Start by marking “I Don't Want to Go to Kindergarten...I'll Miss You Toooo Much!” as Want to Read:
I Don't Want to Go to Kindergarten...I'll Miss You Toooo Much!

I Don't Want to Go to Kindergarten...I'll Miss You Toooo Much!

4.89  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Are your children transitioning to a new school, grade level, team, home, etc.? Do they know how to positively deal with any form of stress? Empower kids of ALL AGES and help them develop emotional intelligence (EQ/EI) with a simple, life changing skill. Don't let the title fool you. "Powering-Up" helps us deal with any challenging situation including being bullied, starti ...more
Hardcover, Available from ABCaBetterMe.com, Large Print, 40 pages
Published March 2014 by ABC, A Better Me

Be the first to ask a question about I Don't Want to Go to Kindergarten...I'll Miss You Toooo Much!

Nancy Reinhiller
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Maureen King does a wonderful job depicting the fears of young children as they enter their first big stage in life; starting school. Not only are these fears acknowledged, but they are also dealt with by showing children the coping skills of making friends and "powering up".
I had the wonderful opportunity of observing children as the author read the book to them. They were very engaged in the story line and receptive to the subject matter. I would highly recommend this book for young children,
Noyb
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Maureen King's I Don't Want to Go to Kindergarten...I'll Miss You Toooo Much! with my daughter. She really enjoyed it. The timing was appropriate because she is attending preschool this fall. I am sure my daughter is experiencing the same emotions as the little girl in the book. Her favorite part is when they learn how to change their emotions. She always wants to try to push down my arm, but she can't because I'm thinking happy thoughts. The book is also well illustrated. A great find!

Bobbi Nelson
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for all children and especially kindergarteners. I will read it to my students the first week of school and am getting a copy for my partner teacher as well as a copy for each of the district's 6 school libraries. It has a great message and shows children and all that they do have control and can be in charge of their feelings. So happy you wrote this book. Can't wait for the rest.
Suzanne Priebe
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for entering kindergarden parents to share with their children and for pre-K teachers as well. The story is one that children will readily relate to, with the bonus of a strategy to help with any anxiety the child may be feeling about going to school. The strategy can be applied when the child grows older to sleep overs and going away trips. I look forward to more from "Mrs. King's toolbox." The beautiful illustrations will engage both parents and children.
Eileen Boyd
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents, grandparents, and teachers
Recommended to Eileen by: My sister
Great "first day of school book" for any primary classroom.
Robin Morgan
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I read this book via a KINDLE Unlimited download.
As a book reviewer after reading/reviewing quite a few books individual books and anthologies of various degrees of heat in my favorite genre that of romance, my inner child desired to read something geared for it. So when I came across the title of this book, “I Don’t Want to Go to Kindergarten,” my mind quickly recalled how frighten I’d been my first day of going there.

As a child leaving one of the best friends you had at that age, your mother,
Hilda Rodriguez
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bibliotherapy
I Don't Want to Go to Kindergarten...I'll Miss You Tooo Much! is a must read. I bought this book for my niece and she adores this book. My sister also uses the book in her Pre-K class to encourage those students who are apprehensive about entering kindergarten. This book can be used for all ages really. We experience new beginnings/changes in our lives that cause anxiety. The author captures those fears and empowers children to overcome those fears with their "super powers".
Krista Malone
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I ordered this book for my daughter when she entered kindergarten as she was feeling really anxious. Loved that purchasing it directly from the author meant that I was able to get a signed copy, so I had it signed to both my son and daughter.

The book is a great tool for helping kids understand the importance of the power of positive thinking and it gives them (and the adults around them) a common language regarding channeling that positive thinking to "power up."

