Start by marking “Ever After (Nantucket Brides, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ever After (Nantucket Brides, #3)

Ever After (Nantucket Brides #3)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  4,438 Ratings  ·  478 Reviews
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Jude Deveraux’s eagerly awaited third novel in her blockbuster Nantucket Brides trilogy continues the spellbinding saga of the Montgomery-Taggerts, set on an island steeped in beauty and unforgettable romance.

Life is anything but perfect for Hallie Hartley, a young physical therapist who has given up nearly everything—even her love life—for her bea
Published June 23rd 2015 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2015)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies

Wow. The main character is a serious creeper. Look at this book description.
But Jamie's hiding something: every night Hallie hears him crying out in his sleep. Finding that only her presence can calm him, Hallie begins spending the night with Jamie, sneaking away every morning before he wakes up.
Dude, when is this ever ok? If this were a guy sneaking into a girl's bed, we would be crying out for sexual harassment.

Geri Reads
DNF @35%

I'm of the belief that when a book fails to capture your attention in the first few chapters, then you should just DNF. Unfortunately, Ever After just failed to capture my attention.

I've read the first book in the series and liked it enough. I didn't read the second. When this was offered to me, I thought the blurb sounded interesting but when I actually started reading this, it just failed to captivate. Jude Deveraux is a stellar storyteller. My problem with this book was there was jus
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

3 Stars

I have been a fan of Jude Deveraux for a long time so when I was offered a chance to review this book, I jumped at the chance. I read and enjoyed the first two books of this trilogy last summer so I was pretty confident that this would be a book that I would really like. For the most part, I really had a nice time reading this book. I seem to be picking up one depressing book after another lately so a nice Jude Deveraux romance was real
Vicki
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I am a huge fan of Jude Deveraux and I loved the others in the series, but this one was not as much loved as the others. The dress on the cover was beautiful. I did love the scenery and I loved the romance. The rest was a pass.
Ashley Daviau
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun, guilty pleasure for me. It was cute and sweet and the perfect fluffy summer read. I also enjoyed the little touch of magic and ghosts thrown in, it added a fun element to the story that I really enjoyed. I didn’t particularly connect to any of the characters but some of them were just so fun to hate! I liked the way it played out too, the bad guys got what they deserved and the good guys got the happy ending they deserved!
KatLynne
3.5 Stars
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The Nantucket Brides Trilogy is coming to a close with this wonderfully written love story. As usual, our ghosts have a hand in the love that is growing and all the wonderful Montgomerys and Taggerts are all in on it as well.

It saddens me knowing that I won't be visiting with these wonderful people anymore. Hoping beyond hope that Jude Devereaux decides that the Brides of Colorado are next and we get to keep visiting with these wonderful char
Amanda
I found this book to be slightly confusing. If I had read the previous books in the series I'm sure this would not have been the case, but I started fresh with this title. There was a lot going on - tons of characters, weddings, ghosts, secrets, horrible family, awesome family, characters (it needed repeating there were so many people wandering around). I also struggled a bit with the dialogue. It seemed quite old fashioned at times, which makes sense because Deveraux has written so many histori ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Reviewed for NetGalley:

I don't read a ton of Jude Deveraux and I feel like this is a romance that needs to be read in order. All the different families and couples were really confusing. The ghosts had an interesting story, the main couple was kind of okay. Although, they were both annoying in separate ways. The Heroine because she had low self esteem and was constantly harping on herself and the Hero because he was holding a little too closely to the silent warrior being a jerk instead of actua
Debbie
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It has been years since I read a Jude Deveraux book. I am hooked again. I have rediscovered a new, old author, one I have missed.

