Start by marking “Rockin’ the Alternative” as Want to Read:
Rockin’ the Alternative

Rockin’ the Alternative (What's His Passion?)

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
The chance of a lifetime and the touch of a rock god are offered to music journalist Bryan Gallagher on the same day. Embracing one is easy, but resisting the other is harder than he’d anticipated—especially since Bryan has never been with a man.

It could be his dream assignment. Aubrey King, the legendary god of alternative rock music has requested to meet with journalist
ebook
Published August 1st 2014 by Totally Bound (first published July 31st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rockin’ the Alternative, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rockin’ the Alternative

Catherine
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Not incredibly realistic, but this little morsel was both sexy and sweet. The writing and characters were 4 stars for me, but because this wasn't a full story, I can't give it full marks. It has done its job, however, and I'm already making grabby hands at Rockin’ it Forever.
Tsubaki
While I'm not opposed to instant attraction in romances nor the whole gay-for-you theme in particular. But the two together was rather… off.

Aubrey King, a famous rock star who disappeared a decade ago, was ready to make his come back in the music world. To mark the special occasion, he planned to release a biography and insisted on well known rock writer Bryan Gallagher to do so. Bryan, himself, was a huge fan of Aubrey's and was willing to do whatever it took to get the job. The two meet for t
T.M. Smith
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Short, Sexy and Steamy.. my three favorite colors!

Aubrey King is an aging rocker that is in a place in his life where he longs to be loved. His problem is he is always drawn to the emotionally unavailable single men. The fact that he is gay really isn't a secret, he's never admitted it, but not exactly hidden it either. His adoring fans choose to believe he's bisexual. Gearing up for a comeback he's ready to publish his memoir as well, and he chooses one of those sinfully sexy straight men to p
A.O.
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
Rockin the alternative is interesting for a short book. Lemme explain, the attraction a bit too fast but the fact that Bryan was a massive fanboy made it less of an Instalove…. Scratch that, the book makes me wonder if it’s all lust or love. Emotions were thrown in pretty quickly, but the author managed to pull off a subtle character arc for Aubrey and Bryan.

Also, Damn Aubrey need to chill a bit on the seduction, He was on the prowl and all I could think was ‘ subtlety thou art a lost cause ’ PS
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Stars.

Morticia Knight is a new-to-me author.

Rockin' the Alternative is the prequel to Rockin' It Forever. Rock God, Aubrey King, contacts Bryan to write his memoir, not realizing the young man idolizes him.

This short story takes place over the course of one evening, more than half of it lusty between-the-sheets action as the rockstar manipulates the straight writer into exploring his sexual boundaries. Not that Bryan isn'
Morticia Knight
Mar 30, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For those of you who have been waiting for the continuation of Bryan and Aubrey's love story, I'm thrilled to announce that the full-length novel - Rockin' it Forever - will finally be available for pre-order on May 3rd, early download at Pride Publishing on May 17th and on general release June 14th. :-D
Andrea
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: calibre
Insta-love and GFY combo made for an unbelievable read. If those can be overlooked, this is a gripping little glimpse into what Rockin' It Forever will further explore.
Louan
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Instalove on fast forward. Way way too short and I can’t find a copy of the extended version anywhere. It’s a bit far fetched but I’m a sucker for the instalove genre. Bryan was too cute and I wanted to know more about Aubrey.
Anna
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. This could've been a solid 5 stars had it been longer. I loved Aubrey and Bryan as MC's, I would truly read more of their story as either a novella or a full length novel. I feel like what I read was the first 2-3 chapters of a much longer work. Like a teaser or something!
Hesitantly recommended!
Wendy Ann
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews - 4 hearts

Prepare to go from zero to sexed up and steamy in record time with this delicious morsel. Normally, I’d say it would be near impossible to throw together two guys in a scenario involving one gay and one supposedly straight with a fourteen year age gap and come out the other side with a believable gay-for-you romance in about fifty pages. Magically, this author managed to do just that!

The two things that really make this work so that it doesn’t feel l
Veronica of V's Reads
Aubrey is a rockstar working on a comeback. He's been disenchanted with his fellow musicians who seem to only be out for money. Aubrey's kept a good bit of himself private for the sake of "the business" and he's unwilling to sacrifice any longer. It's interesting that he seems to have a crush on a young, but prolific, rock writer--Bryan Gallagher, so much so that he's willing to divulge his biggest secret--his sexuality--to only Bryan, if Bryan will agree to write his memoir.

Bryan Gallagher has
Deanna
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Bryan Gallagher is a music journalist that is given the opportunity of a lifetime, Aubrey King wants him to help pen his memoirs. Aubrey King was the lead singer of Falling in Stereo but has been out of the spotlight since the band broke up ten years ago and is now getting ready to launch a solo career.

