Start by marking “Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1)

Flirting with Fire

(Hot in Chicago #1)

The first installment in Hot in Chicago, a brand-new, sizzling series from Kate Meader that follows a group of firefighting foster siblings and their blazing hot love interests!

Savvy PR guru Kinsey Taylor has always defined herself by her career, not her gender. That is, until she moved from San Francisco to Chicago to be with her fiancé who thought she wasn’t taking her “
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published March 24th 2015 by Pocket Books

Aisling Zena

I'm gonna be brutally honest here. I have a migraine, I'm on my period, I'm hella cranky and frankly too tired and lazy to write a proper review at the moment. All of which probably affects my opinion on this as well. I got annoyed with several things in this one and you know what, my perverted soul wanted more sexy times and definitely more descriptive sexy times. So all in all it wasn't a bad read but could have been soooo much better.

description

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to find my migra
Kate Meader
Jul 01, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Hey, everyone! FLIRTING WITH FIRE is the first book in my brand new series about Chicago firefighters, Hot in Chicago. Meet the Firefightin’ Dempseys, a family of foster siblings who work hard and play harder. Wyatt, Luke, Beck, Alexandra, and Gage have followed in the footsteps of their late foster father, legendary firefighter Sean Dempsey, and live by the lessons he taught them: fire is stronger than blood and defend the people you love to the last ember. Book 1 features Luke, an Irish-Cuban ...more
Claire Robinson
May 27, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 - "Use your words." Star.

DNF @ 70%

I am a huge fan of Kate Meaders' writing. Sadly this one did not hit the heights that her previous books have with me.

At halfway, nothing much had really happened with Luke and Kinsey. The little additions with Gage and Brady held more interest for me.

The pacing of this book is also a lot slower than my previous reads from this author, and although there are nuggets of her usual verbal and inner monologue brilliance the gaps of slow pacing are too long and to
Jo
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“You fuckin’ slay me, Kinsey.”

Kinsey Taylor learned the hard way that being a strong-willed female isn’t always appreciated by the opposite sex. When her fiancé, who she moved from San Francisco to Chicago for, dumps her for a more “feminine” nurse, Kinsey decides that never again would she put herself second for any man.

When her new job as the assistant press secretary to Chicago’s mayor brings her in contact with firefighter Luke Almeida, she’s determined to do her job of cleaning up th

Lyndy Ann ♫
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flirting with Fire ticked all the right boxes for me. A sexy HOT, bad tempered fire fighter Luke Almieda who has the biggest heart and is the family protector. Kinsey Taylor is a bossy, strong, sexy career driven independent woman. This has everything you need for a great read, sexy romance, funny sexy banter, sweet family moments and great characters I loved ALL the Dempseys.

Kinsey is sent by the Mayor of Chicago to clean up the image of Engine 6 fire house after a punch up between CFD and CPD
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange of honest review.

[image error]

If you read the Baby, It's Cold Anthology, we had an early introduction to the sexy Dempseys Foster Siblings. And in Flirting with Fire by Kate Meader, we are introduced to one of the eldest of the Dempseys foster sibling, Luke Almeida.

#FlirtingWithFire

Luke Almeida is the hot sexy alpha firefighter, former Marine who loves three things: his family, his work and sex. He has lived his life in serving and protecting the Dempseys name. His siblin
Sheryl C. Nash
Oct 28, 2014 marked it as to-read
GEEZUS... I WANT THAT DUDE ON THE COVER SO BAD.... *PHWOAR* COME TO MOMMA!!!
Gretchen  (About That Story)
4.5 out of 5 stars

This was an excellent read! A full, detailed, rich story with well rounded characters that had real depth and vulnerability. Together Luke and Kenzie had fantastic chemistry and where both challenging which made for great animosity and playfulness. There were a major amount of sparks flying between these two which made for some hot-hot-hot times! Loved it!

