Start by marking “Switched” as Want to Read:
Switched

Switched

Debra’s wedding day ended when the groom jilted her three hours before the ceremony, leaving her with a stiff catering bill and a broken heart. Now, he’s off to Bora Bora on a one-man honeymoon, and she’s on the couch in her wedding dress, watching Christmas movies and eating her way through the corner market. Inspired by her movie marathon, she decides to do a home ...more
Published June 29th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Switched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switched

Start your review of Switched
Cindy Reifel
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Switched (Kindle Edition)

I have to say that I believe that Ms Sax should put a disclaimer on the cover of all of her books stating that you should not be eating or drinking anything while reading any of her books! I have suggested this to her many times before, yet I still don't see them. Go figure! You are in danger of aspirating your coffee or snorting your tea thru your nose while reading this book. It is a fast-paced, HILARIOUS book about a woman jilted at the altar by
Stephanie Swartz
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read you wont be able to put it down! Funny, Emotional, and Exciting! Gave me goose bumps in parts. Just an awesome book! :)
Ashley
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, this was another home run by Elise. I read the excerpt and was totally on board, because if I was a jilted bride that is totally what I would do, minus the disappearing women of course.

At any rate, we have Debra who is a well-rounded and developed character who is pretty upset, I mean, she got screwed the day of her wedding she has every right to be upset. She has a best friend who supports her and butts in when necessary and stays out of it when asked. As she’s eating her ice cream
Donna
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another hilarious offering from Elise Sax. This is a funny romantic mystery that will keep you guessing and giggling. Debra could be my BFF. A smart woman who despite making some poor choices doesn’t give up. When she is left at the alter she pouts for a bit and then pulls up her big girl panties and goes for a change of scenery. She signs up for a house swap in Spain and there she meets some hunky guys and gets into more trouble than Lucy Ricardo. I loved this laugh out loud romp.
Susan
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Elise Sax! So I will pretty much read anything she writes because I know it will be great. And she didn't disappoint me on Switched. Once I started, I couldn't put it down until I was finished. Lots of laughs and action!
Michelle
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received a complimentary copy for an honest review..This was a crazy, fun read. Just when you think there can be no more curves, bam, there's another one. I don't want to give too much away, but this was a fun quick read. I loved the characters and wouldn't mind a book 2, to see what happens next.
Stacey
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always look forward to Elise Sax's books, and as usual she didn't disappoint. This book is very funny, the heroine is an endearing hot mess and the secondary characters are perfect. Throw in an exotic locale and mysterious missing persons and you have a wonderful book. Well done Ms. Sax!
Saintly Tammy
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love her books and Even though the ending felt rushed the funny romantic mystery more then made up for that and I will continue buying her books. loved the humor.
Jennifer Collin
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced and loads of fun.
Cherri-Anne
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been Switched by Sax!

I was so entertained throughout this book! It is such a fantastically written story that I had a hard time even putting it down to sleep! There is so much humor and humorous situations that I dare you to read even a page or two without laughing. Debra is just one of those types of people who has bad luck or bad karma that seems to follow her no matter where she goes or what she does. The things that Debra does as well as the situations she gets in to are so
JoAn
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A funny, smexy, romantic murder mystery.
Debra was jilted 3 hours before her wedding. Her best friend, Stacy, is both supportive and brutally honest. But, let's face it, Debra has to heal on her own. To console herself she is sitting on her couch eating ice cream and watching movies. Because of a movie she decides to take a month off from work and do a home exchange. For Debra that was the easy part. Her travels and adventures are just the beginning of a well developed twisted and humorous plot.
Tami
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Audrey
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I am always excited when Elise Sax has a new book, because I know I'm going to enjoy it tremendously. I laughed out loud a lot :) This book has it all - humor, quirky characters, mystery, romance... I had a very hard time putting it down, & read late into the night, long past when I needed to go to bed! It was a lot of fun to watch Debra go from being a jilted bride who let her mother-in-law-to-be push her around, to being a strong person who stood up for herself & ...more
Charmaine Walker
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received this as an ARC COPY
SPEECHLESS
What a funny..omg..shockingly good story. So different in a good way story. Never had a clue what was going to happen. lovely surprise but shocks too.
Debra you are a walking talking accident waiting to happen. Due to circumstances beyond your control so glad you met Doyle Maise and the gang.
So much intrigue excitement hero's and most of all...MICE!!!
I could go on forever so much to say BUT just go and enjoy a ...excuse me... bloody good read :-)
p.s. I just
Kelly Freeman
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So this was my first Else Sax book ... however it certainly will not be my last!!

This book has me from the first page and I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning so I could finish it!! The characters were easy to fall in love with, the story flowed, and the story line itself was different and I absolutely loved it!!!

Switched had the perfect amount of humor, mystery, adventures, romance, and suspense!!!

