Start by marking “Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World” as Want to Read:
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World

Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World

Bold is a visionary roadmap for people who believe they can change the world—and offers invaluable advice about bringing together the partners and technologies to help them do it.” —President Bill Clinton

Bold is a radical, how-to guide for using exponential technologies, moonshot thinking, and crowd-powered tools to create extraordinary wealth while also positively impact
Audiobook
Published February 3rd 2015 by Simon Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Bold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bold

Jay Dawkins
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Peter's laws:
1. If anything can go wrong, Fix It!!… to hell with Murphy!
2. When given a choice… take both!!
3. Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
4. Start at the top, then work your way up.
5. Do it by the book… but be the author!
6. When forced to compromise, ask for more.
7. If you can’t win, change the rules.
8. If you can’t change the rules, then ignore them.
9. Perfection is not optional.
10. When faced without a challenge, make one.
11. “No” simply means begin again at one leve
Tim
May 03, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book appeared on a couple of lists of best business books. I should have been warned off by the hype of the title, "Bold--How To Go Big, Create Wealth, and Impact the World." Don't expect anything new here, it's recycled. If you haven't read anything about crowdsourcing, crowdfunding, building communities, etc. and want to catch up, maybe. But you can get up to speed on these concepts with Wikipedia in less time without the breathless delivery.
J.F. Penn
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book which sparked tons of ideas for me. Should be required reading for all entrepreneurs or indeed anyone interested in where the world is heading in the next 10-20 years. Just wow!
The
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Google did this, Facebook did that, Richard Branson is ballsy....
Cody Shorter
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
11 Things I learnt from Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World (Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler)
bold book

1) There is so much change happening in this world at an exponential rate. It amazes me how much technology is impacting us and will continue to do so.

From the book:
Consider that, twenty years ago, the idea that a computer algorithm could help companies with funny names (Uber, Airbnb, Quirky) dematerialize twentieth-century businesses would have seemed delusional. Fiftee
Kit Pang
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read for entrepreneurs and anyone interested in today's technology and thinking BIG
Risto Kärkkäinen
If (you are interested in making a positive impact) {
read this.
}
else {
continue rereading fifty shades of grey.
}
Bob Page
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a ton of useful information about crowdsourcing and crowdfunding here, but the book is very focused on starting things and incentivizing people rather than the far more difficult and interesting slog of actually doing the work. For example, we're told we need more flow and get 17 flow triggers, but the authors don't tell us how they've re-arranged their lives to be in flow. Omissions like this make some of the concepts feel superficial. If you're interesting in crowdsourcing, crowdfundin ...more
Christa Pusateri
If you are in need of some serious inspirational kick start to Fuel Your Drive to yourself a favor and read (or listen) to this book now!
Rafael Redondo
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read for would-be entrepreneurs, especially the first part, that covers the technologies that will drive progress in the next decades and the second one, that explores the motivation for going bold
Bolek
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring and resourceful book. The previous book - Abundance - was more of an explanation of exponential technologies and frameworks for growth mindset. Bold is a practical guide that teaches you and shows you examples of how to tap into the huge potential of exponential technologies while providing case studies and best practices for tools and techniques such as crowdfunding, community building, prize incentives and other. But it also touches on mindset and flow states, as well as the importan ...more
Darren
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has certainly got its pre-publicity quotes in order. Someone no less than former U.S. President Bill Clinton declares it to be a “…visionary roadmap for people who believe they can change the world” and the head of Deloitte Consulting describes it as “… an essential navigation tool for any proactive CEO who wants to remain relevant.” The list goes on!

Acting as a how-to guide for using exponential technologies, “moonshot thinking” and crowd-powered tools to create extraordinary wealth w
HBalikov
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Despite what it says in the title, this is not a "how to" book, it is an inspirational book. There are plenty of "case studies" to demonstrate that wealth can be created and you can have impact on those around you and, maybe even those you don't know. However, this is no more a road map than Columbus had when he departed on his trip to the Far East.

I was a bit more disappointed with the chapter on building communities. There are plenty of lists but, as was said about many a river in Texas, it m
Jose Papo
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bold is a great book and it talks about the new technological trends and also on the power of platforms based on the six Ds: Digitalization, Deception, Destruction, Demonetization, Dematerialization Democratization. It also talks a lot about moonshot thinking and crowdsourcing strategies. I gave 4 stars because I believe that the book "Exponential Organizations" by Salim Ismail of Singularity University is more practical and already have many of the ideas found on "Bold".
Tony Aubé
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Peter Diamandis is a fascinating individual and so is his book. The end section where he list tips and strategies on how to actually execute on your ideas was the more valuable to me.
Matthew White
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bold is a book about how any ordinary person, with a shoestring budget, can create a thriving business. The book shows the perspective and advice from a handful of extremely successful entrepreneurs, including Larry Page, Elon Musk, Richard Branson and Jeff Bezos.

The book carries a strong sense of empowerment, and inspiration, enough to make anyone want to make a difference in the world. The author also puts the reader into perspective, as there are multiple inputs towards the overall message.
Daniel M. Lozano
First half ot the book is inspiring. The second part is literally a playbook on how to use tools to create a successful project. Worth reading it.
Sotiris Makrygiannis
I will say a rather good book with lots of practical advice on how to manage a community, how to run a crowdfunding campaign and much more. As Greek, I admire Peter Diamandis, he has done so much. In fact, the star fleet academy would be the successor of his university, I believe and hope.
Edric Subur
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Thinking always ahead, thinking always of trying to do more, brings a state of mind in which nothing is impossible. The moment one gets into the ‘expert’ state of mind a great number of things become impossible.”