Bryan is excited about the assignment, he's been a fan of Falling in Stereo since he was a kid. He will have to work hard to keep everything on a professional footing and not fan-boy all over the
Lisa1269
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brian and Aubrey are combustable…
What an intense connection between these two characters, the chemistry between Bryan and Aubrey is absolutely combustible. A celebrated music journalist, Brian’s reaction to meeting the musician who inspired him, Aubrey King, is immediate and visceral. Despite Brian’s initial struggle to shrug off his immediate starstruck reaction, it’s Aubrey who appears to be the more vulnerable of the two despite his flamboyant persona. With a long established predilection tow
Joyfully Jay
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Short stories-love them or hate them-they work or they don’t. Rockin’ the Alternative, well, it rocks.

Aubrey has hand picked Bryan to write his memoir and Bryan cannot believe he is meeting his rock idol. Sure Aubrey has had his share of men, but he is looking for the one, not the one who only wants to bed a rock star, but the one who gets him and gets his music. Bryan gets the music, but has never entertained the idea of being with a man. Aubrey is a bit lonely
Kendra T
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Bryan Gallagher is a rock journalist who is given an opportunity to write the memoir of his rock idol, Aubrey King. He has always identified as straight, but has never met anyone who really understood his connection to music. When he meets Aubrey, Bryan is enthralled and Aubrey wants Bryan in every way possible. Bryan has never considered being with a man before, but there is something about Aubrey that causes him to go for it. Their
Monika
Very short, very steamy and in my opinion very sweet. Reading Rockin' the Alternative on it's own would have left me confused and disappointed, it started with a bang but ended with a WTH that's it? By itself it isn't long enough to feel much for the MCs but it's enough to wet your whistle. Luckily there is the sequel Rockin' it Forever which ties it all up.

**Note...I screwed up. I started reading Rockin’ it Forever not realizing there was this short little story to start me off. It's heavy on i
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

When Bryan Gallagher has the chance to meet his idol Aubrey King and help him write his memoirs, he's more than excited. There's no one he admires more in the world. What he didn't expect was the instant attraction that surged between the two of them, especially since Bryan is straight.

Bryan and Aubrey were very likable characters, although I would've liked that Bryan showed a bit more hesitance at just falling
Andrea Goodell
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay so not all but so so true. We are not left with a cliffy but at the beginning of a beautiful start to a relationship and you just can't wait for more.
Bryan is a freelance writer and just made the short list to interview his idol, the one person that got him into the music biz. Aubrey King. Aubrey has been MIA from the music world for ten years and part of his comeback is this interview. What neither one expect is the explosive connection.
The connection is amazing, fast and real. When you kn
Tammy
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

I enjoyed the story. It was just too short and the ending was a bit abrupt. I really liked the characters and would have loved to learn more about them and see more of their time together. It could easily be a 5 star read for me with further development. For the most part the story takes place over the course of 1 day. The mc's get together and develop strong feelings for each other in that short amount of time. This may be a turn off for readers who don't like insta-love stories.

Rachel
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A bit too much instant love and gay for you in this book.
But the attraction between them was kind of believable.
The shared passion for music was clear though and brought them together.
I think the it happened it such a small timeframe that the book just felt a bit off. I'm interested in the full story though and will wait for their next book.
I received this book free for a honest review.
Riina Y.T.
Sweet, sexy, hot and beautiful with a lot of emotion.

There is no way not to fall for Aubrey and adore Bryan!!

I'll be impatiently waiting for more from those two!
Kudrat Kaur
Dec 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
I can't be bothered to copy paste and format/gif the review I wrote so if you're interested in all the reasons I do not recommend this book you can find my review on GBR

0.5 Stars

DTM
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was awesome! Would love to read more!!!!! However, for such a short book, it had it all! Fantastic!
Mimi
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute musical story dealing with a straight guys falls in love with his musical idol. One word SWEET.
Paisleyrowan
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good.
Michael Mandrake
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 I wanted more from Bryan and Aubrey to have more. It ended to abruptly.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it

Dana
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Everything moved a little fast for me but I really enjoy this author's writing and the chemistry between the two main characters.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
M/M Erotic Romance author Morticia Knight enjoys hot stories of men loving men forever after. They can be men in uniform, Doms and subs, rock stars or bikers - but they're all searching for the one (or two!) who was meant only for them.

When not indulging in her passion for books, she loves the outdoors, film and music. Once upon a time she was the singer in an indie rock band that toured the West
More about Morticia Knight

What's His Passion? (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • What's His Passion?
  • The Brick Yard (The Brick Yard, #1)
  • Climbing the Savage Mountain (Mountains to Climb, #2)
  • Dark Warrior
  • Fistful of Lies
  • Hiding In Plain Sight (Vegas Hustle, #2)
  • Love Matters (Matters, #2)
  • Mountains to Climb (Mountains to Climb, #1)
  • Outcast Cowboys
  • Picturing Lysander (Lysander, #1)