Start by marking “The Marquesa's Necklace (Oak Grove Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Marquesa's Necklace (Oak Grove Mysteries, #1)

The Marquesa's Necklace

(Oak Grove Mystery #1)

Harmony Duprie enjoyed her well-ordered life in the quiet little town of Oak Grove—until her arrest for drug trafficking. Cleared of all charges, she wants nothing more than to return to the uneventful lifestyle of a historical researcher she once savored.

But when her beloved old car “George” is stolen and explodes into a ball of flames, it sets off a series of events that
Published July 1st 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Marquesa's Necklace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marquesa's Necklace

Jane Jago
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is four and a half stars. It’s a wonderful romp and you don’t put the pieces together until the end, which is a bonus.

Certainly good holiday reading.

Recommended
Cornelia
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harmony Duprie is such a fabulous character. She'll quickly becomes one of your best book friends. She's a strong, clever, modern, independent woman, who is also caring vulnerable and courageous. Caught up in a mystery that's not of her own making, bad guys are after her looking for something they think she has. She doesn't know why and she doesn't know what. She's got to put the clues together quick and find out what they want before she are someone she cares about gets hurt ...or worse.

This is
Linda Watkins
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To get through these cold, snowy winter nights, there's nothing better than curling up by the woodstove with a nice cozy mystery, which is just what I did with THE MARQUESA'S NECKLACE. It didn't disappoint.

What a fun read! Harmony Duprie, the main character, (and I absolutely love that name) leapt off the page with her intelligence and wry sense of humor. She's an independent woman who, for a living, does research for writers. The men in her life are quite unique. There's the mysterious "ghost"
Cornelia
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This is
A.E.M. A.E.M.
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome-authors
What a fun ride! Okay, there were three great things for me about this book.

First, the mystery. The main character is a fun, book loving lady who happened to be tossed into a mystery curtesy of her ex. The main mystery kept me going, but there were also smaller mysteries along the way that had me wanting to know just as much as the larger mystery!

Second, there's a handsome ghost in the library. What's more fun than that?

Third, there's a unique pull between the main character and her ex, a cop w
Stephany Tullis
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read by author PJ MacLayne and I was not disappointed. Ms. MacLayne has a solid and intriguing story line making this book a page turner. Solving the mystery of--as you might guess from the title--a missing necklace is not the only interesting part of this novel. The characters are so well developed and are 'mysteries' in and of themselves adding an indescribable and unexpected charm to the story line.

Harmony Duprie, one time almost owner of the missing necklace, of
Michele
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great, clean cozy mystery this is!! An unassuming researcher who helps authors (prior to that she was a librarian) made one major mistake--she fell for the wrong guy! Although she was exonerated from any wrong doing--someone is out to get her--her old car is fire bombed and she is being followed and all kinds of strange things and people start to come into her prior very quiet and serene life! Can she, with the help of some rather wacky characters figure out who is behind all this and why ...more
Ju Ephraime
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Marquesa's Necklace is a fun, lighthearted read from P.J. MacLayne. The story is filled with quirky humor that will have you breaking a smile every now and then, when you read the antics of the main character, Harmony Duprie. Trouble seems to follow Harmony, but she shrugs it off and keeps on going. When her old car, George, got blown up, she didn't miss a beat; she promptly bought herself, cash, a red Jag, that she named Delores. Then when her boyfriend, Jake, got locked up, she took up wit ...more
Ryleigh
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I beta read this book for PJ. I loved that Harmony named her cars. There was just enough action and suspense to keep me entertained. I can't wait for to read Harmony's next adventure.
andi pascarella
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
good read

I enjoyed this book very much....I will be watching for the next one I also read Wolves Pawn..also a very good read
judithwycallis
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Depth.

Enjoyed,but the narrator mainly had too many "situations" in the too many superficial characters novel.Really didn't become involved with more needed main protagonist.
Michelle
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very fun book to read

This book was a fun read to pass s cold rainy day. Loved how all the characters flowed so easily with the story.
Maryann
Jul 16, 2016
David Bingman
rated it did not like it
Aug 13, 2017
Stacy
May 13, 2015
Janet E.
P.J. MacLayne
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-books
N.N. Light
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Marquesa's Necklace by P. J. MacLayne is a fantastic cozy mystery. As this was the first time reading MacLayne, I went in not expecting anything. I was intrigued from the very first page and there were a few twists and turns to make this a true mystery. The characters were delightful and I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

My Rating: 4 stars
Sharon
Jul 16, 2017
Sandra Porter
Dec 28, 2018

Oak Grove Mystery (3 books)
  • Her Ladyship's Ring (Oak Grove Mysteries, #2)
  • The Baron's Cufflinks (The Oak Grove Mysteries, #3)