Start by marking “The Possible Police” as Want to Read:
The Possible Police

The Possible Police

What happens when you remove all obstacles to a child’s imagination? Anything is possible. Unless of course, you let The Possible Police stop you. They will do whatever it takes to stop children from believing. Wylde Scott believes that all children should live in a world of endless possibilities. In this beautifully illustrated picture book, Wylde takes your child into hi ...more
Hardcover, First, 32 pages
Published October 15th 2014 by Wylde Press

To ask other readers questions about The Possible Police, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Possible Police

Start your review of The Possible Police
Alexandra
When I was growing up my mother wouldn't allow me to say, "I can't". She taught me an important lesson, that there was nothing I couldn't do if I wanted it bad enough and was willing to work hard enough to do it.

That there is no "can't", there is only "I won't" or "I don't want to".

This book empowers and affirms dreams of children to do even the impossible. The rhymes and artwork are reminiscence of Dr. Seuss. The message is clear, don't listen to the nay-sayers, dream big, and believe in yourse
Elaine
A story, like this, that's told in rhyme,
Will appeal to children every time!
Telling children like this what they cannot do
Makes them want to make dreams come true
A brilliant book, well illustrated and told
Likely to become a classic for young and old!
I imagine children will want to take a look
And read, re-read, re-read this book!

Thanks netgalley for enabling me to read this brilliant book for children!

I would like to update this review to add a big thank you
To Wylde Scott, the author of this book
Anna || BooksandBookends
I downloaded a copy of 'The Possible Police' from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All books which I have downloaded from NetGalley have been placed on an eponymous separate shelf.

I really enjoyed reading 'The Possible Police'. It's a lovely book with beautiful illustrations and a wonderful moral to the story. This would be a great story book suitable to use with young children. It demonstrates the power of our imaginations and the unstoppable force which we all individually are. Its
Selena
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the positive attitude of the main character in the book. He doesn’t listen when the Possible Police tell him he can’t do things. As a parent and a teacher, I don’t think kids hear the positive enough. Many times we are stuck telling them they can’t do something they may learn not to try.
The artwork is beautiful as well.

I will definitely recommend this book to readers of any age, any level. I plan to add this title to my personal collection!
Lindea
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The formatting of this book is very neat looking (when reading it on Bluereader), the illustrations are cute and fit the story well. The text is very poetic and easy to read out loud, as it should be as childrens books are often read out loud, but at some points it loses its rhythm.

The message in the book is strong and the author encourage children to follow their dreams. In the imagination everything is possible, it is when you grow up you start to meet all the impossibilities. In a quirky and
Lisa
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very cute! i loved that people were telling the main character "no, you can't", and the main character told them basically "yes, i can. have you tried it?" it will help instill in kids to reach for their dreams, even if it is out of the norm.
Evie
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Now, THIS is the kind of book I want to read to my child, for I want her to dream big and achieve anything and everything she wants to achieve. Sky is the limit, don't ever let the Possible Police convince you otherwise!
Merribeth Bizzell
Completely magical! Written in gorgeous, imaginative rhyme. The illustrations are delightfully dream-like and complement the author's words to perfection.
Steph
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Don't be fooled by the child-centric description; this picture book is perhaps more important and poignant for adults than any other age.

The Possible Police will do anything to discourage whatever they haven't done, thought, or said before! But our mischievous and imaginative narrator is far more clever and far more determined to live the life and do the things and say the words he wants! On every page, Scott's imagination comes to life in vivid color and lush, dreamlike pictures, showing reader
Yomna hosny
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received an eARC of this book from Natgalley and the publisher for review, thanks for that :)

This is an illustrated children's book where the main character is trying to dream and achieve the impossible but keeps being thwarted by "the possible police". A group of people meant to fill in for society as the naySayers.

The possible police track her at every turn and tell her it's impossible to achieve all that you dream of. They even try to lock her in her bedroom. but she keeps running away fro
Emily
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for free through the Goodreads FirstRead program.

As children's books go, this is one of the truly good ones. The illustrations are breathtaking -- quirky and charming and even beautiful in their own right. The story -- that of a child adamantly saying that they will continue to imagine and dream, whether or not what's imagined is possible -- is a sweet one with a nice message. It's told in pleasant more-or-less-rhymed verse, which is done very well and is never clu
Sherry Haynes
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Move over Dr. Seuss there is a new poet in town and includes words of wisdom to instill dreams once again in a child. The Possible Police is beautifully designed in how it is written and the characters come alive in the "pictures" (as my grandchildren call them).

This book isn't just about something funny but truly is about giving a child the courage to dream despite all obstacles. Very good book for children of all ages for our dreams are always worth striving for.
Michael Jefferson
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
What an Amazing Children's Book!!
It is truly a classic in the making and a must have for any child in your life.
I was a fan from the first page... the logo! "Imagination is Everything", What a great message for children... and adults. After that it just got better. Wonderfully illustrated and reminded me so much of the classics I loved as a child and bought for my daughter when she was young. The final message "If I dream, and then believe, nothing in the world is impossible for me." Wow!!
Kari Heitman
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The message of this book is absolutely what my students need...anything they dream is possible! The illustrations are so vibrant, colorful, and detailed. I truly enjoyed following the very optimistic and adamant main character through the rejection of naysayers (the Possible Police). Such a wonderful picture book for any child!
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
This is a great story for kids. It basically reminds us that nothing is set in stone so long as you have your imagination and your will to make things happen. It's so nice to read a book that can teach kids not to let other people (possible police) deter them from reaching their dreams.