As a school counselor, I have sh
Nicky
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have used this book with children in my therapy practice. Several of them responded well to it and felt encouraged by the idea of gaining a super power to support their scary transition into school. I think it would be best used before the school year starts and could be used for preschoolers, too.
Susanne Villagracia
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am a Kindergarten Teacher and I have thoroughly enjoyed this book. I ordered 3 books, one for me and 2 for my co-workers, and I cannot wait until the school year starts, to give it to them. Very cute. I also have a niece that is going to enter Kindergarten this year, and I will be giving her one as well.
Carol
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Should be "required reading" to all kinder kids...I read the story to my granddaughter...she immediately went to each person visiting and performed the strength test with them...then she explained why she was able to move their arms and they needed to have happier thoughts...
Great way to introduce elementary kids to a different way of dealing with feelings and stressful situations.
Angela Mase
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! Have ready it to my grand children and they love reading it over and over. It's a great book for kids going into Kindergarten and any age really as lots of things can be scary to them, and it shows how wonderful and exciting new things can be.
Shelley Woodson
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great book for children of all ages. I bought 2 copies of this book one to read to my own children and one as a gift for my oldest ones Kindergarten Teacher..
Betty Fuller
Shelves: books-for-kids
Such a great book!! Great message and sweet pictures.
I bought for my grandkids and an extra for me!!
Pjones
Jun 28, 2014 added it
Gentle way to share with children an experience everyone goes through. The art work is fantastic.
Holly
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this is such a great book. my soon to be kindergartner loved it. he said he felt better about going now, because now he has a super power.
Andrea
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much for this pleasant read. It will forever be on the Green Family shelf.
Christina
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book. Kids of all ages will love it. I highly recommend this book.
Tracey Arvidson
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Maureen has hit the nail on the head! This book is full of good and positive insight. A must read!
Sarah Beardshear
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful book! I bought it for my son who is starting kindergarten. The book has such a great message, it really could be enjoyed by any young child.
Monique
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet and touching book! We enjoyed it thoroughly and recommend for all parents!
Marilyn Katz
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book from Goodreads.
Not only is this a wonderful book for the preschool child transitioning to kindergarten, but it is extremely helpful to parents and teachers. The length of the book will hold little ones' attention and give parents some tips on easing their child's separation anxiety . I wish this book was around when my son went to kindergarten.
Wendy Phung
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book through the Goodreads Giveaways. Maureen King is amazing at what she does. I wish she was my teacher when I was in school. The lesson she taught in this book was very memorable and it was easy to understand and incorporate into your every day life. The power demonstrated in this book is extremely useful in almost every situation in life. I love how this is part of a series which different super powers to handle difficult situations. Her books will hell parents deal with any situa ...more
Anna
Useful, but could have been more so.

It tells us about a "super power" and explains why it's a "super power," but doesn't explain how to actually do it beyond just telling you to do it and saying it's easy to do.

Also, my son and I both felt a little disappointed that the story didn't continue a little further than it did. Though I do understand why it ended where it did.
Kathleen
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet and simple early introduction to skills our kids need and can actually learn to face fears and get through the new and the scary. They look at us wide eyed, begging for help and we say “Don’t worry”, “You’ll be fine”, “Be brave”. This book shows little ones how to find and hang onto their own power and calm when life overwhelms. Kids love this book! So do I!
Book
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is wonderfully illustrated throughout which makes the read even more appealing. The author has put a lot of effort into making this an engaging read, and youngsters will enjoy, whilst also giving them the confidence to go to kindergarten or pre-school, showing them that it is fun and beneficial.

This is certainly one story I will pass on to my nephews and friends who have younger kids.
Susan Rodriguez
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book and I am excited to pass this on to my step daughter for her children!
Winnie Wills
Jun 28, 2014
Patricia
Aug 05, 2014
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Mar 21, 2015
  • Pouch!
  • Curious George Curious You: On Your Way!
  • A Kiss Goodbye  (Chester the Raccoon (Kissing Hand) #3)
  • Glasswings: A Butterfly's Story
  • My Very Exciting, Sorta Scary, Big Move: A Workbook for Children Moving to a New Home
  • Brady Needs a Nightlight
  • Tiger-Tiger, Is It True?: Four Questions to Make You Smile Again
  • Lola Goes to the Doctor
  • Wilma Jean the Worry Machine
  • The Chicken of the Family
  • What Do You Do with a Problem?
  • You're Wearing THAT to School?!
  • It's Okay to Make Mistakes
  • Friends
  • Planet Kindergarten
  • A Terrible Thing Happened
  • The Lemonade Club
  • Little Dog Lost: The True Story of a Brave Dog Named Baltic
I'm a school counselor & practice techniques for positive mental, physical, and spiritual growth. I strive to spread peace in all that I do. I'm passionate about sharing strategies to empower families while developing emotional intelligence (EI or EQ) and resiliency in children and adults. With that as my goal, I work to bring 'Mrs. King’s Toolbox Series' to kids of ALL ages at home and school ...more
More about Maureen King