Start by marking “The Spirit Path” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

(The Spirit Path #1)

Nicole goes horseback riding, not knowing that the events of the day would forever change her life.
After she falls off her horse and hits her head she wakes up to unfamiliar surroundings only to find she
has traveled back in time to the year 1812.

She swung into the saddle, took a deep breath and then mustered the strength to ask him a question
that she had been putting o
Published June 18th 2014 by Books To Go Now (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Spirit Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spirit Path

Start your review of The Spirit Path
Coco.V
Jan 15, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie

🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/15/2020)! 🎁
J.D. Corbett
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not really a "time travel" romance person, but The Secret Path was really well written. Though it is the second in a series, there was enough information to gather what went down in the first. I loved the portrayal of two different time periods and the ending (spoiler) when Flaming Arrow has to learn how to survive in 1997. The passion between the two lead characters was intense and the sex scenes were tasteful, which is more my style. I have some questions about the other characters, but t ...more
Amber Daulton
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicole goes horseback riding with her faithful gelding, Buck, and her dog, Harley. After an accident where she falls from the horse and hits her head, she wakes up in the same environment that’s totally different. There she meets Flaming Arrow, a Sioux Indian, and he takes her back to his village (well, he takes her to a romantic waterfall near the village where they stay for a few days). Even though she believes she’s dreaming that she went back in time, she falls in love with Flaming Arrow. Af ...more
Beth
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Nicole is fresh out of a necessary break-up with her boyfriend, Eric. They had plenty of physical chemistry, but not much else. He loves the city life, wearing suits and living in a fancy apartment, while Nicole is a country girl. Her favorite pastime is riding her horse, Buck, across the wide open spaces of Texas.

One day, when Nicole and Buck head out on a ride, accompanied by her Rottweiler Harley, she finds herself tumbling with them into a startling adventure to the past. No romantic adventu
Carol
THE SPIRIT PATH BOOK 1 (TIME-TRAVEL)
By Tammy Tate
COPYRIGHT 2014
ISBN#97811499701616
Books to go Now Publication
Won First Reads Giveaway

Nicole is trying to make some sense out of the fact that her boyfriend Eric suddenly left. Nicole was the outdoorsy type and Eric was the wine and dine businessman, everything seemed perfect when they made love so they thought.

Nicole and her girlfriend were to go horseback riding together but she couldn't make it. Nicole headed out on her own, along with dog Harle
Jennifer Guffey
The Spirit Path (Spirit Path series #1)
By: Tammy Tate
4/5 stars

Nicole goes out for a horse ride on Friday the 13th in 1997, but after taking a fall & a knock to her head after her horse is spooked, she awakes in the same, yet extremely unfamiliar place. Luckily, her dog finds her and takes her to her horse. But upon finding her horse, she notices a man in different clothing. At first, she is fearful, but then realizes that her only safety if with this man, this Native, Flaming Arrow. His reply wh
Angela Ford
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Risk it all for Love!
Nicole wakes up wondering if she dreamt about her trip to 1812 and back. Then she discovers her torn shirt. Torn in the same spot Flaming Arrow ripped it and used to mend her. She's back home and safe but she desperately wants to go back. Her heart aches she can feel his lips against hers. She remembers his touch. His scent lingers in her memory. She is willing to risk it all to travel back in time to be with him. Sam, a modern day Shaman, is willing to help. Sam warns Nicol
Marilyn Miles
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance author Nicole is passionate about two things—writing and riding her palomino horse Buck. Usually her dog Harley and her friend, Tracy, accompany her. But one day when Tracy can’t go with her, Nicole takes off for a ride on her own.
When she awakes, and looks for her horse who wandered off, something isn’t right. The landscape has changed, the hig
Amber Daulton
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the help of a shaman, Nicole returns to 1812 to find her lost love, Flaming Arrow, and her best friend, Tracy, comes along too. Tracy is married in the present but she has an attraction to a sexy pioneer who helps Nicole and Tracy during an Apache raid. The secondary characters added extra depth to the story and I loved their interaction with the main characters. I teared up when Nicole and Flaming Arrow finally found one another (I wish they would’ve found each other again sooner though, n ...more
Victoria
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TAMMY TATE HAS WROTE A BRILLIANT CONTINUATION FROM BOOK 1 OF THE SECRET PATH. IT CONTINUES RIGHT WHERE IT LEFT OFF AND THERE IS NON STOP ACTION THROUGHOUT THE BOOK. TAMMY LEAVES YOU WANTING MORE AND ADDS MORE SURPRISES TO THE STORY. I LOVE THE TIME TRAVELING PART OF IT. YOU FEEL HOW MUCH NICOLE AND HER WARRIOR HAVE CONNECTED AND LOVE EACH OTHER. YOU WANT NICOLE AND HER WARRIOR TO FINALLY BE TOGETHER FOREVER AND KEEP CHEERING THEM ALL. BUT THEN ANOTHER OBSTACLE IS THROWN IN THEIR PATH. WILL THEY ...more
Oliver
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing

