Start by marking “Der Knochenbrecher (Hunter und Garcia, #3)” as Want to Read:
Der Knochenbrecher (Hunter und Garcia, #3)

Der Knochenbrecher

(Robert Hunter #3)

Wenn es Nacht wird in Los Angeles, gibt es einen Mann, der keinen Schlaf findet. Von Albträumen heimgesucht, ist er auf der Suche nach seinem nächsten Opfer. Nur einer kann ihn aufhalten: Robert Hunter - Polizist, Profiler, Held des LAPD. Er weiß, wo er suchen muss. Die Jagd hat längst begonnen. Schlaf schön, L.A.!
Audible Audio
Published August 8th 2012 by Argon Verlag (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Der Knochenbrecher, please sign up.
Emily I'm not sure how old your question is but I'm currently reading this book on Kindle.

Start your review of Der Knochenbrecher (Hunter und Garcia, #3)
Lisa
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-loved
I am a huge fan of Chris Carter & the Robert Hunter series I don't know how you all feel but The Night Stalker the 3rd in the series is a brilliantly written novel that Carter takes you into the darkest & Macabre side of a serial killer, he gets you right in from the get go although reading this you do need a strong stomach.

A woman's body is found in a butchers shop brutally murdered her lips stitched & female organ's also Detective Robert Hunter & his partner D
Petra
4.5 stars. Best one of the series so far! Great storyline. Really appreciated that Hunter wasn't quite as perfect as in the previous ones.
Supratim
This is the first time that I read a book by Chris Carter. I had come across the book in my library and the blurb and a little research in Goodreads made me give this book a try.

The book starts with the autopsy of a woman's body. I have read quite a few psycho-thriller novels with piles of brutalized corpses but what was done here was so perverse, so deranged. More shocking facts are revealed and tragedy keeps striking again and again.

Enters Det. Robert Hunter - nice surname by the
Book Addict Shaun
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Having read hundreds of crime books over the years, I find a lot of them now to be boring and predictable and try to mix up my reading by reading other genres. I have also become pretty desensitized to much of what goes on in crime fiction stories which is pretty bad when you consider how terrible some of them can be. That said this is my fourth Chris Carter book (not including the short story) and I can safely say his books are not boring, they are not predictable and they certainly contain sce ...more
Melissa
If you love a good a good 'get in there' psychological thriller, then this is definitely the one for you.This book gives it all in spades.
Why hasn't Chris Carter got more recognition for his works? These books are amazing but definitely NOT for the faint hearted.
Even though the content was intense and full of non stop action, it was an easy to read book and could be read quite quickly.
I loved the way each chapter ended with a little tease to make you want to turn the page strai
Mark
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found another installment of the Robert Hunter books by Chris Carter (non- X-files person, which has been remarked upon probably way too many time so once more does not matter at all). I am still catching up with the books of this writer so I am not reading them in sequence. But the last one I read was the most recent release by Carter which was somewhat dissatisfying and now I read the third in the series which was another kettle of fish altogether.

The gruesomeness of the acts the perpetrato
Patrizia
Shelves: my-library
Mandy White
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
I love this series! this book started with a bang and never let up! so good!
Gerry
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went into town on a sunny but cold day last week. The sunshine was so tempting that I thought I would spend half an hour or so on the Promenade and enjoy the rays. However, when I do that (and it is often in the summer) I always have a book with me; on this occasion, because I was not expecting to visit the Prom, I did not have one. I therefore went back to the nearby shops and looked for one to purchase. The only one that took my eye, because I knew my daughter loved Chris Carter, was 'The Ni ...more
Lady*M

The one thing I appreciate about any author is ability to learn and improve with every book. It seems to me that Chris Carter is one of those authors. From the awkward first book (especially in terms of language and pretty jarring omniscient POV), in every way better The Executioner to, finally The Night Stalker - each book was better than the last.

Things that were better:

- Robert Hunter is finally a human being. While he is still exceptional investigator of ultra violent (UV) crimes, h
Brenda H
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Night Stalker is the 3rd book in the Robert Hunter series by Chris Carter. This series is definitely not for the faint of heart. Detective Robert Hunter and his partner, Detective Carlos Garcia, are members of the Los Angeles Homicide Special Section. The crimes that they investigate are the most heinous, sadistic of murders and often those of serial killers.

In this story, a woman’s body has been discovered. It is unclear as to how she died as the body has no marks but her most intimate parts
Brini
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm officially a fan of Chris Carter's book series now. I like his style of writing and can't wait for the next book. The stitching thing reminded me of the Kiss-me-not killer from the Women's Murder Club TV series based on James Patterson's book series but with Chris Carter's books there are finally thriller books in which I get surprised at the end and hadn't already guessed the murderer. The third book seemed to be a little harmless in comparison to the first two books but yet again I was hoo ...more
Luffy
I have little feeling for The Night Stalker. The best thing about it is that I understood most of what was written. These type of thrillers are quite rudimentary in terms of detecting skills. The saving grace about The Night Stalker is that there is a surprise or three about the case. I can understand how people can rate this book a perfect five. I hate to rate any book a 3, but this one fits the bill. I'm undernourished from reading this harmless but trivial story. I knew before writing this r ...more
Tracy Fenton
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 in the Robert Hunter series is another tense and gruesome story with a very sick and twisted serial killer.
Jodie (whatjodiereads)
Another great read from Chris Carter! And I did not expect that twist! Again I loved reading about Hunter and Garcia, and I’ll definitely be reading the next book soon. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Siobhan
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After picking up the first in the Robert Hunter series and thoroughly enjoying it I went ahead and picked up the rest in the series, finishing them in next to no time at all.

