Start by marking “Ever After (Nantucket Brides, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ever After (Nantucket Brides, #3)

Ever After

(Nantucket Brides #3)

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Jude Deveraux’s eagerly awaited third novel in her blockbuster Nantucket Brides trilogy continues the spellbinding saga of the Montgomery-Taggerts, set on an island steeped in beauty and unforgettable romance.

Life is anything but perfect for Hallie Hartley, a young physical therapist who has given up nearly everything—even her love life—for her
Published June 23rd 2015 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Ever After, please sign up.
Heike No, they do not have to be read in chronological orders. Couples from former books may play a small role, but it's not necessary to know how their…moreNo, they do not have to be read in chronological orders. Couples from former books may play a small role, but it's not necessary to know how their story went to go with the next book.(less)
SusanL Heather,
Heather,
There are so very many however, if you want to read about Jamie’s parents they are in The Invitation. You can’t go wrong starting anywhere. You could look up her Montgomery/Taggert books to see a chronological order. My 1st book was A Knight in Shining Armor. She’s been a favorite of my ever since about 30 years. Enjoy!(less)

Start your review of Ever After (Nantucket Brides, #3)
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies

Wow. The main character is a serious creeper. Look at this book description.
But Jamie's hiding something: every night Hallie hears him crying out in his sleep. Finding that only her presence can calm him, Hallie begins spending the night with Jamie, sneaking away every morning before he wakes up.
Dude, when is this ever ok? If this were a guy sneaking into a girl's bed, we would be crying out for sexual harassment.

Geri Reads
DNF @35%

I'm of the belief that when a book fails to capture your attention in the first few chapters, then you should just DNF. Unfortunately, Ever After just failed to capture my attention.

I've read the first book in the series and liked it enough. I didn't read the second. When this was offered to me, I thought the blurb sounded interesting but when I actually started reading this, it just failed to captivate. Jude Deveraux is a stellar storyteller. My problem with this book was there was
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

3 Stars

I have been a fan of Jude Deveraux for a long time so when I was offered a chance to review this book, I jumped at the chance. I read and enjoyed the first two books of this trilogy last summer so I was pretty confident that this would be a book that I would really like. For the most part, I really had a nice time reading this book. I seem to be picking up one depressing book after another lately so a nice Jude Deveraux romance was
Vicki
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I am a huge fan of Jude Deveraux and I loved the others in the series, but this one was not as much loved as the others. The dress on the cover was beautiful. I did love the scenery and I loved the romance. The rest was a pass.
Ashley Daviau
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun, guilty pleasure for me. It was cute and sweet and the perfect fluffy summer read. I also enjoyed the little touch of magic and ghosts thrown in, it added a fun element to the story that I really enjoyed. I didn’t particularly connect to any of the characters but some of them were just so fun to hate! I liked the way it played out too, the bad guys got what they deserved and the good guys got the happy ending they deserved!
KatLynne
3.5 Stars
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The Nantucket Brides Trilogy is coming to a close with this wonderfully written love story. As usual, our ghosts have a hand in the love that is growing and all the wonderful Montgomerys and Taggerts are all in on it as well.

It saddens me knowing that I won't be visiting with these wonderful people anymore. Hoping beyond hope that Jude Devereaux decides that the Brides of Colorado are next and we get to keep visiting with these wonderful
Amanda
I found this book to be slightly confusing. If I had read the previous books in the series I'm sure this would not have been the case, but I started fresh with this title. There was a lot going on - tons of characters, weddings, ghosts, secrets, horrible family, awesome family, characters (it needed repeating there were so many people wandering around). I also struggled a bit with the dialogue. It seemed quite old fashioned at times, which makes sense because Deveraux has written so many ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Reviewed for NetGalley:

I don't read a ton of Jude Deveraux and I feel like this is a romance that needs to be read in order. All the different families and couples were really confusing. The ghosts had an interesting story, the main couple was kind of okay. Although, they were both annoying in separate ways. The Heroine because she had low self esteem and was constantly harping on herself and the Hero because he was holding a little too closely to the silent warrior being a jerk instead of
Debbie
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It has been years since I read a Jude Deveraux book. I am hooked again. I have rediscovered a new, old author, one I have missed.

