Start by marking “Fiancee for Hire (Front and Center, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fiancee for Hire (Front and Center, #2)

Fiancee for Hire

(Front and Center #2)

A satisfying category romance from Entangled's brand new Lovestruck imprint…

Former Marine MacArthur Patton has made a small fortune on top-secret government contracts and black-ops missions, but his new assignment involves something more dangerous—marriage.

Well, fake marriage anyway.

To keep weapons out of the hands of terrorists, Mac has to secure a fiancée. A sweet, demur
Published July 21st 2014 by Entangled Publishing, LLC - Lovestruck

To ask other readers questions about Fiancee for Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fiancee for Hire

• Lisa •
Jul 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: love-struck
THREE LOVE ME STARS.

"He was big and powerful and sexy as hell, and everything she'd fantasized about for years."

description

This is now my second book by this author and it's fairly obvious that, Tawna Fenske loves to have fun with her story telling and characters. This novel is a fantastic blend of romance, comedy and light suspense. I doubt there will be many readers who won't have a giggle or two throughout this storyline and I can't say I had many complaints about the sexual tension and steamy love sc
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Laugh Out Loud Stars

You'll be well compensated for your time if you're willing to play the fiancee role for a few weeks. You just need to be compliant, soft-spoken, beautiful, sweet, demure, and drama-free."
Kelli raised an eyebrow. "You're aware you just gave a complete list of antonyms for my personality."

If you're looking for a sexy and fun read that will put a smile on your face from page one and have you laughing throughout the entire book, YOU. NEED. TO. READ. THIS.

Ever since I firs
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--Fake Fiancée--Stars!!

Just an FYI, I didn't read the first book in the series, and I didn't feel like I missed anything by going straight in to this one.

Kelli gets propositioned by her BFF, Sheri, to be her brother Mac's fiancée for hire. He's a fancy shmancy military guy and for his latest operation he needs a fiancée.

"You just need to be compliant, soft-spoken, beautiful, sweet, sure and drama-free."
"You're aware you just gave a complete list of antonyms for my personality."

So Mac an
Geri Reads
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 hilarious stars!

Okay. So I had to suspend my disbelief that a woman who is against marriage as Kelli would agree to be a fake fiancee to a bossy former marine Mac. The whole "cover" thing was a little lame but I'm chalking it up to me being nit-picky with details. Plus, the fact she had been crushing on him forever but silly me, I thought that would have sent her running the opposite direction but no.

In spite of that, I really, really enjoyed this book. Full of humor and low on angst. This
Claire Robinson
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 - "Absence makes the crotch grow fonder." Stars!

I absolutely loved Marine for Hire, the first book in Tawna Fenske’s Front and Centre series, and Fiancée for Hire lives up to the high standard of its predecessor.

”Here we go, big guy. We’ll get that pork sword back in place in no time.”

Although still full of humour and likeable characters, Fiancée for Hire also offer us a little more drama and slightly darker pasts for Mac Patton and Kelli Landers. Both figured heavily in the Marine for Hire, s
Jacob Proffitt
This is second in a series and fingerprints from the first are all over it. I didn't have any trouble even though I haven't read the first, though, so skipping to this one works fine.

While I like the protagonists well enough (both individually and together), both are a huge pile of negative motivation* and that's killing the plot dead all over the place. Worse, though, their motivations are grounded in really stupid backstory events that are belied by practically everything else in the story. Ke
Janey
4 Love spuds stars..

ARC generously provided by entangled publishing in exchange for an honest review..

Having enjoyed Tawna’s writing voice in Marine for Hire, I was excited to dip into this book, the next in the series.

It centred on MacArthur Patton, a former Marine, and brother of Sheridan, who we had met in Marine for Hire. He had played Mr Elusive, Mr Tall, Dark and Completely-Detached-from-Humankind, so the opportunity to lift his sunglasses and peer inside was most welcome. (He may not have
Nicola
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Those books that make you cry laughing? This is one of them. I laughed my socks off at the exquisite perfect dry humour that Tawna Fenske has injected into Fiancée for Hire. And balance the humour with romance, fun, action, passion, emotion and a couple who have a fabulous chemistry and you get the full package.

MacArthur Patton is a mysterious, shade-wearing, protector of a man. Ex-military, his work is classified, but his latest job requires a wife...which he doesn't have. Enter Kelli Flanders,
Reanell Tisdale
5 Sweet & Sassy Stars!

This book is an absolute must read! I laughed so much in this short story! Kelli is an amazing character and it was easy connecting to her. Mac, now he is quite scrumptious! Kelli is a veterinarian who puts her heart and soul into the animals. A childhood filled with disappointment causes her as an adult to shy away from relationships for fear of abandonment. Mac also had something tragic happen as a child and he uses his protectiveness of people he cares about to out w
« Court (Take the Read) »

Third person, Dual-POV, HAE. Can be read as standalone.