The Spirit Path (The Spirit Path Series Book 1) by Tammy Tate is a gripping story of romance and adventure. Nicole takes off for a ride. A deer leaps into their path and spooks her horse. Thrown off-balance, Nicole falls off her horse, lands on a rock and gets knocked unconscious. Nicole wakes up in the year 1812. A Native American from the days of the old west meets her in this new world. And from here the real story begins.

I particularly loved this story because i have also gone through the si
Victoria
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the story of Nicole and Flaming Arrow. I thought the author did a wonderful job with the characters and storyline. You could feel the chemistry between them. From the very beginning, they had chemistry. Nicole and Flaming Arrow are different as night and day and they fell in love. The author left you wanting more. I am really looking forward to reading more books by Tammy Tate. I love her writing and she has a way of drawing you in the book. I am looking forward to finding out i ...more
Marion Webb-de
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
An enjoyable story, but definitely a tease. It leaves the reader wondering how and when Nicole will meet Flaming Arrow again. Has the author written a Book Two yet? If not, I hope she will.

I would have liked the hero to be a little more wild, and trust that will happen in a follow-up book. But he's a hero to like. This is a quick and interesting read that allows you to escape for a short while into a less hurry-up world of the past.
Carol Ann
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love well-written time travel books and this one is terrific. Tammy Tate continues the story of Nicole and the Sioux warrior Flaming Arrow, each having to adjust to life in a time different from their own in The Secret Path, Book Two, where you will travel back to 1812, fall in love with the characters, and be sad to finish the book. I am anxiously awaiting Book Three in this captivating series.
Elle Rush
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
When Nicole takes a tumble she wakes in a world she almost prefers to the real one - the unspoiled landscape of 1812. And after a break-up that leaves her wondering what she actually wants, she finds it only to lose it again when she wakes up. If you enjoy westerns and/or time-travel, you should check this one out.

Copy from the author.

Story continues in upcoming installment.
Samna Ghani
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always loved time travel based stories and so this turned out to be a good read for me. Short and sweet, the author managed to keep me engaged throughout the book with a little bit of both mystery and romance. The book is well-researched and has an interesting storyline and a bit of a twist in the end. Overall, I enjoyed reading it. Time-travel fans will definitely like this one!
Carol
As the adventure continues from The Spirit Path Nicole is perplexed finding herself back in her own home after traveling back to the year of 1812 and falling for Flaming Arrow. Whom recused her in a Forrest along with her dog and pony..

A full review to follow.

I received a complimentary copy from Ms. Tate in exchanged for honest review.
Sidney Wood
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just keeps getting better! Nicole is desperate to reunite with Flaming Arrow in 1812, but she has no idea how to make it happen. I don't want to give anything away, but let's just say a very steamy reunion takes place! Get swept away in this action filled romance tale, and then join me in reading the next book, The Forbidden Path.
Airen Moonwolf
MORE!!!

I love the pace and premise of this story. The author takes her time and doesn't follow the usual "formula" of the lesser stories. It left me wanting but not restless for more. I will be looking for the rest of the story...there has to be more...right?
Andrew Saxsma
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Spirit Path by Tammy Tate is a tale of time-travel, of adventure, and romance. After a nasty spill, Nicole finds herself in 1812, and begins a hotsy totsy romance with Flaming Arrow, a Sioux Indian.

If you like steam, the wild, country air, and surprise endings, you'll love this read.
Mae
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
'The Spirit Path' as a sexy short story that reminded me of the romance novels I read once upon a time. It is perfect as a quick interlude between books.