This book held my attention. Full of passion, family problems, ghosts, my favorite part. Whether you are a fan of Jude Deveraux or not this is a not to be missed read.
Eva • All Books Considered
Review originally posted at All Books Considered: THREE STARS

I love love love books set on Nantucket, especially Elin Hilderbrand's and Nancy Thayer's books. That is initially why I wanted to read this one. I liked Hallie (the MC) a lot but this book (and maybe the series or the author?) seemed super antiquated -- this easily could have been set in the 1970s or 1980s based upon the plot/language, etc. Hallie and Jamie were sweet together but I was definitely not expecting the touch of paranorm
Heather
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Having read all three books in this series, I can honestly say this is the best of the series. Ever After is a contemporary romance with just a touch of the paranormal and full of endearing characters that certainly all deserve a book and a HEA of their own. Jamie and Hallie are thrown together by family but manage to bring out the best in one another without even realizing how much each has helped the other. It was a true feel-good romance that I hated to see end!

ARC received from NetGalley in
Cruth
Author: Jude Deveraux
First published: 2015
Length: 5822 kindle locations
Setting: Nantucket. Contemporary + Regency.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Recuperating soldier. (view spoiler)
Heroine: Recently graduated physiotherapist.
Paranormal: Time travel + ghosts.
Trigger: Hero was in a Humvee that exploded in a war environment. Colleagues died and he was injured. Some ptsd.

Bringing the trilogy to an end with two weddings: Toby and Graydon and Ken and Jilly. Hallie and James ar
a_tiffyfit
I got an offer to read this on Netgalley and since I've read Jude Deveraux novels in the past, I snatched up the opportunity. I haven't read a Deveraux novel in a long, long while. She was one of the very first romances I ever read and I fell in love. The bookmobile librarian was growing tired of me borrowing 30 books at a time and was fast running out of book recommendations for my 12 year old self. So she handed me two books: The Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught and The Black Lyon by Jude ...more
Kimberlee
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Fabulous Montgomery-Taggert Stars

I absolutely love Jude Deveraux and her family trilogies. I have been in love with the Montgomery and Taggert clan since I first read "A Knight in Shinning Armour" in July of 1990.

In this book we meet Jamie and Hallie. He's a war vet with scars inside and out. She is a lonely young physical therapist with just as many scars on the inside. Life takes a drastic change for Hallie when she catches her step-sister committing fraud and identity theft. Suddenly H
Angie
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, audiobooks
My first experience reading Jude Deveraux...

There were things I really liked and things I didn't about this book. I think I've realized I need to space my strictly romance reads out because I feel myself getting critical and I don't want to be that way. I just want to read (or listen) and enjoy the experience!

*There are a few gratuitous "bedroom" scenes
Wendy
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feel-good
I received an ARC from FirstToRead in exchange for an review. The covers of Jude Deveraux are always somewhat classical romantic. Since I hadn't read any of Jude Deveraux's books, I was afraid that this book would be a little too sweet for my likings. However, Jude certainly proofed me wrong. From the very beginning of the book, she got my attention. I mean, when a book starts with an evil stepsister, Shelly, who is trying to sell a house which is supposed to be from the main character, Hallie, ...more
Beth
Highly imaginative, Ever After brings us vividly to the island of Nantucket for some match making, romance, a wedding and ghosts.

Hallie is a physical therapist who inherits a home on Nantucket. Her evil step-sister tries to steal it. Match making ghost already reside in it… And Jamie, he already lives in it, has also already made some alterations to the house for his physical therapy sessions, and his family well they utterly invade it.

From PTSD to sleeping kisses, conniving relatives to naked c
Judy
I have been eagerly awaiting this book and started salivating as soon as it first went up on Netgalley. I have always been a sucker for the Montgomery-Taggert families and have read most of the books in this ever evolving family saga down through the ages. And though the Montgomery's came first, I have always had a special liking for the Taggerts, so I was excited to see that this final book would be about that side of the family.

Jude Deveraux writes strong females. Females that have been batter
Kathy Martin
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The third book in Deveraux's Nantucket trilogy was just as wonderful as the first two books. Our heroine is Hallie Hartley; our hero is James Taggert. Hallie is a physical therapist and Jamie is in need of one. Hallie has inherited a house on Nantucket which she almost never finds out about as her younger stepsister has decided to impersonate Hallie and steal her house. Hallie walks in just as Shelly is signing the papers accepting the inheritance. To get away from her scheming stepsister, Halli ...more
Arlena

Title: Ever After Author: Jude Deveraux
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Series: A Nantucket Brides Trilogy # 3
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review

"Ever Ever" by Jude Deveraux

What I enjoyed from this read....