This book held my attention. Full of passion, family problems, ghosts, my favorite part. Whether you are a fan of Jude Deveraux or not this is a not to be missed read.
Carolyn
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read. Original Review still stands:

Hallie Hartley hasn't had an easy life. Losing her mother at an early age, her father, a very weak-willed man, leans on her. Her father's parents step in and begin nurturing Hallie and providing the love she lacks. It isn't long before her father re-marries and literally brings home the evil step-mother, along with her equally self-centered, spoiled daughter. Rather than step in on his daughter's behalf, Hallie's father leaves home anytime there is a
Eva • All Books Considered
Review originally posted at All Books Considered: THREE STARS

I love love love books set on Nantucket, especially Elin Hilderbrand's and Nancy Thayer's books. That is initially why I wanted to read this one. I liked Hallie (the MC) a lot but this book (and maybe the series or the author?) seemed super antiquated -- this easily could have been set in the 1970s or 1980s based upon the plot/language, etc. Hallie and Jamie were sweet together but I was definitely not expecting the touch of
Heather
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Having read all three books in this series, I can honestly say this is the best of the series. Ever After is a contemporary romance with just a touch of the paranormal and full of endearing characters that certainly all deserve a book and a HEA of their own. Jamie and Hallie are thrown together by family but manage to bring out the best in one another without even realizing how much each has helped the other. It was a true feel-good romance that I hated to see end!

ARC received from NetGalley in
Cruth
Author: Jude Deveraux
First published: 2015
Length: 5822 kindle locations
Setting: Nantucket. Contemporary + Regency.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Recuperating soldier. (view spoiler)
Heroine: Recently graduated physiotherapist.
Paranormal: Time travel + ghosts.
Trigger: Hero was in a Humvee that exploded in a war environment. Colleagues died and he was injured. Some ptsd.

Bringing the trilogy to an end with two weddings: Toby and Graydon and Ken and Jilly. Hallie and James are
a_tiffyfit
I got an offer to read this on Netgalley and since I've read Jude Deveraux novels in the past, I snatched up the opportunity. I haven't read a Deveraux novel in a long, long while. She was one of the very first romances I ever read and I fell in love. The bookmobile librarian was growing tired of me borrowing 30 books at a time and was fast running out of book recommendations for my 12 year old self. So she handed me two books: The Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught and The Black Lyon by Jude ...more
Angie
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, romance
My first experience reading Jude Deveraux...

There were things I really liked and things I didn't about this book. I think I've realized I need to space my strictly romance reads out because I feel myself getting critical and I don't want to be that way. I just want to read (or listen) and enjoy the experience!

*There are a few gratuitous "bedroom" scenes
Wendy
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feel-good
I received an ARC from FirstToRead in exchange for an review. The covers of Jude Deveraux are always somewhat classical romantic. Since I hadn't read any of Jude Deveraux's books, I was afraid that this book would be a little too sweet for my likings. However, Jude certainly proofed me wrong. From the very beginning of the book, she got my attention. I mean, when a book starts with an evil stepsister, Shelly, who is trying to sell a house which is supposed to be from the main character, Hallie, ...more
Beth
Highly imaginative, Ever After brings us vividly to the island of Nantucket for some match making, romance, a wedding and ghosts.

Hallie is a physical therapist who inherits a home on Nantucket. Her evil step-sister tries to steal it. Match making ghost already reside in it… And Jamie, he already lives in it, has also already made some alterations to the house for his physical therapy sessions, and his family well they utterly invade it.

From PTSD to sleeping kisses, conniving relatives to naked
Judy
I have been eagerly awaiting this book and started salivating as soon as it first went up on Netgalley. I have always been a sucker for the Montgomery-Taggert families and have read most of the books in this ever evolving family saga down through the ages. And though the Montgomery's came first, I have always had a special liking for the Taggerts, so I was excited to see that this final book would be about that side of the family.

Jude Deveraux writes strong females. Females that have been
Kathy Martin
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The third book in Deveraux's Nantucket trilogy was just as wonderful as the first two books. Our heroine is Hallie Hartley; our hero is James Taggert. Hallie is a physical therapist and Jamie is in need of one. Hallie has inherited a house on Nantucket which she almost never finds out about as her younger stepsister has decided to impersonate Hallie and steal her house. Hallie walks in just as Shelly is signing the papers accepting the inheritance. To get away from her scheming stepsister, ...more
Arlena

Title: Ever After Author: Jude Deveraux
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Series: A Nantucket Brides Trilogy # 3
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review

"Ever Ever" by Jude Deveraux

What I enjoyed from this read....