"Maybe between your broken pieces and my broken pieces, we can find a way to fit everything together and make something whole."

I'm such a hoe for military/ex-military heroes.

And Mac was a great one. A little withdrawn, always focusing on the protection of others and the mission at hand, and a commitment-phobe like our heroine, Kelli.

Mac is the brother of Kelli's best friend. Hired by the government for privately contracted jobs, he's used
Rachel
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Warning: do not read this book in public unless you are willing to be subjected to odd looks and stares due to the following, giggles, snorts, guffaws, heated cheeks, feeling flushed, squirming and a smile from ear to ear.

This is what you possibly could be subjected to while reading Tawna Fenske's newest book. I can attest to all of the above and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Here’s an example “ I may look like a cabbage patch kid doll, but you should know I have a pump-action shot gun, a black b
Cyndi
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute little love story. Mac needs a demure, sweet little fiancee as a cover story. When his sister recommends her best friend he agrees to take a look at her. What he sees is a tiny blond with a quick smile. He barely remembers her as a child dashing about with his baby sister.
What he doesn’t see is that she’s a tough, smart little veterinarian. She’s used to wrestling dobermans so wrestling with the man she’s been crushing on her whole life is a breeze.
They both want it to be temporary. She
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4 1/2
REVIEW:
Loved, loved, loved this book!! Finally a lead female has my name!!!! Now granted Tawna had to change the y to an i so that no one would suspect she based the character off me. Wait? What? You didn’t? Well dang.
Any ways. Loved Kelli in book one, LOVED her in this book. I mean really how can you not love this girl. She is all sweet, proper and demure. Well that is until she starts talking or taking control of in her
Anne OK
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
LMAO! Oh my gosh -- I had the best kind of fun reading this hilariously funny and enticing story. My first book by Tawna Fenske set the bar high and I can't wait to read more. She definitely knows how to write the fun stuff and the sizzle and steam, too!
Stephanie*
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 SUPER SEXY stars

Kelli & Mac's story. Mac is an undercover military man who is working on catching a certain arms dealer, Zapata. He needs a fake fiancee to take with him to Mexico to help negotiate the deals since his ex, Griselda, is currently married to Zapata, said arms dealer. You still with me here? Okay, so his sister (being the good sister she is) helps him chose a female to become his fake fiancee and she picks one of her best childhood friends Kelli. Kelli has had a crush on her
Kathleen

Romance Rating ~ 5 Stars
Heat Level ~ 4 Stars
Ending ~ 4 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Stars

This was my first read by Tawna Fenske and what a good read it was! Fiancée for Hire had a little bit of everything - all rolled together made this a VERY good read.

The storyline was interesting all the way through, making it hard for me to put this book down. It had some REALLY funny moments throughout mak
LJT
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Do you like books about fake engagements and the best friend's older brother trope? In Fiancée for Hire by Tawna Fenske, you get them both, along with a little suspense, intrigue, and a hot couple that discovers love in the middle of a battlefield.

Mac Patton is a former marine that has made a small fortune using his military prowess to covertly protect the innocent from terrorist organizations throughout the world. He is good looking, smart, and has witnessed a ton of savagery in his lifetime. N
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
More reviews at http://losttobooks.blogspot.co

When I requested both books in this series from NetGalley this was the one that interested me most. I knew they were standalones with a slight link but I wanted to read them in order so I had to wait a little longer to get to this book, which wasn't a bad thing as Marine for Hire was a great read. However, I definitely liked this book more and it didn't disappoint at all--even when I set my expectations so high.

Fiancée for Hire was fun, dangerous,
pinK
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-military
So by the time I finished the first chapter I came to a fantastic conclusion. The heroine in this book, Kelli Landers? Yes, she is freakin' amazingly awesome. I want to be her friend, she has all the qualities of an amazing person. Kelli is confident - she stands up for herself from a client that was hitting on her shamelessly, even when standing up for herself could cause her to lose a future client. She is funny, seriously? The way she stands up for herself with that client is HILARIOUS. Serio ...more
Heather andrews
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, and I really loved Kelli, "meet?" she raised an eyebrow at him as she tucked her small hand in his and gave a ladylike shake. "We've met at least a hundred times, Mac. You put a band-aid on my knee when I was ten and you were this big, cool high schooler whose kid sister's tripped while chasing boys on the playground." I mean that girl has no filter, "adoration." Kelli looked up at him and smiled. "Am I looking at you like I appreciate the fact that you pulled my chair out at ...more
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
ARC Courtesy of Entangled Publishing

This is the second book in this wonderful series and to say that I loved it would be the understatement of the century...