I received a copy of 'The Spirit Path' from the Goodreads Giveaway program.
Elizabeth
I really liked this book just not the ending. There needs to be a follow up. The storyline was great but I was left hanging.
Nancy
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book and am anxiously waiting for the next two books in the series.
Melissa
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Spirit Path

In 1997 Nicole rode out on her horse with her dog also. Later drinking from a pond and resting for awhile. When it sounded like a storm coming it was time to go. Falling and bumping her head she passed out. When she woke she seemed lost. Finding her horse and dog she still was lost. Bumping into Flaming Arrow she found out she was in the Year 1812. She and Flaming Arrow were falling in love. Suddenly she was awakened by her friend Tracy. She thought meeting Flaming Arrow was a dre
A.M. Sommers
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MY NEXT READ WITH BE VOLUME 2 - THE SECRET PATH

I've always loved time travel books and The Secret Path by Tammy Tate doesn't disappoint. (Tammy Tate never disappoints).

Nicole, reeling from a romantic breakup, falls from her horse in 1997 and wakes up -- along with her dog and horse -- in 1812. After she grasps there are no highways or telephones, she realizes she's in the middle of conflicts between white settlers and Native Americans, and tribes against tribes. Fortunately, there's an English
Susan Lower
Feb 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad first draft

Very disappointing. It is obvious the author didn't spend much time researching the time period or the Sioux culture. Do your self a favor if you decide to read this, skip the first three chapters unless you love backstory and big info dumps. The author should have left it as a dream at the end because it wasn't at all realistic for an Indian in that time period to treat a white woman so kindly or take her home to meet his mother. With some editing and research it could turn
Sidney Wood
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love short stories! Nicole is a recently single country girl out for an afternoon ride. When the weather turns, she finds herself suddenly transported to 1812. A tall and handsome Sioux warrior finds her in dangerous territory, and pledges to keep her safe. Together they travel to a secret and secluded place near his village where their bond grows more intimate. You'll enjoy this short journey through author Tammy Tate's imagination. The best part is, there are more books in the series!
Dana Redding
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Spirit Path

Nicole travels back in time and meets an Indian named Flaming Arrow, she thinks she is dreaming when she returns but knows it wasn’t a dream. She returns and finds him again but panicked after an attack and ends back up in the correct time. But with him.

In my opinion I really wish it went deeper then carnal lust, I would have liked to known his outcome. But I enjoyed the story apart from the ending.
Nicollette Blackeagle
Sexy time travel romance

The Spirit Path is a sexy time traveling book that had me begging to go back in time and find my own Sioux warrior. The fact that I half Sioux makes the thought more tempting. I really enjoyed the plot and the characters. The book is steamy, intriguing an all around phenomenal read. I highly recommend this book I can't wait to read the next book. I received this book at my request and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review here of my own volition.
Brenda Lee
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I loved everything about this book.just wished it was longer.love to read about native Americans and time travel.Will read again and again.keep up the good work.

• Come Home To Me (Second Chances, #1)
  • Kari (Walker Creek Brides, #1)
  • Forgotten Time (Ravenhurst #1)
  • Married In Montana (At the Altar, #1)
  • Yellowstone Heart Song (Yellowstone Romance, #1)
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • Silver Heart (Longren Family, #1)
  • Undeniable (The Oregon Trail, #1)
  • To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1)
  • Marshal in Petticoats (Halsey Brothers, #1)
  • Touched by Time (Mail Order Bride Time Travel Romances #1)
  • Bridging the Void
  • The Wren (Wings of the West Book 1)
  • Time Will Tell (Timeless, #1)
  • A Knight to Remember (Merriweather Sisters #1; Knights Through Time Travel #1)
  • Snow Dove: An Native American Historical Romance (Snow Dove #1)
  • Two Bears' Journey (Snow Dove #3)
  • Sacrifice and Reward (Paha Sapa Saga #1)
Tammy Tate was born and raised in Hollywood, Florida but has lived most of her adult life in Texas. Her passion to write began in high school. It follows her everywhere she goes...creating a world where anything is possible. She's been married to the same wonderful man for over thirty years. Her secret to a long marriage? It's easy when you marry your best friend. In her world, Friday night is sti ...more

The Spirit Path (3 books)
  • unknown book