Start by marking “Evelyn: To accompany the Fallen Angel series (Fallen Angel #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Evelyn: To accompany the Fallen Angel series (Fallen Angel #2.5)

Evelyn: To accompany the Fallen Angel series

(Fallen Angel #2.5)

Evelyn was sixteen years old when she fell in love. She fell in love with a murderer.

Rocco has been sent from Italy to live with the Morietti family in Washington, DC, for his safety, for his protection. He hadn’t banked on meeting the beautiful, but young, Evelyn, the daughter of the man who has given him refuge. He hadn’t banked on falling in love.

How hard is it to
Kindle Edition
Published July 28th 2014 (first published July 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Evelyn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evelyn

Start your review of Evelyn: To accompany the Fallen Angel series (Fallen Angel #2.5)
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: stephanie witter, Louise Bailey
Recommended to Book-Lover by: Tracie Podger
I'm not sure where to start with this book!
A story that goes straight to the heart! A book I recommend to anyone who likes a bit of romance and hard ass men!
Evelyn is a sheltered girl living in the world of Mafia. A man name Rocco comes to live with them in America after fleeing from Italy. She was 16 and fell instantly in love. The story is strong, intense, loving and enticing.

By the end I had a huge lump stuck in my throat, it felt like I was living Evelyn's life with her.
The writing by the
sue
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family-drama, romance

When I was approached by the author a couple of months ago, to see if this book interested me enough to read and review it, I was honored to read it. [When an author reaches out to me, I feel quite chuffed at the fact they trust my thoughts honestly]

The book

Evelyn was a 16 year old girl, she's not that naive though, she is surrounded by Mafia, the secret world of the Mafia.

Rocco is the guy we meet in the story, he flees from Italy, [he has his reasons]....
and comes to live in America where he is
Veronica Kmetz
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Although we know a little about Evelyn from Fallen Angel Parts 1&2, this book highlights her life from age 16-20. We are also introduced to the love of her life, Rocco.

This novella was such an emotional roller coaster for me. I really felt for this woman, even though her story reflects events that took place close to 30 years ago. The time she had with Rocco was not enough, not nearly enough, yet it was enough to last her a lifetime. I really wish she could have spent her life with
Tracie Podger
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Evelyn is a novella and based around one of the characters in the Fallen Angel series. It concentrates on one aspect of Evelyn's life, one that had a great impact on her and shaped her to be the woman she became. It's not a happy story, but this 'event' brought Robert Stone into her life. A man who was to become so very important to her and the man that would give her the happy ending she deserved, just not in the way you would imagine.
Karen Hrdlicka
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first novella of this series that I have read of this series and I truly loved it. The characters of Evelyn and Rocco are vivid and their love affair is heartbreakingly poignant. However, being a member of a mafia family and loving a man in the life is problematic in many ways. Evelyn falls for Rocco at the tender age of sixteen and he for her. When she turns eighteen it is game on and they dance around each other and hide their relationship, which is also problematic. Not one for ...more
KFForever
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
EVELYN by TRACI PODGER

FIVE WORTHY STARS

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse Nuttall for Kindle Friends Forever

This is one of those books that’s been slipped into a series and I can honestly say that if you've decided to read this book before reading the Fallen Angel series, it won’t spoil the flow of this beautifully written trilogy. Thus, you’ll have more of an understanding as to why Evelyn has the stance she has regarding love.

The story starts off when she’s sixteen. She’s totally infatuated with the
Kerry Callaway
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! I have only read a handful of novella in the past that pack a load of emotion into every page this novella being one of them!! I loved this book it took me on a rollercoaster of emotions, the main characters had a strength that I loved given their past circumstances and the situation they found themselves in, and all the way through reading this I hoped they would find the future they would dream of but knowing from the start that not all things work out as we hope. This novella can be ...more
Alison
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

Evelyn knows that what she feels at age 16 is more than just a crush, its true love. She keeps those feelings buried for two years, scared of what her Dad would think and unsure if Rocco felt the same way. When the feelings are reciprocated the connection they share is strong and they fight to keep it, but life doesn’t always give you the happily ever after you deserve.

