Start by marking “Belle of the Ball (Three Graces #1)” as Want to Read:
Belle of the Ball (Three Graces #1)

Belle of the Ball

(Three Graces #1)

Beauty, Charm, and Grace—something the nouveau-riche Sullivan sisters of Colorado Springs lack. But a wish at a magical rock formation is about to change all that, in a most a-MUSE-ing way. . . .

The three Sullivan sisters, named for the Three Graces of Greek legend who embody beauty, charm and grace, don’t live up to their names. Belle is no beauty. Charisma lacks charm.
Published May 14th 2014 by Parker Hayden Media (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Belle of the Ball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belle of the Ball

AM
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
booksthrubifocals
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Amusing, occasionally risque, historical romance with a touch of Greek lore

The story takes place in the 19th century in Colorado-a town named New London, where more than a few younger sons of English Lords, known as remittance men (living off an allowance from their families) are living. Many continue the same social habits developed in England, wasting their time drinking, gambling and womanizing. One young man, Stanhope, however, was sent away from his family in disgrace when a young woman acc
Irène Wadowski uliasz
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
une intrigue originale mêlant romance et mythologie.
Kara
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-novel

The three Graces of Ancient Greek mythology sit around on Mount Olympus, having tea parties, and plotting how to make three sisters' wishes for love, revenge, and beauty come true.

The book is a retelling of Pygmalion / My Fair lady / She's All That set in 1880's Denver - and make no mistake - Colorado was very civilized at that point. No wild west anymore - it had High Society - and all the gossip and politics that comes with it.

Nice twist in this version - the woman being made over seeks out he
Anita Hargreaves
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charming book

Very sweet tale, set during 19c America a bit like pygamalian meets pride and prejudice. An plain girl, Belle, wishes for beauty.
Laura Schalow
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very much enjoyed

I chose this rating because it did indeed deserve it. If you enjoy a bit of old fashioned romances. Fantastic
shane kennon
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
A childish

I found this book th be very predictable. By the last few chapters I was reading the first line of each paragraph so I could end it.
Pam
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Belle of the Ball: Three Graces Trilogy, Book 1 I s by Pam McCutcheon. This unique series is written by three different authors. However, the story goes across all three writers. This makes for an interesting read.
Belle Sullivan is a frustration to her Mother. Her hair is too unruly, she has freckles, and she doesn’t care about her appearance. How is she ever going to find a husband? Her Mother has chosen three young men for her daughters and pays them to take the girls on a picnic. They all he
Torie Fox
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm generally a horror/thriller or YA reader - but every now and again I love a good, sweet romance. And this was such a good on. I love the premise with the Three Graces from Garden of the Gods (who doesn't love to read about places they know?) and I love the three Sullivan sisters themselves. I've read this book before, but it's so nice to revisit. It was such happy reading that I didn't like stopping. The transformation of Belle Sullivan with the help of Aglaia (the actual grace herself) was ...more
Stephanie
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I rely enjoyed this book and was rooting for Kit and Bells the entire way through.

The characters were great fun to read, Mr Sullivan who is so unassuming, saves the day and it's absolutely fabulous! I absolutely adore Kit he's so cute! And I loathed Daltrey he was such an ass. I loved the relationship between Belle and her sisters, they are all so strong and loyal it's nice to read :)

I'm not sure if I want to chance the next book... I haven't quote decided yet
Lisa Cushenberry
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I started to read this book months ago, on my sister's recommendation. However, after reading about 30% of it I put it down to read several other books instead. It is a cute story, but some of the characters just go on my nerves...like Mr. (Lord) Stanhope...how obtuse can a person be? I like the introduction of the Three Graces to help their charges fulfill their wishes, but the storyline was a little too cute for me.
Hannahlyndsey
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Lovely

A lovely little read, very quick and easy. However the characters are actually enjoyable to read about.