Kenzie and Luke had a great build to their relationship. It was a bit complicated but fun and sexy. Kenzie was this super st
KathyAnne
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favorites
Oh man... this was so good! Great story with great characters that left me completely and thoroughly satisfied! I'm really looking forward to the next book... :)
This series revolves around the Dempsey family who were all raised together as foster children. They now all work as firefighters in the same unit. Luke is the guy that has elected himself as guardian of his foster brothers and sister. Because of a haunted past, he is obsessed with making sure they are safe and protected. He also has a
Lover of Romance
Horrid narration....butchered the story will try it again in physical format
CC
Firefighter meets jilted woman. Hmmm. It was pretty fun and I really enjoyed the family. Especially Gage! It was a bit corny and the heroine pulled a very lame chicken move at the end, but it all worked out since Luke was a total rockstar!

I plan to read the next book and hope it is just as good!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When I read the prequel for Kate Meader’s Hot In Chicago series I knew readers were in for a treat and she’s proven it with the first full length book in this series Flirting With Fire. I love an author who can make me laugh out loud, make me sigh, and make my panties melt off and Ms. Meader has done that and more in this book. The foster brothers and sister that make up the Dempsey family are crazy, sexy, devoted and dedicated to uphold the
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

I honestly hadn't been expecting much from this novel, in fact based on the cover and the synopsis I was expecting this one to be pretty bad. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I found myself starting to enjoy the story. I loved how Meader created so many different intertwining plot lines and even a secondary romance with one of Luke's foster brothers; there was hardly a dull moment, and I loved that!

Though there was nothi
Risa Ann
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been wanting to start a fireman series for a long while now and I feel like I found the PERFECT one to start with! I hate getting all synopsis-y with books, especially when I’m behind in reviews, so I’m just going to bullet point a few things out…

• Hot ass fireman family in Chicago

• Like…the whole family of foster siblings….all firemen…and women…

• Strong, independent and heartbroken lady…

• Said lady meets fireman…

• They split a lot of hairs and hurtle a lot of sarcastic banter/insults ba
Meri
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet, romantic story and very easy for reading to fulfill your free time.
Talk Supe
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I need a real life Luke Almeida. This dude needs to be my boyfriend. Perfect combo of
Rough and tender AND he likes his women strong and steadfast. Respect!

I love you, Luke!
Teresa Rapkin
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Smart and sexy contemporary romance! Review to come.
Jillian Stein
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Flirting With Fire is the first in a new series from author Kate Meader and after falling in love with Kate’s work in an earlier anthology, I was dying to read this book. Well, to say this book lived up to all of my expectations would be understatement of the year…

Kinsey Taylor and Luke Almeida meet under less than ideal circumstances. He’s gone and gotten into a bar fight with one of Chicago PD’s finest, which was now all over YouTube, and as the Mayor’s PR whiz, she was now charged with showin
CL
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

ARC received from: Publisher

Rating: 4.5*

Cover: Yay

Trope: Some flirty firefighter fun

Chemistry: Off the charts Scorchio

POV: 3rd Person

One-Sentence Summary: Kinsey Taylor, almighty PR guru, is tasked with reforming bad boy firefighter Luke Almeida and *spoiler alert* sparks fly

Review: I'm a big big fan of Kate Meader and ever since I first met the Dempseys in the 'Baby It's Cold Outside'anthology, I have been eagerly awaiting the first full length novel in the series and it did not disappoint!

Fr
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blogged, arcs
I swear Kate Meader is my new favorite author. I just recently discovered her writing and so far I’ve loved everything I’ve read. Really I just can’t get enough!

Luke is super sexy. Not only is he hot AND a fireman but he’s all about his family and, come on, is there anything sexier than a man who puts his family above all else?
Then there is Kinsey the sexy, smart PR rep sent in to save the reputation of the city by cleaning up the image of punch-first, think later Luke.

The chemistry between the
Cory
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

I really enjoyed the story of Kinsey and Luke. It's easy to see the love being the Dempsey siblings and I really loved the fact that even though the main story was between Luke and Kinsey, we also got a glimpse of the story between Gage and Brady. How can you complain when you have MF and MM all within the same book??