"There are more varieties of kisses than colors of jelly beans."
Erin Hurst
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-for-b-b
The book starts out with Debra being jilted at the altar. After a couple weeks of weeping she decides to try to do the home exchange and go off the a Spanish Island. Everything that could go wrong does. Despite trying to figure out why women are disappearing Debra keeps a sense of humor. She also finds time to begin a relationship with a hot cop that is on sabbatical as well. Good book that you have to keep reading to see how it will all end!
Chrissie Parker
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded a novella by this author as a recommendation and enjoyed it so much that I decided to buy another (this one).

I absolutely loved it. It was funny, well written and had a bit of intrigue and a fair few twists too, which kept me guessing to the end. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, it was much better! I will definitely read it again, and enjoyed it so much that I also downloaded her other book Bounty.

I look forward to reading more from this author.
Kristine
Feb 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF

Couldn't make it through the first couple of chapters....
Anna
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy are reading all of Elise Sax's books. I always wake up my husband at night with all my laughing! I can always count on her books for an entertaining read!
Sandy
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lovely romp

This story started out to be slightly annoying. You have a brainless clueless twit who has been jilted at the altar but claims to be an accountant on the fast track. Then she jumps into a home exchange with no money and no background check or contract. I was not a fan of the character. However her crazy adventures and the humorous writing kept me going and the other characters were pretty likable and well balanced. The ending was unexpected and yet tied up lots of loose ends.
Cheryl Roberts
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok

Very stiff writing.. the plot and characters were good.. just the writing was to stiff. No details. No describing things. you don't even know what people look like.. just big??? And instant love? Needed to show down and describe.. paint me a picture.. the story jumped from one thing to another. With better writing would be great.. would love to see plot used for a movie.. just better writing.
Suzie Quint
Jun 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Didn't even get through the first chapter. I've known some truckers in my day, and while there may be a bad apple here and there (just like in any group), they are salt-of-the-earth people. Many of them are more chivalrous than your average male. So I was offended when the heroine and her friend walked into a trucker cafe and the author painted the clientele as a bunch of gang rapists.

No way will I ever give this author a hot dime.
Diane Burton
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I bought it (free) because the title is the same as one of my books. They are totally different, except... We both mention movies. I love The Holiday and this story is The Holiday gone wrong. Some great funny moments. Some scary ones, too. I figured out the ending, but that wasn't the ending. A great twist at the end. Elise Sax just became one of my fav authors.
Meryl
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well worth a read.

I read this book in one sitting! The characters are likeable and entertaining. So many laugh out loud moments, and of course the serial killer on the loose to add a bit of action.
JoAnn Wells
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, but nowhere near as good as her other series. Some laugh out loud parts which is the only reason for 4 stars. Mostly damsel in distress type of romance set in a cool seaside village. Make it smarter.
Ruth Marie Cox
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never laughed so hard in reading the first half of this book. Debra was a little dingy though. Doyle was a little slow on the uptake of the missing women. But the silliness of everything just made this such a great read. Thank you for a wonderful story.
Roxanne Toth
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Mixed feelings reading this book. Parts of it made me laugh out loud. Parts of it made me uncomfortable and upset. Parts were sweet. Parts were horrible. I have to say, it definitely made me feel, "something". Not sure I would read it again but I really loved the laugh out loud parts.
Rhonda Jones
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I loved, loved, loved this story. It contained a great mystery with a surprise ending. Plus the emotional angst and growth the heroine experienced was just perfect for the storyline. It all worked well together.
Maureen Hetzel
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
A preposterous plot line and full of situations that defy belief. I am surprised I finished it but there was a lingering need to see how far past believable the story would go.
Stefani
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Entertaining and enjoyable read.
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 02, 2016 06:56AM

• Beware the Rich Man (Rich Man | Poor Man | Beggar Man | Thief #1)
  • Miss Weston's Wager (Brides of Brighton #4)
  • Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies (Murder in the Mix, #1)
  • Bobbing for Bodies (Murder in the Mix #2)
  • Duke In Disguise (The Stafford Sisters Book 1)
  • Friends ForNever
  • Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Borrowing Alex
  • Mind Sweeper (Mind Sweeper #1)
  • Getting Over Brett: A Romantic Comedy (Love in the Pacific Northwest Book 3)
  • In Sickness and In Elf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #1)
  • For Better or For Wolf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #4)
  • From this Fae Forward (Paranormal Wedding Planners #2)
  • To Have and To Howl (Paranormal Wedding Planners #3)
  • Her Mother's Secret
  • Resurrection in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #4)
  • Christmas at the Cornish Café(The Cornish Café Series, Book 2)
  • Of Risk & Redemption (Revelry’s Tempest, #3)
Elise Sax worked as a journalist for fifteen years, mostly in Paris, France. She took a detour from journalism and became a private investigator before trying her hand at writing fiction. She lives in Southern California with her two sons. An Affair to Dismember is her first novel.