unfortunately for me, this didn’t happen. I don’t feel uncomfortable in telling you th ...more
Carrie Lahain
I would characterize this erotic tale as a "long" short story. College students Callie and Haines don't like each other, but they do share a strong sexual attraction. During a typical (for these two and their crowd) night out drinking, Haines decides that Callie has taken her teasing ways too far and teaches her a lesson that would get most men in real life five to ten years in prison. But this is the world of erotic fiction... Callie, incensed-but-secretly-titillated by the encounter, turns the ...more
Erzabet Bishop
Andi has been fascinated with Street since she first laid her lust filled eyes on him. Putting him out of her mind for a long time, she has a chance encounter with him and his girlfriend Toni under a streetlight in the wee hours of the morning. Pure unadulterated sex is in the air and Andi falls hard for Street and his amorous advances. One thing leads to another and you have Andi facing an interesting menage situation that she is not at all prepared for. This is where things get really interest ...more
Karen Komarinski
I received Jack and the Jean Stock as a gift and I am so blessed and Happy to receive it. Not only is this book a cleaver and creative twist on a favorite fairytale, I found it to be a very heart warming story about love, life and know one should be ashamed of themselves for being different. Jack is very hard working and loyal to his former boss and company just as all the employees are, because they take pride in what they produce. This is foreign not only to Titan but his cousins who now hold ...more
Bilabi
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is pretty simple, mob princess 9yr old is infatuated with one her "suits" (bodyguard). She has no life cos her life is always in danger thus the lack of freedom and friends. Her only friends are her Suits.

Book 1 is pretty much a very long prologue setting up the background and feel for the future books.

Holly starts off as innocent as any 9yr olds could be. Gradually you see her grow into a teenager and guys start noticing her (only a few was mentioned tho). Feelings develop. Though ov
Sandra
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-best-books, mafia
This book is one of the best that I've ever read! It keeps your attention from the very beginning until the end. The main female character is strong, brave and I like her so much. Well written and bravo for the author! Dual POV that I also liked very much. A MUST READ book and I guess the whole Series!

I am only sorry that not so many people from my surroundings have heard about this Series that deserve more to talk about it. It is about mafia, secret and forbidden love with dark elements in it,
Donna Gallagher
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
I loved everything about this book the title, the cover, the way the story unfolded right through to the epilogue. It was sexy, romantic, funny and sad in all the right places. I felt for Lainey and her struggles, enjoyed Jase’s interactions with his boisterous students and his desire to lead a more normal life. The secondary characters really added to my enjoyment of the story, although I have to admit to being nervous that the villain was a footy player, considering my affection for those type ...more
Mary Waibel
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoy ghost hunting, possession, and steamy sex, then you will love this quick read from HK Carlton.

When Crish and Josh first meet, sparks fly, but things take an odd twist with lost time at a haunted house. When they finally learn what happened, it only increases their desire for each other, and to learn more about the ghosts they encountered.

The ghosts have their own game plan in motion, and I can't wait to read the next book in the series to find out what happens next!
B. Bento
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book. Very smooth but fun and sweet. No difficulty at all, very clear, and straight to the subject. I like it very much and do recommend of those who like light and easy love stories. Just warning that there are no rock star and stage or band story. He's and ex rockstar how left it all to become a history teacher and fell in stately of some students mom at the teacher- parent meeting.
Donna Gallagher
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Enjoying this series very much. I've not been able to guess which way the author is going with the story and am constantly surprised and delighted. Looking forward to book 3. I still haven't made up my mind which hero to cheer for.
Marian
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and steamy
Amy
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-them
Bittersweet, but in the end they both were gonna have a happy ending.
Karen Komarinski
Holly has been on the run and now she has come out of hiding to not only bring down the Mayhue's but the Cambridge family as well with the help of the FBI. She has another protector agent Alex Otrton; they challenge each other but she still is lost without Randy and now she is drawn to the man she intended to bring down Victor Mayhue. Things from Holly's past were not the way she thought they were, but her corse is set and she does not care if she makes it out to love another day.
Joyce Pennington
I absolutely loved this Scottish tale, an action packed story I just couldn’t put it
down. Brilliantly written! One of the best I’ve read this year.
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who knew studying could be so exciting

Alec was studying for dinner finals so he could stay in the business program. Test did not come easy to him, at 25 he did not know he should continue his higher education; the Miss Benton the sexy Book Minded offered to test his knowledge. If you are looking for a hot, sexy fun read look know further H.K. Carlton hits it out of the park that will make you smile & blush.
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own-books
Before becoming a Book Reviewer I’d never been a real on-going reader of books, but since becoming one and I’m beginning to enjoy reading every genre of books. Which is why I’m happy to have won the first three volumes [e-books] of the series these books are part of, as this is the first real adult mystery/suspense series I’ve begun to read. The following is my honest opinion for Volume 1 of this series, “Always Cambridge.”

In “Always Cambridge,” H K Carlton takes us, as if we’ve been watching th
Barb
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miranda Lang and her husband Jordie have been married for awhile and they both became not very interested in the marriage anymore. Miranda wanted the career life while Jordie wanted a wife and babies which Miranda couldn't give him those because she was married to her job. They grew apart and both decided that a divorce would be the best way to stop hurting each other.

In marriage you sometimes hold secrets that the other spouse should've been told. But you are so afraid of how the other person
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own-books
I usually don’t go for erotic romances, however when I heard H.K. Carlton has written a quick to read short story [novelette], I couldn’t resist checking it out.

When I read the storyline for “Next Weekend” it quickly reminded me of the Rupert Holmes song of 1980, “Escape” [“The Pina Colada Song”]. If you can’t remember or don't know what I’m talking about, here it is.

After reading this endeavor/endeavour I’m happy to say my assumption has been proven to b
Exquisite Reviews
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book… The play on an old child story really made this book different.
Jack’s life is on a downward spiral, he is doing things he would never do in order to make his mom comfortable. Having a sick parent, mounting bills, and now the company he works for is in jeopardy.

Titan is the troubled son of Jack’s mentor and friend Cronus Gigandet, Titan is upset knowing that Jack was more of a son to Cronus than he was. The resentment, guilt and anger Titan feels has him confused to the feelings
Karen Komarinski
Holly Cambridge at a young age knew she was different, and it wasn't bad enough that she was looked down upon by the people in her community and school but she is harassed by her sister April who blames her for killing her mother, since she died only weeks after having Holly; & Holly's Dad treats her like an inconveniences. Holly is shown love by paddy and a young man named Randy she meets when she is 9; and Randy later becomes not only her personal bodyguard but her confidant, best friend a ...more
Erotic Readers & ...: An extended expicit excerpt from Lost Time 1 6 Oct 05, 2014 07:48AM

• Craig's Heart (Legacy, #7)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • Worth (Bend Anthology)
  • Alexia Eden (FairyTales Don't Exist, #1)
  • Hit 149 - Anna Brookes First Chapter (HiT, #1)
  • Pavarus (Finding Home, #1)
  • Hired To Kill (A Mafia Empire #1)
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • Indiscretion
  • Birth of a Queen (SINS Series Book 2)
  • Arrogant (New York Heirs, #1)
  • Claiming His Tease (Club Rack and Ruin, #1)
  • Rock Star (Dream Weaver, #2)
  • The Cahokian
  • The Frenchman's Captive Wife
  • Fearless Attraction (Cassie, #2)
  • Die for You
  • Surrendering All But Her Heart
H K Carlton is a multi-published Canadian author of romance and it’s varied sub-genres. Including contemporary, paranormal, historical, family saga and erotica.