Start by marking “Captured & Seduced (House Of The Cat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Captured & Seduced (House Of The Cat, #1)

Captured & Seduced

(House Of The Cat #1)

A shapeshifter and a wizard slugging it out, an alien world and a hell-horse...

Jockey Camryn O’Sullivan is an alcoholic on a downward spiral after the death of her husband. When aliens kidnap her, she’s both terrified and reluctantly fascinated by Ryman Coppersmith. She’s positive the weird attraction to her abductor is an anomaly. Something to ignore. She’ll t

Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 281 pages
Published June 1st 2014 by Munro Press (first published October 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Captured & Seduced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captured & Seduced

Start your review of Captured & Seduced (House Of The Cat, #1)
 B.E.Love
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars This wasn't a bad book but there was a little too much of the heroine stuck on her deceased husband( and yes I get it, I've said it before I will say it again I can't image loosing my husband or going on after loosing my husband but this is a romance), and it lasted so long that it made me question her love for the hero. Had they not been mated would she have stuck around. She even goes so far as to call the hero the husbands name at one of the very worst times ever. I also felt like ...more
LMR
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers 18+ Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Shelley Munro & Booksprout
When You're Abducted, "Captured, & Seduced," Can You Truly Find Happiness!!
I Absolutely Positively LOVE Shelley Munro's writing... Her Stories are Witty, Entertaining, Filled with HEAT, Packed with Action, & are Guaranteed to Please your senses, ALL while delivering a HEA or HFN ENDing that the Romantics in us search for!!
"Captured & Seduced" takes us on an Alien Abduction from Earth to a Spirited Horse Race on Another Planet, which our victim must WIN to GO HOME!
Ohhh, Did I mention the Horses a
Jamoz23
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting read.
What an interesting story. We have space travel, aliens, an evil wizard brother, cannibal horses, an oversexed cat shifter who knows nothing of his history and an alcoholic human horse trainer.
Camryn was on one hell of a downward spiral after her husband’s death, waking up on a space ship in a room with a cat was enough to sober her up. When she is told they meant to capture her brother instead of her, Camryn talks them into taking her as she has been training and riding hors
Clare O'Beara
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Horses but not as you know them. Yes, we're off to the far reaches of space as a feline shifter spacefarer and his crew kidnap a horse trainer from Earth. Actually she's a jockey, fighting to stay sober since her husband died. But the main thing is, she can train hell-horses. You what? Hell-horses. They are like big black hyenas (or wargs) and scavenge and fight to the death. Not your average day in the paddock.

This tale contains absurdities and similarities, brutality and romance. Adult romanc
Rachel
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked the story line and the characters, especially the secondary characters. I really hope we get to read more about Ry's crew. I liked that Ry and Camryn were more in depth than they initially professed themselves to be. I liked getting to peel back layers and learn more about them. I wasn't so fond of the jumps in time. It seemed that the relationships in the book should have progressed more for how much time jumped. I did like that the author fo ...more
Penny Ellgass
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caryn becomes an alcoholic after the death of her husband. She is living on the horse ranch with her brother and his family, they can no longer trust her due to her alcoholism. She hates herself for letting them down. One night alien'so come to take her brother to train their hell horse. She convinces them to take her instead, it is the least she can do for her brother after all he has done for her.
Ryan is a cat shapeshifter. He has made a bet he has to win and kidnapper her to train his hellhor
Susan Otto
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book about an alien cat shifter/ human Romance

The more I read this book the more grab my attention. It's about a human girl who was a horse trainer before she got kidnapped by aliens. It turned out the aliens needed her to train he'll horses to win a race against his brother.