Stick with it, as at first I did feel Belle was silly, soon realised that it was just an accurate representation of the time. This was very refreshing, and Belle soon blossomed.
Andrea Mccormick
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad

While the time line doesn't really match up, Colorado Springs-Little London, Lords, Earls and Ladies in the late 1800 Americans it is a good story, no one messes with the Sullivan sisters, and ever though they are named after three Greek gods they sure don't have the power of the gods, just yet...
Nicole
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful story set in America in the early nineteenth century. Three sisters overhear the comments of the three young men who their mother has paid to take them out. They decide to seek revenge.
This is the story of Belle, who was described as homely. It is witty and well paced. While there were one or two minor strands to the story that could have been better tied in, I really enjoyed it.
Laura B
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute little book.

Cute. Nice read. Fairly good prose. Would make for perfect reading over a small vacation. Preferably in the shade and a nice beverage. I don’t know how I feel about the other 2 books in the series being written by other authors. Especially since the 3rd is only 180 pgs. We shall see.
Sandra Tomas
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wishes do come true!

This book is a interesting read.
Alittle magic,and a wish made to
A rock garden,helped a young lady become beautiful, to the eye of the beholder, and made a young man realize, that money could not make you happy only love could.
Lady Entropy
Sep 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF
Debra French
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the plot and the mythology of the gods.
Lorraine Joubert
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
At times it seems the author lost track of the storyline... Issues are brought up and never touched on again.
Maggie Shanley
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Rather predictable regency type romance with helpful goddesses.
Maureen
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
nice light read.
Sara Jo
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Overly long, drawn out, immature and irritating.
Mandi Morgan
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well written. Very entertaining. Really enjoyed this book.
Jennie
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a lovely story. There were constant reminders about why she was getting revenge. I understood that. just to much over describing. but, I enjoyed the main characters.
Celeste
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun, silly romance

This book is just a bit of fun, but Iliked it. There was one chapter I mostly skipped because of inappropriate content, but otherwise I really enjoyed it.
Dr Smita
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting read

A nice old world heartwarming romantic story which is well woven .
The story also has many forgotten values which add to its charm
Tiffany
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Little London Charm

What happens when three Roman Goddesses decide to grant the wishes of their namesakes? Wonderfully enchanting things that turn Colorado Springs on it's head.
Kathy Guy
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story. Liked the humor.

Good story. Liked the humor. Storyline didn't lag. Would recommend to anyone wanting a fun easy read. Will read the other two books in the series.
Beverly
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Different

Cute and a good story. Very different than any romance novel I have read. Belle is a little sheltered but I think most girls were back then.
shelia harman
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love

This book was great.loved the characters and the way they pull you right in the story and keep you turning the pages until the very end.
  • A Rebel without a Rogue (The Penningtons, #1)
  • Heaven In His Arms
  • Lady Lissa's Liaison (To Woo an Heiress, #1)
  • The Seduction of Emily
  • Ella's Choice (Spirited Hearts #1)
  • Colorado Hope (The Front Range Series, #3)
  • A Springtide Meeting
  • The Devil May Care (Rogues & Gentlemen #4)
  • The Seduction of Sophie Seacrest (An Unlikely Husband, #1)
  • The Viscount and I (Forever Yours #3)
  • Mercer Street (American Journey, #2)
  • Before the Kiss (Book Club Belles Society, #0.5)
  • Marblestone Mansion Book 1 (Scandalous Duchess, #1)
  • To Tame a Lady (The Reluctant Bride Collection, #2)
  • A Lady By Any Other Name
  • Jolt: An American Time-Travel Romance (Lightning Riders, #1)
  • Taming a Wild Earl
  • Bound by Blood
I've been a reader all my life, starting out with fairy tales and graduating to reading everything in the house when I grew older, including my parents' romances, mysteries, science fiction, fantasy, and action/adventure.

If a writer can combine romance and humor with a fantasy, science fiction, or paranormal element, I'm hooked. Add action/adventure, and it's even better!

Since I couldn't find quit

Three Graces (3 books)
  • A Touch of Charm (Three Graces #2)
  • Say Goodnight, Gracie (Three Graces #3)
“had hoped. “Can you tell us how to make a man fall in love with us?” Kit’s expression turned wary. “I don’t think so. No one could. It is different for each person.” “Is it?” Belle asked in an innocent tone. “‘Yet there are some things that seem to be commonly attractive to all” 1 likes
“plans for the evening, Belle had enlisted the rest of her family to ensure that Mama was too busy to accompany her to the opera, so” 0 likes