This is Mac and Kelli's story whom we met in the first awesome book. Mac needs a fake finance for a few weeks in order to obtain some weapons from a terrorist in Mexico. He works for the government on contract and he needs to get those weapons before they fall into the wrong hands.

Kelli has had a crush on her best friends brother for ever an
Irene
4 solid stars

Fiancee for Hire was such a great read, loved it.

Kellie and Mac won my heart, loved them both, and together they made this book fun to read.

Kellie “Maybe between your broken pieces and my broken pieces, we can find a way to fit everything together and make something whole.”

And Mac's reply?...

"That sounds good. Also a little dirty" lol seriously I loved these two together.
They had fantastic chemistry, they made me laugh with their banter and innuendo and oh boy did they make my ki
Erica
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had a serious problem with this book. It ended! What ever was Tawna Fenske thinking?

Ok, so I totally adored this one. Since I read Marine for Hire, I have been itching to get my hands on this one. And it totally delivered. Who else but Tawna Fenske can have an illicit arms dealer cooing over a tegu and having the hired fiance sew the tegu's privates back together, all over dinner?

I love that with Tawna Fenskie's books, there is always this lovely balance of humor with the super sexy. I loved
Jessica Florence
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very cute story. Mac and Kelli were hot!
If you want laughs, fake engagements, hot sex, and lizard penis ;) you will love this book!
Fran
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I'm pretty sure I've read this book before. :|
CC
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
very funny. Action packed. Better than the first in the series. I loved Katie and Mac was a perfect dark, brooding hero. It was a fun read.
Kirstysbookishworld
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-star-rating
Sexy as hell and somehow captured my whole heart with its adorableness and it’s sexiness!

“Maybe we can take our broken pieces and make something whole” - how very real and beautiful and urg. Can I have a Mack of my own please?

I honestly don’t have much else to say about it, this is exactly what I went in expecting and I got it. Happy days and well...happy endings (in every sense of the words).
Prerana
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tawna Fenske is now one of my new favorite authors. I absolutely love her.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

Gawd, I loved this book three times over and the more I read Tawna Fenske the more I appreciate her writing style and her humor; she is seriously giving Jill Shalvis a run for the money when it comes to making me laugh out loud as I read. I loved watching these two commitment phobic people fall fast and hard for one another as they navigate through the danger of a black-ops mission while pretend
Abra
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a good 2.5 star book. There's some humor and the heroine is more intelligent than most, but the book is very predictable. If you really like this plot then you'll love this book. Nothing will take away from it and there are some genuinely funny lines.

Him: -"You keep everyone at arm's length so emotions don't get in the way of your obsessive need to protect everyone." said by his sister Sheri.
- Tall, dark, studly, handsome

Her: -"It always seemed like you went for these unavailable guys
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Meeting His Match (Match Me, #1)
  • Falling for the Marine (McCade Brothers, #2)
  • Tempted by the Soldier (Falling for You, #2)
  • Honor Reclaimed (HORNET, #2)
  • Chasing Temptation (Chasing Love, #2)
  • Pushing the Limit (Alpha Ops, #3)
  • Her Winning Formula (Hot & Nerdy, #3)
  • Mr. Virile and the Girl Next Door
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy (Naughty or Nice, #1)
  • Knock Out (Billionaire's Club: New Orleans, #1)
  • On the Naughty List
  • Gaming for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #1)
  • Take Me if You Dare (Birthday Dare, #1)
  • Sweet Southern Betrayal (The Boys are Back in Town, #3)
  • Hot Rebel (Hostile Operations Team, #6)
  • Down on Her Knees (Dare Me, #3)
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns Book 2)
  • The Marriage Trap (Trap, #1)
When Tawna Fenske finished her English lit degree at 22, she celebrated by filling a giant trash bag full of romance novels and dragging it everywhere until she’d read them all. Now she’s a RITA Award finalist, USA Today bestselling author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Publishers Weekly has praised Tawna’s offbeat romances with mult ...more

Front and Center (4 books)
  • Marine for Hire (Front and Center, #1)
  • Best Man for Hire (Front and Center, #3)
  • Protector for Hire (Front and Center, #4)
“Mac brought up the rear, feeling ridiculous holding a beaded purse and marching behind his fake fiancée, his ex-girlfriend, and notorious arms dealer carrying a double-dicked lizard. Griselda fell into step beside her husband carrying a five-pound bag of sugar and a half-used tube of KY Jelly.” 1 likes
“First you perform dog surgery in a wedding gown, and now you’re fixing lizard dicks in a cocktail dress.” 1 likes