Chris Carter is one of those authors capable of writing a truly gripping story. Each Robert Hunter story is better than the last, keeping you gripped throughout. Each story is more shocking than the last, filled with twists and turns that you very rarely see coming. There are one or two moments of predictability
Nina Walton
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant

Once again I was blown away from page 1. Excellent writer . think I'm hooked. Great characters. Not for the squeamish. Just how i like my books.
Laura LlamaDragon
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chris Carter has once again produced a book full of murders that are seriously messed up, which is exactly what I have come to look for in these books. This book got off to an amazing start with the action happening and gaining momentum within the first three pages. So that was that, I was instantaneously hooked in this story.

It progressed in its usual manner with Robert Hunter trying to work out the killers’ motive and understand why these murders were so brutal. Often in this book
Jane Long
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Not read one of his before, but will look out for him in future. Loved the characters especially the main one. Without giving anything away, this book is not for the faint hearted, or squeamish person. Usually you have heard it all before or read it all before, but this one was unique in the way they died!!!!!!!!! Go on, read it, you know you want to. lol.
Michael Britt
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I REALLY enjoyed the last half of the book or so, the first half dragged badly enough that it took me a month to finish a book that should’ve taken a weekend or, at most, 2 weekends. I still plan to continue the series, but I really hope this trend doesn’t seep into the rest of the books.
Snjezana Scarpetta Isles
I enjoyed with this book !!
Booksblogsandbusydays
3.5
I can definitely tell that the authors writing has improved in his later works.
Martin Smrz
The plot does not offer several suspects where the reader could "deduct" on his own who it might be. It just describes the search for the killer, who at the end pops-up. That takes away from the suspense.
Otherwise language and directness of writing is excellent and the book is fine read.
On the border of recommendation for me. There were definitively better books in the series.
Vanessa
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book by Chris Carter. He never disappoint.
Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski
Ok this one was pretty sick;) Its still the same structure but doesnt loose anything because of the way its written with short fast chapters keeping the pace and very interesting insights on the mind of a serial killer. Also robert Hunter grows as a character with every book and the supporting cast is still strong.
4 stars:)
Best Crime Books & More
Well, well, well! Mr Carter has been a treat I have been depriving myself of that’s for sure. It’s been a while since I last read a Chris Carter and I decided with his most recent release that it was high time I caught up. Robert Hunter is the main lead in this series along with his partner Garcia. Having read the two previous books, although Hunter is the clear leader I’m beginning to love his partner Garcia just as much. When this story kicks off it involves a body being brought into the morgu ...more
Matt
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carter’s third thriller is sure to send chills down the reader’s spine. When a woman is discovered in a filthy run down shop with her mouth and genitals sewn shut, Detectives Hunter and Garcia begin an investigation to find the sadistic killer. What is the rationale behind the stitching and why choose this particular woman? After discovering that the killer also inserted something inside the victim, the case truly hits a dead end, as there is no semblance of reasoning behind any of it. Hunter be ...more
Angela DeSilva
I really like this author a lot, what a fantastic read! He made me feel sorry for the killer at the end and that is no easy feat, since this is one vicious, but ingenious serial killer. The plot is streamlined to perfection, I love how Chris Carter thinks. I didn't guess who the killer was until close to the end. Brilliant brilliant writing. Only his latest book An Evil Mind is released in the United States and I borrowed that one from the library. I had to order this one from a used bookseller ...more
Ingrid Hansen
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All crime lovers
Recommended to Ingrid by: A friend
Shelves: crime
The third book by Chris Carter with Detective Robert Hunter and Detective Carlos Garcia from Los Angeles Robbery Homicide Division (RHD), The Homocide Special Section (HSS) is another masterpiece.
I read this book in less than 24 hours.
The serial killer is as vicious as a serial killer can be. The women who die in this book gets killed in the most horrible ways you can imagine and that is all I'm gonna tell you about the plot.
Chris Carter can still suprise you and he doesn't let

• Τοξικά Μάτια
  • Νεκρή Πόλη
  • Liebes Kind
  • The Puppet Show (Washington Poe, #1)
  • Ανάρμοστον εστί
  • Η γυναίκα του Ίσνταλ
  • Todesfrist (Maarten S. Sneijder, #1)
  • Twisted
  • Todesurteil (Maarten S. Sneijder, #2)
  • Die ewigen Toten (David Hunter #6)
  • Black Summer (Washington Poe, #2)
  • Die Lieferung
  • Todesmal (Maarten S. Sneijder, #5)
  • Todesmärchen (Maarten S. Sneijder, #3)
  • The Prophet (Shepherd #2)
  • Sleep
  • The Shepherd (Shepherd #1)
  • Down to the Woods (Helen Grace #8)

Biographies can be an absolute drag, so I won’t bore anyone with a long life story.

I was born in Brasilia, Brazil where I spent my childhood and teenage years. After graduating from high school, I moved to the USA where I studied psychology with specialization in criminal b

Robert Hunter (10 books)
  • The Crucifix Killer (Robert Hunter, #1)
  • The Executioner (Robert Hunter, #2)
  • The Death Sculptor (Robert Hunter, #4)
  • One by One (Robert Hunter, #5)
  • An Evil Mind (Robert Hunter, #6)
  • I Am Death (Robert Hunter, #7)
  • The Caller (Robert Hunter, #8)
  • Gallery of the Dead (Robert Hunter, #9)
  • Hunting Evil (Robert Hunter, #10)