The characters are unusual, varied in talents and abilities unique to each alien character, and dramatic. There are many erotic scene with the two main characters. The plot is different from any story that I
I have
Stephanie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, arc-copy
OOhh.. I have wanted to read this series for a while. When it came up as an ARC review I had to SNAG IT! House of the Cat was a quick and fun read. Camryn is kidnapped by Ry and his crew. They initially think they are grabbing her brother. Joke is on them lol.. I can't imagine the mental pain she is going through after losing her spouse. I wish we had discovered what happened to him for sure. All of the characters were likable and I enjoyed the storyline and world building. I am looking forward ...more
Jenny Hockings
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
YES PLEASE !!!
I LOVE THE MAIN ALIEN CHARACTER IN THIS BOOK, HE SUFFERED A BETRAYAL BY HIS FOSTER BROTHER AND TO CLEAR HIS NAME HE AGREES TO THE WAGER THAT HIS FOSTER BROTHER PROPOSES. THERE IS MURDER, BETRAYALS AND SUSPENSE THROUGH OUT THE STORY BUT RYMAN ALSO MADE CAMRYN A PROMISE THAT HE WOULD RETURN HER TO EARTH IF SHE TRAINED HIS HORSE SO THAT HE COULD WIN THE HELL RACE TO CLEAR HIS NAME !!! NOW RYMAN HAS HIS FELINE HALF PANTING FOR CAMRYN AND HE DOES NOT WANT TO LOOSE HER !!! WHAT IS GOING
Deb
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book started out pretty slow and I wasn't sure I was going to like the main character. She was broken due to the loss of her husband and she has let that consume her. When she is abducted, things begin to change. She is forced to overcome her addiction due to her abduction. Some of the book was hard to follow though as I didn't totally understand the training planet vs the planet they were on for the race and the male main character"s relationship to his planet. I liked some of the storylin ...more
Vivian Chrisman
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Start of another good series..

This is the start of another good series. Camryn was a character most can relate to. The death of a spouse could send anyone into a depression. For Camryn, that depression lead to alcoholism and the loss of her families trust. To atone, she takes her brother's place when aliens need him to train a hellhorse for a race. The chemistry between Camryn and Ry was undeniable but will she be able to move on from her grief to accept a future with him?

I received a free copy
Caroline Doig
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic story a bit long but I enjoyed it immensely. After the death of her husband Caryn becomes an alcoholic, she goes to live at her brothers farm but him and his wife don’t trust her because of her alcoholism. Aliens come down to take her brother away because they need someone to train the hell horses so instead of letting her brother go Caryn goes in his place. This is Caryn’s and the aliens story and what could be considered as hell horses. A fantastic story a 5 plus ⭐️ read an ...more
Stacey
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kidnapped by aliens by mistake, our heroine finds herself volunteering to take her brother's place in her captor's plans. They need an expert horse trainer and she needs to escape her life. Grieving the death of her husband, Camryn has been lost in an alcohol and drug induced haze. Alien abduction seems to be the wake up call she has been needing.

This book features interesting characters, intriguing storylines, and beautiful writing. I look forward to reading more by this author. Recommend! :D

I
Caroline Doig
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author and I gladly leave my review.
This is the first book I’ve read and reviewed by Shelly Munro and I really enjoyed reading it. I was immersed in this book from page 1 right up to the end, this book has it all sexy cat shifters and aliens and I loved the hot sex scenes. I liked the storyline and the characters and I recommend this book to anyone that is a fan of shifter / alien books.
Sherry Westendorf
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her husband dies and she gives up and becomes an alcoholic. Her mental state is drowned in the alcohol and no one can count on or trust her. Aliens come to try to kidnap her brother to train a horse. She talks them into taking her instead. This alien is hot and wants her badly. It is exciting, suspenseful, fun, hot, emotional and so much more. I was given a review copy by booksprout and voluntarily review it.
Arlyn Harris
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am pretty much only reading romances these days, with much of my attention on the sci fi, paranormal, and dark sub genres. I cannot believe it took me so long to read something by Shelley Munro! Captured And Seduced was a joy to read. Ryman and Camryn were so very steamy, I read this almost non stop over a day and a half. I am off to hunt down the other books in this series!!!

Kitt
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an entertaining mix of genres and themes. Aliens, shape-shifters, abduction, and a woman falling for her captor. Camryn was broken after the death of her husband, but she still has character and love enough to insist that aliens take her rather than her brother who has a family to care for. I enjoyed the chemistry that formed between Camryn and Ryman. The story has a villain foster brother, betrayal, adventure, and plenty of steamy scenes. I'm looking forward to more in this series.
Annemarie Suchey
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aliens, cat shifter, magic and hell horses. ...oh my! This is a far out adventure that hooks you in and keeps you guessing the outcome. Capt. Ryan is a cat shifter who has a bet with his brother Talor, that he can win a hell horse race to clear his name. He and his team kidnap Camryn mistaking her for her brother. Looking to have a horse trainer for his hell horse. Along the way, Camryn mates with Ryman. Talor creates troubles. Hang on with both hands!!
Cynthia Daniels Greene
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kitty 🐱

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started reading this book. I must say I loved it. Ry and Camryn had such fire between the two of them. Camryn just kept getting better and better. Imagine being from earth, but having the gumption to train a hell-horse. I could not stop reading. Great job Shelley Monroe.
Maria Wagner
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the sarcasm, the teasing and the commandeer of the crew/family. I enjoyed how strong the storyline was. How the plot thickens and the twist and turns had me on edge. The steamy scenes was hot and very interesting. Over all a great read.