This short Novella hits at the emotional strings, you can feel the love and connection that Evelyn and Rocco share.
Heather Way
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is about Evelyn It showing you when she meets the love of her life and how her family ran. It also showed all the insides of what she had to go through just to be the person she was meant to be. She loved her family so much but she needed more for herself as well.
I was a bit disappointed because i was hoping for this great romance between Evelyn and Rocco they did have a whirlwind romance. something that was forbidding that made it even better. Then when Evelyn was ready to tell her
DJ Sakata
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

I heard the words, of course, but they didn’t register. I just stood, shaking my head, trying to dislodge them from my ears, from my brain. I heard my father rise from his chair and then I heard a strange noise, an animalistic, guttural, sound. It took a while before I realized the sound was coming from me. I couldn’t get my breath...

If you ever can, Evelyn, please visit. I want to know the woman that my son loved so deeply.

I didn’t need possessions, I didn’t need fancy shoes or
Janet
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book to Beta-Read, and I enjoyed every last sentence and comma of it.

Evelyn can be read as part of the series or as a stand alone book, it tells the dramatic and hauntingly tragic story of Evelyn and the love of her life - Rocco; before she meets the scorchingly sexy Robert Stone and his faithful friend and confident Travis. An amazing story, full of joy, angst, passion and sorrow, I defy you not to be moved by Tracie Podger's latest, beautifully written episode in the Fallen
Irma
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such a heartbreaking story... Beautiful!

I'm always amazed when reading one of Tracie's books how perfectly and withouth any force she creates a heroine wich deep down we all crave to be. So strong but passionate and warm. Evelyn is one of them and although she'd lost what she loved so much, she's always there for others. And I'm not quite sure who helped who more: she or Robert?
Sal
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Superb, absolutely superb. Would write more but I can't see through the tears... Just know this is a beautifully penned story that I highly recommend
Carmel Breffit
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will say this book is a proper heart puller - with tradegy of her loss of her mother and how her sheltered life of being brought up within the world of the mafia, then Evelyn discovers her true first love, Rocco.

Evelyn's feelings are buried at first due to her age but when she becomes 18, she cant hide no more, but does Rocco feel the same way?

With such an intense storyline and with Evelyn's upbringing what would her dad think of her becoming involved with Rocco?

The emotions and feelings are
Jessica71208
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't the ending I saw coming!!

I love to read mafia books and this one was a good short story. This story included enough backstory so we had a good idea of the family life and the relationship between Rocco and Evelyn. As we watched the relationship grow between the 2 it wasn't like the typical mafia couple. In the end it was a bit surprising and emotional how the relationship turned out. This book really showed how people can change when faced with traumatic situations. This was great fast
Amanda Campbell
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a new reader for Tracie Podger. It was really well written and I loved it which is unusual since I tend to avoid Mafia stories. I know it was a Novella that could be read as a standalone but also allowed another story have more background, but I am so sad that Rocco and Evelyn didn't get their chance. They were so sweet together and I loved how rough he was with others (from Evelyn's POV) yet so gentle and soft with her. And the letter . . . . OMG Heartbreaking. I will be looking forward to ...more
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, romance
I really like this book. The story quickly drew me in and held me captive until I turned the last page. This is a beautiful story and I cried, I had to go in search of tissues. The story is well told with believable characters. I look forward to reading more from this author.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Evelyn

A sweet story full of love, heartbreak and happiness. It was a story that swept me off my feet and will likely stay with me for a while.
I enjoyed the characters and their journey but most of all I enjoyed the emotions the story invoked.
Mona williams
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is a short story you will love! its about a young woman who has been in love with her dads right side man for years. he finally notices her and they start a secret relationship behind her dads back. will he find out? read to find out what happens. you will tissue for this book!
Riah Pilling
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one broke me. Evelyn's story is so tragic and so beautiful. Anyone who has started the main series will adore this story and I cannot reccomend it enough.
Teri Ditchman
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great love story. You will feel all the emotions that Evelyn feels. Written well!
Lenna  Wright-Berry
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two words about and I won't say no more.

Very. Emotional.
Kaye Springett
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m working my way thought this series and loving it . Was told to read Evelyn before Rocco so that’s what Iv done . It’s her back story and how she meets Robert nice short read
Stephanie's Sexy Reads
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Evelyn Morietti is a young girl whose mother passed away and her father is in the mafia. She has a lot on her plate, stepping in taking care of her little brother and her sister has retreated into herself, since their mom died.