I liked this well written story that kept my attention from the start all the way to the end of this good story which happens to be the third in this Nantucket Brides Trilogy. This was quite a interesting story of how a family member can betray you. I am not sure I wouldn't have taken the ro
Ana Luisa
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Comecei a leitura pelo fim!
Começar a ler esta trilogia pelo ultimo livro fez com que aumentasse a vontade de ler os outros livros e eu já devia de estar habituada. Jude Deveraux sempre teve este poder sobre mim e depois de tantos livros publicados isso continua a acontecer.

Por entre as suas séries, a autora consegue seguir sempre a mesma “receita”, mas sem deixar de maravilhar o leitor e mantê-lo cativado ao longo de toda a historia, desejando saber o que
Sue
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kirsten Potter narrated this title and did a great job. I'll miss the novels for two reasons, the setting is Nantucket Island a very special place and the mix of ghosts and legends. You can just see the seafaring community having ghosts of Sea Captains an. It made them fun and a bit whimsical.

The story and sweet and pretty straight forward the best bits include the Taggarts. Fun loving family, it's nice to see another generation finding love.

4.5 Narration
3.75 Story
Kirsten
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ever After is a marvelous read! I have read many of Jude Deveraux's books- but this blew me away. I was completely into the story and the characters. I felt like I was in the storyline with them. I was cheering them and wishing that I could talk with them. I want to continue reading!
Sandra
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just perfect!
Wicahpis
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leituras-2017
Esta autora não desilude ninguém...
Evelyn Wilson
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook-books-read
Well, I messed up and read this first! Oh well . . . Now I am becoming a Jude Deveraux obsessor besides loved A Knight in Shining Armor, Summer House and Return to Summer House !

Page 17
Henry left his house to you specifically, not to your father.

Page 24
There was a piece of white linen in an embroidery hoop and she picked it up. It had a design of two birds and half of it has been beautifully sewn. She wondered if the later Henry Bell had done it.

Page 33
She stepped left, but it was almost as thou
Linda Sunina
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love books of Deveraux - they let me to avoid the real world and for a while live in such a beautiful imaginary world...the beginning of the book was quite boring and artificial, but afterwards I simply couldn’t put it away :)
Tina Bahat
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Otok, duhovi, čajanke, stare duše u novim tijelima...neke su priče toliko šarmantne da poželiš uskočiti u njih. Nisam baš ljubitelj serijala, ali ovaj baš odiše nekim šarmom i toplinom koja se uvuče u srce...
Reni
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Mmmmm, for some reason this one didn't grab me like the previous two. Just can't put my finger on it but it just didn't work for me. Skipped a few pages along the way and didn't miss much. Kinda says it all doesn't it.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 07, 2015 02:31PM
  • Secrets at the Maple Syrup Farm
  • Hex (The Evolution, #3)
  • Not Always a Saint (The Lost Lords, #7)
  • The Great Estate (Thornbrook Park, #3)
  • Rules of the Game
  • The Mill River Redemption (Mill River, #2)
  • Varick: The Reckoning (A Vampire Erotic Thriller)
  • Moonfall: Tales from the Levant
  • The Conquest of Lady Cassandra (Fairbourne Quartet, #2)
  • Once Upon a Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane, #10.5)
  • The Escape (The Survivors' Club #3)
  • Marry Me at Christmas (Fool's Gold, #19)
  • The Secret Ingredient of Wishes
  • The Tea Shop on Lavender Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #5)
  • Kiss and Spell (Enchanted, Inc., #7)
  • Dog Gone, Back Soon (Cyrus Mills, #2)
  • Death Before Decaf (A Java Jive Mystery, #1)
  • Ultimate Venus, Volume 3
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux

Nantucket Brides (3 books)
  • True Love (Nantucket Brides, #1)
  • For All Time (Nantucket Brides, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be