Start by marking “Fairy Quest Vol. 2: Outcasts” as Want to Read:
Fairy Quest Vol. 2: Outcasts

Fairy Quest Vol. 2: Outcasts

(Fairy Quest #2)

This is the continuing story of Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf...
In the enchanted forest of Fablewood, where all the stories that have ever been told live together side-by-side, Red Riding Hood and Woof "The Big Bad Wolf" risk everything to escape their story and find a journey of their own. Traveling through new and unexpected lands in search of the mythic Map Mak
Published August 25th 2015 by BOOM! Studios (first published March 1st 2013)

Zaz
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The art was really well done, I particularly enjoyed the beginning with the dark atmosphere and the woods. I'd less difficulties to follow what was happening, which was an improvement from the previous volume. However, the story felt rushed, jumping from action to action, without leaving enough time to discover the characters or their re-told story. The volume ended on the road and I hope a sequel is coming as this next part totally interests me!
Darth
Mar 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Aight. I'm about to go off. This is you're first and only warning.

This was absolutely the worst comic I've read in a while. There seriously should be a zero star rating on here.

The author knows basically nothing about folklore and definitely does not know what the word subversion means.

See, the problem with things like GoTs and Breaking Bad and Deadpool is that they all promote subversive anti-heroes or subversion in general. Some, like Breaking Bad etc., actually do an amazing job using subv
78sunny
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ich fand es richtig toll und sogar spannend. Die Zeichnungen sind der absolute Hammer. Ich liebe Woof, den Wolf. Alles ist einfach mega süß gezeichnet.
Auch die Story fand ich richtig interessant (Fabelwesen, die nichts mehr länger ihrem Schicksal ausgeliefert sein wollen) und sogar emotional.
Den Abzug bekommt die Graphic Novel wegen ihrer Kürze und wegen des absolut offenem Ende. Das Schlimmste daran ist, dass es bereits 2015 erschienen ist und somit wohl keine große Hoffnung auf eine Fortsetz
Soobie's scared
Jeez, I really love this graphic novel... Too bad it took five years for the second volume to come out. I wonder how long it will take for book #3...

The art is beautiful: it can be very dark at times but I really like the colors of this volume.

I also like Red and Wolf's story: their quest seems really interesting and I wonder what they will find in the real world. I also adored the way Punzel was described in here. But also Andersen is an appealing character.

I'm looking
Nicole
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story continues nicely so far. I have to admit there are some parts that are confusing like how some fairy tales get turned into stone. So they slowly wither away into stone when their stories are being told less and less? Why? What are some examples? And I guess I want to know how and why FableLand started. Maybe I missed that part. Anyway, I’ll say that it is good (not as good as Saga series), but good enough that I will move onto the next book.
Bernice Rizor
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I really like this one I like old fashioned fairy tales all around good graphic art
LaCath
Dans ce deuxième tome, nous retrouvons Rouge et Lou fuyant Monsieur Grimm et ses terribles hommes de main depuis la tour de Raiponce jusqu'au pays des sorcières polaires autrefois connu sous le nom d'Oz.
Il continue bien le premier, avec ce mélange de poésie, de nostalgie et de valeurs avec un côté parfaitement décalé parfois effrayant.
Je l'ai beaucoup aimé, même si (tout comme le premier), je trouve qu'il laisse un goût doux-amer dans la bouche
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd, 2016
Revisitez les contes de fées

Épuisés de jouer chaque jour leurs rôles, Loup et le Chaperon Rouge décident de s’échapper de l’emprise de Grimm. Ils vont croiser en chemin Raiponce, Perrault et des créatures fantastiques.
Idéal pour faire redécouvrir le monde merveilleux des contes de fées du point de vue des personnages.

A. Nixon
I didn't even realise this was volume 2. It makes sense on its own although I can see how there could be more to it. Just wonderful! This book is deceptively packed with story and world-building and a rather large amount of angst (view spoiler).

I'll definitely be running out for volume 1, don't you doubt it!
Drucilla
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the original volume of Fairy Quest and this one matches up in every way...except one. I feel like everything happens really quickly. There are a few sequences/interactions that I felt would have been better if we'd lingered on them. But that's just a nit-picky thing. The quality of both the story and artwork are still top notch.
Kate
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Red and Mister Woof enter a new chapter in the world of Fablewood in meeting the mysterious mapmaker, Mr. Anderson. Not to mention the Clockmaker and Mr. Mouse. Don't know them? Hickory Dickory Dock! They fight there way to meet him and get a map by facing an unhinged Rapunzel and facing another story wolf. Can't wait to see what adventures they have in the County of OZ!
Yai Pergamino Infinito
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Esta historia sigue pareciéndome una maravilla, sus páginas se quedan cortas a la hora de dar detalles, los dibujos son una preciosidad y sin duda sus dos protagonistas tienen aún mucho que contar.

La primera parte ya me enamoró en su momento, y esta no iba a ser diferente
Estibaliz79
2 1/2... y con decirlo una vez para los dos números es suficiente.
El dibujo de Humberto Ramos es de 10, y la historia parte de una premisa interesante, pero estos dos números se quedan un poco cortos. Por supuesto, la historia continúa en otro arco argumental, pero no me engancha lo suficiente.
The Inked Reader
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, owned-comics

The art.... Oh man! The art in this graphic novel is just... AMAZING! One of my favorite of all times.

But overall the story gets sometimes confusing and it way too short for how much does it costs!
The Sapphic Nerd
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A delightful all-ages read about fairy tale characters rebelling against their traditional stories to live their own stories unscripted. The art is beautiful and the writing is fun!
Al
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería, 2017
Dios, ahora la trama me gusta más aún *^*
April
Read this one. Not t'other. I have the 1st one on hold; so soon...I hope it isn't too long 'til the last one comes out. I hate it (in one way; not others) when that happens.
Amber
Aug 05, 2017
Astartiée
May 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Paul Jenkins is a British comic book writer. He has had much success crossing over into the American comic book market. Primarily working for Marvel Comics, he has had a big part shaping the characters of the company over the past decade.

Fairy Quest (2 books)