Looking forward to Alex and Eli's story next! :)
Talltree
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!!
Ezinwanyi
3.75 stars.
It was cute and fluffy but I enjoyed both character a lot
*The Angry Reader*
I get the alpha-male/sassy-female trope. But Luke was unlikable enough in the beginning that it was difficult for him to redeem himself. I also don’t dig on heroines who are in a relationship while screaming about how they don’t want a relationship. If y’all are hanging out all the time, spending time with family, having sex, having meals, talking about your feelings, including one another in plans and you’re together. You can get all wrapped up in your head about it - but that’s a relationship. ...more
Maria Rose
This sexy contemporary romance, first in a new series (though a prequel novella Rekindle the Flame was released in the Baby It's Cold Outside anthology), is the story of Luke and Kinsey. Kinsey is a public relations specialist who works for the mayor's office and she has her hands full rehabilitating Luke's firefighter image after an unseemly brawl with a police officer leads to an ultimatum - shape up or ship out, splitting up the Dempsey foster family if public opinion doesn't turn in their fa ...more
☕️Kimberly
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Coffee dates with Flirting with Fire

First Date: Our tale begins when we meet Kinsey Taylor a PR guru working for the mayor of Chicago. She is walking into a Firehouse right into the lockers wearing a pair of Jimmy Choo heels and mentally questioning (despite the terrific sale) why folks wear these painful things. Right away, I like her. She is on a mission to find Luke Almeida a firefighter who caused a PR nightmare for the city when he slugged one of Chicago’s finest at an afterhours bar. She
Stacie
Nov 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Well, what can I say? For me this one wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. For me, Luke and Kinsey's relationship was a little too combative and it mostly came from her side. Both main characters are likeable. Luke is super hot. Kinsey is definitely smart and sassy, she can even be sweet, but her "I am woman, hear me roar" came off as insecure to me. When theses two did come together it was definitely HOT, but I just wasn't all that interested. I was much more ...more
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
FYI!!Fun little giveaway going on! Win a paperback copy :)
KT Book Reviews Facebook Page giveaway
Lye
Dec 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Really slow. DNF at 30%
Jewlsbookblog
This was such a fun read! I loved the chemistry and by-play between Kinsey and Luke. I got a kick out of Gage and his flamboyantly sunny disposition. And I loved the Dempsey family dynamics. I don’t know why I took me so long to pick this book up, but I’m happy I did!

• Burning Up (Smoke Jumpers, #1)
  • Return to Me (Covington Cove, #1)
  • Hot Nights with the Fireman (Alpha Heroes, #1)
  • In Flames
  • One Night with a Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #2)
  • Sweet Surprise (Sweet, Texas, #4)
  • Reckless (Rescue Squad, #1)
  • Hot for the Fireman (Boston Heat, #1)
  • Full Blaze (Firehawks, #2)
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)
  • Fan the Flames (Search and Rescue, #2)
  • Stealing Mr. Right (Penelope Blue, #1)
  • Fully Ignited (Boston Fire, #3)
  • Sex and the Single Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #3)
  • The Marriage Agenda
  • Takes Two to Tackle (Santa Fe Bobcats, #3)
  • Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy
  • Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #5)
Kate writes sexy contemporary and LGBTQ+ romance with strong guys and amazing women and men who match their heroes quip for quip. In her latest series, Rookie Rebels, a new generation of players take to the ice and learn that all’s fair in love and hockey.

Sign up for her newsletter to get updates on sales, giveaways, and new releases.

The Rookie Rebels spins off her bestselling Chicago Rebels ho

Hot in Chicago (3 books)
  • Playing with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #2)
  • Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3)
“From time immemorial we’ve been cleaning up after male messes. When a man does it for a woman, it’s called being rescued. When a woman does it for a man, it’s housework.” 7 likes
“Are you telling me that men are compelled by the mere fact of their gender to choose violence as their first resort?”
“Partly. It satisfies our sense of justice, it makes us feel good, and it always improves our odds with women.”
4 likes