I liked this well written story that kept my attention from the start all the way to the end of this good story which happens to be the third in this Nantucket Brides Trilogy. This was quite a interesting story of how a family member can betray you. I am not sure I wouldn't have taken the
Shannon
Sep 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Terribly written, ridiculously boring characters and really some of the worst romance and sex scenes ever described. Very disappointing for an author with the imagination of Deveraux. This story is about Hallie, a physical therapist who inherits a dream house and a job, rehabilitating a soldier injured in war. Characters you care little about come and go, the romance is about as involved as a heavy massage and you just want it to be over. I stuck with it just to see how the trilogy ended but ...more
Kimberlee
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Fabulous Montgomery-Taggert Stars

I absolutely love Jude Deveraux and her family trilogies. I have been in love with the Montgomery and Taggert clan since I first read "A Knight in Shinning Armour" in July of 1990.

In this book we meet Jamie and Hallie. He's a war vet with scars inside and out. She is a lonely young physical therapist with just as many scars on the inside. Life takes a drastic change for Hallie when she catches her step-sister committing fraud and identity theft. Suddenly
Sue
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kirsten Potter narrated this title and did a great job. I'll miss the novels for two reasons, the setting is Nantucket Island a very special place and the mix of ghosts and legends. You can just see the seafaring community having ghosts of Sea Captains an. It made them fun and a bit whimsical.

The story and sweet and pretty straight forward the best bits include the Taggarts. Fun loving family, it's nice to see another generation finding love.

4.5 Narration
3.75 Story
Kirsten
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ever After is a marvelous read! I have read many of Jude Deveraux's books- but this blew me away. I was completely into the story and the characters. I felt like I was in the storyline with them. I was cheering them and wishing that I could talk with them. I want to continue reading!
Evelyn Wilson
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook-books-read
Well, I messed up and read this first! Oh well . . . Now I am becoming a Jude Deveraux obsessor besides loved A Knight in Shining Armor, Summer House and Return to Summer House !

Page 17
Henry left his house to you specifically, not to your father.

Page 24
There was a piece of white linen in an embroidery hoop and she picked it up. It had a design of two birds and half of it has been beautifully sewn. She wondered if the later Henry Bell had done it.

Page 33
She stepped left, but it was almost as
Linda Sunina
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love books of Deveraux - they let me to avoid the real world and for a while live in such a beautiful imaginary world...the beginning of the book was quite boring and artificial, but afterwards I simply couldn’t put it away :)
Reni
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Mmmmm, for some reason this one didn't grab me like the previous two. Just can't put my finger on it but it just didn't work for me. Skipped a few pages along the way and didn't miss much. Kinda says it all doesn't it.
Terri
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio version of this book.
Good end to the trilogy. I loved the way the two main characters interacted and I loved that she climbed in bed with Jamie when he had his nightmares, but he didn't know for a long time that she was doing it.
The narration was wonderful!
Nicky
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
I can’t say I was a fan of this whole series. But this last book was definitely my least favorite. I didn’t love Victoria from the first book. I thought she was horribly manipulative, overrated, and overbearing. But she was nothing compared to Shelley. Shelley was a true terror. Aside from Shelley, the so called love story didn’t make much sense or really draw me in. I wasn’t feeling the love.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Aug 07, 2015 02:31PM

• Love
  • Cherish (Vows #3)
  • Honor
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Fool's Gold Cookbook: A Love Story Told Through 150 Recipes (Fool's Gold, #12.1)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • The Girl of His Dreams
  • Starlight
  • Echo Lake (Swift River Valley, #4)
  • California Girls
  • Under Currents
  • Pretty Woman
  • A Vow to Love
  • Undercover Connection
  • The Real Deal
  • Kate's Vow
  • Late for the Wedding (Lake/March, # 3)
  • Cider Brook (Swift River Valley, #3)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first

Nantucket Brides (3 books)
  • True Love (Nantucket Brides, #1)
  • For All Time (Nantucket Brides, #2)
“So you’re saying that you wouldn’t have” 0 likes