She's been in love with Rocco since she was sixteen. He is her father's second in command. Her mom has always known Evelyn was in love with Rocco, and she told Evelyn a few months before she passed, that she wanted more for Evelyn in life.

On Evelyn's eighteenth birthday,
Dawn
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!! This book is fantastic!
This tells the story of Evelyn……her life before she met a young child named Robert Stone on a street one day.Evelyn was sixteen when she fell in love with Rocco.Rocco had been sent to live with Evelyns family (why youll have to read and find out!)Evelyn was the daughter of the man who offered him his home and protection.He didn’t bank on Evelyn ….he kept his distance they fought their feelings as Evelyn grew into a beautiful young woman it was only a matter of
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The story of Evelyn and Rocco will stay with me for a long time to come, as I write this review I'm recovery form one of the worst/ best ugly cries ever, this book broke my heart.
This book is a novella to accompany the two novels in the Fallen Angel series, it's the story of Evelyn, Robert Stones, savour, housekeeper and friend.
Evelyn is sixteen, staring to blossom as a young woman when she falls head over heels for the dark and dangerous Rocco who has been smuggled out of Italy to save his
claire morgan
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I love these books thank you for writing them and I will read them again and again and treasure them thank you
Kaf
Aug 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-ipad
As I read the last page of this book I thought to myself ... "How am I supposed to review this without spoilers?"

Several days later I still do not have an answer to this question. In fact this book has left me with more questions than answers about Evelyn and her choices.

Evelyn is well written and there is good character development. There is a bit of mystery and intrigue (Mafia connection) along with some romantic angst. Evelyn, although sheltered in many ways has a strong will and a good
Ashley
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a reader, I often have mixed views on a release of a novella. I sometimes feel cheated out of a full story, or disappointed it wasn't included in the regular novel. Tracie Podger's release of Evelyn is a wonderful supplement to the Fallen Angel series. Evelyn is the big sister, motherly figure in Brooke and Robert's story. I loved her as a secondary character and was intrigued to read her story. We find out about her late teens, growing up in "the family". We discover as a young girl, Evelyn ...more
Rach
This is the second book of Tracie Podger's which I have read. I thought the first one was brilliant but this one was even better. I highly recommend it

I love Eveyln's strength of character and determination, especially when it comes to Rocco and her instant attraction to this mysterious, dark and extremely sexy man.

Rocco won my heart from the start of the book when he sweeps in to protect Evelyn's honour, in such a small way, but it made me swoon. He is the man for me so Evelyn can just step

• Another Life
  • Beautiful Burn (The Maddox Brothers, #4)
  • To Catch A Duke (Tales From Seldon Park, #1)
  • El Pecador (Saint-Sinner, #2)
  • Brody (Default Distraction #1)
  • The Man in the Black Suit
  • The Fallen: Genesis (Deadly Virtues, #0.5)
  • El Santo (Saint-Sinner, #1)
  • Bolt #1 (Bolt Saga #1)
  • Henri (Confessions, #5)
  • Piper: A Last Score Spin Off
  • Finding Storm (The Storm, #4)
  • Between Sinners and Saints
  • Hush
  • The Immortal Muse
Tracie Podger currently lives in Kent, UK with her husband and a rather obnoxious cat called George. She’s a Padi Scuba Diving Instructor with a passion for writing. Tracie has been fortunate to have dived some of the wonderful oceans of the world where she can indulge in another hobby, underwater photography. She likes getting up close and personal with sharks.

Twitter

Fallen Angel (10 books)
  • Robert: To accompany the Fallen Angel series (Fallen Angel 0.5)
  • Fallen Angel, Part 1 - A Mafia Romance (Fallen Angel #1)
  • Fallen Angel, Part 2 - A Mafia Romance (Fallen Angel #2)
  • Fallen Angel, Part 3 - A Mafia Romance (Fallen Angel #3)
  • Fallen Angel, Part 4 - A Mafia Romance (Fallen Angel #4)
  • Travis: To accompany the Fallen Angel series