Key takeaways:
1. The path to bold is paved with failures so it's critical to know how to handle risks. Outstanding entrepreneurs are not only bold at risk taking but also risk mitigating

2. Going for 10x means throwing out the rule book. There’s no chance of achieving that with existing
Asad Khan
There was more hype to the book than actual content.
The book started rather slow and I was almost about to put it down without finishing it but somehow I kept on reading it further.

The book for me after the first half became a little interesting. The crowd sourcing and community driven entrepreneurship chapters were something that I enjoyed reading and they came with some valuable advice.
The book other than that repeated the same mantra that we're already familiar with.

Dvir Oren
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely mind blowing book! And quite short at 200~ pages not including acknowledgements etc. Peter will amaze you with what a person can achieve in the 21st century with exponential technologies and crowd funding/sourcing. We truly live in a world of abundance. Took me ~2 weeks to finish this packed book, but oh boy, definitely 5 stars from me!

Bold – Impact the world
- Stages in exponential technologies: digitization, deception, disruption, demonetization, dematerialization, and democratizatio
Nisha D
Not as interesting as Abundance, definitely worth reading if you're planning on creating a start-up.
Vinni Dalpiccol
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, to-reread
This was good. This was really, really good. I came across it by accident when looking at the “readers also enjoyed…” section of Elon Musk’s biography and I’m happy to have immediately jumped in and started reading. This is a handbook on how to launch a business and make it grow. The author outlines strategies and is very practical in all his advice. It’s not much use to me right now, since I’m still not even enrolled in college, but I will certainly keep lots of aspects of it in mind during the ...more
Karel Baloun
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diamandis amd Kotler intended this as a follow-up to their 2012 book Abundance, this time with a focus on the exponential attitude for entrepreneurs, and just a very few specific online tools to help 10x moonshot business success.

A few parts of the book were useful, including an introduction to heroX with a history of the xprizes.

Unfortunately, far too much self promotion crowded out truly valuable tools and progress from other groups, and too much repetition prevent going into enough depth on a
Matt Hutson
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BOLD. I think all of you out there have some sense of how to be a bold entrepreneur. Even if you don’t know how to be an entrepreneur, I know you have some sense on how to be bold. You’re most likely on this page now if you are an entrepreneur or want to be, but even if you aren’t, you’re still welcome to read on, since ‘BOLD’ is not just about entrepreneurs, but also about using technology, having the right mindset, and using crowdsourcing, crowdfunding and communities to change the world.

FULL
Daniel Hipke
This book had its moments but overall there was too much filler/duplicate content. I didn't feel like I was getting an inside look into the mind of a successful innovator/entrepreneur, but rather a SparkNotes of the success of different companies/people.

I found myself skim reading near the end of the book. The second half focuses a lot of crowd funding and crowdsourcing which didn't really interest me.

Overall, I didn't really feel like I learned much about how to make an impact in the world alt
Patrick Gendron
I think this would have been a more impactful read for me if I wasn't reading tech blogs regularly. Many of the concepts that are put forth are ones known throughout the tech community. A good read for any entrepreneur, but if you aren't currently planning on building a business (small or large), not really worth it. I enjoyed the fist two parts of the book, "Bold technology" and "Bold mindset" much more, probably because those weren't a list of specific tasks one needs to do to build their busi ...more
Darien Morris
The topics in the book were interesting and seemed somewhat related, but I was having a hard time grasping how the ideas were going to be combined into a strategy someone could actually use. That is, until I got to the chapter where the authors advertise their new platform that does just that.

Some of the book was interesting, but it seemed like it was written for the platform, rather than the platform being created from these bold ideas.
Matthew Trinetti
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eye widening, mind expanding, idea amplifying book. Gives insight into exponential technologies and packed with examples of people are harnessing them to accomplish seemingly impossible feats. Hard to read this and not reflect "I need to think 10x bigger." Toward the end went deep into a specific tool - crowdfunding - which might be a useful handbook for someone about to crowdfund, but maybe unnecessary for most readers. Will spark new ways of thinking regardless.
Farhan Jaffar
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. at least the first part which is more about the new norm of doing business in todays world and where is it headed given exponential technological growth and abundance of resources/services. And how could we leverage the technology coming up with innovative ideas to impact lives. Second and last part was more tactical in that it dealt with various enablers for a billion dollar idea. i.e. democratizing the idea.
  • Tomorrowland: Our Staggering Journey from Science Fiction to Science Fact
  • Exponential Organizations: Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, cheaper than yours (and what to do about it)
  • Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success
  • Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You
  • Humans Are Underrated: Proving Your Value in the Age of Brilliant Technology
  • Not Impossible: The Art and Joy of Doing What Couldn't Be Done
  • Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City
  • The Industries of the Future
  • Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers
  • Bourgeois Equality: How Ideas, Not Capital or Institutions, Enriched the World
  • The Click Moment: Seizing Opportunity in an Unpredictable World
  • The Evolution of Everything: How New Ideas Emerge
  • Simple Rules: How to Thrive in a Complex World
  • What I Learned Losing a Million Dollars
  • Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future
  • Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
  • Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success
  • Smart Cities: Big Data, Civic Hackers, and the Quest for a New Utopia
Dr. Peter H. Diamandis is an international pioneer in the fields of innovation, incentive competitions and commercial space. In 2014 he was named one of "The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders" – by Fortune Magazine.

In the field of Innovation, Diamandis is Founder and Executive Chairman of the XPRIZE Foundation, best known for its $10 million Ansari XPRIZE for private spaceflight.

Diamandis is also the Co
“The day before something is truly a breakthrough, it’s a crazy idea.” Trying out crazy ideas means bucking expert opinion and taking big risks. It means not being afraid to fail. Because you will fail. The road to bold is paved with failure, and this means having a strategy in place to handle risk and learn from mistakes is critical.” 18 likes
“There’s an old saying in business: You’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” 12 likes