The drawings are all so very nice too. :)

Thank you, Netgalley for letting me read this. :)
K.M. Montemayor
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with my two boys. They both loved it. They liked the illustrations. My youngest liked the message of all that is possible.
"you do not know, what I can do, where I can go. Just because you fail to see all that's possible and what could be."
Clyo (Las Páginas de Alex)
This was such a cute book. I read it to my little cousin (age 7) so the target audience could try it and she loved it.

I think it's the perfect way of showing kids that if you believe in yourself there isn't anything impossible.
Patty
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!!
This is the perfect book to read to children, something to keep their dreams & imagination alive!
Alison Strandell
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Anything is possible! Never let someone crush your dreams. #dreambigyms
Li Or
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A fun rhythmic, rhyming children's book teaching kids that no matter what anyone says (even if they look like authoritative Policemen!), you are always free to dream and reach for the stars and can achieve what seems impossible to others. A wonderful message!

Reading time: I read this book out to a relative within about 10-15 minutes, admiring the pictures as we went.

The writing: Reminiscent of Dr Seuss in its rhythm; a fun and flowing dialogue. Great stuff! I found it amusing that the author wro
Catarina
Jun 29, 2014 rated it liked it
The Possible Police is a book in verse that deals with children's imagination and dreams. Our hero Wylde Scott is being constrained by the Possible Police on the account that he dreams and thinks of things that are not possible and that just can't be. Wylde however has other plans and tries to explain to the Possible Police that they can't stop him from dreaming.
I quite enjoyed the poetry in this book and it will be easy for children to follow and giggle with Wylde shows the Possible Police all
Michael
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at The Dinglehopper

Reading this was kind of like witnessing the origin story of a modern day Dr. Seuss. Beginning with the childlike Wylde Scott alone in bed with hir dreams, a visit from the eponymous Possible Police propels a lively rhyming paean to the individual imagination. Soft focus illustrations tending toward angelic pastel pinks and yellows cast Scott as a bright beacon contrasted with the darkening trio of mustachioed cartoon cops with sly "PP" badges on their comically r
Jay
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
ARC provided by NetGalley on behalf the publishers

so, I start this and all I can think is "The dream police, they live inside of my head. The dream police, they come to me in my bed" (Cheap Trick - Dream Police).

not that that's a terrible thing, but I just couldn't shake it enough to enjoy this story for what it is.

other than my brain connecting to things to this book that are in no way related other than a similar idea, this is a nice little story about not letting anyone tell you what you
Lindsey Lewis
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
NOTE: I received an eARC copy of The Possible Police by Wylde Scott on NetGalley. I received no incentive to read or review this book other than said copy of work. The review below contains my own thoughts and opinions.

A lyrical, inspiring message encourages children to follow their dreams and dreamlike, ethereal watercolor illustrations are reminiscent of CandyLand in The Possible Police by Wylde Scott. My only complaint is that my NetGalley copy was difficult to read as it was cropped and frag
Chris
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2014-read
This was the cutest book!! The rhymes are rollicking and the illustrations are magical. There is a great message: don't believe the "Possible Police" who try to stop you from reaching for your dreams. Perfect for all ages-read this to the little ones and super for older kids to read to you! I liked this book quite a bit. Children get so many negative messages nowadays, it was so nice to read a book about being positive and making your dreams happen. I would like to see this book take off and be ...more
Kattie
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free, from Goodreads First Reads. This book is beautiful. The illustrations are wonderful. The author is the main character in the book, and he dreams whatever he wants. Anything is possible. I would definitely read more of his books to my niece and nephew. I will look for more books from this illustrator as well, because this book is so beautiful. See the rest of my review at www.vivacioushobo.com ...more
Marjorie
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Given To Me For An Honest Review

Wylde Scott has written a fantastic book, The Possible Police. It is a beautiful, magical story for children of all ages. It is written in rhyme. The illustrations are gorgeous and are done with bright beautiful colors. This is a book that children will want to read and read and read some more. I gave it 5 stars but it really deserves many more. I highly recommend it to all. It would make a great gift for any child.
Wayne Walker
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just who are “The Possible Police”? In this rhythmical story, author Wylde Scott portrays himself as a young boy who dreams about doing such things seeing the moon, riding the wind on a red balloon, capturing lightning in a jar, and painting a smile on a star. But then “The Possible Police” come along to tell him that “It’s just not done.” So they lock the locks, chain the door, and nail his skates to the floor. What will Wylde do now?

What might happen if all obstacles to a child’s imagination a
Sharon Tyler
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Possible Police by Wylde Scott is a picturebook about inspiring big dreams and imagination in children. In this book a young child encounters The Possible Police. They will do whatever it takes to stop children from believing. In this picture book, Wylde takes your child into his boundless imagination as he fights off the possible police. Join him as he inspires children to truly believe, and teaches them that no one can stop them from doing what they dream.

It is important that we teach our
I won a copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads.

If I were looking for a children's book to purchase, I probably never would have picked this one up. The title is compelling, but I'm not a fan of the illustration style.

Having said that, I am not the primary consumer of this book, my Kindergarten son is.

My son loves the concept of The Possible Police. He likes to pretend that he is a Possible Policeman, although I'm not completely sure that he understands that they are actually the villain

• Bridge to Terabithia
  • My Side of the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Watch Me
  • Esperanza Rising
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Fever 1793
  • The BFG
  • Number the Stars
  • The Giver (The Giver, #1)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)