MJM
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I normally love Shelley Munro's stories but this one did not 'hit the mark' for me I'm sorry to say. It just didn't gel for me. plenty of explicit sexual scenes and the two main characters didn't seem to have any real connection. Sorry. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Barbara
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book in the House of the Cat series is a well-written book that I know I will be rereading. Jockey Camryn O’Sullivan and Alien Feline shapeshifter Ryman Coppersmith's story kept me turning pages I had to know what was going to happen. A story I would recommend. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I also bought it.
Scarolet Ellis
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captured & Seduced by Shelley Munro this is an awesome story writen by an awesome writter. I love reading this story cause it is about shifters and I love those stories. I am so glad I read this story and I highly recommend it to everyone who loves reading shifter stories.

Debra Richardson
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I absolutely loved and enjoyed this book. It is a compelling, sexy, and passionate read. The plot is consistent, well-developed, and moves at a brisk pace. An amazing storyline of that is emotionally deep. The characters are interesting, sweet, deep, and perfect together. This is a really enjoyable read. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kimberly
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abducted and Mated

A fun story about being abducted by aliens and heading out for adventure to end up mates to a cat shifter and finding acceptance. Love the descriptions of the different planets, the writing totally sucks you in. I'm getting the rest of the series to find out what happens with the crew.
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captivating

I really liked the description of the hell horses. The way Cameron was able to train them for the race was amazing. Cameron was in deep grief on Earth, but with Ry she found new meaning. It is an engrossing story.
Selina Durio
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Well written

While this is a very well written book I could not get in to the content. The characters had depth and the story was developed, but I couldn’t find a feel for the story.
Gladys
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was just Ok for me. I did enjoy the sci-fi elements and the romance. I really liked Ryman, the hero. Camryn, I was not crazy about and really never managed to connect with her. The overall story was entertaining and the chemistry steamy.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline and character development made this book a hot and enjoyable read! I couldn't put it down it was that good!

Tanya
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She is grieving the loss of her husband and her life is going down hill. She is captured by an alien who wants her to train his horse so he can win a race. He finds he wants her so back. He had promised to let her go home but he will not. Follow them and see what will happen
« previous 1 3 next »
Shelley Munro Kicks Off A Sexy New Sci Fi Shapeshifter Series 1 3 Jun 11, 2014 09:44AM

• Love Potions (Warlocks MacGregor, #1)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's Second Chance (Billionaire Shifters Club, #3)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's True Alpha (Billionaire Shifters Club, #5)
  • Bren's Blessing (The Quasar Lineage, #1)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's Final Redemption (Billionaire Shifters Club, #6)
  • Reign (Draax, #1)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's Curvy Match (Billionaire Shifters Club, #1)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's Secret Baby (Billionaire Shifters Club, #4)
  • Spellbound (Warlocks MacGregor, #2)
  • The Billionaire Shifter's Virgin Mate (Billionaire Shifters Club, #2)
  • Mama and the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #1)
  • A Son for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #2)
  • Claimed by her Cougar (Cougar Creek Mates, #1)
  • Purchased by the Alien (Rebels of Sidyth, #1)
  • Mastered By Her Mates (Interstellar Brides Program, #6)
  • Tamed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #1)
  • Alien Captive (Tsenturion Masters #1)
  • The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1)
USA Today Bestselling author, Shelley lives in Auckland, New Zealand with her husband and a rambunctious puppy.

Typical New Zealanders, Shelley and her husband left home for their big OE soon after they married (translation of New Zealand speak - big overseas experience). A year long adventure lengthened to six years of roaming the world. Enduring memories include being almost sat on by a mountain

House Of The Cat (7 books)
  • Claimed & Seduced (House Of The Cat, #2)
  • Seized & Seduced (House of the Cat, #3)
  • Hunted & Seduced (House Of The Cat, #4)
  • Festive & Seduced (House of the Cat #5)
  • Betrayed & Seduced (House of the Cat Book 6)
  • Enticed & Seduced (House of the Cat, #7)

News & Interviews