Start by marking “Ready to Love Again” as Want to Read:
Ready to Love Again

Ready to Love Again

After a bitter divorce, aquarist Katie Rodriquez and her nine-year-old son move to California to start over. A fateful stroll on a Carmel beach turns Katie’s world upside down when she meets a handsome doctor and his troubled family.

Chase O’Donnell had everything a man could ask for when a tragic accident changed his life forever. Tortured by his past, he locks away his gr
Published August 7th 2014 by TWCS Publishing (first published August 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ready to Love Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready to Love Again

~Tina~
I had the great pleasure of reading this in it's original form back in my fandom days when it was titled, Holding Out For You. It was one of my most treasured fics, so it was to my absolute delight when I found out that Annalyse Knight finally decided to published this. I knew that I needed it for my must have collection!

Ready to Love Again, is a heart-warming and heartbreaking story about a women who went through a messy divorce and a widower trying to pick up the missing pieces after his wife
Sandra
Formerly the Twilight fanfic "Holding Out For You".
Rhiannon Overby
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a beautiful novel a divorcee and a widower, both discovering a second chance at love. Katie and Chase not only have to overcome their own past relationships but they are forced to deal with the struggles that their children are facing.

If you're looking for a beautiful love story with a bit of heartache, fun banter, and beautiful relationships this book is for you. Ready to Love Again is brilliantly written and has believable characters that make you fall in love with them from the
Shirley Frances
Karie moves to California with her son to start a new life away. She's looking forward to start anew, but nowhere ready to the feelings the handsome father of her son's best friend arises in her. She's not looking for a relationship but her attraction to him, his kindness and his charms call to her every time. But she's been hurt before and she doesn't want to be there again--especially when she comes to realize that Chase is not quite over his broken heart.

Chase hasn't had it easy the last cou
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

OMG this is a brilliant debut novel by the author. I literally could not put it down and read through the night until I had finished the book and the dawn chorus had started. I have already put this author on a must buy immediately for the next book list it was that good.

The story will sweep you with the character and their emotions, and there were times where I was sitting there with tears streaming down my face w
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
First off I want to say how much I enjoyed this book and connected with these characters. I myself went through a divorce, so I understand not only going through it but watching kids go through it as well. I also understand taking that chance on someone and opening your heart back up to love. So yes I connected very well to these characters.

Now with all that being said I want to talk about the writing, plot, characters and all that jazz. I have read this book twice as of today, I enjoyed it tha
LovelyStyle
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leí este libro hace años ya y siempre será de mis favoritos. Es cierto que es un fanfic de Crepúsculo, y que eso es un handicap para mucha gente, pero si no es el mejor está muy cerca de serlo. No soy fan de la saga de los vampiros y eso no impidió que esta historia me enamorara y me llegara al corazón. Muy bien escrita, muy bien llevada la trama y simplemente preciosa.

Katie se traslada a Carmel con su hijo, tras un feo divorcio, para empezar a trabajar en el acuario. Al llegar conoce a Chase, u
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ADRI'S REVIEW:

Thank you to TWCS for providing us with a copy so that we could bring you this review.

I have to say that this was such a sweet, heart wrenching at moments story. Though it deals with some very tough topics it was really a great way to show that even when things are rough we can still find love again. Even after Chase loses his wife and his life get turns inside out, he gives himself a chance to let go and find out what life can offer him. Its a rocky and bumpy road to get to that p
Heather Duff
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
So Ready to Love Again is a real feel good heart warmer of a tale, it has a dashing widowed Doctor and his two kids, and it also has a divorced mum of one trying to escape her controlling husband.

Chase O'Donnell has lost the love of his life but after three years he tries to make the best of it with the help and love of his sister Gina they both make sure his two kids are happy, another woman in his life is not top of his priority list but that is until he meets Katie Rodriguez recently moved t
Ivyd
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seeking a fresh start for herself and her nine year old son, Shawn, Katie Rodriguez accepts a job at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Chase O’Donnell, a surgeon at the local hospital, believes he’s handled the death of his wife three years prior. With the help of his sister, Gina, he’s buried his grief in work and his children, nine year old Anthony (Tony) and eleven year old Elizabeth (Liz).
Katie and Chase’s chance meeting on a Carmel beach sets the stage for these two wounded hearts’ second chance
The Hive
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Andrea’s Review:

A beautiful story of second chances at love Ready to Love Again pulled me in immediately. Through the impactful writing of Annalyse Knight, I found myself sighing with emotion, laughing at the silliness and enjoying the comfort of each character.

Katie Rodriguez is finally putting her happiness and that of her sons happiness first. Having left an unhappy marriage she is setting out for a new beginning on the coast of California along with her 9 year old son, Shawn. She has no wa
Liza
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review

A very heartwarming story of trying second chance love against odds.

Overall, I like Read To Love again. It speaks not only about romance but the value of a family and putting our loved ones in priority.

Annalyse Knight has characterized Chase and Katie very well that every reader will really fall in love with their journey to second chance love. Chase's loving personality towards Katie and his children is perfect while Katie's strength as a divorced woman i
JadeShea
ARC
Ready to Love Again begins when Katie and her son Shawn move to California after she recently got a divorce. She knows things will be tough, but when Shawn makes a new friend at school, and wants to join the baseball team she meets his friend's dad, and things taken an even stranger turn.

Chase has been struggling the last three years with the death of his wife, and taking care of his two children. Now, when he finally notices Katie things start to spin out of control in his world.

These two
karmaforlifechick
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Ready to Love Again by Annalyse Knight in exchange for an honest review.

Katie is a recent single mother of one, who has moved to another town to escape the ex-husband's control, Chase is a single father of two children who is still trying to move on from a tragic accident that devastated him and his children's world. Shawn,Katie's son and Tony, Chase's son meet and despite their opposite personalities form a tight friendship which brings their parents together in more ways t
multitaskingmomma
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mf, romance
If you enjoy reading love stories written for adults, then Ready to Love Again is a must for you. Annalyse Knight has crafted a beautiful tale around lives that adults lead, challenges that must be faced, and a romance that is worth fighting for. This isn't your typical cutesy story about people fresh out of college falling in lust for the first time in their lives; rather, it's a serious, deeper one with all the situations that more mature couples have to deal with.

Read the rest of the excerpt:
Kim Beck
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that touches more then one emotion. It shows you a struggle the family has to heal and move on. It shows you the sacrifice that one women makes to help. All in all it touches on every emotion possible and it's one of those books that touch the reader. Even if you haven't lost anyone, everyone has dealt with grief at one point in their lives. Take a chance and read this book, it's one of the best that I have read. My full review is here: http://allnightbooks.com/2014/08 ...more
Annie
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ready to Love Again is a touching story about blending two families that have both experienced loss.

Both Chase and Katie had their marriages end in very painful ways. In Chase's case, until death do us part, is easier said than done. Katie, on the other hand, had to start over after a divorce.

I love how the story is as much about the children and Chase's sister as it is about Chase and Katie,
because their lives were affected as well.

We all make plans for our lives but sometimes God has an even b
Jennmc75
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great modern love story. There is nothing more realistic today than falling in love and having to work in the children from other marriages. I found myself laughing, crying, and yelling at the situations that arise. I can't wait for the next book from this author.
Autumn
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2014
A true modern love story...

Full review on Agents of Romance -

Chris
Just as good as I remember the original version.
Denise
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it: so hoping there is a sequel.
Monica
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
Loved this story of finding new love and learning and dealing with loved ones that have passed. Beautifully written.
Kathlyn La